Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,627 members, 7,882,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:17 PM

Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars (17619 Views)

MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT LOOMS MTN NIGERIA: 4,500 STAFF TO LOSE THEIR JOBS!!! / How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by amebolive: 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2008
Dear Nairalanders, i have not seen this situation where an organization will be forcing its employees to take brand new cars against their wishes. is this what they call corporate branding of slavery where someone can't make a decision about the liabilities he/she wants in life.

I have heard of other good organizations that just throw it open to their employees that are interested in things like his but not by forcing people to take liabilities, may be to generate deposit or what?
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by Geezle(m): 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2008
proof first before N'landers go yarn
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by funop: 6:28pm On Jul 24, 2008
This is true!!!! It is compulsory for all the Executive trainee to take up a car ( honda or ford). but it is optional for assistant banking officer ad banking officer.
This is a brandy slavery where Staff can not take decision on their own.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by hunter777(m): 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2008
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by kazeem4t(m): 11:42pm On Jul 24, 2008
YOU KNOW WHEN PEOPLE CAN NOT GET WHAT THEY WANT
THEN THEY MUST LOVE THAT WHICH THEY GOT
THAT IS THE CASE WITH MOST BANKERS lipsrsealed cry
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by CHUKWUKAHE: 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2008
that is a whole lot better than what obtains at ZENITH BANK, salary was reviewed today with everybody from EA(executive assistant) upwards getting a raise except ET's(executive trainees) who remained on there paltry #75,000 monthly salary, and to think they have the same monthly targets to meet this just shows how inconsiderate JIM OVIA and his management staff are, Useless man cry cry

The review too, they did not increase system admin and secretary which is very bad and these days banks cannot do without the system admin in the branches (Infotech guys), it is very appauling thing to think off.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by francisc: 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2008
wat u said about access bank is true. heard that CHOSCHARIS is owing them and cant repay back, so the management is now forcing his unsellable cars on the employees. my friend working there told me that from next month wether you have the car or not, HR will debit you for the monthly amount. the car is not honda OH. ITS A STUPID FORD FOCUS that the parts are hardly to get, to make matters worse it is a manual drive. AT this ERA?

God will help them.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by obiem(m): 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2008
amebolive:

[b][/b]Dear Nairalanders, i have not seen this situation where an organisation will be forcing its employees to take brand new cars against their wishes. is this what they call corporate branding of slavery where someone can't make a decision about the liabilities he/she wants in life.
i have heard of other good organisations that just throw it open to their employees that are interested in things like his but not by forcing people to take liabilities, may be to generate deposit or what?

Very well said , my friend there also confirmed it, it's a mix of mordern day slavery and political bickering, what do u expect when the MD of Coscharis is an executive director on the board of the bank?
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by iykrion(m): 12:44am On Jul 27, 2008
hunter777:

that is a whole lot better than what obtains at ZENITH BANK, salary was reviewed today with everybody from EA(executive assistant) upwards getting a raise except ET's(executive trainees) who remained on there paltry #75,000 monthly salary, and to think they have the same monthly targets to meet angry angry angry angry this just shows how inconsiderate JIM OVIA and his management staff are, Useless man

Remember that the PS of these ET's is not less than N1.2m for the just ended financial year.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by 702: 7:39am On Jul 27, 2008
Remember dat d bank policy requires a must 2yrs stay4 freshers 2wrk wiv dem b4 leavin' d bank!

so dat wud most definitely b a gud avenue 4 d car aquisition!

Na theory of profit konceptz!! grin
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by amebolive: 8:13pm On Aug 06, 2008
fellow Nairalanders should beware of Access Bank. this is TOTAL SLAVERY.

pls what is the way out?
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by lawless: 8:47am On Aug 07, 2008
My people, this whole thing with Access Bank is not a joke at all. I however think we are not looking at the flip side of it.
Yes, the bank makes it difficult for ETs to leave them before the expiration of two years and the cars are compulsory, but If I were the MD of the coy, I would probably do the same. Imagine spending a whole lot to train your staff for upwards of 4 months only to have them snatched up by other banks. The way I see it, there is some form of job security here cos before the bank thinks of laying off any staff, they will ask themselves how the staff is going to pay off all monies owed.
Besides, who says you cannot sell the car and pay off imediately or purchase the car of your choice. I see a whole lot of possibilities here and i say those dudes are lucky.

