Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,063 members, 7,949,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:55 PM

Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? (2707 Views)

See What Military Men Did To A Youth Leader In Jos- Photo / Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria / Possibility Of A Youth Political Party In Preparation For 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
A century? Half century? Decades gone by? We have been told over and over again that WE ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW! Will tomorrow ever come? If Nelson Mandela had waited for the so called tomorrow, he might be dead years back and South Africa still in deep aparthy!

In Nigeria, we may not have aparthy due to races or colour but the youths promised a future decades back are still waiting for a future maybe next half a century.
Gone are the days when Nigeria had governors/presidents/speakers of the house/senators/commissioners that are in their 30s or 40s? The same names that ruled in 1960s are still the ones in power! If not their power drunk selves, it must be their daughters or sons. Does that mean our youths that read political science/law/leadershi related courses or are born-leaders are not capable? Do you want to tell me they are not experienced?

The concept:
1. I am proposing a political party that will have as members and representatives between the age range of 20 - 45 years.
2. Aimed at the youths, for the youths and for the nation at large
3. Funding will not be sourced from ready made political lords but young and self made change oriented young and patriotic Nigerians
4. By 2015, we will have representatives at all fronts from local to National posts
5. Even if the presidency will not be won by 2015, by 2019, we will definitely win through all available positins for CHANGE!

As youths we have waited enough!
The time is now!

"IT ALWAYS SEEM IMPOSSIBLE UNTIL IT'S DONE" - NELSON MANDELA (1918-2013)

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by fasho01(m): 8:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
I support this 100%..

It is really sad but it goes beyond just saying it. We need to act & we need to act fast. Any plan or agenda in place

Finally someone is thinking what I have been thinking.Whatsoever it is, count me in. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 9:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
@Fasho01: Yes! I am encouraged that at least 1 man stands by me on this. Plans are on ground. No tribal, religious, gender, academic and social status barrier. All I dream of is a Nigeria, a country I can be proud of. Enough of OLD LIARS taking the Authority by force!
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by rafindo(m): 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
Yinkaolu: A century? Half century? Decades gone by? We have been told over and over again that WE ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW! Will tomorrow ever come? If Nelson Mandela had waited for the so called tomorrow, he might be dead years back and South Africa still in deep aparthy!

In Nigeria, we may not have aparthy due to races or colour but the youths promised a future decades back are still waiting for a future maybe next half a century.
Gone are the days when Nigeria had governors/presidents/speakers of the house/senators/commissioners that are in their 30s or 40s? The same names that ruled in 1960s are still the ones in power! If not their power drunk selves, it must be their daughters or sons. Does that mean our youths that read political science/law/leadershi related courses or are born-leaders are not capable? Do you want to tell me they are not experienced?

The concept:
1. I am proposing a political party that will have as members and representatives between the age range of 20 - 45 years.
2. Aimed at the youths, for the youths and for the nation at large
3. Funding will not be sourced from ready made political lords but young and self made change oriented young and patriotic Nigerians
4. By 2015, we will have representatives at all fronts from local to National posts
5. Even if the presidency will not be won by 2015, by 2019, we will definitely win through all available positins for CHANGE!

As youths we have waited enough!
The time is now!

"IT ALWAYS SEEM IMPOSSIBLE UNTIL IT'S DONE" - NELSON MANDELA (1918-2013)
.op ur weed intake is very alarming,i will advise you selfishly to start sleeping without pillow though it is not a verifiable fact lol.think the problem facing nigeria is largely contributed by the youth.a situation were we sell our franchise at an abysmal rate.ever ready for thugery and violent demonstration.where religion,tribe and class are tools they use in manipulating them.a complex reality like nigeria requires complex mindset.
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 10:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
@Sir Rafindo: For real you are a PROPHET! My weed intake is alarming! Right? I don't see everyone believing in what I believe in. Who says all Nigerian youths, you inclusive (I think) are just thugs and religious bigots that some currency notes can turn around? Do you think I am talking about an higher institution politics here? And for your info Sir, I am not one of those young men that always see their dreams die while they sleep it off. Guess you are in your 50s or one of the sons of the so called leaders of today. Anyway, I see a Nigeria where my father will not have to be a former president before I can be a Senator. I stand on my decision, a better Nigeria, today I crave!

FYI: I have never tasted cigarette, alcohol or anything drugs ever! But I know I am always high on REALITY!

