Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,813 members, 7,872,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:15 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3850644 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) ... (3871) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 4:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
troubleseller:
Dude is talented. Fight Club, 12 Monkeys, Moneyball, Oceans Trilogy, Burn After Reading. To me he is even more versatile than Cruise. He should have won for Moneyball though.
His performance in Fight Club deserves an Oscar.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2019
mekaprime:

Abeg, Tom Cruise doesn't deserve any Oscar win jare, the dude is just stereotyped to the action genre. If it's those who deserves or ought to have won an Oscar, then it should be the likes of Edward Norton, Joaquin Phoenix, Jonny Depp, Brad Pitt ,Robert Downey Jr. And If care is not taken, i fear winning an Oscar might elude some of them, the same way it eluded the likes of Harrison Ford, Liam Neeson(For his performance in Schindler's List).
Add Ethan Hawke to that list though I disagree on Robert Downey Jr.
Seriously...Robert Downey? Kindly suggest one of his films with Oscar worthy performance.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 4:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Seriously...Robert Downey? Kindly suggest one of his films with Oscar worthy performance.

Sherlock Holmes?

But I see your point though....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:17pm On Jun 05, 2019
Dark Phoenix actually worse than X-men Last Stand.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
have you seen it?drop reviews

oyaskii:
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
MJBOLT:
have you seen it?drop reviews

Have not, That's the review someone sent me, and he rated it 3/10...was planning on seeing it but having double mind now.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:35pm On Jun 05, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Tropic Thunder, Sherlock Holmes, Chaplin. 2 out of the above, got him Oscar nominated.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2019
mekaprime:

Tropic Thunder, Sherlock Holmes, Chaplin. 2 out of the above, got him Oscar nominated.
Will check those films out...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:45pm On Jun 05, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Will check those films out...
And he would have won, just that he lost to very credible competitors.
Go see the flicks, i bet you wouldn't even know who he was in Tropic Thunder.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2019
oyaskii:
Have not, That's the review someone sent me, and he rated it 3/10...was planning on seeing it but having double mind now.
Are you kidding, 3/10?? are you sure that person isn't a fanboy. Abeg oo, that flick is highly anticipated by me, no give me heart attack.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Forreellinc: 4:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
mekaprime:
US....5.9/10
Genre:Horror, Thriller

Haba! Na wetin?.. The plot holes were just too much jare, in fact, the flick takes Unrealism to the next level
grin guy na horror movie I was even expecting a more crazy explanation for where the dopplegangers came from.
mekaprime:

. Americans that don't joke with guns, all of a sudden, no one, absolutely no one, owns/thinks of or suggests getting a gun to protect themselves
First of all is it the agalazi black panther goofy dad you want to have a gun or the drunk white family?
Secondly they were visiting their vacation houses which I don't think it will be wise to carry their guns along considering how police get with things like that and knowing jordan peele, the movie was an allegory how the rich silence and oppress the poor with their wealth and resources (the rich being the normal people and the poor/homeless being the clones) that's why their weapons were golf clubs and boats and suvs synonymous to luxury

mekaprime:

, hmmm! & secondly, there are millions and millions of dopplegangers living in tunnels. Are they for real??.
Well there was a title card in the beginning where they said there are over a million abandoned tunnels in america besides,I won't be surprised if american gov't once tried to control humans using clones, they have the resources and they Are crazy enough to do that

mekaprime:

Nevertheless, the central idea & cinematography were quite promising, the execution & the script was really messed up & nothing to write home about.
Nah guy watch it again and concentrate on the story he is telling ignore the violence and the plot and I promise you will be thrilled

mekaprime:

I totally loved that We are Americans phrase, it was a kinda subtle messages used to represent a lot of different groups/people that the American society has condemned over the centuries, victims of the slave trade, mass incarceration, or a predatory economic system that leaves the poor to be impoverished as the lucky few become more privileged.
You see you don dey get am small small watch it again
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Airyprince(m): 5:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
mekaprime:

The croods(2013)

Chicken Run (2000)
Beowulf(2007)
Horton Hears a Who!(2008)
Inside Out (2015)
Antz(1998)
Ghost in the Shell(1996)
The Little Mermaid(1989)
A Bug’s Life(1998)
Shark Tale(2004)
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs(2009)
Kubo and the Two Strings(2016)
101 Dalmatians(1961)
Spirited Away(2002)
9(2009)
The Simpsons Movie(2007)
Zootopia (2016)
Toy Story 3 (2010)
Coco (2017)
Sing(2015)
The Incredibles 1(2004)
Ratatouille (2007)
How to Train Your Dragon(2010)
Monsters, Inc. (2001)
Big Hero 6 (2014)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
Despicable Me (2010)
Despicable me (2013)
Kung Fu Panda (2008)
Up (2009)
Rango (2011)
Minions (2015)
Penguins of Madagascar (2014)
WALL·E (2008)
Megamind (2010)
Brave
p.s. To be on a safe side, do check the online reviews before downloading.
almost done 4 more to go
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 6:18pm On Jun 05, 2019
armadeo:

Cant remember the horror movie I saw that I had to put on cartoons that night before I could sleep.

I dont do horror anymore. I just avoid it.

Lol star cast of your very own horror movie.
Guy, e be like sey I even get mind pass you grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by error4040: 6:18pm On Jun 05, 2019
Octopusssy:
Aunty Spam Butt has released you grin
grin e no easy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
Forreellinc:

grin guy na horror movie I was even expecting a more crazy explanation for where the dopplegangers came from.

