Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,752 members, 7,908,906 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 01:55 PM

Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! (12743 Views)

Imagine :A World Without Christianity -Will the world be better off, please vote / Here's How Christianity Will End / Why Christianity Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by texanomaly(f): 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

How did I describe muslims? Please clarify your comment or take it back.

How did I describe them wrongly?

You know what? I have this thread mixed up with another I think? I apologize to you. There is a thread that says Muslims treat their woman badly. I am always apologizing to you LB. Smh. Sorry again.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 07, 2013
texanomaly:

You know what? I have this thread mixed up with another I think? I apologize to you. There is a thread that says Muslims treat their woman badly. I am always apologizing to you LB. Smh. Sorry again.

No worries
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by beejaay: 7:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Who are the true followers?

Why are they hard to find?
as hard as it is to believe, the true follower of dis religion are agnoist,atheist,pantheist and people lyk u(d core msg of all religions is love, humility and compassion bts dis 3 tins av been layered wit thousands of illusionary practice and doctrines dt are anti freedom). Ppl lyk u av succeed in removin layers upon layers of illusions dis religions av indocrinated,people lyk u are d ones living d standards of d core messages of dis religions( core msg lyk tolerance,equality,love,acceptance,humility, no judging, compassion,taking responsibilities, righteousness,unity) and d religious people focus on superficial messages (msgs lyk using veil, prayin salat,going to church,paying tithe,going to mecca,shariah law,marriage,heaven,hell,my religion is beta than ur own,no compulsion in religion yet u wil go to hell if u dnt beliv,over venerating of personalities,keeping beard,wearing trouser or skirt, hair style or cut,no freedom. Add ur own pls)
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by POPEII: 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
Mr atheist, stop this madness, stop your comparisons we don't want it pick your side or remain in your atheism. Christianity doesn't need the approval f an atheist. You guys should stop creating beefsbetween Christians and muslims .
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by beejaay: 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Who are the true followers?

Why are they hard to find?
as hard as it is to believe, the true follower of dis religion are agnoist,atheist,pantheist and people lyk u(d core msg of all religions is love, humility and compassion bts dis 3 tins av been layered wit thousands of illusionary practice and doctrines dt are anti freedom). Ppl lyk u av succeed in removin layers upon layers of illusions dis religions av indocrinated,people lyk u are d ones living d standards of d core messages of dis religions( core msg lyk tolerance,equality,love,acceptance,humility, no judging, compassion,taking responsibilities, righteousness,unity) and d religious people focus on superficial messages (msgs lyk using veil, prayin salat,going to church,paying tithe,going to mecca,shariah law,marriage,heaven,hell,my religion is beta than ur own,no compulsion in religion yet u wil go to hell if u dnt beliv,over venerating of personalities,keeping beard,wearing trouser or skirt, hair style or cut,no freedom. Add ur own pls)
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
POPE II: Mr atheist, stop this madness, stop your comparisons we don't want it pick your side or remain in your atheism. Christianity doesn't need the approval f an atheist. You guys should stop creating beefsbetween Christians and muslims .

See this one.....reread the op....I am not siding christianity.....if you even bothered to read the first point, you would notice how I covertly said that christians cherrypick and ignore the unsavory parts of the bible to fit in with modern standards

This thread is based on facts. One is better than the other....religions just like any other set of things can and will be compared....take your butthurt somewhere else
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
beejaay: as hard as it is to believe, the true follower of dis religion are agnoist,atheist,pantheist and people lyk u(d core msg of all religions is love, humility and compassion bts dis 3 tins av been layered wit thousands of illusionary practice and doctrines dt are anti freedom). Ppl lyk u av succeed in removin layers upon layers of illusions dis religions av indocrinated,people lyk u are d ones living d standards of d core messages of dis religions( core msg lyk tolerance,equality,love,acceptance,humility, no judging, compassion,taking responsibilities, righteousness,unity) and d religious people focus on superficial messages (msgs lyk using veil, prayin salat,going to church,paying tithe,going to mecca,shariah law,marriage,heaven,hell,my religion is beta than ur own,no compulsion in religion yet u wil go to hell if u dnt beliv,over venerating of personalities,keeping beard,wearing trouser or skirt, hair style or cut,no freedom. Add ur own pls)

That's deep bro.....

