Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,961 members, 7,876,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3857044 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) ... (3872) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 11:02pm On Apr 12, 2019
Endgame is actually the most anticipated movie of probably all time

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 12, 2019
cao:

Man, Tom Hanks was like the go to guy for rom-coms & comedies in the 80s & 90s. Funny how these actors that were known more for comedies back then, ended becoming known for dramas, action and serious films. It just really takes one role to change things.

Wallahi
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:22pm On Apr 12, 2019
Oyaskiii:
Absolutely no reason for Hellboy to have a reboot..only the first movie in the franchise was actually above par, The Golden army was also watchable, they should have rested and front other stories but no, is 2019, let's reprise Hellboy! , Heck this movie was 9% on RT when it premiered, is at 12% which is been generous tbh....reminds me of when marvel deem it fit to make a Ghost rider sequel... Disaster.
Ghost Rider sequel was one of the few times a movie left a horrible taste in my mouth. Absolute trash of the trashiest trashies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
TV series and conventional movies combined.

Many avengers fan will watch GOT8 while some GOT fans have no interest in Avengers.

GOT8 holds that record, no contest smiley

Afobear:
Endgame is actually the most anticipated movie of probably all time

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani6666: 12:08am On Apr 13, 2019
For the Weekend°°°

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 13, 2019
Skeleton Key

Horror and mystery. Edge of the seat stuff. One of the most shocking endings I've seen in a while. This is how horror should be done. Highly recommend.

8/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 2:05am On Apr 13, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
Skeleton Key

Horror and mystery. Edge of the seat stuff. One of the most shocking endings I've seen in a while. This is how horror should be done. Highly recommend.

8/10

Did you rewatch this movie? Its old! I can remember watching it as a student

This movie gave me some nightmares because I actually spent a night in a house that was styled like the one in the movie.

Did you also notice a kind of plot stealing done by get out from this movie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 2:07am On Apr 13, 2019
Oyaskiii:
Absolutely no reason for Hellboy to have a reboot..only the first movie in the franchise was actually above par, The Golden army was also watchable, they should have rested and front other stories but no, is 2019, let's reprise Hellboy! , Heck this movie was 9% on RT when it premiered, is at 12% which is been generous tbh....reminds me of when marvel deem it fit to make a Ghost rider sequel... Disaster.

Well said. Hellboy should not have had a sequel.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 2:39am On Apr 13, 2019
UNBREAKABLE...8/10
GENRE:Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi

One thing I noticed about some of Shyamalans' works is the subtlety being employed, which tends to make one focus on such movies,so as to fully grasp its content. The movie was well scripted, & built in suspense, with the wonderfully melancholic acting adding depth and tension to the plot. Samuel L J performance was superb, but Bruce..... Bruce steals the show with a subtleness most screen stars cannot portray, I am overwhelmed by his performance, he owned that character a 100%, & for the first time, in a long while,i got to follow his act throughout the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 2:41am On Apr 13, 2019
GLASS...7.5/10
GENRE:Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller

This IMO was a befitting conclusion to the trilogy, The plot, message/themes, & characters, for me was close to perfection. outstanding performance as usual by James McAvoy( it ain't just fair, dude really deserves an Oscar for his outstanding performance)Samuel L. Jackson was great as always, he never disappoints, and Bruce, Bruce did good, but i kinda expected way more, considering his act was exceptionally brilliant in UNBREAKABLE.
The movie sure kept me divisive within myself, the lady doc really fu.cked with my mind, i totally bought her theory for some few seconds. & lastly that ending was totally unpredictable, i never could have guessed the outcome. An awesome movie, but its a pity it ain't for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 7:09am On Apr 13, 2019
alexistaiwo:
TV series and conventional movies combined.

Many avengers fan will watch GOT8 while some GOT fans have no interest in Avengers.

GOT8 holds that record, no contest smiley

. Sure you have a point which is valid but for the sheer volume of anticipation, Endgame is the One

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:19am On Apr 13, 2019
i doubt if the chinese are anticipating GOT

Afobear:
. Sure you have a point which is valid but for the sheer volume of anticipation, Endgame is the One

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:34am On Apr 13, 2019
MJBOLT:
i doubt if the chinese are anticipating GOT

Chinese people watch game of thrones.
https://thediplomat.com/2017/10/game-of-fans-china-and-indias-reception-of-the-game-of-thrones/
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 8:00am On Apr 13, 2019
mekaprime:
GLASS...7.5/10
GENRE:Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller

This IMO was a befitting conclusion to the trilogy, The plot, message/themes, & characters, for me was close to perfection. outstanding performance as usual by James McAvoy( it ain't just fair, dude really deserves an Oscar for his outstanding performance)Samuel L. Jackson was great as always, he never disappoints, and Bruce, Bruce did good, but i kinda expected way more, considering his act was exceptionally brilliant in UNBREAKABLE.
The movie sure kept me divisive within myself, the lady doc really fu.cked with my mind, i totally bought her theory for some few seconds. & lastly that ending was totally unpredictable, i never could have guessed the outcome. An awesome movie, but its a pity it ain't for everyone.

You didn't guess the outcome? Come on I thought it was pretty obvious. Like it would have been really gloom if the movie ended on that very sad note without the movie reaching its climax. Beside, if first name Mister and last name Glass superpower is his mind, then he should have known who that psychiatrist really is.

