Stats: 3,201,186 members, 7,977,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 08:56 AM

Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri (31481 Views)

Soldiers Lead Boko Haram Victims Back To Their Base In Borno State. See Photos / AirForce Drone Bombs Boko Haram Logistics Base In Sambisa / UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now (2) (3) (4)

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by Rottenegg1: 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
^bros i tire oooo
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by chiefololade: 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
slightlyMad:

Islam has a lot to do with boko haram, the fact that you are not killing your fellow christian goes to show you are disobeying allah, who instructed all muslim faithfuls to execute infidels.

The world will be better off if the whole world can fight islam. which is the main cause.
Abeg, no come kill me 4 house o, i don't really mean all my above rant o.
Please find an English Qur'an and help me quote where it is written that "All Muslim Faithfuls To Execute Infidels.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by rman: 4:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sam_Ikenna:

#1) We're together already. Unless by together you mean we should go up north and put out the fire with bare hands - If this is what you mean then I ain't down with that, you can take a ride up north if you want it that bad. And while you're going please remember to put some IEDs in a bag in case Dr Junaid Muhammed and his band of wahabi influenced Jihadists misinterpret your goodwill.

#2) No, its not gonna happen. I used to think that before but now I know they don't have what it takes to cross down south. Yea, maybe they can come in once in awhile and hastily throw in some pop-can bombs but nothing serious. They can't set up shop in any southern region unless that region shares same ideology with them Jihadists.

Bro, in this day and age its been well established that terror grows if and only if its homegrown.
In a way, I feel for them northerners because its their city and future they're burning down but I don't know how an Eastern Christian like me can help bunch of self-entitled Jihadists who have vowed to decimate and enslave members of my faith and ethnicity.

Hope you feel me.

This exactly the problem, I am talking about Nigeria, you are talking about north and south, and even called a Junaid as one of the supporters. I'm not a northnerner and don't live there. You have actually politicized this attack again.
The average Hausa or fulani doesn't really care. It is because of politics that it grew into this. Buhari, Emirs Junaid etc that we all accuse are not the people we are fighting. If they are even the international community would have altered our intelligence authority here.
What is happening is more! It is war.
Unless, you are saying a community that is perpetually full of poor people all of sudden came about wealth to fight a war.

I am not saying we should all carry weapons and move to the north. Coming together means the decision makers should all be on the same page.

The blame game on northerners should stop.
Mind you, it can't happen in the south is all in your imagination. USA with all her technology advancement and money spent on security didn't see September 11 coming. It just happened.

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by Wsdm: 5:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Shame on the Nigerian military. How can they be on ground for over 6 months yet the ragtag bandits called Boko Haram still have the boldness and freedom to attack places that should have been no go areas. I'm highly disappointed. I wonder what would have happened without the civillian JTF. Maybe its time we started looking for mercenaries to fight this battle for us(after all all the major projects currently going on got the country are being done by mercenaries). Very shameful
So you dey make sense like this? I think say na complete id**t you be now. Ok, i reduce your idiotness in my mind by 10%.
God punish anybody that kills an innocent person through any guise.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by Kennyfancy(m): 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
oh GOD,,,we should banish dis mulsim religions from nigeria,,,dey ar fools

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by Kennyfancy(m): 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
[/color]oh GOD,,,we should banish dis mulsim religions from nigeria,,,dey ar fools[color=#550000]oh GOD,,,we should banish dis mulsim religions from nigeria,,,dey ar foolsoh GOD,,,we should banish dis mulsim religions from nigeria,,,dey ar fools
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by Capnd143(m): 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Shame on the Nigerian military. How can they be on ground for over 6 months yet the ragtag bandits called Boko Haram still have the boldness and freedom to attack places that should have been no go areas. I'm highly disappointed. I wonder what would have happened without the civillian JTF. Maybe its time we started looking for mercenaries to fight this battle for us(after all all the major projects currently going on got the country are being done by mercenaries). Very shameful
mr.man i have always been a fan of yours bt with this ur dumb post i think i refuse to be, why blame the military for bh attacks when this guys are basically civilians in disguise, hw are u supposed to identify everyone? Those islamic cowards stage guerilla attacks on military formations and return to their caves in disguise as civilians, hw on earth is the military suppose to knw everyone that is a bh member? Are the gods? Even though i accept the military has faulted in some areas. . . It aint no easy deal fighting a guerilla warfare! Even ur so called "mercenaries" cant eradicate bh in a jifi, even the U.S with superior firepower and sleek inteligence have spent decades(15 years plus) combating alqueada and their cohorts! Come on bro . . You are doing exatcly what those bh guys what nigerians to do, which loose hope in the military campain!

