Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,583 members, 7,878,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 11:54 PM

Change The Status Quo Or Not. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Change The Status Quo Or Not. (734 Views)

The Status Of Federal House Of Representatives Speakership / Meaning Of "Status Quo": Court Ruling On Tambuwal / SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Change The Status Quo Or Not. by ayinba1(f): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2008
Is it just me or has the politics section become utterly depressing?

Do you guys find it harder to read these things if you are resident in Nigeria or if you are outside the country.
How can people joke about some of the current happenings in the country?

Is it okay to turn a blind eye simply because you no longer reside in Nigeria?

I know my questions are many but it is so hard to comprehend the way the country is being run.

I do not blame the people but how can the status quo be changed/challenged?

Sometimes, I just want to puke.
Re: Change The Status Quo Or Not. by lucabrasi(m): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2008
yes u r right,apart from joking about it they will also criticise every positive thing the nigerian state or federal government done and never see anything good in nigeria,having said that i think for some people its a sign of despondence and helplessness,especially when you are having a discourse about soething serious the politicians end up doing something worse that makes you despair and ask yourself if its worth comlaining about

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Many Problems / NIGERIA, ICJ And Texas Execution / China Revokes Visa Of Gold Medalist, Darfur Activist Cheek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.