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 9:49am On Dec 09, 2013
I tried using this medium to sample people's opinion on the fact that the tomorrow promised us had never come and maybe we should find a way of creating one. From what I see, I think the youth of the giant of Africa did not see anything wrong in this as it is glaring by the responses here. Nonetheless, I will not relent!
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by johnmartus(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2013
Yinkaolu: I tried using this medium to sample people's opinion on the fact that the tomorrow promised us had never come and maybe we should find a way of creating one. From what I see, I think the youth of the giant of Africa did not see anything wrong in this as it is glaring by the responses here. Nonetheless, I will not relent!
kudos to you bro i know many want nigeria to be progress while many want him to be fall bro i hail you for showing your love to this nation i cherish your motion even if i know how to locate you i will excited so that we can talk better i know many will against you but they we not prevail i support
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by johnmartus(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2013
Yinkaolu: I tried using this medium to sample people's opinion on the fact that the tomorrow promised us had never come and maybe we should find a way of creating one. From what I see, I think the youth of the giant of Africa did not see anything wrong in this as it is glaring by the responses here. Nonetheless, I will not relent!
kudos to you bro i know many want nigeria to be progress while many want him to be fall bro i hail you for showing your love to this nation i cherish your motion even if i know how to locate you i we excited so that we can talk better i know many will against you but they we not prevail i support
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
@Johnmartus: Thanks Bro! Nigeria will get to our desired state one day!

“According to the National Population Commission, youths account for 65 per cent of the Nigerian population and 23.9 per
cent of the unemployment rate in Nigeria. In comparison to other countries like Brazil which has a working population of over 130 million and unemployment rate of
around 14 per cent" - Bukola Saraki (Former Governor and current Senator)
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by thisismike(m): 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hi Yinkaolu,

Kindly reach me at thisismike@gmail.com asap, please.
Thank you...
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 9:11am On Dec 10, 2013
thisismike: Hi Yinkaolu,

Kindly reach me at thisismike@gmail.com asap, please.
Thank you...

@thisismike: Please check your mail now. Take care
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by 1shortblackboy: 9:17am On Dec 10, 2013
the youths you are talking about are they not still Nigerians ? the problem of Ni9geria is not old Nigerians but NIgerians in General
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by UyiIredia(m): 9:30am On Dec 10, 2013
You sure say e go work. With the money politics that abounds. In any case, I fit keep this thing gor mind because I won't mind playing my part to better this nation.
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 10:35am On Dec 10, 2013
1 shortblackboy: the youths you are talking about are they not still Nigerians ? the problem of Ni9geria is not old Nigerians but NIgerians in General

In short you have lost hope in Nigeria? Sir, the aim is to gather youths with a development mind. People that still have hope in a better Nigeria like YOU and ME. See, its not about being a Nigerian, it is about the mind and mentality! At least the OLD we know have really spoilt the whole thing, lets try the unknown YOUTH and see if their will be a change. Thanks
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 10:37am On Dec 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia: You sure say e go work. With the money politics that abounds. In any case, I fit keep this thing gor mind because I won't mind playing my part to better this nation.

Bro! With your support and mine, it will work. Youths did the Subsidy move. Youths through social media helped GO AND DIE widow and many more. We are about 65percent of the 160million U know. Impossibility is nothing
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by rafindo(m): 9:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
Yinkaolu: @Sir Rafindo: For real you are a PROPHET! My weed intake is alarming! Right? I don't see everyone believing in what I believe in. Who says all Nigerian youths, you inclusive (I think) are just thugs and religious bigots that some currency notes can turn around? Do you think I am talking about an higher institution politics here? And for your info Sir, I am not one of those young men that always see their dreams die while they sleep it off. Guess you are in your 50s or one of the sons of the so called leaders of today. Anyway, I see a Nigeria where my father will not have to be a former president before I can be a Senator. I stand on my decision, a better Nigeria, today I crave!

FYI: I have never tasted cigarette, alcohol or anything drugs ever! But I know I am always high on REALITY!
.i think u misunderstood my statement. I am not pessimistic about ur dream or derailing ur time.i have a better view about an avearage youth mind ranging from 18-30 .i can tell u it will be easier to convince the devil about heaven,than a nigeria youth without money.secarto7@gmail.com
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
I'm 200% in support. Count me in.

Power must change hand

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by 9jii(m): 1:11am On Dec 11, 2013
100% good to go.
but let see how far we can go
reach me on

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 10:18am On Dec 11, 2013
rafindo: .i think u misunderstood my statement. I am not pessimistic about ur dream or derailing ur time.i have a better view about an avearage youth mind ranging from 18-30 .i can tell u it will be easier to convince the devil about heaven,than a nigeria youth without money.secarto7@gmail.com

