Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,261 members, 7,943,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 05:57 PM

Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! (12764 Views)

Imagine :A World Without Christianity -Will the world be better off, please vote / Here's How Christianity Will End / Why Christianity Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by harbiola1(m): 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
rationalmind:

How is that necessary? When you replied my message to onegig, were you thinking it was posted for you?

You should answer a fool so that he doesn't get full of himself.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2013
harbiola1:

You should answer a fool so that he doesn't get full of himself.

Lol, I must have given you a lot of butthurts. Truth hurts I know but it must be said.

When you are in the islamic section, you people can keep lying to eachother. But once you come here, don't attempt to lie cos u'll be exposed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by harbiola1(m): 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, I must have given you a lot of butthurts. Truth hurts I know but it must be said.

When you are in the islamic section, you people can keep lying to eachother. But once you come here, don't attempt to lie cos u'll be exposed.

You must be joking if you think ur hypocrisy will move me an inch.

And while i don't play my game in Islam section, can u tell some of those lies u've been told so far.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by POPEII: 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
@ Vicky we don't need an atheist to evangelize Muslims .
@ logicboy won't you find weird a thread made by a christian with the following title: why Islam is better than atheism?
Or by a muslim : why atheism is better than Christianity? There's no way one of them can even open such threads and you know why . I take it as deep inside you ,you still feel the fire of Christianity , you am I wrong?

If may ask what was your denomination? Catholic right?
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by beejaay: 9:30pm On Dec 07, 2013
texanomaly:
I like your profile pic. Nice. I have always liked that quote.
thank you ma. In unity we become whole
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by nnofaith: 9:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
rationalmind:

No, mohammed had no case. Here is from the link the guy provided.

You'll notice mohammed launched the first raid. What sort of prophet launches raids if not a despicable one.

The muslim guy wants us to believe mohammed launched a retaliatory raid when the link he supplied clearly showed mohammed launched the first raid.

Like I said initially, muslims are always wanting to play the victim. You can't trust anything they say.
despicable got me laughing so hard!

to think i was once a muslim!!
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
nnofaith: despicable got me laughing so hard!

grin grin you really tried o bro. Its more difficult for a muslim to leave islam than it is for a christian to leave christianity.

Funny how muslims claim he's the best example of mankind. A prophet who launches raids.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 07, 2013
rationalmind:

Nothing justifies a raid brother. No matter how you try to spin it. A raid is a raid.
usually led by a bandit
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
nnofaith: despicable got me laughing so hard!

u did not loss any thing when u left islam or u are in the closet
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
Mee234:
usually led by a bandit

grin a highway robber.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 3:54am On Dec 08, 2013
POPE II: @ Vicky we don't need an atheist to evangelize Muslims .
@ logicboy won't you find weird a thread made by a christian with the following title: why Islam is better than atheism?
Or by a muslim : why atheism is better than Christianity? There's no way one of them can even open such threads and you know why . I take it as deep inside you ,you still feel the fire of Christianity , you am I wrong?

If may ask what was your denomination? Catholic right?

Frying pan is better than the fire.....

Think about that
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by nnofaith: 8:43am On Dec 08, 2013
Mee234:
u did not loss any thing when u left islam or u are in the closet
I am in the closet kind. I will give many pple heart attack if i come out publicily atheist plus i will face a lot of discrimination too, so i am just your typical non-practising muslim.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by nnofaith: 8:49am On Dec 08, 2013
rationalmind:

grin grin you really tried o bro. Its more difficult for a muslim to leave islam than it is for a christian to leave christianity.

Funny how muslims claim he's the best example of mankind. A prophet who launches raids.
yeah islam totally dominates your life. Being an atheist now has opened my eyes to the whole BS called islam. xtianity appears better cos it has evolved with time, islam has been static.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by mahdino: 11:03am On Dec 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Think about that

http:///fuvBbHphLu
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by beejaay: 11:07am On Dec 08, 2013
nnofaith: yeah islam totally dominates your life. Being an atheist now has opened my eyes to the whole BS called islam. xtianity appears better cos it has evolved with time, islam has been static.
bros which state are u in? Loneliness i damn much here with this religious people around me for irreligious folk like me.by d way am in ilorin. Any atheist, agnoist,pagan in ilorin dt wanna hangout wit me
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 08, 2013
beejaay: bros which state are u in? Loneliness i damn much here with this religious people around me for irreligious folk like me.by d way am in ilorin. Any atheist, agnoist,pagan in ilorin dt wanna hangout wit me

Ilorin?

*goes to find the place on a map*
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by nnofaith: 11:18am On Dec 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ilorin?

Ilorin is a very cool city!
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by beejaay: 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ilorin?

