Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,198 members, 7,873,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:32 PM

Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria (4406 Views)

APC, The Only Party That Has Development Agenda — Amaechi / LG Poll Holds Today In Ondo Without Main Opposition Party / APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
It's no news that PDP is going into extinction with the mass defection of its members to the APC (just) like the APP, AD and so on of yesteryears.

To avoid Nigeria sinking into a one party state and to make the ruling party sit up, I suggest we (youths of nairaland) organise ourselves and set up a political party that will be in the opposition to monitor and check the ruling party.

We discussed something like this before on nairaland, but it was consumed by events (and the hacking tsunami of 2014). We'll use this forum as a foundation to kickstart the association. Just for the youths

Lets take this step now to avoid >> https://www.nairaland.com/2245659/balarabe-musa-apc-turn-nigeria
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by HACKPASTOR(m): 2:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
himkers:
It's no news that PDP is going into extinction with the mass defection of its members to the APC (just) like the APP, AD and so on of yesteryears.

To avoid Nigeria sinking into a one party state and to make the ruling party sit up, I suggest we (youths of nairaland) organise ourselves and set up a political party that will be in the opposition to monitor and check the ruling party.

We discussed something like this before on nairaland, but it was consumed by events (and the hacking tsunami of 2014). We'll use this forum as a foundation to kickstart the association. Just for the youths

Lets take this step now to avoid >> https://www.nairaland.com/2245659/balarabe-musa-apc-turn-nigeria

yes you are right, me too have been thinking about this even before APC merged as a winner, so have done some research on it. so let see how things we go.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Bright4(m): 2:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
I support the motion.
For the benefit of our generation n unborn ones.

Bcoz we must not leave d affairs of great Nigeria in d hand of one party, so dt they wou not turn it to family affairs jst as PDP did.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
HACKPASTOR:

yes you are right, me too have been thinking about this even before APC merged as a winner, so have done some research on it. so let see how things we go.

Arimahoseloka, you are needed in this thread.

Hactpastor, well said sir
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Utchgirl(f): 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
Im interested.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
Utchgirl:
Im interested.

Nice one.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Sweetguy25: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
Don't worry, tribalism will kill it even before it starts.

1 Like

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
sounds n
himkers:

Arimahoseloka, you are needed in this thread.
Hactpastor, well said sir

sounds nice to me.
I support this idea and have got my reasons to.
But another factor is how far are we ready to go
you don't start a journey by sitting down,let's start planning and welcome more ideas.

I'm so in.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by blayz0923: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
I'm for it
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Don't worry, tribalism will kill it even before it starts.

If we get our acts right, No it wont.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Hardetutu01(m): 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
fuckingly interested...let's move on..
bt wat about financial issue?

1 Like

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by PassingShot(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
Good idea if can be well organized.

You got my support.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by HACKPASTOR(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
on my research , they said to register a political party is #100,000, but you must have a party secretarial at Abuja, and other 24 states, they said we going to start from local government election gradually to Presidential election, so then am thinking to call the attention of this people :

1. I my self ADENIRAN SAMAD OLAMILEKAN
2. SEUN OSEWA (NAIRALAND )
3. LINDA IKEJI (LINDA BLOG)
4. MAKINDE AZEEZ (NAIJALOADED)
5. OTHER

WHY AM DOING THIS IS THAT I HAVE PASSION FOR NIGERIA MY BELOVED COUNTRY, AND WE YOUTH ARE LEADERS AND FUTURE OF THIS COUNTRY, LET COME TOGETHER AND THINK WISELY.

THOUGH TO START THIS IS NOT EASY BUT LET START FROM SOME WHERE.

WE ARE THE CHANGE NIGERIA IS WAITING FOR.

1 Like

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
Hardetutu01:
fuckingly interested...let's move on..
bt wat about financial issue?

Financial issues shouldn't be in the front burner @ d moment. We need to come up with ideas first. We need to sell our ideas to Nigerians first
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Sweetguy25: 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
himkers:

If we get our acts right, No it wont.

No. We can't get our acts right.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by qloreal: 2:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
Easier said than done..Mchteewundecided
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
That is if the idea don't start and end on social media.

1 Like

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
barcanista:
That is if the idea don't start and end on social media.

If you take a bold step and I do same, then it won't end on social media
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by jaysniggs: 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
grin
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Hardetutu01(m): 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
himkers:

Financial issues shouldn't be in the front burner @ d moment. We need to come up with ideas first. We need to sell our ideas to Nigerians first

u ar right bro,so optimistic dat some guys outside N'Land will be interested as well..only unambitious youth will against it.....#move on guyz
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
himkers:

If you take a bold step and I do same, then it won't end on social media
it's not by rhetoric bro...

