Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,538 members, 7,885,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:30 AM

Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? (1022 Views)

Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - / When Is The Right Time To Get Married? / When Is The Right Time To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? by Doctorjay(m): 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hey folks,want your opinion on this. When do you think its right to start a relationship? Am 18 at d moment and should be in 300 level(bt am yet to write my 200level final exams because of ASUU strike). I have feelings for someone but i don't know if she feels same. I haven't told her coz i feel i should be at least 20 before i enter into a relationship. Let me know what you think.
Re: Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? by izzbaby22(f): 4:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
18 is ok 2 go into a relationship it all depends on wat u want 4rm it, av ur standards and principles and be prayerful

1 Like

Re: Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? by EfemenaXY: 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
Doctor jay: Hey folks,want your opinion on this. When do you think its right to start a relationship? Am 18 at d moment and should be in 300 level(bt am yet to write my 200level final exams because of ASUU strike). I have feelings for someone but i don't know if she feels same. I haven't told her coz i feel i should be at least 20 before i enter into a relationship. Let me know what you think.

Personal choice.

Just make sure whatever you decide, your studies don't suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? by Doctorjay(m): 11:52am On Dec 06, 2013
@efemena and izzbaby, thanks.
Re: Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? by Kanwulia: 4:01am On Dec 07, 2013
When you are emotionally and financially ready for such an adventure. kiss
You must be 18 to start a sexual relationship! kiss
Re: Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? by greatgod2012(f): 5:11am On Dec 07, 2013
Maturity is not only based on age.
Once a person is physically, emotionally, intellectually, psychlogically and physiologically matured to handle all the ups and downs involved in romantic relationships, then, one is good to go, therefore, it's a personal evaluation and decision.

However, if you are my little brother or a son, i would have advised that, since you're still 18, and just in 200level, you still have a lot of time ahead of you, therefore, i would have advised that you wait a little more, so that the relatinship won't be a source of distraction to your education. If you and that lady in question are meant to be together, nature has a way of making you two meet again when you both will be ready for it in every aspect.
My opinion, anyway.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? by Doctorjay(m): 8:18am On Dec 07, 2013
greatgod2012: Maturity is not only based on age.
Once a person is physically, emotionally, intellectually, psychlogically and physiologically matured to handle all the ups and downs involved in romantic relationships, then, one is good to go, therefore, it's a personal evaluation and decision.

However, if you are my little brother or a son, i would have advised that, since you're still 18, and just in 200level, you still have a lot of time ahead of you, therefore, I WOULD HAVE ADVISED THAT YOU WAIT A LITTLE MORE, so that the relatinship won't be a source of distraction to your education. If you and that lady in question are meant to be together, nature has a way of making you two meet again when you both will be ready for it in every aspect.
My opinion, anyway.
May God help us all.
Thanks for the advice. Also,she just got admission to study where am studying.The thing is,we know how uni can be. When she comes to visit my house and we take little walks(strolls), everybody starts to stare at her(she's beautiful). As a guy,i get scared that in the uni,where there are lots of other guys, things might not go well between me and her. Sometimes i feel if i don't act now it might be too late. However, am gonna wait till am 21.
Re: Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? by trojanjeremy: 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
My father actually challenged me before to follow my heart and ask her out. I was only 19. I was astonished that it was coming from my dad. Follow your heart Bro.
Re: Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? by Doctorjay(m): 10:53am On Dec 09, 2013
trojanjeremy: My father actually challenged me before to follow my heart and ask her out. I was only 19. I was astonished that it was coming from my dad. Follow your heart Bro.
(surprised). As at 19,you could discuss such a thing with your dad? Well,depends on your relationship with him. How old r u now? Did u ask her out? If yes,are you still with her?
Re: Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 09, 2013
Doctor jay: Thanks for the advice. Also,she just got admission to study where am studying.The thing is,we know how uni can be. When she comes to visit my house and we take little walks(strolls), everybody starts to stare at her(she's beautiful). As a guy,i get scared that in the uni,where there are lots of other guys, things might not go well between me and her. Sometimes i feel if i don't act now it might be too late. However, am gonna wait till am 21.

Lol....you lost her the moment you decided to wait till you're 21!
It's not like asking her now means you'll be together forever but I can bet my Nokia charger on it that in the next 3 years, she's faaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr gone!
Re: Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? by Doctorjay(m): 4:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
alutacontinua:

Lol....you lost her the moment you decided to wait till you're 21!
It's not like asking her now means you'll be together forever but I can bet my Nokia charger on it that in the next 3 years, she's faaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr gone!
thanks for the post. Why do you think i'll lose her if i wait that long? Since you bet your nokia charger,maybe your prediction is wrong(i hope it is actually wrong)

1 Like

Re: Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? by Julyia: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
Considering age factor,i think at the age of 18 one can enter into a relationship depending on the type of relationship and the person's ability to handle issues that may arise,but considering other factors like finance,education career pursuit,behavior,personal skills, standard etc,an 18 year old person may not have such, which are mostly the bedrock of relationship,so its advisable to wait and not be intimate with her yet,as other factors shows you are not ready for an intimate relationship.Besides ,its for your own good,so you wont loose focus or be distracted in your studies.Also its possible that what you are feeling for her may be infatuation.You will need time and advise to be able to know if what you really feel for her is true love.my advise is you wait.
Re: Starting A Relationship. When Is The Right Time? by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 11, 2013
You can start off a relatiomship when you are mature enough to handle it. It takes a lot you know, you have to be unselfish, mature responsible and you should also be mature to handle heart ache if it doesn't work out.

(1) (Reply)

She Doesnt Care! / If You're Doing This You're Not Ready For Marriage / 15 Things Every Man Should Know By The Age Of 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.