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by Kennyfancy(m): 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
ibro360: like i av always said if boko haram is an islamic or terrorist group it would av been history bt because i believe govt has a hand in it dats y dis group still exist.How long did it take Nigeria to win d biafran civil and y is boko haram so difficult to conquer,my fellow Nigerian read between d lines i believe dia is more to boko haram than dia religious propaganda...
u dey craze,u fool,,i pray u dnt die of ignorance,,,,cnt u see,mad man,,boko nah islam while harram nah muslim
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by McLuhan(m): 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
Kollins12:
Your problem is IGNORANCE: so you still don't know at this stage that Islam has nothing to do with B/Haram, anyway! I do not blame you,naivety based on mental complacency in you is the cause of your foolishness.
I agree with you: Islam has nothing to do with Boko Haram, neither are these terrorists Muslims. Just like al-Qaeda, the Taliban, and Al-Shabaab, the membership of Boko Haram comprises mainly Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, and Christians. I agree with you entirely.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by experimentist: 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
Miner13: If you ask now who are this boko haram fighting for, you will see grenade counter reply, but they mak it clear that until muslim win the north they wil not stop.
Then ask a muslim why are they doing such, they wil tell you, boko haram are not muslim but cultist.
Please who is deceiving who. A said religion of peace unleashing mayhem, killing innocent citizen.
May God return to them their deeds. Amen
who's deceiving who? You! You're deceiving yourself, igno!
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by Kennyfancy(m): 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
mr president shld withdrawn d milatary men and christain frm dos state,If boko harram don kill all d muslim finish,,only dem go stay d state,,, if dey cn lived alone jst lik mohamend d harram did with is army,,lt dem lived
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
McLuhan:
I agree with you: Islam has nothing to do with Boko Haram, neither are these terrorists Muslims. Just like al-Qaeda, the Taliban, and Al-Shabaab, the membership of Boko Haram comprises mainly Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, and Christians. I agree with you entirely.

ReallyThese Christians Hindus Jews and Buddhists scream 'Allahu Akbar' before razing Down an Airport??.Go lie to a Chadian.!!

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by dailywealth1967: 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
BH targets are mainly unarmed civilians.Arm d civilians in borno & BH wil find their square roots
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
Capnd143: mr.man i have always been a fan of yours bt with this ur dumb post i think i refuse to be, why blame the military for bh attacks when this guys are basically civilians in disguise, hw are u supposed to identify everyone? Those islamic cowards stage guerilla attacks on military formations and return to their caves in disguise as civilians, hw on earth is the military suppose to knw everyone that is a bh member? Are the gods? Even though i accept the military has faulted in some areas. . . It aint no easy deal fighting a guerilla warfare! Even ur so called "mercenaries" cant eradicate bh in a jifi, even the U.S with superior firepower and sleek inteligence have spent decades(15 years plus) combating alqueada and their cohorts! Come on bro . . You are doing exatcly what those bh guys what nigerians to do, which loose hope in the military campain!
To be honest with you, I cant get my head around why this MAGNITUDE of attacks on places that should otherwise be NO GO areas can happen after over 6 months of state of emergency. I can understand attacks on soft targets since we'r fighting a unconvential warfare but not the one that was reported today. The Nigerian military has tried but what happened today is unacceptable. If an Air Force case in a state that is under state of emergency is not safe, then where else is safe?
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by onyeamuma72: 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gods general senior prophet tb joshua of scoan lagos saw this last two sunday this was his ,,the evil one boko haram are planning a huge attack nigeria security be on alert the only problem with our government is that they don't know what God give nigeria in prophet tbj when God speak only the wise listen
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by Idrico(m): 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
adepojuot: No be lie ooooooo,I just read it from vanguard news online,the attack started around 3am,there target were maiduguri air force base,maiduguri international airport,and several places,many killed according to vanguard news online...Islam is a curse to entire world....the same thing is happening across Muslim countries....
What does Islam got to do in this?
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by nagoma(m): 6:18pm On Dec 02, 2013

