Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,157 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:44 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3877201 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) ... (3876) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WetSmoke: 10:45am On Aug 24, 2019
I can't download from toxic wap what's happening?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 10:57am On Aug 24, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

This is Screenrant ffs. One of the best movie blogging websites out there, along with Deadline and HollywoodReporter. Stop trying to discredit any solid article that doesn't agree with your views. You did it in the Book of Eli, and you're doing it again.
unlike you I don't rely on movie blogs to form an opinion bro. I watch a movie and form my opinion based on what I observe in the movie. Afterall, we all can't have the same opinion about the same thing.
You should direct the bolded at yourself since you're the one that said, and I quote;

" Anakin Skywalker brought balance to the force by destroying Darth Sidious..."

I'm bored with this discussion... it's going nowhere and, to be frank, it's much ado about nothing. What's the point of debating this when the only Star War film that will conclusively settle the matter is but a few months away? The Rise of Skywalker will premiere in December, and until then, everyone could be the chosen one, Rey, Kylo, et al.
Exactly. He destroyed the Sith until the producers decided to get greedy and continue the franchise. Same thing they want to do with The Matrix.

Don't be surprise if The rise of Skywalker get the same treatment Solo got at the cinemas.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2019
joseph1832:
unlike you I don't rely on movie blogs to form an opinion bro. I watch a movie and form my opinion based on what I observe in the movie. Afterall, we all can't have the same opinion about the same thing.
True, but when you find yourself perpetually arguing against the grain, perhaps the problem is not from everyone else, perhaps the problem is from you?

I don't need a movie blog to form an opinion since they usually agree with mine.

joseph1832:

Exactly. He destroyed the Sith until the producers decided to get greedy and continue the franchise. Same thing they want to do with The Matrix.

Don't be surprise if The rise of Skywalker get the same treatment Solo got at the cinemas.

Solo is a standalone spinoff like Roque One, and thus, is independent of the main plot lines - the sequel trilogy.

Furthermore, Rise of Skywalker is the conclusion of the sequel trilogy. If any loose ends are going to be tied, they will get tied in this film.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2019
It's difficult to know who the chosen one really is. Qui gon Jin was convinced that Anakin was the chosen one and him being the one who killed Darth sidious made it look like it's true. But then again, Obi wan Kenobi told Darth Maul that Luke Skywalker was the chosen one before killing him. And Luke also played a role in dispatching Darth sidious too. And you can't rule out the possibility that Rey could also be the Chosen one, the Light saber called to her and chose her. So it's really confusing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2019
Nova15:
It's difficult to know who the chosen one really is. Qui gon Jin was convinced that Anakin was the chosen one and him being the one who killed Darth sidious made it look like it's true. But then again, Obi wan Kenobi told Darth Maul that Luke Skywalker was the chosen one before killing him. And Luke also played a role in dispatching Darth sidious too. And you can't rule out the possibility that Rey could also be the Chosen one, the Light saber called to her and chose her. So it's really confusing.
Exactly. No one knows for sure.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2019
I have never seen any star wars movie or cartoon, everything is just looking like gibberish to me.

The way I am skipping posts ehnnnn grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:27am On Aug 24, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

True, but when you find yourself perpetually arguing against the grain, perhaps the problem is not from everyone else, perhaps the problem is from you?

I don't need a movie blog to form an opinion since they usually agree with mine.
we all have eyes, but we see differently. Remember not everyone has depth and not everyone is shallow minded.
Solo is a standalone spinoff like Roque One, and thus, is independent of the main plot lines - the sequel trilogy.

Furthermore, Rise of Skywalker is the conclusion of the sequel trilogy. If any loose ends are going to be tied, they will get tied in this film.
or so we thought Return of the Jedi was the last in the trilogy until the producers decided otherwise.

I've come to notice that with Hollywood, there's always a story to tell.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 24, 2019
alexistaiwo:
I have never seen any star wars movie or cartoon, everything is just looking like gibberish to me.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 24, 2019
joseph1832:
or so we thought Return of the Jedi was the last in the trilogy until the producers decided otherwise.

Umn... no. It was never the case. In the beginning, I knew there will the three Star Wars movies, cuz they called it a sequel trilogy. They planned for three main movies with 2-3 standalones on the side.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:33am On Aug 24, 2019
Nova15:
the bolded is nonsense. Lightsabers don't do that. All that is just movie antics.