:-O:-O
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by usermane(m): 12:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
No,no, no. OP i cannot agree with you. You went and studied sunni and shiite religion then you assumed you know Islam and next you come in here to start comparing. How unfair. If you want to learn about Islam, study the Qur'an yourself, that is the only source of the truth. Try being objective and stop taking Islam for Muslim section,scholars and clerics to be the interpreters of Islam. I believe as an atheist you should seek proof before accepting anything as part of Islam. God invites everyone including the doubters to study his scriptures rather than waiting for a priest to dictate or enlighten us.
Peace.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2013
usermane: No,no, no. OP i cannot agree with you. You went and studied sunni and shiite religion then you assumed you know Islam and next you come in here to start comparing. How unfair. If you want to learn about Islam, study the Qur'an yourself, that is the only source of the truth. Try being objective and stop taking Islam for Muslim section,scholars and clerics to be the interpreters of Islam. I believe as an atheist you should seek proof before accepting anything as part of Islam. God invites everyone including the doubters to study his scriptures rather than waiting for a priest to dictate or enlighten us.
Peace.

You must be a maza maza goat seller.

Did ounot notice that I quoted the Quran? My arguments are from the Quran

Riba/interest/usury- from the Quran http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riba#Qur.27an
The war verses- from the Quran

The rest is based on how sharia law is faulty...based on its theory and how it is practised

IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR YOU TO QUOTE A PART OF THE OP YOU DISAGREE WITH AND STATE WHY IT IS WRONG RATHER THAN MAKE EMPTY ACCUSATIONS.

W

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by usermane(m): 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

You must be a maza maza goat seller.

Did ounot notice that I quoted the Quran? My arguments are from the Quran

Riba/interest/usury- from the Quran http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riba#Qur.27an
The war verses- from the Quran

The rest is based on how sharia law is faulty...based on its theory and how it is practised

IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR YOU TO QUOTE A PART OF THE OP YOU DISAGREE WITH AND STATE WHY IT IS WRONG RATHER THAN MAKE EMPTY ACCUSATIONS.

W
Ok, pls don't give me any link to wikipedia. That is not a reliable soure of information. I will try attending and responding directly to the OP.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by usermane(m): 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2013
Can't quote the OP, my post box can't house more than 5000 letters. I think u should atleast ten reasons. I got ten reasons why i can't be an atheist or christian.

There is liberal interpretation of Qur'an but unless u care to investigate thoroughly you won't believe me. The problem is with the sectarian muslims who expect everyone to accept the interpretation of the priests and clerics, who live centuries ago. Well, as for me am different, try me if you doubt me.

2:190-194 are still canon. There is no abrogation of Qur'anic verses. Whenever God gives a command, it doesn't change(Qur'an 6:115). Even from the context you know that the verse is general and not restricted to the Prophet 's days. Please be wary of scholars, the Qur'an(9:31-34) warn against them.

Talking of capitalism, pls cite a verse that condemns it. Secularism, is not ideal for society, God must be observed even outside the temple else people will go rogue.

Usury
Cant talk much about this. Why do most translation choose usury for "riba"? Usury is different from interest, usury is exhorbitant interest. But then again 3:130 tend to prove any interest at all is forbidden. So am sure excessive interest is forbidden due to the harm and hardship it causes but am not sure of minimal interest. There is no commerce without interest. But there could be commerce without usury. On contrary, God 's comparism of charity with usury/interest in 2:176 could also indicate any increase in repayment of loan is forbidden. God knows best.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
usermane: Can't quote the OP, my post box can't house more than 5000 letters. I think u should atleast ten reasons. I got ten reasons why i can't be an atheist or christian.

There is liberal interpretation of Qur'an but unless u care to investigate thoroughly you won't believe me. The problem is with the sectarian muslims who expect everyone to accept the interpretation of the priests and clerics, who live centuries ago. Well, as for me am different, try me if you doubt me.

2:190-194 are still canon. There is no abrogation of Qur'anic verses. Whenever God gives a command, it doesn't change(Qur'an 6:115). Even from the context you know that the verse is general and not restricted to the Prophet 's days. Please be wary of scholars, the Qur'an(9:31-34) warn against them.

Talking of capitalism, pls cite a verse that condemns it. Secularism, is not ideal for society, God must be observed even outside the temple else people will go rogue.

Usury
Cant talk much about this. Why do most translation choose usury for "riba"? Usury is different from interest, usury is exhorbitant interest. But then again 3:130 tend to prove any interest at all is forbidden. So am sure excessive interest is forbidden due to the harm and hardship it causes but am not sure of minimal interest. There is no commerce without interest. But there could be commerce without usury. On contrary, God 's comparism of charity with usury/interest in 2:176 could also indicate any increase in repayment of loan is forbidden. God knows best.

FAIL......

LETS SEE-

YOUR ONLY POINTS ARE-

A) SECULARISM IS BAD FOR SOCIETY
B) THERE IS NO VERSE IN THE QURAN AGAINST CAPITALISM
C) THERE IS A LIBERAL INTERPRETATION OF THE QURAN

FAIL FAIL FAIL

=========================

A) I would like you to compare the muslims in "secular" lagos/Oyo/Osun state and then the muslims in the sharia north of Nigeria
I would like you to compare the average muslim in any secular country in the west and then, muslims in the middle east

Tell me, which groups of muslims a more peaceful, more educated and more tolerant of atheists?

Secularism is good for muslims both in western and non-western societies

B) Read up on islamic finance and how it is incompatible with capitalism. This is the problem with debating many nairaland muslims....only few know anything about finance but they somehow know that islamic finance is good......mtchew

How can modern capitalism survive without interest or stock trading? Arent those naturally haram with the banning of gambling and interest in islam?

