Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,987 members, 7,903,145 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 05:29 AM

91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service (17191 Views)

Woman Strips Unclad To Hug Mandela Statue / Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013 / Nelson Mandela Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by cap28: 2:32am On Dec 10, 2013
Israhell were planning on selling nuclear warheads to the racist apartheid govt of south Africa in order to ensure that black Africa remained subservient and under their total control and domination , no wonder Netanyahu isn't coming for Mandela's funeral at least he is not hiding his hatred unlike two faced Cameron and wall street puppet Obama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAs7dI1AN0M

2 Likes

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Acidosis(m): 2:33am On Dec 10, 2013
why Sunday?
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by emmaduks(m): 2:42am On Dec 10, 2013
The best way to die is to die like Mandela, madiba
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by 360command: 2:43am On Dec 10, 2013
fckyourman: where is book haram, please go to south africa.
they were unable to enter Ghana na Southy dem wan go? I don't think so ( laugh at my joke by giving me like)

1 Like

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by andyanders: 2:49am On Dec 10, 2013
I hope OBJ =Obasanjo will not be thereooooooooooooooooooo to tell the world how he wanted Madiba to run for another term and was disgraced by Mandela.
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by EloquentMedia: 2:59am On Dec 10, 2013
emmaduks: The best way to die is to die like Mandela, madiba
Nay! The best way to die is to die in Christ, even if no one knows you, you can be certain that heaven does. What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and his funeral attracts 100 WORLD president but has no standing before the president of the universe. I am not referring to Mandela but for those who have not learnt to weigh things in the proper perspective.

9 Likes

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Nobody: 3:42am On Dec 10, 2013
The only Legacy I can afford this Mandela, who lived and will live on, is to ascribe him a much deserving title of "Christ", he has done much more to humanity and fits the order of christs.

Mandela Christ lives Forever.
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Nobody: 3:56am On Dec 10, 2013
Great man indeed. We miss you Nelson Mandela!

Those notorious South African police men and women won't be able to provide good security. I know the American people will come with their own security at hand.

Third world-like SA!
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Nobody: 3:59am On Dec 10, 2013
all4naija: Great man indeed. We miss you Nelson Mandela!

Those notorious South African police men and women won't be able to provide good security. I know the american people will come with their own security at hand.

Third world-like SA!

The Secret Service will only protect the Obama and the 4 ex-Presidents.
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Osario: 4:15am On Dec 10, 2013
This is surprising. When our beloved President Abacha died no head of state attended his funeral. This is discrimination
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Nobody: 4:42am On Dec 10, 2013
Adex097: ehya....wish I could go buh.....

Well, I know I and ma "unborn" kids will definitely go to madiba's "tomb" one day one day grin

RIP madiba
you don tiann

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by frankcimc(m): 5:18am On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan: The fact that 91 leaders would be in attendance, lends credence to the popular axiom- "A good name is better than silver or gold".

I tell you there is nothing like having a good name. I hope we the living will learn from this Mandela tributes.

RIP Madiba!
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Nobody: 5:24am On Dec 10, 2013
Yeah it will surely be d biggest funeral ever....
But pls after d funeral, all dis dignitaries should pls not forget d Madiba 's family.

1 Like

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by jaysan82(m): 5:37am On Dec 10, 2013
Africa's lucky to have produced such a reputable political figure. 2 words Nelson Mandela, South Africa, God bless!!!
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 10, 2013
WHIZBRO: @least we know the day our own Obasanjo dies Boni Yayi(Benin) Fnaussaugbre Eyadema(Togo), Bongo(Gambia) and the Teodore Obiang(Guinea Bissau) and other sit tight leaders he helped prop all over Africa would attend. undecided

You didnt include Rober Mugabe of Zimbabwe grin

1 Like

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Redhot111(m): 5:56am On Dec 10, 2013
Aabheaven:

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/09/world/africa/nelson-mandela-memorial/

To me this can be the biggest funeral of all time.this point to show that Madiba was an international icon and the world still remember his legacies.UN as set aside Mandela birthday as Nelson Mandela day,almost all sport gave a minute silence in recognition of the passing of a great man including white house.words can not explain Madiba iconic legacies.Obama,Cameron,Merkel,Hollande and others including our President,Jonathan are to grace the funeral
needless to say dat our presido will b there. We knw he is always lookin 4 gdedu to attend
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by musiwa112: 6:00am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by olagamalin(m): 6:05am On Dec 10, 2013
xp17: Wat is Obama doin there, I tot Mandela was in FBI terrorist list till 2008 . Mk dem pursue the guy and his delegate with koboko.

Metcheeew.

Let d death rest , why wastage of public funds? undecided
SMH
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by loswhite(m): 6:38am On Dec 10, 2013
Yoruba_Jesus: What Mandela would really want is not a state funeral, of what use is that to the dead. A quiet funeral with family and close friends would do and all the millions of money that will be spent on security of the state funeral should be used to feed the poor children dying of hunger and thirst without a roof over their head.

Another great black man, Tupac Shakur said "they got money for wars but they aint got money to feed the poor".