I'm confused as to when Obi Wan Kenobi told Darth Maul Luke Skywalker was the chosen one? Because when Obi wan dueled Darth Maul, Luke wasn't even conceived yet. So I'm lost.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 11:33am On Aug 24, 2019
alexistaiwo:

shocked oh really?
Is it that you don't like it or you haven't had the opportunity to see it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Umn... no. It was never the case. I knew there will the three Star Wars movies in the beginning, cuz they called it a sequel trilogy. They planned for three main movies in the beginning with 2-3 standalones on the side.
you knew this since 1983? I don't understand because return of the Jedi came out in 1983.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 11:37am On Aug 24, 2019
joseph1832:
the bolded is nonsense. Lightsabers don't do that. All that is just movie antics.

I'm confused as to when Obi Wan Kenobi told Darth Maul Luke Skywalker was the chosen one? Because when Obi wan dueled Darth Maul, Luke wasn't even conceived yet. So I'm lost.

Obi wan duelled with Maul many times. But the last duel where he finally killed Maul on tatooine, he admitted that Luke was the chosen one.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 24, 2019
joseph1832:
you knew this since 1983? I don't understand because return of the Jedi came out in 1983.

Oh I misread it as The Last Jedi. My bad.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2019
Nova15:

Obi wan duelled with Maul many times. But the last duel where he finally killed Maul on tatooine, he admitted that Luke was the chosen one.
am I missing something here. Which star wars episode is this please?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 11:41am On Aug 24, 2019
joseph1832:
am I missing something here. Which star wars episode is this please?

Star Wars Rebels
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 24, 2019
joseph1832:

Of course, there will always be a story to tell. Consumers are never satisfied. After The Rise of Skywalker, The rumor is that the entire franchise will be rebooted.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:42am On Aug 24, 2019
Nova15:

Star Wars Rebels
I see.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 24, 2019
I don't know where to start.

Once asked for recommendations about the franchise here and the general consensus is that it is hit and miss.

Nova15:

shocked oh really?
Is it that you don't like it or you haven't had the opportunity to see it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:44am On Aug 24, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Of course, there will always be story to tell. Consumers are never satisfied. After The Rise of Skywalker, The rumor is that the entire franchise will be rebooted.
why am I not surprise. Until star wars fail at the box office, this people will never learn never to mess with The force. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:45am On Aug 24, 2019
alexistaiwo:

Once asked for recommendations about the franchise here and the general consensus is that it is hit and miss.

don't bother watching it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 24, 2019
alexistaiwo:

This is true. You either like it very much or you despise it. There is no middle ground. If space operas is your thing, you'll have a blast watching everything.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2019
joseph1832:
why am I not surprise. Until star wars fail at the box office, this people will never learn never to mess with The force. grin

The thing is the franchise will ever fail. Disney are masters at giving consumers what they like. Fan service 101.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2019
I am still stuck in the first movie of the Star Wars franchise for more than a year. The 1977 movie. I watched the first 30 minutes and dozed off.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:50am On Aug 24, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The thing is the franchise will ever fail. Disney are masters at giving consumers what they like. Fan service 101.
if this is true what happened with Solo?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 24, 2019
joseph1832:
if this is true what happened with Solo?

Solo is a one off. Fans didn't want a Solo story. Still a fun movie and doesn't deserve the boycott.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 11:53am On Aug 24, 2019
Ishilove:
I am still stuck in the first movie of the Star Wars franchise for more than a year. The 1977 movie. I watched the first 30 minutes and dozed off.

Maybe "space operas" isn't your thing. grin
Try starting from Episode 1 Phantom Menace. Maybe you'll might grow interest.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:53am On Aug 24, 2019
Ishilove:
you dozed off because you've not been well trained in the ways of The Force. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 24, 2019
Ishilove:

Lolz. It's either you hate it or you like it, no inbetween.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Solo is a one off. Fans didn't want a Solo story. Still a fun movie and doesn't deserve the boycott.
Solo failed bro, that's the truth of it. The success of rogue one made the producers believe there could actually be a star wars story without the Jedi or Sith stealing the show, forgetting that in Rogue One, a Sith stole the show the moment he appeared.

KoiceReloaded, even I screamed and cheered the sith lord at the cinema. grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 24, 2019
joseph1832:
Solo failed bro, that's the truth of it. The success of rogue one made the producers believe there could actually be a star wars story without the Jedi or Sith stealing the show, forgetting that in Rogue One, a Sith stole the show the moment he appeared.

KoiceReloaded, even I screamed and cheered the sith lord at the cinema. grin cheesy

That Darth Vader cameo na the high point of the film. He made light work of the resistance. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 12:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

That Darth Vader cameo na the high point of the film. He made light work of the resistance. grin
Cheers bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) ... (3876) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.