Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,651 members, 7,882,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars (17622 Views)

MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT LOOMS MTN NIGERIA: 4,500 STAFF TO LOSE THEIR JOBS!!! / How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by timmfikk(m): 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2008
Bankers Association are the one who need to come in to the aid of the people i think, Then Govt also need to do something, i hope the minister of Finance is still Alive becoz in such a time like this you wont know if we even have one until issue dun turn to another gobe lipsrsealed
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by smooooooth: 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2008
i think they are doing the right thing, holding their fresh staffs for two years b4 they can go, any responsible fresher shld give the organisation 2yrs at least b4 thinking of leaving, and that includes not getting married in those two yrs,

and the car thing, its okay, its part of coporate branding, the only wrong i see in it, is that they are all forced to get a particular kinda car.(if na true) but other organisations have done that in the past.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by Sholeyb: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2008
I am sooooo shocked that some people are saying that these people should be happy they have a job, or that the bank is doing the right thing. It is a real shame that the mentality of some Nigerians is warped. Goodness gracious me.

Why should you tie someone down to a job for 2 years, they may sign a contract which I am not saying is wrong. But if they wish to leave, let them go but there should be a reasonable penalty for breaching the contract e.g the amount spent on training is paid back or their last months salary is held back, but not tying them to the job with no way out, Are they in a cult?

This is a basic and fundamental human right as enshrined in the convention of human rights FREEDOM TO LIBERTY(Liberty is generally considered a concept of political philosophy and identifies the condition in which an individual has the ability to act according to his or her own will.)

Very soon other demands or shall I say Commands will be made on these staff members and beware other banks may soon follow if access bank gets away with it.

You see this is where we Nigerians tire me. It does not take a lot to alter the minds of the management.
1. Let everyone who banks with Access bank, tell them that they would withdraw their money and bank with another bank, if they don’t stop this stupid and unreasonable demand
2. Staff members should refuse plain blank or go on strike
3. Shareholders should tell them that if this madness does not stop, they will sell their shares and oust the director or someone in mgt.
3. Let some members of staff sacrifice themselves and let others support them (financially, emotionally etc) while they fight the legal battle on behalf of everyone.
4. Let everybody downs tools, believe me it is not easy to find staff immediately and their biz will suffer as well.
5. Tell the story to the media (BBC or CNN Nigeria will be interested in this type of story) let the whole world know how some greedy buffoons behave, they are no better than Mugabe.

What about DEBT, they want to put people into debt. This is causing a lot of problem in the western world now. This attitude of ‘BUY NOW AND PAY LATER’ has forced people to become bankrupt, commit suicide, lose their homes, biz and families because of debt.

How can an employer UNLAWFULLY DEDUCT your wages, it is an offence. If this is true, this really offends my senses as a human being, this is why I find it hard to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria, because I may eventually get killed or jailed. Access bank is a real tyrant. I hope the management team visit Nairaland and read what people have to say about their tyrannical and unalwful activities.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by fil: 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hi people,

If you have what it takes, then quit the banking job!Check out this interesting site for a job in the I.T world!

http://www.parkwayprojects.com/parkwaysite/ContactUs/Careers/tabid/83/Default.aspx
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by eudio(f): 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2008
HI,

THIS IS REALLY UNFAIR.

HOW ON EARTH WOULD THEY FORCE THE STAFF TO BUY CARS?

IS THIS NOT MADNESS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER?

TO START WITH, THE CAR NA SERIOUS LIABILITY NO BI ASSET

I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR THOSE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS RUBBISH.

MAY GOD HELEP U NA OH
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by rasputinn(m): 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin
What will they think of next
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by lexicon(m): 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2008
Na wah ooooo. But letz ask the staffs there what  there opinion is on this issue. u wont be surprise that some of them will be happy about this slavery ideal, 'cos they wont to be a car owner, anyway, best of luck to them as dey fight against the slavery
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by uchetobi(f): 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2008
its a good initiative but it shouldnt be compulsory
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by inf0rmer: 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2008
Some gracious Access Bank employee should send of details of this scam so we can reveal the story to the general public, perhaps some executive in Access Bank has a commission based deal with the car dealer, I doubt this was a part of the contract employees signed when they opted to work for the company, is this slavery or something else?
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by emiemi(f): 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2008
BAck to modernised enslavement. You can only hear of such thing in nAIjA With the unemployment rate in the country, you dare not leave the job (a bird in hand) pity shocked shocked cry
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by Mustay(m): 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2008
So u treat me like a modern slave

Mr. Jailer Access grin
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2008
The truth about life is when you are working for someone or an organisation no matter what you get to receive as treatment should be taken with good faith because na as them like them they do their business.
See the best way out in life is so startup something on your own without the fear of suceeding in whatever you wanna do, just be very hard working, prayerful,sincere and focused that way the sky is just the starting point.
you guys havent started seeing anything yet shebi na car them say make una come buy all of una dey shout on nairaland, by next year they will force you guys to come and buy house at mowe / ofada that time una go hear wehn!