I hear that staff leaving the bank are usually given two steps above the normal level at other banks cos of the training received and the amount of work done in a very professional atmopsphere.
I'l take the chance if i were given and join the train.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by SOJ(m): 9:09am On Aug 07, 2008
lawless:

My people, this whole thing with Access Bank is not a joke at all. I however think we are not looking at the flip side of it.
Yes, the bank makes it difficult for ETs to leave them before the expiration of two years and the cars are compulsory, but If I were the MD of the coy, I would probably do the same. Imagine spending a whole lot to train your staff for upwards of 4 months only to have them snatched up by other banks. The way I see it, there is some form of job security here because before the bank thinks of laying off any staff, they will ask themselves how the staff is going to pay off all monies owed.
Besides, who says you cannot sell the car and pay off imediately or purchase the car of your choice. I see a whole lot of possibilities here and i say those dudes are lucky.

I hear that staff leaving the bank are usually given two steps above the normal level at other banks because of the training received and the amount of work done in a very professional atmopsphere.
I'l take the chance if i were given and join the train.

Peace

U might be lawless but u made a valid point here,men!

I second u wella!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by Seun(m): 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2008
How much do the cars cost per month? What if the executive already has a car of his own?
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by femzy(m): 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2008
Lawless your name says it all,

How can you impose that on your staff.Give me anywhere in the world you have seen that or even something like that.

Haba this country i tire ooo
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by texazzpete(m): 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2008
lawless:

Yes, the bank makes it difficult for ETs to leave them before the expiration of two years and the cars are compulsory, but If I were the MD of the coy, I would probably do the same. Imagine spending a whole lot to train your staff for upwards of 4 months only to have them snatched up by other banks. The way I see it, there is some form of job security here because before the bank thinks of laying off any staff, they will ask themselves how the staff is going to pay off all monies owed.

Thinking like this is what makes Nigeria go backwards. You retain your staff by ensuring that conditions of service are good, befitting and conducive. No one signs contracts like these in the Oil and Gas industry, and as far as i know in the Telecoms industry. This happens only in companies that are hell bent on milking their staff for any value.
While you're at it, why don't you also prevent your female staff from getting pregnant for 3 years. afterall, isn't your goal to force the staff to work the amount you spent training them?

No one is supposed to make a choice for you as to which vehicle you buy. Your answers are simplistic at best. if it was that easy to sell Ford Focus vehicles, why is coscharis embarking on this venture? What's the guarantee that you'll find a buyer at the agreeable market price? it's far more likely that the market will be flooded with staff hoping to sell, driving down the asking price further.
Also since this is a payment-over-time deal, it's actually possible they'll get this for marginally above the market value.

Truth is, we constantly lambast our leaders for being mean, but even amongst us, we can clearly see that there are many who are no better.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by fasfem: 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2008
banks are just useless pack of organizatn
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by micklplus(m): 7:23pm On Aug 07, 2008
fasfem:

banks are just useless pack of organizatn

Hello, generalisation isnt too good here !
My bank is not into this type of "own a car by force" policy and i know lot of other banks are not into it too so, whatya saying?
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by Sholeyb: 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2008
Only in nigeria. I want to believe this is untrue. How can any employer force you to buy a car whether you need it or not, it is unlawful, unprofessional, unacceptable and morally corrupt.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by Arnold1(m): 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2008
We need one of these Senior Advocates (SAN's) to sue Access Bank on behalf of its employees
pro bono.

Better yet, the labor ministry should intervene by setting the bank straight because this act is totally illegal.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by Finecat(m): 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2008
Sholeyb:

Only in nigeria. I want to believe this is untrue. How can any employer force you to buy a car whether you need it or not, it is unlawful, unprofessional, unacceptable and morally corrupt.