Anyway I think this hiding of comment is getting ridiculous. This is a forum, alot of comments shouldnt be hidden. The only comment that should be hidden is a threat to life comment.
are u Mandela's PA? Abi him tell u wetin he want 4 ur dream

1 Like

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Phalldhe: 6:54am On Dec 10, 2013
NELSON MANDELA's memorial will be the 1st of its kind in the world, considering the calibre and number of dignitaries (movers & shakers of the world) that will grace the occasion.
This is an automatic entrance into the guiness world record.
Infact, the name MANDELA must become an important dictionary word (i.e MANDELA: Quintescential selfless leadership with all sincerity of heart).
I sincerely duff my cap for NELSON MANDELA as he bows out of life.
Who is the next MANDELA?

1 Like

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan:

The Secret Service will only protect the Obama and the 4 ex-Presidents.
seriously they can't protect him.. When he is giving his speech a sniper from anywhere can take him out, simple as ABC.
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Brightid(m): 7:13am On Dec 10, 2013
what an icon
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by adconline(m): 7:16am On Dec 10, 2013
xp17: Wat is Obama doin there, I tot Mandela was in FBI terrorist list till 2008 . Mk dem pursue the guy and his delegate with koboko.

Metcheeew.

Let d death rest , why wastage of public funds? undecided
Obama became president on January 20, 2009.. Google University is tuition free!

3 Likes

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 10, 2013
WHIZBRO: @least we know the day our own Obasanjo dies Boni Yayi(Benin) Fnaussaugbre Eyadema(Togo), Bongo(Gambia) and the Teodore Obiang(Guinea Bissau) and other sit tight leaders he helped prop all over Africa would attend. undecided
Bongo is from Gabon, and Teodore Obiang is from Equitorial Guinea.
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by ibkgab001: 7:24am On Dec 10, 2013
I Knew Mandela At this time on ALjazeera Sorry Nairaland
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by NadiaSA1(f): 7:27am On Dec 10, 2013
RIP tata

Siyakuthanda

The voicenote below is dedicated to Madiba cry

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by 9jahubcom(m): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2013
interesting
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Itsalphaa(m): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2013
i endulge my nigerian leaders to think about their lives and answer this question: how many heads of state will attend your own memorial service
Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 10, 2013
gcfr.com:
seriously they can't protect him.. When he is giving his speech a sniper from anywhere can take him out, simple as ABC.
cool
Some Secret Service agents will scan the Soccer City stadium for any snipers.

2 Likes

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 7:32am On Dec 10, 2013
PEOPLE WE NEED A "NEW THREAD FOR THE BIGGEST GATHERING OF WORLD LEADERS IN THE 21 CENTURY". grin grin grin grin

THE BIGGEST GATHERING OF WORLD LEADERS FOR ONE MAN. Baba Mandela's Memorial is BIGGER THAN POPE JOHN PAUL'S II (71 heads of state attended).

[b] More than 100 heads of state and government -- current and past -- as well as scores of celebrities and heads of international organisations have confirmed their presence at a memorial ceremony for former South African president Nelson Mandela, who died last week aged 95.

"By noon today, 91 heads of state and 10 former heads of state confirmed they will attend the memorial at FNB Stadium" on Tuesday, Minister in the Presidency Collins Chabane told the SAPA news agency.

Only Britain's Prince Charles has so far announced his presence at the funeral itself, to be held Sunday in the southern village of Qunu where Mandela spent his childhood.

The following are among those who have confirmed their presence at Tuesday's event:

Leaders

US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle. Three predecessors, Jimmy Carter, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, along with Secretary of State and former first lady Hillary Clinton, will also be present.
French President Francois Hollande, accompanied by his predecessor Nicolas Sarkozy.
British Prime Minister David Cameron
Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff
President of the Palestinian Authority Mahmud Abbas
Cuban President Raul Castro
Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan
Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper
Afghan President Hamid Karzai
Tunisian President Moncef Marzouki
Indian President Pranab Mukherjee
German President Joachim Gauck
Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati
Chinese Vice President Liu Yuanchao
Bangladeshi President Abdul Hamid
Pakistani President Mamnoon Hussain
Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa
Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf

Royals

British Prince Charles
The King of the Netherlands Willem-Alexander
Crown Prince of Denmark Frederik
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Saudi Prince and Second Deputy Prime Minister Muqrin bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud
Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito

International organisations

United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon
Chair of the African Union Commission Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma
European Union President Herman van Rompuy
Former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, former Finnish president Martti Ahtisaari, Algerian diplomat Lakhdar Brahimi and ex-Irish president Mary Robinson will represent the group called The Elders, founded by Mandela in 2007.

Celebrities

US talk show hostess Oprah Winfrey, singer and activist Bono, British singer Peter Gabriel and British magnate Richard Branson are among the stars attending the ceremony.

The absent

The Dalai Lama, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (THANX GOD HES NOT HERE), father of the Cuban revolution Fidel Castro.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by Itsalphaa(m): 7:34am On Dec 10, 2013
gcfr.com:
to kill obama, the problem is not pulling the trigger, it is getting the weapon close enough without your plans getting leaked out...those secret service guys are damn good, numerous and secretive, u neva can say, nairaland might be one of their tools.

1 Like

Re: 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 7:35am On Dec 10, 2013
^^^^^^^WE NEED A NEW THREAD THIS ABOVE IS THE BIGGEST GATHERING OF WORLD'S HEADS OF STATE AND ROYALTIES IN ONE PLACE.

This is the first of its kind in AFRICA AND THE WORLD.
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Israel's Ex-President, Moshe Katsav, Released After Spending 5 Years In Prison / We Are Ready For 'negotiation' With Mali, Burkina Faso & Niger - ECOWAS / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.