Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,010 members, 7,886,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 03:18 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3874486 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) ... (3876) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 8:15pm On Jul 31, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

To be honest, this year is Disney's year. You can't take it from them

1. Captain marvel. -- $1bn+
2. Endgame $2.78bn+
3. Aladdin -- $1bn+
4. Lion king -- $1bn+ currently
5. Toy story -- $920m almost a billion
6. Star wars. -- potential $1bn+

No movie studio can beat this feat this year, so it's Disney's year.
star wars belong to Disney?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

In fact,it is very impressive.

I even forgot to mention frozen 2, another potential $1bn+ movie.

Disney is on top of the game this year and that's because they focus on family friendly movies. This brings money for them.

Other studios do horror or R rated movies. Disney hardly do such.
Quite true, though next year would be an even playing field for all studios. I read somewhere that they released most of their juggernauts this year in order to get enough contents for their streaming service coming next year
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
pryme:
i read online that Brat Pit whooped Bruce Lee's ass in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, if thats the case i think Tarantino has gone too far with his craziness and has crossed the line.

Just like Captain Marvel, this is also in my black list.

How is Bruce Lee cast for this movie? Is it reenactment or a look alike. Or was it an unreleased flick before Bruce died? This movie been hyped All around the internet since this week.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2019
abduleez1:

Nope. How about it.

Y does it sound Korean-ish

Warrior is an action packed, martial arts themed drama set in 19 century Chinatown, San Francisco, USA.

The fight scenes in this show are all fantastically done, very visceral and brutal. It's an extremely entertaining show.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2019
joseph1832:
star wars belong to Disney?

Lol. Yes na. It's owned by LucasFilm which is Disney's.
Disney bought them some years back After acquiring Marvel in 2008/9
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2019
abduleez1:

Lol. Yes na. It's owned by LucasFilm which is Disney's.
Disney bought them some years back After acquiring Marvel in 2008/9
ha! I've always believed Star Wars belong to George Lucas oh Chai!.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:35pm On Jul 31, 2019
iuwe:
Quite true, though next year would be an even playing field for all studios. I read somewhere that they released most of their juggernauts this year in order to get enough contents for their streaming service coming next year

Quite true bro. I saw a Reddit user saying they over released their Big Guns this year, saying Alaadin and Lion King was not necessary. Mtchew, so na because of Disney +

Yep. Next year is gonna be Quite competitive for them, some are even tipping WB. To me 2020 onwards will even be tougher with WB strengthening it's DC offers and Fantastic beasts universe. There's also Horror juggernaut franchise: Conjuring.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:35pm On Jul 31, 2019
abduleez1:

The Boys ??
Lol. Tey tey, since on Monday. The series make sense die!!
Really mature and realistic portrayal of how real life superhero figures should be. Its more or less a dystopian superhero society show.

I give it an 8/10

As in I hope season 2 will make sense too.

It was given the green light even before season 1 aired.

Hopefully early next year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2019
DannyKoice:

When They See Us is probably the hardest thing I have watched this year. It's an emotional rollercoaster, and will make you hate white people.

Since I discovered Wentworth (an Aussie more gritty women prison tv show), I haven't had much time for OiTNB.

I will see this soon. Downloading tomorrow.

I want to start money heist 3. I was a bit tired so I stopped. Now to the game.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CTPlayer: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Warrior is an action packed, martial arts themed drama set in 19 century Chinatown, San Francisco, USA.

The fight scenes in this show are all fantastically done, very visceral and brutal. It's an extremely entertaining show.

Hmm, I see. Probably this one gonna replace Into the Badlands then, plugging my martial arts content deficit.
I like brutal and epic fight scenes done properly not all those Chinese jet li type where a character will jump 50 storey buildings at a go.

Omo guy, u seem to be overwatching tv shows. Do you have time for Movies that much. U seem way invested in series. I kinda forgot I one saw u comment that u preferred tv series because of its world building and storyline, characters fully fledged and developed and unrushed unlike 2hr movies. Ain't that you??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2019
abduleez1:

Hmm, I see. Probably this one gonna replace Into the Badlands then, plugging my martial arts content deficit.
I like brutal and epic fight scenes done properly not all those Chinese jet li type where a character will jump 50 storey buildings at a go.