To me, first name Mister and last name Glass stole the show. He's the hero, the villain and even the antihero, he made everything about him. He started it all and ended it all, it was all his endgame. Men Mr Glass is classic.

The only thing I find irritating in the movie was the appearance of Night Sakamanje. Like WTF, is he trying to pull a Stan Lee on us? lipsrsealed undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:14am On Apr 13, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Avengers: Endgame for sure. I won't lay my eyes on GoT till they air every episode.

Same here. I'll wait till every episode has been aired before binging on it. And I'll do well to stay off the Series thread to avoid the ITKs that would spoil it with relentless vigor.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:16am On Apr 13, 2019
AfroSamurai:
You didn't guess the outcome? Come on I thought it was pretty obvious. Like it would have been really gloom if the movie ended on that very sad note without the movie reaching its climax. Beside, if first name Mister and last name Glass superpower is his mind, then he should have known who that psychiatrist really is.

To me, first name Mister and last name Glass stole the show. He's the hero, the villain and even the antihero, he made everything about him. He started it all and ended it all, it was all his endgame. Men Mr Glass is classic.

The only thing I find irritating in the movie was the appearance of Night Sakamanje. Like WTF, is he trying to pull a Stan Lee on us? lipsrsealed undecided

M Night Shyamalan usually appears in his movies. Lady in the water is a good example.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:19am On Apr 13, 2019
Beorn:

Same here. I'll wait till every episode has been aired before binging on it. And I'll do well to stay off the Series thread to avoid the ITKs that would spoil it with relentless vigor.

I see that you and koicereloaded enjoy spoilers grin

I pity you guys.

Spoilers are everywhere. YouTube, Twitter, blogs etc
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 9:39am On Apr 13, 2019
JeromeBlack:

M Night Shyamalan usually appears in his movies. Lady in the water is a good example.
how many of his superhero movie did he appear in?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dansolution: 10:03am On Apr 13, 2019
pls someone should recommend best thriller and mind blowing movies to download for weekend

@ koice n @ ishlove pls help
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 13, 2019
JeromeBlack:

This movie gave me some nightmares because I actually spent a night in a house that was styled like the one in the movie.

Yeah, I noticed the similarities, but Skeleton Key ain't exactly an original content itself. The plot is essentially a Black Stepford Wives rip off, but with a twist. If Get Out is a rip off of Skeleton Key, then Skeleton Key is a rip off of Blacl Stepford Wives. You know what I think? The plot is not so much a rip off as it's a common horror trope.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 13, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I see that you and koicereloaded enjoy spoilers grin

I pity you guys.

Spoilers are everywhere. YouTube, Twitter, blogs etc

Spoilers don't really bother me. Before I buy a novel, I always skip to the end to know the final outcome.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Oyaskiii: 10:12am On Apr 13, 2019
Beorn:

You might actually do more than that, get that device they use in Black mirror to block people in real life cuz trust me GOT will be discussed in work place, school, even inside the church.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 13, 2019
People like you are allergic to no sex relationship grin

KoiceReloaded:

Spoilers don't really bother me. Before I buy a novel, I always skip to the end to know the final outcome.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 13, 2019
dansolution:
pls someone should recommend best thriller and mind blowing movies to download for weekend

@ koice n @ ishlove pls help

Mind blowing you say? Okey dokey.

- The Fountain
- Ink
- Moon
- Coherence
- Predestination
- Triangle
- The Man from Earth
- Donnie Darko
- 12 Monkeys
- Mr Nobody
- Cloud Atlas

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:17am On Apr 13, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

What

How the hell do you enjoy novels and movies when you already know how it is going to end? There would be no suspense and no climax.

Are you some sort of masochist? lipsrsealed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 13, 2019
alexistaiwo:
People like you are allergic to no sex relationship grin

grin grin grin grin

Don't blame me jare. I like to know what I'm buying. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Oyaskiii: 10:18am On Apr 13, 2019
Glass 7.5/10....Fitting end.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 13, 2019
JeromeBlack:

What

How the hell do you enjoy novels and movies when you already know how it is going to end? There would be no suspense and no climax.

Are you some sort of masochist? lipsrsealed

Some of us don't like the suspense. If the protagonist is gonna end up dying in the end, I'd like to know before hand so that I can save myself from the crushing disappointment. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:24am On Apr 13, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Yeah, I noticed the similarities, but Skeleton Key ain't exactly an original content itself. The plot is essentially a Black Stepford Wives rip off, but with a twist. If Get Out is a rip off of Skeleton Key, then Skeleton Key is a rip off of Blacl Stepford Wives. You know what I think? The plot is not so much a rip off as it's a common horror trope.

Black Stepford wives? I only know stepford wives
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 13, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Black Stepford wives? I only know stepford wives
Yeah, that's the name. It's an old movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 13, 2019
JeromeBlack:

This movie gave me some nightmares because
I actually spent a night in a house that was styled like the one in the movie.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:53am On Apr 13, 2019
alexistaiwo:

I hope you know that there are houses that were built in colonial style......with Nigeria being a former colony of uk

(1) (2) (3) ... (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) ... (3872) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.