Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,343 members, 7,913,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 12:49 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3925733 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) ... (3888) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2019
hulk616:
you are like white crayon to us
In the end you can't live without masturbating on my moniker? undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
iuwe:
In the end you can't live without masturbating on my moniker? undecided
angry angry carry your m**-#;+_!$(#($! Talk away from me. angry angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
abduleez1:

I tell you. Omo the thing just weak me. No competition at all. Even Universal that showed some grit is seemingly weak now. Disney sweeping it all the way.

Definitely Disney's year, they might even get up to 9 movies in top ten, possibly even 10/10. We are not even talking Malificient 2, Star Wars , Frozen 2. The competition doesn't even come close. Only movie that's going to come in between them is gonna be Hobbs and Shaw.

It was Disney summer but it won't be Disney year. Granted they may have the top 3 if not 5 but 9/10 or 10/10 is just future impossible tense.

The last jumanji made almost a billion, and it went head to head against TLJ which came after the renowned and highest domestic grosser SW: TFAs, save A star wars story of late May. This year SW is marred with controversies and the division TLJ created but yes we have seen movies with tons of controversies hits high figures this year(CM and Aladdin). Maleficent 2 is not a contender for top 10 like frozen 2 and SW but that is it for Disney this year.

WB's IT: Chapter 2 is tracking to open up as high as $136 - 150m. Making it the highest opening weekend for an R-rated flick currently held by Deadpool, IT has the highest opening weekend for a horror genre at $123.4m. Granted it is almost impossible for an R-rated horror movie to hit a billion but let's see what might/might not happen.

Mind you Spider-Man Far From Home is a Sony movie and the fifth highest grosser for this year behind Endgame, CM, (Toy Story 4 and the L.K for future gross)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2019
hulk616:
angry angry carry your m**-#;+_!$(#($! Talk away from me. angry angry
Tears of the little one
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
iuwe:
Tears of the little one
go and prepare for your post jamb grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 30, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 30, 2019
hulk616:
go and prepare for your post jamb grin grin
What was your score in English this Jamb? Knowing how difficult it is to you undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
for our dc fanatics

back in the days when all marvel had was a crappy spiderman cartoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OZKOJ8_Big

take that, MCU!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2019
iuwe:
What was your score in English this Jamb? Knowing how difficult it is to you undecided

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2019
iuwe:
What was your score in English this Jamb? Knowing how difficult is you undecided
I didn't do jamb undecided because it was too easy for my IQ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
ornicus:
for our dc fanatics

back in the days when all marvel had was a crappy spiderman cartoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OZKOJ8_Big

take that, MCU!

undecided undecided undecided angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2019
ornicus:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Wow, little one corrected the mistake i intentionally made. grin grin

Good for you, God is still saying something

Modified: My bad, little one couldn't see the errors grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
hulk616:
I didn't do jamb undecided because it was too easy for my IQ
Someone wrote it for you? shocked shocked shocked

Come on, it couldn't be that difficult cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 30, 2019
hulk616:
undecided undecided undecided angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOyJqGtP-wU

what ya gonna do, watch dc? grin grin grin

nooooooo

thought so! grin grin grin

i have no stake in this ridiculous attempt at simulating first world problems

of all the things to get caught up over - comic book movie franchises grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
iuwe:
Someone wrote it for you? shocked shocked shocked

Come on, it couldn't be that difficult cry
I m not like you undecided I hope they are not helping you with post jamb.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 30, 2019
ornicus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOyJqGtP-wU

what ya gonna do, watch dc? grin grin grin

nooooooo

thought so! grin grin grin

i have no stake in this ridiculous attempt at simulating first world problems

of all the things to get caught up over - comic book movie franchises grin grin grin

grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 30, 2019
hulk616:
I m not like you undecided I hope they are not helping you with post jamb.
So you have someone writing post jamb for you? shocked shocked

Kindly write down the name of the university and the individual so i could report to the appropriate agencies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2019
iuwe:
So you have someone writing post jamb for you? shocked shocked

Kindly write down the name of the university and the individual so i could report to the appropriate agencies
I didn't write jamb. Go and read for your post jamb little one
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ijechikky(f): 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2019
Damfostopper:

