Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,076 members, 7,925,406 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 03:08 PM

10 Strange Secrets Of The Moon - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / 10 Strange Secrets Of The Moon (942 Views)

Secrets Behind Magic / Strange And Bizzare Pictures Of People. (VIEWER DISCRETION) / Strange! :::nigerian Man Vomits Lizards In Abuja Hospital::: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Strange Secrets Of The Moon by lanregidi: 2:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
The Moon is humanity’s nearest companion in our travels in space and the only celestial body that we have had the chance to actually visit. Still, despite its relative closeness and familiarity, our satellite continues to hold many interesting secrets. From its scientific strangeness to the many ways it affects our lives, the Moon is a mystery that is definitely worth a closer look.

http://crazy-informative..com/2013/12/10-strange-secrets-of-moon.html

10. Moonquakes

Despite being a dead hunk of rock with very little geological activity, the Moon is prone to shaking fits. These earthquake-like tremors are called moonquakes, and there are four different kinds of them. The first three types—deep quakes, vibrations from meteorite impacts, and thermal quakes caused by the Sun’s heat—are relatively harmless
Re: 10 Strange Secrets Of The Moon by lanregidi: 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
Top 10 Sea Survivors

I have always been fascinated by people that survived extreme situations. I always wondered how long I would be able to survive if I was lost on a snow-covered mountain or ledge-locked on a cliff or trapped in the middle of the ocean on a raft. The answer is – it depends. It all depends on how prepared you are for the situation, or even how lucky you are. The simplest of things could end up saving your life, like a nail or a piece of string. It was surprising to learn that almost all the people from this list were rescued just in time except, in my opinion, the longest survivors. Thousands of people have been lost at sea, never to be seen or heard from again, but yet, there are a small handful that survive against every odd. One of the basic rules of survival is three hours without shelter, three days without water and three weeks without food. Could you prove this rule wrong?

Read More: http://crazy-informative..com/2013/12/top-10-sea-survivors.html

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Finally reacts To Not Being nominated For The headies / Tuface Implication Remix By Chelseabmw / I Love My Baby Says Barrack Eminika Obama Ehehehe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.