Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,696 members, 7,889,213 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:16 AM

How important is a woman's love to a man? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How important is a woman's love to a man? (1135 Views)

3 Basic Ways To Make Your Woman Love You Hard / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) / Male Child In The Family. How Important Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How important is a woman's love to a man? by TyLannister: 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
It may be a sentiment from a novel but is it not true to life?

...he walked fair across Ireland. Finola's death had broken him...Nothing made sense any more...He was lost. As lost as yesterday, lost as truth in the mouth of a liar.

That's an excerpt from a novel, The Killing Anniversary, a historical romance thriller by Ian St. James. Easy to dismiss if you're a cynic. But how about this?

He that findeth a wife a good thing and obtaineth favor from the Lord.

Or this:

They twain shall become one flesh

Easy to dismiss if you don't care for Christianity orthe Bible. But why do men become such cruel exploiters of women after they have been betrayed by one woman? There are two ways men become players: emotional trauma from a woman and mentoring from a man who has been hurt by a woman emotionally or from a succession of men mentored by someone who has been so hurt.

Perhaps there's more to this whole love thing than we readily see. Is it possible that a man's life is made or marred by the woman he loves? I know someone whose zest for life and living rises and drops according to the responses he gets from the woman he loves and who is yet to consent to his advances.

Is it ridiculous to believe that a man is only whole and 100% able because he has a woman whom he can count on?
Re: How important is a woman's love to a man? by TyLannister: 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2013
It would appear that there's a story around here that helps with this: https://www.nairaland.com/20511/adjusting-life-widower
Re: How important is a woman's love to a man? by TyLannister: 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2013
The deaths of Brigid and Maureen shattered everyone. Tomas was a broken man. Brigid had been his life. Without her and Maureen, Tomas withered like a plant pulled from its roots. - The Killing Anniversary.
Re: How important is a woman's love to a man? by Miner13: 9:06pm On Dec 01, 2013
Is the air the man breath
Re: How important is a woman's love to a man? by TyLannister: 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
Miner13: Is the air the man breath
That's what a woman's love is?

I have a friend who's pursuing his dreams and ambitions with single-mindedness. He didn't have a girlfriend the last time I checked and he's not married either. He tends to treat women like a distraction. But I know someone else who seems to draw the inspiration to live from the woman he loves.

In the latter case, he still does what he needs to do but with motivation that flares and dies with the responses his lady love gives to his advances. That's what I'm curious about. Why the difference?
Re: How important is a woman's love to a man? by Kanwulia: 8:45am On Dec 03, 2013
As important as a mans love to a woman! cool
It takes 2! kiss
Re: How important is a woman's love to a man? by Fraternize(m): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2013
It is a general principle for men to go on revenge rampage once they have been jilted by the women they loved. I mean real love here. Deep down each promiscuous man is a tale of a true love gone sour....those who have pleasant relationship should thank their stars....but watch out, no one has the immunity against falling
Re: How important is a woman's love to a man? by TyLannister: 10:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
I fell hard for a girl. I couldn't help building my life around her. I used to take a lot of time to get into relationships. But in her case, I fell like a sack of bricks. And at a time that I meant to stay out of really involving relationships to focus on my career. Now it's all I can do to avoid bugging her with my love for her all the damn time.

The point is that life is not the same anymore. I only find myself inspired and rearing to go when I see suggestions that she feels like I do. Other times I basically mope about. That's what I was hoping to discuss here. Why does it matter so much? Do women normally feel that way about a guy, @Kanwulia?
Re: How important is a woman's love to a man? by bukatyne(f): 10:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
@OP:

as important as the love of a man to a woman. True love is God's gift to man
Re: How important is a woman's love to a man? by TyLannister: 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
bukatyne: @OP:

as important as the love of a man to a woman. True love is God's gift to man
Thank you for answering my thread. However, I do wonder if women feel as I described in the post above yours?

(1) (Reply)

Why Dont I Feel Love / Disadvantages Of Being A Man / I Get S*xual Feelings Whenever My Son Sucks By Br*ast ––mother Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.