I heard that you are an agnostic?
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
POPE II: Mr atheist, stop this madness, stop your comparisons we don't want it pick your side or remain in your atheism. Christianity doesn't need the approval f an atheist. You guys should stop creating beefsbetween Christians and muslims .

Shut up. Its his opinion and he has every right to voice it.

And who told you he wrote it for your approval or christianity's approval
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by POPEII: 7:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

See this one.....reread the op....I am not siding christianity.....if you even bothered to read the first point, you would notice how I covertly said that christians cherrypick and ignore the unsavory parts of the bible to fit in with modern standards

This thread is based on facts. One is better than the other....religions just like any other set of things can and will be compared....take your butthurt somewhere else

Why do you care ? Why is an atheist talking about religions? Making comparisons? What's the aim of this thread? Esp knowing that you are an atheist? Trying to tell Christians they are Better than muslims ? Stay away from religion, respect your own decision or is atheism that boring?
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by POPEII: 7:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
rationalmind:

Shut up. Its his opinion and he has every right to voice it.

And who told you he wrote it for your approval or christianity's approval
I'm marvelled by your intelligence
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
POPE II:

Why do you care ? Why is an atheist talking about religions? Making comparisons? What's the aim of this thread? Esp knowing that you are an atheist? Trying to tell Christians they are Better than muslims ? Stay away from religion, respect your own decision or is atheism that boring?

Should being an atheist stop me from talking about religion?

Apparently, Jesus didnt teach you about freedom of speeach

....and no, that is not mockery- Jesus did actually forget to preach about freedom of speech....next time he wouldnt spend much time doing magic tricks like multiplying bread....lol

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by texanomaly(f): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
beejaay: as hard as it is to believe, the true follower of dis religion are agnoist,atheist,pantheist and people lyk u(d core msg of all religions is love, humility and compassion bts dis 3 tins av been layered wit thousands of illusionary practice and doctrines dt are anti freedom). Ppl lyk u av succeed in removin layers upon layers of illusions dis religions av indocrinated,people lyk u are d ones living d standards of d core messages of dis religions( core msg lyk tolerance,equality,love,acceptance,humility, no judging, compassion,taking responsibilities, righteousness,unity) and d religious people focus on superficial messages (msgs lyk using veil, prayin salat,going to church,paying tithe,going to mecca,shariah law,marriage,heaven,hell,my religion is beta than ur own,no compulsion in religion yet u wil go to hell if u dnt beliv,over venerating of personalities,keeping beard,wearing trouser or skirt, hair style or cut,no freedom. Add ur own pls)

The bolded is right on...

There are manny things in religion that are good. Unfortunately, there are also many people who choose to abuse their power, and take advantage of the faith and trust others posses. It is sad, but it does not warrant the condemnation of all religion, only those who use it for unrighteous purposes.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by vickyO(f): 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
POPE II:

Pope II, this is a faceless forum don't take it too serious.
People have been complaining that the religion section is getting boring.
And you don't know if through this medium, Logic boy will lead some Muslims to Christ.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
vickyO:

Pope II, this is a faceless forum don't take it too serious.
People have been complaining that the religion section is getting boring.
And you don't know if through this medium, Logic boy will lead some Muslims to Christ.

then from christ to the spaghetti monster!!

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by beejaay: 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
texanomaly:

There are manny things in religion that are good. Unfortunately, there are also many people who choose to abuse their power, and take advantage of the faith and trust others posses. It is sad, but it does not warrant the condemnation of all religion, only those who use it for unrighteous purposes.
my dear who am i to condemn anyone when i dont even have d power to condemn myself.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by beejaay: 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2013
texanomaly:

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by vickyO(f): 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

then from christ to the spaghetti monster!!
Those who truly encounter Christ won't be moved.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2013
vickyO:
Those who truly encounter Christ won't be moved.

grin grin. No true scotman fallacy

2 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by texanomaly(f): 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
beejaay: my dear who am i to condemn anyone when i dont even have d power to condemn myself.

smiley
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by beejaay: 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

That's deep bro.....

I heard that you are an agnostic?
am just an OBSERVER bros(i dont take any sides), i dont belong to any group, i just sit and observe everything
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by texanomaly(f): 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
beejaay: am just an OBSERVER bros(i dont take any sides), i dont belong to any group, i just sit and observe everything
I like your profile pic. Nice. I have always liked that quote.