Drishyam....
Alita Battle Angel 2019......
Don't Breathe 2016....
Criminal 2016.......
Unlocked 2017....
Hitman Bodyguard. 2017.....
World War Z 2013.......
Jurassic World 2018........
What Happened to Monday 2018......
Krish 3.......
Thanks alot
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ijechikky(f): 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2019
Galapagous:

1. butterfly effect
2. skeleton key
3. identity
4. predestination
5. raid redemption
6. jet li fearless
7. shawshank redemption
8. old boy
9. Spider-Man far from home
10. batman Hush.
Thank you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ijechikky(f): 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
DannyKoice:

- Alita: Battle Angel
- Whiplash
- Starred Up
- Idiocracy
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- The Prestige
- Looper
- The Guest
- The Invitation
- Hotel Mumbai
Thank you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ijechikky(f): 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2019
AntiMCU:

Superman 1978
Superman 2 1980
Batman 1989
Batman Returns 1992
Batman Forever 1995
Batman Begins 2005
The Dark Knight 2008
The Dark Knight Rises 2012
Man of Steel 2013
Wonder Woman 2017
Aquaman 2018
Shazam 2019
Watch out for The Joker too in...2019.
Trust in my list.... smiley
Jeez,Thanks any way
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ijechikky(f): 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2019
hulk616:
Please, Avoid DC related movies, if you see DC just delete it then restart your phone to remove leftover residues, because they can crush your phone.
Noted

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ijechikky(f): 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2019
hulk616:

For 2018
1-4 All marvel movies
5. toy story
6. Lion King
7. Aladdin
8. Hotel Mumbai
9. Hunter Killer
10. 12 Strong
Thank u too

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ijechikky(f): 10:04pm On Jul 30, 2019
gustav25:
any movie but run away from any DC related stuff for your own psychological safety . Consumption of Dead comics filmography has overtime been known to cause Severe brain fart and I have alot of evidence to back this up . Ie ANTIMCU, Iuwe , Minermys , Tonyspike etc
Seen wink

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
iuwe:

It was Disney summer but it won't be Disney year. Granted they may have the top 3 if not 5 but 9/10 or 10/10 is just future impossible tense.

The last jumanji made almost a billion, and it went head to head against TLJ which came after the renowned and highest domestic grosser SW: TFAs, save A star wars story of late May. This year SW is marred with controversies and the division TLJ created but yes we have seen movies with tons of controversies hits high figures this year(CM and Aladdin). Maleficent 2 is not a contender for top 10 like frozen 2 and SW but that is it for Disney this year.

WB's IT: Chapter 2 is tracking to open up as high as $136 - 150m. Making it the highest opening weekend for an R-rated flick currently held by Deadpool, IT has the highest opening weekend for a horror genre at $123.4m. Granted it is almost impossible for an R-rated horror movie to hit a billion but let's see what might/might not happen.

Mind you Spider-Man Far From Home is a Sony movie and the fifth highest grosser for this year behind Endgame, CM, (Toy Story 4 and the L.K for future gross)

Yeah, yeah. I get you. I forgot about Jumanji (tough competitor), but IT I don't have much hope for that movie. Sure it's gonna gross high but will it be enough for the top 10 spot. Presently since almost all WB movies are flopping this year. It's gonna be a surprise if it hits it's prequel $700mn gross or surpass it. Although that tracking seems pretty good but if a big movie comes out a few weeks after that I doubt it would hold its own especially if it's a Disney flick. IT hitting a billion? That's laughable. If it was another year I might not ague but this year? Nah
Only loss for Disney this year is only Dumbo so far. Even doomed to fail Alaadin isn't doing bad at all.

I know Far from Home is Sony's but most audience still classify it Marvel(which is Disney's).
Is Jumanji Paramount's or universal? I have forgotten.
Yeah, I was exaggerating when I said 9-10 top grossing movies but it is very much possible not impossible because of its from Disney and Nostalgic grabbing movies. Not much from the competition this year.
Actually they failed to compete this year. Take a look at the big names: Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Shazam, Detective Pikachu, John Wick 3, Shazam, MIB, How to train your dragon, Pets 2, Dark Phoenix, Alita, Lego movie 2 etc. No competition. The few flicks in top ten from universal and fox might be pushed out of that race.