Totally sincere and totally unexpected , judging from the poster's reputation!!
He is normally a bootlicker and a creep for the government. Unless there are more than one with such name.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by Idrico(m): 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
slightlyMad:

Islam has a lot to do with boko haram, the fact that you are not killing your fellow christian goes to show you are disobeying allah, who instructed all muslim faithfuls to execute infidels.

The world will be better off if the whole world can fight islam. which is the main cause.

How come muslims in the Sw have not killed you?
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by McLuhan(m): 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
GERALD710:
ReallyThese Christians Hindus Jews and Buddhists scream 'Allahu Akbar' before razing Down an Airport??.Go lie to a Chadian.!!
Don't you understand? The 'religion of peace' cannot harbour terrorists, neither do Muslims kill people. Some Christians just pretend to be Muslims and cut off people's heads, shouting 'Allahu akbar' while doing so. But they are not Muslims. You can't call members of Boko Haram Muslims, nor can you point to Islam as the motivation for these acts of violence, because Muslims have not been known in recent times or in the past to have killed people in the name of religion. Even Osama bin Laden was a peaceable easy-going farmer who was framed by America and accused of plotting the 9/11 attacks. Same applies to Abdul Muttallab Farouq, the innocent Nigerian wrongly called 'the underpants bomber'. He never intended to hurt anyone but was betrayed into the hands of the Americans by the Nigerian government. Furthermore, there is not one verse of the Quran that admonishes Muslims to fight against infidels, none, not one. And, for your information, Prophet Mohammed(PBUH) was as gentle as a dove, and never killed or ordered the killing of anybody! Never. So stop blaming Islam for Boko Haram.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by BetaThings: 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
chidinwachukwu: I pity North,let their leaders continue to sponsor and allow these people in their midst to continue blowing up,projects that takes many wills and years to build.After the finish I will kno who is going to suffer it most.

So Major Gen Shuwa (Rtd) was a northern leader and he sponsored it?
The Emir of Bayero was attacked and he is a northern leader
On Oct 1st 2010, there was a bomb blast at the 50th anniversary celebration
President Johnathan said it was not done by MEND because they are his people and that he knew the sponsor
Suddenly 3 text messages that seemed to implicate IBB and Dokpesi (his then campaign manager) were released by SSS
Dokpesi was arrested and was released only for him to leave IBB campaign organiation and then completely off the hook
People like you started asking fir the head of IBB
Where are we today?
Somebody from South South has been convicted on the issue in far away South Africa
South South people are being held and tried over the matter in Nigeria
NOT a single ONE of the people you guys accused in 2010 is standing trial

So where are the text messages?
"Na we do am",
"Have you collected the money from Dokpesi,"
"Let us meet at IBB campaign Office"

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by BetaThings: 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
slightlyMad:

You have listened too much to the hate speeches of your pastors
Approach a church, it is always "fire, fire", "I curse you" "God let them perish" etc
When are you going to kill your own share of "winch" that you should not suffer to live

The fact that you are not setting fellow Christian on fire (like Reverend King) goes to show you are disobeying your God
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by BetaThings: 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2013
adepojuot: I will keep on copy and paist life history of prophet Muhammed for every body to know true meaning of ISLAM: Atrocities committed by prophet Muhammed: in the year 623-prophet Muhammed orders raids on meccan caravan,624-battle of Badr, 624-prophet evicted Qaynuqa Jews from Medina, 624-prophet Muhammed orders the assissination of Abu Afak, 624-prophet also orders assissination of Asma bint Marwan,624-Muhammed also orders assassination of Ka;b al-ashraf,625-battle of Uhud,625-he Evicts Nadir Jews,627-Battle of the Trench:note:during trench battle: prophet Muhammed murdered 800-900 Jewish men and he took there wives captive.627-Massacre of the Qurayza Jews,628-Muhammed districion and Subjugation of the Khaybar Jews,629-Muhammed orders first raid into Christians at Muta but he was defeated,630-conquered Mecca by surprise along with other tribes,632-prophet dies of poise,he was unable to detect poise.Muhammed is an Narcissist,a paedophile,a mass murderer,a terrorist,a misogynist,a lecher,a cult leader,a rapist,a torturers,an assassin and looters...compare life style of Muhammed with boko haram members,Na same same.so stop blaming boko,blame Muhammed teachings...Islam is all about violent.