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by harbiola1(m): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
beejaay: so its ok to take revenge on those that rob u by robbing them back?i thought its said dt d best form of revenge is forgiveness? I though its known dt 2 wrongs can neve make a right? Going by ur logic are u saying we can follow prophet footstep by taking revenge cos its clear dt d raid wasnt self defence but a clear case of revenge.i just wanna know why u wil openly support taking revenge.i wil lyk to hear beta xplanation than this one u gave

I'd have respond to this earlier bt i didn't notice the thread.
Of course, everybody is entitle to his/her opinions.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_badr

There had been several attacks and counter-attacks between Meccans and Medinans b4 the raid. The meccans were threatening the people of Medina to send Muslims out of the city back to Mecca.

You can check the link ^^^ may be it'll explain better.

In Islam, you don't turn the other cheek to the oppressor, If you can't run, you should face the tyrants.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by vickyO(f): 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
*now following quietly*
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2013
harbiola1:

I'd have respond to this earlier bt i didn't notice the thread.
Of course, everybody is entitle to his/her opinions.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_badr

There had been several attacks and counter-attacks between Meccans and Medinans b4 the raid. The meccans were threatening the people of Medina to send Muslims out of the city back to Mecca.

You can check the link ^^^ may be it'll explain better.

In Islam, you don't turn the other cheek to the oppressor, If you can't run, you should face the tyrants.

Nothing justifies a raid brother. No matter how you try to spin it. A raid is a raid.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
rationalmind:

Nothing justifies a raid brother.

Really?
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

Really?

Lol, in mohammeds case to be specific.

I'm aware of the implications of the statement. I was referring to mohammed.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, in mohammeds case to be specific.

I'm aware of the implications of the statement. I was referring to mohammed.

If the story is true, then Mohammed had a case. And considering the United Nations hadn't been established then, what other methods do you think he should have used?
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

If the story is true, then Mohammed had a case. And considering the United Nations hadn't been established then, what other methods do you think he should have used?

No, mohammed had no case. Here is from the link the guy provided.

In late 623 and early 624, the Muslim ghazawāt
grew increasingly brazen and commonplace. In
September 623, Muhammad himself led a force of
200 in an unsuccessful raid against a large caravan.

Shortly thereafter, the Meccans launched their own
"raid" against Medina, although its purpose was
just to steal some livestock which belonged to the
Muslims.[9] In January 624, the Muslims ambushed
a Meccan caravan near Nakhlah, only forty
kilometers outside of Mecca, killing one of the
guards and formally inaugurating a blood feud with
the Meccans.[10] Worse, from a Meccan
standpoint, the raid occurred in the month of Rajab,
a truce month sacred to the Meccans in which
fighting was prohibited and a clear affront to their
pagan traditions.[8]

You'll notice mohammed launched the first raid. What sort of prophet launches raids if not a despicable one.

The muslim guy wants us to believe mohammed launched a retaliatory raid when the link he supplied clearly showed mohammed launched the first raid.

Like I said initially, muslims are always wanting to play the victim. You can't trust anything they say.

2 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by harbiola1(m): 8:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
rationalmind:

Nothing justifies a raid brother. No matter how you try to spin it. A raid is a raid.
You're entitle to ur opin, and i don't hope u think i posted that for you?
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
harbiola1:
You're entitle to ur opin, and i don't hope u think i posted that for you?

How is that necessary? When you replied my message to onegig, were you thinking it was posted for you?
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by harbiola1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
rationalmind:

No, mohammed had no case. Here is from the link the guy provided.

You'll notice mohammed launched the first raid. What sort of prophet launches raids if not a despicable one.

The muslim guy wants us to believe mohammed launched a retaliatory raid when the link he supplied clearly showed mohammed launched the first raid.

Like I said initially, muslims are always wanting to play the victim. You can't trust anything they say.

Like i said earlier, i'm nt doing anything here because of u.

And again u clear show how hypocritical u're. Is that the beginning of the line u posted from the link?
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
harbiola1:

Like i said earlier, i'm nt doing anything here because of u.

And again u clear show how hypocritical u're. Is that the beginning of the line u posted from the link?

That's the beginning of the explanation of the raids. Several of which eventually led to the battle of badr.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Question For Atheists / Coronavirus: Make Sanitary Materials Available At Worship Centres - CAN / Does Using Healing Crystals Fall Under Magic, Witchcraft And Sorcery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.