YOU GUYS ARE SMART INDIVIDUALS START OF YOUR OWN STUFF AND BE YOUR OWN BOSS.that way no one can toss you around.
If na me sha i go collect the car, this kin offer no dey come everytime lol!
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by slyk2(m): 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2008
if the executives no like am make dem resign.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by lawless: 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2008
Khufu, my man. Abeg tell them.

I wonder why people always want to have their cake and eat it at the same time. Dont they know that everything in life comes at a price? An employer thinks its best you move up in life and some shout ALUTA. I wonder if that guy knows what it is to get a job in Nigeria. The price of a brand new car is one I'l be ready to pay any day.

1 luv
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by vaadol: 8:25am On Aug 13, 2008
People, i guess we should be more enterprenural in orientation rather than defensive employee mindset. Guess an aggrieved Executive Trainees in Access Bank posted this topic. Yes Entry level recruitment comes with a car in Access Bank and the policy was just implemented. From a reliable source, Based on corporate branding the bank tried syncronizing the type of cars to be given ET's-BO. Some coy's were approached and its only Ford Focus dt d deal has gone through , negotiation is still on-going with other coy's. I heard at least 2-3 options will be available. The person did not tell you its interest free compare to a car loan with interest and its under a comprehensive insurance cover of the bank though the employee will pay a meagre amount for life-span insurance.

I guess the error in the whole car scheme is that it was announced earlier before it was finalized. Really policy cannot be optional cos when salary was reviewed it was not optional and non of the ET's complain of monthly salary of over 150k. The car scheme is to help ET feel more like a professional and not a slave.

I researched this information after reading this topic.

People, when we are discussing let us deal with issues like an enterpreneur and not an employee. I use to work with the organization and i gain alot from them. Those that says we are over working and left to another organization are still employee earning salary till date. Now that i own my business, the aggression and work culture from the organization is of immense value till date. I'm young and doing well cos of the value of going beyond the ordinary i imbibed from the organization. Guess they are doing very well in the market till date too.

My advise for intending enterpreneurs-business world is not a charity organization but profit making venture. Therefore let us learn from every encounter we had while working for an organization because what differentiate success and failure is the confidence to out-perform your competitors. Work in an organization that will give you such and learn as much as you can.

My opinion- Access is a good place to start but if you do not like their rules don't dare to go there. Banking in Nigeria is getting more aggressive so don't join banking cos of the salary cos you'll forever complain about worklife.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by tyor: 7:33am On Aug 14, 2008
fellow country people, its so clear what these cases of corporate slavery, insurbodination, etc is tryn to tell us,

we are always complaining of those guys cheating us, paying us paltry sum, etc,

if u do a constructive research, u'll kno dat MD's like TONY (uba), TAYO (GTB), FRANCIS(PHB),
AIG (ACCESS), etc. were all bankers and they started from d scratch b4 something made them go start something. even politicians like obanikoro was also a banker b4 this something made them go outside the box.

y una no go start something abi u wan made them sack u b4 u know dat u guys can collabo and set up a micro finance institution or better still PFA.