Omo guy, u seem to be overwatching tv shows. Do you have time for Movies that much. U seem way invested in series. I kinda forgot I one saw u comment that u preferred tv series because of its world building and storyline, characters fully fledged and developed and unrushed unlike 2hr movies. Ain't that you??

Yeah, that's me. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CTPlayer: 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2019
abduleez1:

Yea, true that. Have u seen 13 hours: secret soldiers of Benghazi. The movie was talking about the US consulate attack in the Libyan city shortly after Ghadaffi was killed, which eventually led to the death of the US ambassador, was it Chris Stevens or so? . Man, it was annoying when some people supposed to render help was stalling. It was a true life event. It seemed as if the whole country Libya was in cohorts with the terrorists.

It is a good movie, worth the watch. The guys that were there gave a lot of input for the script.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2019
armadeo:

As in I hope season 2 will make sense too.

It was given the green light even before season 1 aired.

Hopefully early next year.

I hope so too bro. I pray this doesn't take long before a season 2 release.

Amazon prime seem to have some good offerings. JACK RYAN I watched a month ago was really good. Sadly I haven't heard of any Season 2 offering.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2019
abduleez1:

Amazon prime seem to have some good offerings. JACK RYAN I watched a month ago was really good. Sadly I haven't heard of any Season 2 offering.

Isnt that shadow recruit.

I think it was last year I saw that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2019
abduleez1:

Yea, true that. Have u seen 13 hours: secret soldiers of Benghazi. The movie was talking about the US consulate attack in the Libyan city shortly after Ghadaffi was killed, which eventually led to the death of the US ambassador, was it Chris Stevens or so? . Man, it was annoying when some people supposed to render help was stalling. It was a true life event. It seemed as if the whole country Libya was in cohorts with the terrorists.
It's a very intense action-packed adrenaline surger. One of the better Michael Bay's movies IMO. It also gave us this iconic quote:

"Payback is a Bitch and her stripper name is Karma."

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CTPlayer: 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2019
Galapagous:

1. butterfly effect
2. skeleton key
3. identity
4. predestination
5. raid redemption
6. jet li fearless
7. shawshank redemption
8. old boy
9. Spider-Man far from home
10. batman Hush.

Skeleton Key is really good.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2019
abduleez1:

Go see Homecoming from Amazon Prime. It's really good.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2019
armadeo:

Isnt that shadow recruit.

I think it was last year I saw that.

Nope not Shadow Recruit, that's Chris Pine take on the character and it's a movie not a series.

Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan is the name of the Series. Casted by John Krasinski

Maybe u mixed it up??

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Yeah, that's me. cheesy

Oh is see. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2019
abduleez1:

Quite true bro. I saw a Reddit user saying they over released their Big Guns this year, saying Alaadin and Lion King was not necessary. Mtchew, so na because of Disney +

Yep. Next year is gonna be Quite competitive for them, some are even tipping WB. To me 2020 onwards will even be tougher with WB strengthening it's DC offers and Fantastic beasts universe. There's also Horror juggernaut franchise: Conjuring.
One thing about Disney is that they have limited but juggernaut movies/franchise, just marvel, star wars and pixar though pixar are planning to rejuvenate their gallery with new movies but let's see it their coming release ONWARD would be successful. Their live action movies coming up are not so popular and anticipated save isshly Mulan.

It is smart they now have Avatar.

WB on the other hand have a lot of franchise but lacks the creativity to utilize them. Imagine having DC heroes, potters franchise, Lord of the rings, conjuring, monster universe, gaming verse (mortal Kombat, Pokemon, Zelda, Mario Bros etc) almost half of the japanese animation, but can't use them well.