My Bro! You are definitely right. But you know power is greater than money. And for real, I think there is an emerging NEW NIGERIAN YOUTH that are more than willing to make a change. Moreso, I thought of age range 20-45 so that there will be room for those that are already politically experienced that could be trusted through their past. Thanks for deeming it fit to be a part of the change the Nation desired
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by edunwosu(m): 11:02am On Dec 11, 2013
Yinkaolu, i like your spirit and the change you want to bring.moreso i am coordinator of nigeria youth on facebook and am also Exective Director of Good Governance Nigeria.
here is my web address
www.goodgovernancenigeria.org
And to know who is talking to you please check the board members on the website.my name is Chinedu Nwosu,
I suggest that you start looking for a partnership with other youth organisations.
And i want you to know that i am ready to work with you.
Email me on Edunwosu@gmail.com
We can talk on phone on a way forward.
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Peinstein: 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
edunwosu: Yinkaolu, i like your spirit and the change you want to bring.moreso i am coordinator of nigeria youth on facebook and am also Exective Director of Good Governance Nigeria.
here is my web address
www.goodgovernancenigeria.org
And to know who is talking to you please check the board members on the website.my name is Chinedu Nwosu,
I suggest that you start looking for a partnership with other youth organisations.
And i want you to know that i am ready to work with you.
Email me on Edunwosu@gmail.com
We can talk on phone on a way forward.

Good idea from OP, i like your initiative @edunwosu

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by ebucha: 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
Yes, the time is now. This is a matter of life and dead, we have to make things work now. Politics is not something to retire into as we have here, it is a way of life, a noble service to our nation. COUNT ME IN. Our next line of action should be to establish a medium for communication, planning and strategizing. What do u people think?
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 3:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
edunwosu:

I think we should start dropping our names and phone numbers,
Aside this we can equally try to meet for the frist time and map out plans on how to draw a guidelines on gaining frist public outlook.
We can make lagos as our frist meeting point.

Chinedu Nwosu
Personally i will call you to get more info about you and notify you when we will meet.

Sir Nwosu! Well, you have just spoken out one of the concept in mind. You can contact me on 08104063343
olukanniolayinka@gmail.com
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
@all: This is the first stage and the intention is for me to test the waters and see the willingness of Nigerian youths on this. For now, let's still get to see more willingness in our youths and then we can go ahead with getting names and contacts.
Always, impossibility is nothing!
Olayinka
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 3:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
ebucha: Yes, the time is now. This is a matter of life and dead, we have to make things work now. Politics is not something to retire into as we have here, it is a way of life, a noble service to our nation. COUNT ME IN. Our next line of action should be to establish a medium for communication, planning and strategizing. What do u people think?

Sir Ebucha! You have spoken well but we need to take the right step at the right time. Refer more people and let's see the willingness. Then and then, we launch out. As a matter of fact, this is the first communication channel and then we will still get to move further on all social media and other media forms. Thanks. You are really needed here!

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Joel3(m): 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
I am in but I felt disappointed when you intend sourcing money from political warlords. I bet you nothing will ever come out from this. If we are ready we can make a change by ourselves. Organize a student rally on all the university polytechnic and colleges,

And as for funding, we can raise funds for ourself. Obabma of American raises funds from online. If all 80 Million Nigeria youth can donate N100 we can go along way to chase the present president from aso rock. The only thing is that not all youth are inform and less number has access to the internet.
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by gerald09(m): 8:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
Great initiative, now what's d next move, cos 2015 is not far way. N u forget, d people being used as religious/tribal goons are the so called youth, use Nairaland as an example, u can't read any article with out coming across tribal/religious battering. I don't c a 50 year old doin it. How do u have a youth powering party when d youth have been dipped into d pit of bigotry and religious hate. According to the Trojans "the young once kill each other, while old men sit and talk".
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by ebucha: 8:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
Yinkaolu:

Sir Ebucha! You have spoken well but we need to take the right step at the right time. Refer more people and let's see the willingness. Then and then, we launch out. As a matter of fact, this is the first communication channel and then we will still get to move further on all social media and other media forms. Thanks. You are really needed here!
yes. Good point.
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 9:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
Joel.:
I am in but I felt disappointed when you intend sourcing money from political warlords. I bet you nothing will ever come out from this. If we are ready we can make a change by ourselves. Organize a student rally on all the university polytechnic and colleges,

And as for funding, we can raise funds for ourself. Obabma of American raises funds from online. If all 80 Million Nigeria youth can donate N100 we can go along way to chase the present president from aso rock. The only thing is that not all youth are inform and less number has access to the internet.

Sir, please read my first post again. I said funds will not be sourced from politicians but young and change oriented Nigerian. I was part of the Obama change move and I know 1 dollar from grassroot helped during the process. U have given a very good point. Please politicians won't be involved and as for ethnic or political sentiment, capital NO!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Aminu Waziri Tambuwal @ 48 / Breaking: Taraba Acting Governor Sacked? / Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.