MY HEART BLEEDS FOR NIGERIA. Can you imagine this sort of crap ?? Like there is no govt. or law in place to check thses kind of excesses. Most of these banks ae not even financially healthy enough to be doing thses sort of bull. I feel sorry for most bank workers.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by ndumart: 10:49pm On Aug 07, 2008
force me to take a car? no wahala na. by d time i kill 3 managers and 2 directors of thebank with that car, i will be begged (not forced) to sell the car. arrant nonsense
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by damola1: 11:21pm On Aug 07, 2008
I see myself living over 100yrs in Nigeria,  I don't have to go to Japan again,

Cos, commedy no go finish!!!! grin grin

Force una buy car,  is ok,  good business for me in the future.

I thought all of una wey dey there go school, why una no do aluta rather than just complain, 

You see, I talk am,  the problem of Nigeria is serious, once the foundation is bad, poor education, teachers had to go on 1 month hunger just to get a chicken pay raise! WTF is wrong with Nigerians,  not our leaders now, but us!!!,  In the last 4yrs, Unilag no get Student Union, foolish ex-VC, ibidapo, canceled Student Union, student voice, so that he can enrich his pocket!!!, what sort of graduates do we have at the end of the day, chickens!!!,  same thing with all the private skools and most skools now,  students don't have rights again,  ,  So, we have a pack of chickens running every aspect of our country, because they can't stand up to little things!!!

All of una wey be bankers are a disgrace to your kids, and this country, if in your own place of work you cannot stand up to this rubbish!!!

I am sure tomm. they'll ask you buy air plane by force, over a period of 40yrs,  so that your kids and wives can enjoy a life of debt

Oh,  you are afraid, they will sack you!!!,  chicken!!! grin grin
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 07, 2008
damola1:

what sort of graduates do we have at the end of the day, chickens!!!,  same thing with all the private skools and most skools now,  students don't have rights again, 

sadly u are right , cuz i was in babcock, and i never really felt the impact of a student uunion though we had one, sometimes i usually believe that the protest, were all staged up,
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by lawyer(m): 12:36am On Aug 08, 2008
The staff or a selected bunch of staffs can sue in a class action against the bank for violating Trade union rules and your rights under the constitution. For deducting money illegally, you can sue them for fraudulent misrepresentation, duress and undue influence. Also for violating the terms of the employment contract because i doubt if any employment contract, forces you to take properties that you dont want especially if it is a burden.

The constitution gives you a right to choose and a contract that gives you little bargaining power can be overturned by an competent court. The ball is in your court Acces Bank staffs. Fight against the illegal deduction.

It ahs been said "EVIL PERSISTS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO TALK! ALL IT TAKES IS ONLY ONE GOOD MAN TO CRUMBLE AN EVIL EMPIRE"
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by emmydee(m): 9:47am On Aug 08, 2008
it's this really true?
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by otokx(m): 10:54am On Aug 08, 2008
ta ni ye
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by MrCrackles(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2008
Banks and their wahala sef!

theft of customer money, "by force" loans, "by force" cars, female staff harrassment, unfair sackings and THE LIST GOES ON AND ON!
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by lidbb2(m): 11:53am On Aug 08, 2008
na wah for all una access bankers.
una oga say make una buy car wey una no want by force.una no do anything.u come dey talk about am for forum.
na so fear grip una reach?
e be like una no be graduates at all.
you are more of muppets.u can not say no to something because you are afraid.
e dey for una employment contract wey u sigh say una go buy car wey dem choose for una??
u better wake up and stand for your rights because this is just the begining.
as damola don talk,they will soon ask you people to buy an aeroplane by force.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by xpensiv: 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2008
heard this yesterday thut it was a joke, undecided, but now they got to have a union tht can fite for them or they shud form the union this is just too, !!!! angry
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by cold(m): 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2008
Well i rilly wldn't blame for remaining docile.Jobs are not that easy to come by,wen u're lucky to get one u want to hold on to it tenaciously.Wasn't it on the same forum we were told how a female manager in Zenith bank made her subordinates to kneel down because they did not mit their targets?Wonders shall neva end.Why don't they have at least two of my type in these banks,walahi talahi them go hear am.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by khufu: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2008
was anybody forced to take up a job with access bank? let those who cannot afford the cars resign. chikena. they should even be grateful. so many are on the streets looking for a job without a car incentive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chinese Firm Incarcerates 30 Nigerian Staff In Its Premises For Three Days / President Buhari Reappoints Ugbo As NDPHC MD / My Terrible Boss And Work Experience. Boss using charm(share Yours)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.