It is all about violent or violet, is it not?
You guys just go to church to listen to hate speeches
Anyway

Please
educate me on how Asia came under Christian rule
discuss the doctrine of discovery and its application in the Americas
Tell me about the Wars of Religion and brief us ion the St Bartholomews Day Massacre
Enlighten us on The inquisitions
What happened to the jews during the plague
Now say something about the Tai Pin rebellion
do a piece on the opprtunistic activities of the pastors following American unjust invasion of Iraq
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by zinaunreal(m): 6:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
Kill all muslims , you will find out that whatever battle humanity will be fighting next would be far more civilized.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by gbrown(m): 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
Kollins12:
Your problem is IGNORANCE: so you still don't know at this stage that Islam has nothing to do with B/Haram, anyway! I do not blame you,naivety based on mental complacency in you is the cause of your foolishness.
bros just learn to live with it, Islam is boko haram,boko haram is Islam, how did Islam spread in d middle east? violence! How did Islam spread in northern Nigeria and southwest? It was violence via utman dan fodio, violence is synonymous with lslam, just go to Somalia, Sudan,egypt,algeria,iraq and Syria just to mention a few, violence is the order of d day in d aforementioned countries, my brother u can't shy away from this stark reality.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by BetaThings: 6:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
Miner13:

the truth is govt and citizen of bornu state know how this islamic bandits can be captured but they wil not do it. I remeba sometime ago in kaduna whenever the muslim are ready for any attack you wil see gathering up in set numbers after jumat. Once you heard bisimillai after they prayer the attack would begun.
So tell me despit that security personnel on ground they were able to attack the heart of maiduguri
how did they gathered up in that high number if there was no back up within the metropolis

So the people know how to capture those who slaughtered the people that have been killing their children in schools and they refused to capture them?
Where is your conscience?
Are you aware that that these heartless bandits use military uniform?
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by abbeysteph: 6:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ar u insane or y ar u tryn 2 feed us d same crap dat u pple ar bin feed by ur ignoramus alfa n imams at ur local schs,if bharams ar nt religious group wat ar dey?political or salvation army den u must be high on ur wifeys menstrual flow.if u want 2 brainwash pple do dat 2 ur ignoramus n abdul retardinhos dat ar knocks dea head on d ground like u.I'm sure as time goes on d long arm of american drones wil all of una
Kollins12:
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by McLuhan(m): 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2013
GERALD710:
Don't you understand? The 'religion of peace' cannot harbour terrorists, neither do Muslims kill people. Some Christians just pretend to be Muslims and cut off people's heads, shouting 'Allahu akbar' while doing so. But they are not Muslims. You can't call members of Boko Haram Muslims, nor can you point to Islam as the motivation for these acts of violence, because Muslims have not been known in recent times or in the past to have killed people in the name of religion. Even Osama bin Laden was a peaceable easy-going farmer who was framed by America and accused of plotting the 9/11 attacks. Same applies to Farooq Abdul Muttallab, the innocent Nigerian lad wrongly called 'the underpants bomber'. He never intended to hurt anyone but was betrayed into the hands of the Americans by the Nigerian government. Furthermore, there is not one verse of the Quran that admonishes Muslims to fight against infidels, none, not one. Every verse speaks peace and blessing to all people regardless of faith. And, for your information, Prophet Mohammed(PBUH) was as gentle as a dove, and never killed or ordered the killing of anybody, never! So stop blaming Islam for Boko Haram.