The only saving grace WB has is the HBO streaming service, though they are getting their own streaming service Warner media in 2021 and people are tipping it to be more successful than Netflix and Disney+
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:44pm On Jul 31, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

It's a very intense action-packed adrenaline surger. One of the better Michael Bay's movies IMO. It also gave us this iconic quote:

"Payback is a Bitch and her stripper name is Karma."

Yeeeaaahhhh!! Loved that quote from that corny guy. So that movie was directed by Michael Bay?? Or is it producer role?? Wow I'm surprised.

But one thing I didn't get in the movie was why were the Ex- Soldiers giving those insurgents chance to regroup and plan next attack. Probably cause it was a foreign soil, uncertainty if they were hostiles or not and no authorization from above. but for me ooo so far u are an Hostile OGBENI I dey shoot u on SIGHT!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Go see Homecoming from Amazon Prime. It's really good.

Lol. Is this one Spider-Man or what? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2019
CTPlayer:

As in eh, the movie was just too good. have I seen OLD BOY?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CTPlayer: 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2019
Galapagous:

As in eh, the movie was just too good. have I seen OLD BOY?

Yes I have, Old Boy is really good!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:02pm On Jul 31, 2019
abduleez1:

Nope not Shadow Recruit, that's Chris Pine take on the character and it's a movie not a series.

Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan is the name of the Series. Casted by John Krasinski

Maybe u mixed it up??

I've seen that too. The black guy in suits was there if a remember correctly.

It was also last year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2019
CTPlayer:

You're welcome
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2019
iuwe:
One thing about Disney is that they have limited but juggernaut movies/franchise, just marvel, star wars and pixar though pixar are planning to rejuvenate their gallery with new movies but let's see it their coming release ONWARD would be successful. Their live action movies coming up are not so popular and anticipated save isshly Mulan.

It is smart they now have Avatar.

WB on the other hand have a lot of franchise but lacks the creativity to utilize them. Imagine having DC heroes, potters franchise, Lord of the rings, conjuring, monster universe, gaming verse (mortal Kombat, Pokemon, Zelda, Mario Bros etc) almost half of the japanese animation, but can't use them well.

The only saving grace WB has is the HBO streaming service, though they are getting their own streaming service Warner media in 2021 and people are tipping it to be more successful than Netflix and Disney+

Mulan is kinda Controversial recently. To me it's a crime for a single corporation to have Biggies such as Pixar, LucasFilm and Marvel. I don't know why Entertainment Monopoly prevention rights law didn't stop this mate(I mean why did they allow Fox to be bought) this is Monopoly all the way with that Disney has control of over 40% control of market share if not more.

That Fox Avatar Acquisition mehn got me SMH.

WB is just one dumb studio mate, their present exec is smoking some kush I want in. Imagine all those franchises mate, LoTr, Harry Potter,etc. They are just fucking DC up. I heard Mortal Kombat is coming out 2021, not sure how that gonna pan out, don't know if it's still in the works.

Yea, probably cos they got HBO and GoT that's y they ain't bothered much. Yea heard about the new streaming platform from Warner Media. I still don't understand why run 3 different parallel streaming services simultaneously: HBO max, DC universe and the upcoming one? How sensible is that, maybe one day they might combine all don't know.

True it's new streaming service seems it's gonna be successful, even successful than Disney's but Netflix? I don't know. But WB ain't no joke though. Many peeps competing for Netflix's throne
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2019
armadeo:

I've seen that too. The black guy in suits was there if a remember correctly.

It was also last year.

Yea, true. I've seen the Chris Pine's one but didn't complete watching it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

So brad Pitt defeated Bruce Lee in this film? This must be a joke seriously. Its annoying just reading this.

Do you think its worth watching at the cinema?
Lol. Defeated? Bruh, this is not actor vs boz. There was a context. See the film first and then pass judgement but remember this is not a documentary, it is a movie from the same writer-director who made a movie about Hitler getting blown to smitherens in a cinema.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 10:37pm On Jul 31, 2019
Fastest fingers.

Happy New month smiley

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2019
Clubmaster:
Fastest fingers.

Happy New month smiley

Guy u Don MAYA oo undecided cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) ... (3876) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.