C) Yes, there is a liberal interpretation of the Quran, no doubt. BUT IT IS IN THE FREAKING MINORITY, GADDEMIT!! LOOK UP THE WORD MAINSTREAM IN THE OP AND A DICTIONARY......THAT LIBERAL INTERPRETATION IS AS GOOD AS USELESS IF SO FEW MUSLIMS ADHERE TO IT!!!!!!!!!! angry

#DEBUNKED angry
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by usermane(m): 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
The OP also said: "Christians are more tolerant to non christians than Muslims are, to non muslims"

I won't dispute this. I believe the issue is not with the Qur'an but with muslims who choose to hold onto contradictory interpretation of Qur'an.
The Qur'an(5:13,7:199, 60:08) enjoin believers to treat well and tolerate disbelievers. There is no compulsion in Islam hence no penalty for apostates according to Qur'an(2:256). No where did God spell out any penalty for blasphemy, thus blasphemy laws and punishment stipulated in middle east are unislamic(Qur'an 4:140, 6:68). U see my friend, when you learn about your Lord only from the scholars like Bilal Philips, Zakir Naik e.t.c, you are turning into a sheep. Much as God grant some persons knowledge better than others, everyone is expected to recite the scripture and come to their conclusion. No waiting for priests,or clerics to spoonfeed me or you.

By the way i like your analogy. Truely the folks at Islam for Muslim sections are intolerant and unjust. As a muslim, because i reject their interpretation of Islam and condemn their practices using Qur'an and logic, all the do is HATE, delete my posts and ban me. If only all the religions share only one section, it would be better. There would be no hiding place for lies, dogmas and the truth will surface.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by usermane(m): 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
People tend to forget that the Gospel of Jesus, am talking of the original revealations recorded by Jesus was lost and the current gospels are lacking in the complete message of Jesus. This is why you 'll think christianity fairer than Islam, well bring forth the original Gospel and we 'll be good to compare.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by usermane(m): 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
The OP said : "Christians give out charity than Muslims".

You could be right. But could it be that muslims give out charity quietly without public awareness? Am not certain.

Lastly on the issue of honesty in religious root. It has more to do with ignorance on the part of people especially those who turned Qur'an to an arabic hymn book, rather than taking it as a message to be read, understood and adhered to. But lets be frank. Jesus nvr called himself a christian, neither did Moses call himself a Jew. They didn't call themselves Muslims either. The words: "Judaism" or "Christianity" were never used in the scriptures.
The word "muslim" is an arabic word for "submitter", i.e one who submits to God and since Moses and Jesus submitted to God, they could be termed as Muslims!

You may want to check out this thread. I treated ten misconceptions among muslims that could give you a new understanding of Islam.
https://www.nairaland.com/1493271/ten-misconception-among-muslims
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by beejaay: 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
usermane: The OP also said: "Christians are more tolerant to non christians than Muslims are, to non muslims"

I won't dispute this. I believe the issue is not with the Qur'an but with muslims who choose to hold onto contradictory interpretation of Qur'an.
The Qur'an(5:13,7:199, 60:08) enjoin believers to treat well and tolerate disbelievers. There is no compulsion in Islam hence no penalty for apostates according to Qur'an(2:256). No where did God spell out any penalty for blasphemy, thus blasphemy laws and punishment stipulated in middle east are unislamic(Qur'an 4:140, 6:68). U see my friend, when you learn about your Lord only from the scholars like Bilal Philips, Zakir Naik e.t.c, you are turning into a sheep. Much as God grant some persons knowledge better than others, everyone is expected to recite the scripture and come to their conclusion. No waiting for priests,or clerics to spoonfeed me or you.

By the way i like your analogy. Truely the folks at Islam for Muslim sections are intolerant and unjust. As a muslim, because i reject their interpretation of Islam and condemn their practices using Qur'an and logic, all the do is HATE, delete my posts and ban me. If only all the religions share only one section, it would be better. There would be no hiding place for lies, dogmas and the truth will surface.
i agree wit u but unfortunately 99% of muslims fall in that category so non-muslims are nt wrong to generalize.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 08, 2013
usermane: The OP also said: "Christians are more tolerant to non christians than Muslims are, to non muslims"

I actually agree with this post
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by POPEII: 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
Christianity is better and will always b better, however we don't need an atheist to say it .

logicboy if u don't mind what was your denomination
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by POPEII: 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Think about that
I don't get it
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
POPE II: Christianity is better and will always b better, however we don't need an atheist to say it .

logicboy if u don't mind what was your denomination

Catholic
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by POPEII: 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Catholic

you can stop being a catholic, I know deep inside you still feel like a catholic, in fact I wont me surprised if you still attend masses, find yourself singing our beautiful songs and hymns. you can't stop loving our architecture, ceremonies etc .
say it loud ....Proudly Catholic and come back to the religion of your forefathers cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Did God Want A Son ? / The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. / Is This A Real Mad Man, Prophet Or An Anti Christ? (photos +shocking Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.