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by SamIkenna: 7:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
rman:

This exactly the problem, I am talking about Nigeria, you are talking about north and south, and even called a Junaid as one of the supporters. I'm not a northnerner and don't live there. You have actually politicized this attack again.
The average Hausa or fulani doesn't really care. It is because of politics that it grew into this. Buhari, Emirs Junaid etc that we all accuse are not the people we are fighting. If they are even the international community would have altered our intelligence authority here.
What is happening is more! It is war.
Unless, you are saying a community that is perpetually full of poor people all of sudden came about wealth to fight a war.

I am not saying we should all carry weapons and move to the north. Coming together means the decision makers should all be on the same page.

The blame game on northerners should stop.
Mind you, it can't happen in the south is all in your imagination. USA with all her technology advancement and money spent on security didn't see September 11 coming. It just happened.

I shared your kind of views before. But at some point we all have to accept the reality and move on. Whether you accept it or not, the people in Boko Haram infested region, both their govt and elders, made this day a reality and we have no choice but to let them follow their heart desire which is - Islamic/sharia law for their land. If you think that's not why they're killing us then what is it? unemployment? - the last time I checked unemployment is a national problem yet people here are not killing because of it. Illiteracy? - well, they've had about 40 years of unfettered access to the leadership and resources of this country so I don't see how I should help them with the 20 pounds they gave my Dad.

So you see, no matter what anyone says the problem in the north is religious. Its a problem that has been incubating even before independence. Today that problem has delivered a full blown mess. So, bro there's no getting together on this one because even if we intend to, our help will be returned to us in body-bags. If you doubt it, search the number of Southern people who went to the north to help teach or vaccinate the core northern children but were returned in body-bags. These people we stick out our neck to love despise us and our ways. To them, we're morally bankrupt and scum of the earth, we're infidels who deserve death as mercy. I want to help but no one has told me how that can be achieved, hence my decision to move one with life. Perhaps, the only thing we can do is to wait for them to get back to common sense then, maybe then, we can help each other.

Lest I forget, when you mentioned we should get together it seems you forgot how Dr Junaid Muhammed threatened that the national conference call is a declaration of war. So, tell me how you intend to get together and sing Kumbaya with people who say getting together is an act of war. As if that was not enough, he threatened Lagos a few days ago. And this man is a well trained medical doctor not some ignorant fool, a highly respect man we're talking about here.

And please for the love of God, 9/11 and Boko Haram terror are like night and day. Boko Harams are resident here while 9/11 terrorists are into hit and run. Ours is different ok. We just happened to have resident devils. When you have a resident devil you change apartment, thats what you do.

Anyways, I can only say the reason some of us pander and absolve the nonsensical and atrocious excesses of the core north is because some of us are scared of them. There's no other reason for it. But I have news for those of us who have cold feet on this issue and its this - This is our lives and we only have one shot at it, one shot! not two, not three - only one. We can slavishly keep quiet and waste another 50 years talking about polio, almajiri, Boko Haram, dead NYSC memeber, national conference, Ango Abdulahi, born to rule, and Junaid Muhammed or we can spend another 50 catching up and out-pacing many Asian nations and having our flag flying on the moon with a message that beckons on the rest of Africa to join us in making the black race proud. The choice is ours.

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by abbeysteph: 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
Guy u dey craz 4 head wea did u get all ds craps 4rm is it ur imaginatn or wat u ar bn tot in ur arabic schs.if na d 1st ur madness don get masters n u need help fast fast if na d 2nd omg d united states,eu n nato sud kip manufacturing morr drones because u pple ar beyond redemption
McLuhan:
Don't you understand? The 'religion of peace' cannot harbour terrorists, neither do Muslims kill people. Some Christians just pretend to be Muslims and cut off people's heads, shouting 'Allahu akbar' while doing so. But they are not Muslims. You can't call members of Boko Haram Muslims, nor can you point to Islam as the motivation for these acts of violence, because Muslims have not been known in recent times or in the past to have killed people in the name of religion. Even Osama bin Laden was a peaceable easy-going farmer who was framed by America and accused of plotting the 9/11 attacks. Same applies to Abdul Muttallab Farouq, the innocent Nigerian wrongly called 'the underpants bomber'. He never intended to hurt anyone but was betrayed into the hands of the Americans by the Nigerian government. Furthermore, there is not one verse of the Quran that admonishes Muslims to fight against infidels, none, not one. And, for your information, Prophet Mohammed(PBUH) was as gentle as a dove, and never killed or ordered the killing of anybody! Never. So stop blaming Islam for Boko Haram.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by gbrown(m): 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
BetaThings:

It is all about violent or violet, is it not?
You guys just go to church to listen to hate speeches
Anyway

Please
educate me on how Asia came under Christian rule
discuss the doctrine of discovery and its application in the Americas
Tell me about the Wars of Religion and brief us ion the St Bartholomews Day Massacre
Enlighten us on The inquisitions
What happened to the jews during the plague
Now say something about the Tai Pin rebellion
do a piece on the opprtunistic activities of the pastors following American unjust invasion of Iraq
hi,did u just say American unjust invasion of Iraq? Are u talking about the same Iraq that invaded a fellow Islamic country called Kuwait? Ok the entire world should have kept mute and allowed Iraq be,thus setting a dangerous precedent? U are really funny.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by rman: 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sam_Ikenna:

I shared your kind of views before. But at some point we all have to accept the reality and move on. Whether you accept it or not, the people in Boko Haram infested region, both their govt and elders, made this day a reality and we have no choice but to let them follow their heart desire which is - Islamic/sharia law for their land. If you think that's not why they're killing us then what is it? unemployment? - the last time I checked unemployment is a national problem yet people here are not killing because of it. Illiteracy? - well, they've had about 40 years of unfettered access to the leadership and resources of this country so I don't see how I should help them with the 20 pounds they gave my Dad.

So you see, no matter what anyone says the problem in the north is religious. Its a problem that has been incubating even before independence. Today that problem has delivered a full blown mess. So, bro there's no getting together on this one because even if we intend to, our help will be returned to us in body-bags. If you doubt it, search the number of Southern people who went to the north to help teach or vaccinate the core northern children but were returned in body-bags. These people we stick out our neck to love despise us and our ways. To them, we're morally bankrupt and scum of the earth, we're infidels who deserve death as mercy. I want to help but no one has told me how that can be achieved, hence my decision to move one with life. Perhaps, the only thing we can do is to wait for them to get back to common sense then, maybe then, we can help each other.

Lest I forget, when you mentioned we should get together it seems you forgot how Dr Junaid Muhammed threatened that the national conference call is a declaration of war. So, tell me how you intend to get together and sing Kumbaya with people who say getting together is an act of war. As if that was not enough, he threatened Lagos a few days ago. And this man is a well trained medical doctor not some ignorant fool, a highly respect man we're talking about here.

And please for the love of God, 9/11 and Boko Haram terror are like night and day. Boko Harams are resident here while 9/11 terrorists are into hit and run. Ours is different ok. We just happened to have resident devils. When you have a resident devil you change apartment, thats what you do.

Anyways, I can only say the reason some of us pander and absolve the nonsensical and atrocious excesses of the core north is because some of us are scared of them. There's no other reason for it. But I have news for those of us who have cold feet on this issue and its this - This is our lives and we only have one shot at it, one shot! not two, not three - only one. We can slavishly keep quiet and waste another 50 years talking about polio, almajiri, Boko Haram, dead NYSC memeber, national conference, Ango Abdulahi, born to rule, and Junaid Muhammed or we can spend another 50 catching up and out-pacing many Asian nations and having our flag flying on the moon with a message that beckons on the rest of Africa to join us in making the black race proud. The choice is ours.

Anyway, it is not looking good. I just don't want to believe or accept bokoharam have won.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by abbeysteph: 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
Bros abeg identify urself,se u b us army or russian army? If none abeg carry ur sweet mouth comot 4 here
ArQueBusieR:
Don't be an ignoramus. Even camp Bastion was infiltrated with US aircraft destroyed. You think unconventional warfare is a joke? If I give you the lowdown on the complexities of asymmetric warfare, you'll piss your pants. Just pray it doesn't come near you, 'cos it's hell!

Is Nigeria A Country Or A Nation? / Ubani: Magu Should Have Investigated Tinubu, Ganduje, Oshiomhole / LP Replies Tinubu Over Threat Of Anarchy, Reveals Next Move

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109