stay there and look until u see am

forcin u to take a car is one of the Xtics of a free market system
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by Outstrip(f): 3:10am On Aug 17, 2008
Is this not against thelaw? I was going to say why are they whining about a car being given to them but then they are forcing you to buy it not. What nonsense? Has anybody tried to fight it. If I was a lawyer in NIgeria I would be filthy rich. Maybe the useless culture of class action lawsuits needs to be embraced in NIgeria. God knows there are enough stupid people in hight places that will put their necks on the line for that kind of stuff
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by chyk91(m): 12:16am On Jan 02, 2009
hmmmmm, force staff to take cars, na wa ohhhhhhhh.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by Isiokpukpo: 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2009
NLS
I PERSONALY FEEL ONE SHOULD NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS .
WE'VE GOT CHOICES (OTHER 24 BANKS)
WHY THE FUSS ABOUT ACCESS BANK,IF U FEEL MALTREATED,U BETTER TAKE A WORK.
JOBS ARE HARD TO GET BUY THESE DAYS AND SOME ARE COMPLAINING OVER STARTING WORK WITH A TEAR RUBBER.
IN EVERYTHING LET US LEARN TO GIVE THANKS TO GOD. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by Meldrick(m): 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2009
Unfortunately, he who plays the piper dictates the tune. The omly option for any banker is to resign if not comfortable with the policy. But for where una gree resign, if this condition was given b4 u started work, you will take the offer but now it is slavery. The policy of women not getting pregnant is not new but they still remain
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by tainot2002(m): 3:42am On Jan 06, 2009
Hmmm,resign provided if u hv better alternatives line up for u o
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by onmakpo: 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2009
was anybody forced to take up a job with access bank? let those who cannot afford the cars resign. chikena. they should even be grateful. so many are on the streets looking for a job without a car incentive.  shocked sad shocked

haba khufu sad sad shocked shocked   u sound as if u are a desperate jod seeker.that u are looking for a job or u are working 2 be paid does not make u a slave 2 your paymaster.afterall a working agreement was signed and an 'unmarketable' car being forced on u is not  part of the bagain.definitely not.
               what is bad should not be encouraged as it may set a bad precedent.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by gbainde: 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2009
Access bank made it compulsory for entry starters to ger new cars but that has changed. You can have the car or not. Someone has a vision to start a bank and he offers you terms of working condition. All you need is take it or leave it, 174k per month with 48k deducted for car loan is still fair in the nigerian Banking system salary structure, its part of corporate branding and its now never compulsory, you are just obliged to have one and live a good life. let it be that Access bank staff are classy and the brand is as ever appealing. most arm chair critics will accept in quick rush if they had 125k salary and a brand new car. So live your life based on your happiness and its convictions from your minute by minute decisions.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by larkson(m): 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2009
It's indeed commendable,cos most bankers expecially new entrants spend so much on kits and effizzy on the island.Therefore,it's a good way to acquire property.Anyways Accessbank should improve on the quality of cars given cos most are made from subsidary company of the parent owners,expecially the Honda city.This is to enhance durability.
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by FBS: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2009
2 sides of a coin. Those for and against have points. But is this really a bad idea?
Re: Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars by Samo16: 2:50am On Sep 02, 2016
GOOD ONE BRO.quote author=vaadol post=2649383]People, i guess we should be more enterprenural in orientation rather than defensive employee mindset. Guess an aggrieved Executive Trainees in Access Bank posted this topic. Yes Entry level recruitment comes with a car in Access Bank and the policy was just implemented. From a reliable source, Based on corporate branding the bank tried syncronizing the type of cars to be given ET's-BO. Some coy's were approached and its only Ford Focus dt d deal has gone through , negotiation is still on-going with other coy's. I heard at least 2-3 options will be available. The person did not tell you its interest free compare to a car loan with interest and its under a comprehensive insurance cover of the bank though the employee will pay a meagre amount for life-span insurance.

I guess the error in the whole car scheme is that it was announced earlier before it was finalized. Really policy cannot be optional cos when salary was reviewed it was not optional and non of the ET's complain of monthly salary of over 150k. The car scheme is to help ET feel more like a professional and not a slave.

I researched this information after reading this topic.

People, when we are discussing let us deal with issues like an enterpreneur and not an employee. I use to work with the organization and i gain alot from them. Those that says we are over working and left to another organization are still employee earning salary till date. Now that i own my business, the aggression and work culture from the organization is of immense value till date. I'm young and doing well cos of the value of going beyond the ordinary i imbibed from the organization. Guess they are doing very well in the market till date too.

My advise for intending enterpreneurs-business world is not a charity organization but profit making venture. Therefore let us learn from every encounter we had while working for an organization because what differentiate success and failure is the confidence to out-perform your competitors. Work in an organization that will give you such and learn as much as you can.

My opinion- Access is a good place to start but if you do not like their rules don't dare to go there. Banking in Nigeria is getting more aggressive so don't join banking cos of the salary cos you'll forever complain about worklife.

[/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Reappoints Ugbo As NDPHC MD / My Terrible Boss And Work Experience. Boss using charm(share Yours) / Lagos (Okada) Motorcycle Operators To Wear Uniforms, Get Tuesday Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.