1 Like

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by anonimi: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
Better join PDP massively and be part of the ongoing cleansing and reform started by Jonathan.

Anything else will be like KOWA or CPN- no spread for any impact!
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by mikolo80: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
GUYS I GOT IT ALL MAPPED OUT
8810 - 12000 MEMBERS SO THAT SHARING OF POSITIONS WON'T CAUSE ISSUES
WE CONTRIBUTE MONTHLY 10K= 1BILLION ANNUALLY
INVEST IN POULTRY,FISH FARMING,FISH IMPORT,FISH EVERYTHING,MECHANISED CROP FARMING,SOLID MINERALS
EXPAND INTO OIL AND GAS,THEN LIGHT MANUFACTURING(OFF GRID INDUSRIAL PARKS) AND REAL ESTATE/MASS TRANSPORTATION(BIG ASSS BUSES)
THEN CHALLENGE FOR THE TITLE IN TEN YEARS WHEN WE CONTROL LARGE SWATHES OF ECONOMY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by HACKPASTOR(m): 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
himkers:

on my research , they said to register a political party is #100,000, but you must have a party secretarial at Abuja, and other 24 states, they said we going to start from local government election gradually to Presidential election, so then am thinking to call the attention of this people :

5. OTHER

WHY AM DOING THIS IS THAT I HAVE PASSION FOR NIGERIA MY BELOVED COUNTRY, AND WE YOUTH ARE LEADERS AND FUTURE OF THIS COUNTRY, LET COME TOGETHER AND THINK WISELY.

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
anonimi:
Better join PDP massively and be part of the ongoing cleansing and reform started by Jonathan.

Anything else will be like KOWA or CPN- no spread for any impact!
Bless you pastor anonimi. Most of these people don't understand what it takes for a party to challenge e the big parties. They should rather join any of the big parties or align with small parties like NCP. I choose PDP

Power!!!!!!!!!!

Caveat: this should in no way appear as discouraging to promoters of this youth party.

1 Like

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by HACKPASTOR(m): 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2015

5. OTHER

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by HACKPASTOR(m): 3:06pm On Apr 09, 2015

5. OTHERs

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Hardetutu01(m): 3:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
it's not necessary dat every passersbye should comment.if u dnt av positive contribution u dnt need to comment......we dnt need negative advice here....Thank u all

2 Likes

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by NaMe4: 3:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
Had a similar idea.

I'm in full support.

mikolo80:
GUYS I GOT IT ALL MAPPED OUT
8810 - 12000 MEMBERS SO THAT SHARING OF POSITIONS WON'T CAUSE ISSUES
WE CONTRIBUTE MONTHLY 10K= 1BILLION ANNUALLY
INVEST IN POULTRY,FISH FARMING,FISH IMPORT,FISH EVERYTHING,MECHANISED CROP FARMING,SOLID MINERALS
EXPAND INTO OIL AND GAS,THEN LIGHT MANUFACTURING(OFF GRID INDUSRIAL PARKS) AND REAL ESTATE/MASS TRANSPORTATION(BIG ASSS BUSES)
THEN CHALLENGE FOR THE TITLE IN TEN YEARS WHEN WE CONTROL LARGE SWATHES OF ECONOMY

Good proposition there.

1 Like

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
HACKPASTOR:

5. OTHERs

My brother, from nowhere, we can get to somewhere. I believe our main task is to garner ideas, identify our problems and devise means of solving them; then we can sell out the ideas to all Nigerians.

One of the mistakes we should avoid at all cost is to over-accelerate this drive, we need to take it step-by-step. We need not rush on this, else it writtles down before we even register the association. We also need to come up with a name (I suggest the letter 'A' should start which ever first word we intend using).
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by kilmix: 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
What if we start with a movement... say "Youth League" or Nigeria Youth Movement, appoint board from all geo-political zone plus Abuja being the centre force.

It need not be live. It can be an online front or platform.

Needless to say that the main creed should be "say no to violence".

If it comes to violence, count me out.

1 Like

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Feemmy(m): 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
I love this, I'm in.
very soon we will be representing from our STATE and Local govt. we are going to start from grass root.

https://m./790209887701007?view=info&ssc=0&ref=finch_more&_rdr
I Just created the above Facebook Group, imagine
Nairaland plus Facebook will be great. you guys
should try to join the group and it will be our
second Land
Note: The name will be change subject to
suggestions by members

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Photos Of APC Customized Lamborghini Spotted In Kaduna In Honour Of El-rufai / Jonathan Is Extremely Uncomfortable And Unhappy / Most Developed Countries In Africa – Comprehensive Ranking For 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.