First of all is it the agalazi black panther goofy dad you want to have a gun or the drunk white family?
Secondly they were visiting their vacation houses which I don't think it will be wise to carry their guns along considering how police get with things like that and knowing jordan peele, the movie was an allegory how the rich silence and oppress the poor with their wealth and resources (the rich being the normal people and the poor/homeless being the clones) that's why their weapons were golf clubs and boats and suvs synonymous to luxury

Well there was a title card in the beginning where they said there are over a million abandoned tunnels in america besides,I won't be surprised if american gov't once tried to control humans using clones, they have the resources and they Are crazy enough to do that

Nah guy watch it again and concentrate on the story he is telling ignore the violence and the plot and I promise you will be thrilled

You see you don dey get am small small watch it again
Touche. Everything you wrote was jumping out at me as I watched the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 6:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
mekaprime:

I never knew, i thought he had an Oscar under his belt.
Unfortunately, he doesn't.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2019
Airyprince:
almost done 4 more to go
Men, you day vex ooo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by error4040: 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
Octopusssy:
Hereditary gave me nightmares, so I know where you're coming from.
Lmao The Above image still gives me Goosebumps

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2019
Forreellinc:

;
I still maintain it was poorly written & here are my reasons.

According to the 2017 world wide civilian firearms ownership, United States of America civilians owned 393,347,000. In April and May 2018, U.S. civilians bought 4.7 million guns, which is more than all the firearms stockpiled by the United States military. Also, Between 2012 and 2017, U.S. civilians bought 135 million guns, 2 million more guns than the combined stockpile of all the world's armed forces. . With the above statists, it'll be impossible for a drunk white or a successful black hefty nigger not to own one.
Secondly they were visiting their vacation houses which I don't think it will be wise to carry their guns along considering how police get with things like that
They necessarily don't have to carry it along, they should probably have kept in their vacation house for protection.

and knowing jordan peele, the movie was an allegory how the rich silence and oppress the poor with their wealth and resources (the rich being the normal people and the poor/homeless being the clones) that's why their weapons were golf clubs and boats and suvs synonymous to luxury
said something similar to this at the end of my review.

Well there was a title card in the beginning where they said there are over a million abandoned tunnels in america

The doppelgangers, million of 'em were living in abandoned tunnels in america and for once, nobody from the surface ever ventured into the tunnels either for fun or for maintenance work, so nobody ever saw nothing all those years?? I quite get the allegory jordan peele was trying to pitch here, but they could have done a better job with the idea.
besides,I won't be surprised if american gov't once tried to control humans using clones, they have the resources and they Are crazy enough to do that

If your reference to clones is solely based on the movie then what you've just said is on point,but if you're referring to the real world application, I'm sorry to inform you that as for human cloning we haven't gotten there yet, it's probably a long term futuristic project & besides, it's banned in most countries, at least, i know In the United States, fifteen states prohibit reproductive cloning of any kind.

I get the story & the message jordan peele was trying to pass across, but i still think it fell short in quite a number of ways & wasn't as good as his other work Get out, abi i lie??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2019
Minority report..

Everything else was great
Apart from the pre-cog setup murder vision of John, and the setup it self angry
These science fiction movies can't seem to piece everything perfectly together

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2019
error4040:

Lmao
The Above image still gives me Goosebumps
You're nasty sad

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:21pm On Jun 05, 2019
mekaprime:

Are you kidding, 3/10?? are you sure that person isn't a fanboy. Abeg oo, that flick is highly anticipated by me, no give me heart attack.
lol saw other reviews too bro and it was pretty bad, imagine That Dead Last stand been better than it. RT rating is currently at 22%.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
oyaskii:
lol saw other reviews too bro and it was pretty bad, imagine That Dead Last stand been better than it. RT rating is currently at 22%.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
Hulu:
[color=#006600][/color]

Have u seen kingdom based on Japanese Anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMTiFyDZmfc
Nope, the only Hollywood adapted anime I might watch is Naruto
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:44pm On Jun 05, 2019
mekaprime:

Abeg, Tom Cruise doesn't deserve any Oscar win jare, the dude is just stereotyped to the action genre. If it's those who deserves or ought to have won an Oscar, then it should be the likes of Edward Norton, Joaquin Phoenix, Jonny Depp, Brad Pitt ,Robert Downey Jr. And If care is not taken, i fear winning an Oscar might elude some of them, the same way it eluded the likes of Harrison Ford, Liam Neeson(For his performance in Schindler's List).

IMO, while Schindler's List deserved and won 7 Oscar awards, Liam's portrayal of Schindler was not too 'wowing' as to win an Oscar award. The storyline, the directing and general brilliance of the film (using black and white format to tell the story) were the main ingredients that made that movie a classic, not Liam's acting.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2019
JeromeBlack:
Wow, I left this thread 11 days ago. Since then, the thread has gained only 20 pages. That is less than 2 pages per day.

grin

Before, we could enter 5 pages in one day....

Where are my home boys koicereloaded and alexistaiwo aka kazeem?

Abeg, I have an idea for a new thread!

Welcome back. I missed you and your craziness, bro. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
Unionised:

Terminator I.... you mean 65/10 abi?
no....i mean 165/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
oyaskii:

There goes my hope of it being worth going to the cinema.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:59pm On Jun 05, 2019
The rating for Dark Phoenix is so discouraging. 20%.Jesu Kristi!! Marvel don begin fall my hands. First, Captain Marvel, now, Dark Phoenix. Na wa o.

Las las, na to wait for Hobbs and Shaw.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Slowmojay(m): 9:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
To me Robert D Jnr's most Oscar worthy performance was "The Judge" (2014).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by error4040: 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2019
Octopusssy:
You're nasty sad
YOLO
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Brownhypo: 9:12pm On Jun 05, 2019
Godzilla 2 (Legend of monsters).
5/10

(1) (2) (3) ... (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) ... (3871) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.