Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,326 members, 7,888,041 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:05 PM

The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane (11710 Views)

Nigerian Teacher Honoured In The UK / The Pitiable Life Of A Nigerian Teacher. The Way Forward?? / Private Tutor And Coaching Classes Forjamb, Waec, Gce, Tutorials For Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by chiogo(f): 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2008
Man, i love this topic!

Siena has said everything i wanted to say. good job!!

flogging someone can never make them a better person, it just makes them immune to pain

and mentally sick. hahahaha.

@everyone condoning flogging, good for y'all. cry cry
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by onyinye2(f): 6:28pm On Aug 11, 2008
I mean why you gotta hit a kid in school so that he/she will listen? undecided

Aren't there alternatives? undecided

I must admit, i would be the first to sue a teacher for laying a hand on my kid.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 11, 2008
I got my dose of cane in Primary 1-3.
Mehnnn, those were the days. cheesy cry cry cry cry cry cry
I hated the teacher/principle.
Thought I'll lose some flesh of my booty/knuckles cry cry

"Oga, No. Sorry Uncle!. I'll never do it again. Oga no!! I'll sweep the compound next time. I will not fight again. Please Uncle." cry cry cry
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2008
Actually you can never get immune to pain.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by chiogo(f): 6:43pm On Aug 11, 2008
@Ruby_pearl, wow!! Some of

these teachers are just

frustrated with their lives,

maybe because of late

salaries. So, they feel better

taking out their anger on

innocent kids. I know kids in

America are rude as hell but

there are still decent ones.

Thinking of the flogging just

discourages me from

sending my kids in the future

to school in Nigeria. Daag!

How can someone not

related to u be flogging u

like a goat? That's stupid.

@LASIEFAIRE, oh yeah?? So, what do you do?? Please, I've seen people receive cains like it was nothing - these are my friends back then. They just wanna get it over and done with. While I don't even wanna imagine going through it. To me, they're immune to the pain Cuz they got flogged on a regular basis. Their body became used to it.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by onyinye2(f): 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2008
This is the MAIN reason why I will never allow my kids to school in Nigeria. I rather them school in the States and not fear that they will be cane whipped across the back when they enter school.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 11, 2008
@Chiogo
I understand.
But my aunt send her kids to Nigeria for schooling. It's an expensive school, everything is comfortale for the kids.
The teachers are NOT allowed to spank the kids in that school.

But mehn! Primary school in Lagos/Ekiti was tough!! cry cry
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2008
Chiogo.
Am not trying to argue, neither am i condoning flogging. My stance with flogging is striking the right balance. There are times when flogging is totally irrelevant and will serve no use. while sometimes, although very few, it is the best option.

To getting Immune to pain. You can never get immune to pain. Your body does not adjust to pain. The pain you feel when you  get slapped the first time is the same you will keep feeling. The only thing you get psychologically use to it. You don't fear getting flogged but you still fill the pain,

What you are talking about in Niaja is called Chesting. You are able to control your response. . . prevent yourself from crying, flinching, Excessively shaking when flog. All is to show liver. All in all, the Pain is still there and the same as the first time that teacher whops your butt.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Okemera: 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2008
I say flog them till they nearly bleed

If they misbehave flog them

If they get bad result in exam flog them

If they disrepect the rules flog them

If they act like fools and morons flog them

I really believe in flogging and it works wonders on the minds of small children grin cheesy
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by kelvinbash: 11:46am On Aug 12, 2008
Pls I want someone to help me solve this question, what is the different between HIGHER DIPLOMA (HD) & HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND), which one is higher, can HIGHER DIPLOMA be taken for M.Sc programm?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Student Loan Application Portal Opens May 24 / Senate Backs ASUU, Asks Nigerian Govt To Resolve Issues / Just In: 2017 UTME: JAMB Introduces Remita To Ease Pin Purchase For Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.