It all boils down to just 2 movies competing in that line Hobbs and Shaw, Jumanji. And possibly IT 2. The others are jokes. Sadly even Joker seems more like a bonafide joke Box office wise unless they pull off a miracle, which of course I'm hoping for. This year has been shite for WB already.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
hulk616:
I didn't write jamb. Go and read for your post jamb little one
Little one, calling your elders without a show of respect is ill mannered. Haven't you no civility?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
@iuwe how is it not a win for Disney year round than a summer time win? Having more than half of the global top ten gross in a year is more than a win for me. Only Universal still looks to have a fight in them. The others? Ugh!!! Sony? That one na only Spiderman stories them fit sell.

Having four movies cracking over $1bn a year is more than a win, there is even a possibility for a fifth if not sixth. That's vicious!!

Next year might be a fight back from other studios but this year is lost already. Last year Disney won, and maybe WB was also successful and Sony but that's that. This year Disney is still King, I might say Emperor.

Next year doesn't even look like it's relenting or the years to come after.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
abduleez1:

Yeah, yeah. I get you. I forgot about Jumanji (tough competitor), but IT I don't have much hope for that movie. Sure it's gonna gross high but will it be enough for the top 10 spot. Presently since almost all WB movies are flopping this year. It's gonna be a surprise if it hits it's prequel $700mn gross or surpass it. Although that tracking seems pretty good but if a big movie comes out a few weeks after that I doubt it would hold its own especially if it's a Disney flick. IT hitting a billion? That's laughable. If it was another year I might not ague but this year? Nah

Not all WB movies flopped this year but rather underperformed. Disney also had some flops this year but they weren't blockbuster movies.

So, I decided to read the Stephen King's IT novel while also rewatching the 2017 IT. Believe me, if the movie is anywhere as the 27 years past time of their first encounter with pennywise from the novel, we are in for some deep sh*t and no big movie is opening 3 weeks after IT premieres.

abduleez1:
I know Far from Home is Sony's but most audience still classify it Marvel(which is Disney's).
Is Jumanji Paramount's or universal? I have forgotten.
Yeah, I was exaggerating when I said 9-10 top grossing movies but it is very much possible not impossible because of its from Disney and Nostalgic grabbing movies. Not much from the competition this year.
Actually they failed to compete this year. Take a look at the big names: Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Shazam, Detective Pikachu, John Wick 3, Shazam, MIB, How to train your dragon, Pets 2, Dark Phoenix, Alita, Lego movie 2 etc. No competition. The few flicks in top ten from universal and fox might be pushed out of that race.

Jumanji is actually Sony. John Wick 3 is a huge financial success bro, the only outright flops here are Godzilla, Dark phoenix, Alita because of their huge budgets. The rest either underperformed or simply broke even.

abduleez1:
It all boils down to just 2 movies competing in that line Hobbs and Shaw, Jumanji. And possibly IT 2. The others are jokes. Sadly even Joker seems more like a bonafide joke Box office wise unless they pull off a miracle, which of course I'm hoping for. This year has been shite for WB already.
I rather remove hobbs and Shaw. It Chapter 2 is going to be a huge success if everything goes well with the reviews. You see in setting a release date for a movie certain things are considered. IT was the movie that made September a movie month, the Joker is opening close to Halloween and this movies are under the horror targeted months of the year. Like I said before we would have to wait and see what might/might not happen.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2019
iuwe:
Little one, calling your elders without a show of respect is ill mannered. Haven't you no civility?
don't be an hypocrite. Shut up and go read your books angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 30, 2019
abduleez1:
@iuwe how is it not a win for Disney year round than a summer time win? Having more than half of the global top ten gross in a year is more than a win for me. Only Universal still looks to have a fight in them. The others? Ugh!!! Sony? That one na only Spiderman stories them fit sell.

Having four movies cracking over $1bn a year is more than a win, there is even a possibility for a fifth if not sixth. That's vicious!!

Next year might be a fight back from other studios but this year is lost already. Last year Disney won, and maybe WB was also successful and Sony but that's that. This year Disney is still King, I might say Emperor.

Next year doesn't even look like it's relenting or the years to come after.
For you to win the year, all your movies must occupy the top 10 slots. You see, Disney has won most of the season, winter, summer and fall. The only season left is spring (September to November) and they have to win 2/3 of that month to claim complete dominance this year. Unfortunately their only big movie is November's Frozen 2 and issh Maleficent of October. If Maleficent beats the joker or Zombieland 2 then Disney won the year.

In essence it is either you have all your movies in the top 10 or you win 2/3 of every season that year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) ... (3888) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.