Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:31 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3851519 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) ... (3871) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 25, 2019
Cheers01:
Koicereloaded!

I am a proud man, who prides himself in research and intelligence. But you computer geeks have shattered my confidence with your terminologies (I mean, what the f4ck is an overclocked 3.45Ghz RAM?). In short, I need your help for a computer issue.

I need a computer for video editing. 4k videos. In short, I need a powerful computer. Funny enough, video editing is like gaming and so, I need a very good computer with memory and good graphics.

Now, i tried searching for laptops but they are very expensive. I would have to buy a $2,000 laptop just to get 16gb ram, 240gb SSD, a good nvidia graphics card (4GB vram) and new generation intel i5 or i7. So, I'm settling for PC. Note that I intend to buy from the UK. Trump deported my connect in America grin

I need your help building a PC worthy of PC masterrace. So here are my questions

1. Are cheap offbrand graphics card any good? eg 4GB Vram Graphics card

2. What intel generation should I buy to handle 4k videos? i7 or 15 3rd gen, 4th gen, 8th gen? AMD?

3. What the heck is Ryzen?

4. Why does every youtuber talk as if everyone has $2,000 to spend on a pc system?

5. Am I going mad? Jesus, I am confused.

1. Like in everything, there are risks in buying a graphic card that goes for cheap and unbranded. You could get a look alike like Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 4gb with identical specifications on the outside, but inferior specs on the inside. I'll advice you to go for branded. There are fairly used ones around that could cost half the price of a new one. To spot the original, check for Scalable Link Interface (SLI) port, 6 pin, 8 pin power port, and display port output. A fake will often has only 6 pin power port, no SLI port and no display port.

2. Most mid to high-end laptops in recent years can play 4K videos. The minimum Intel cpu that can play 4K smoothly is a 4th generation Intel Core i5-4440S.

3. Ryzen is just a series of high end CPU from AMD (Intel's desktop CPU maker rival).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 25, 2019
Raalsalghul:
How the Bleep did Mel Gibson film Apocalypto?

Saw some parts of it while having some drinks at a bar.

Wasn't even paying attention to the story.

The costumes, language, rawness, accuracy, culture, visceral nature and everyother thing wowed me.

It's one thing to feature a cast of indigenes and another to have them walk naked.

Haven't seen it completely yet: perhaps another day.

Heading over to IMDB and Wiki to read on its production.

Meanwhile, what does Alfonso Cuaron and Alejandro Inarittu Gonzalez have to do to be considered great directors: not just good?

Just finished seeing Childen of Men with Cuaron in the director's chair.

These 2 guys together with Mel Gibson don't get enough credit.

I don't mean awards now.

Mel Gibson reputation is bogged down by this racist history.

Alfonso Cuaron and Alejandro Inarittu Gonzalez are bogged down for being native Spanish speakers in an Anglo-centric film industry. Alejandro Inarittu Gonzalez has broken through the stigma in recent years though.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 11:45am On Aug 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Mel Gibson reputation is bogged down by this racist history.

Alfonso Cuaron and Alejandro Inarittu Gonzalez are bogged down for being native Spanish speakers in an Anglo-centric film industry. Alejandro Inarittu Gonzalez has broken through the stigma in recent years though.

True!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
You haven't seen Apocalypto?

What the hell have you been watching?

Raalsalghul:
How the Bleep did Mel Gibson film Apocalypto?

Saw some parts of it while having some drinks at a bar.

Wasn't even paying attention to the story.

The costumes, language, rawness, accuracy, culture, visceral nature and everyother thing wowed me.

It's one thing to feature a cast of indigenes and another to have them walk naked.

Haven't seen it completely yet: perhaps another day.

Heading over to IMDB and Wiki to read on its production.

Meanwhile, what does Alfonso Cuaron and Alejandro Inarittu Gonzalez have to do to be considered great directors: not just good?

Just finished seeing Childen of Men with Cuaron in the director's chair.

These 2 guys together with Mel Gibson don't get enough credit.

I don't mean awards now.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2019
Khaytunechi:

Hello, is it a novel or an autobiography of sort? How can I get a copy of this please.
It's a TV series.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2019
Movie News...

- Netflix's Breaking Bad movie, El Camino, starring Aaron Paul (Jesse Pinkman), will debut on 11th October.
- Kit Harington (Jon Snow) will be part of the main cast for Marvel's The Eternals.
- Black Panther II Set for May 6, 2022 release date
- Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow) tops Forbes' list of highest-paid actresses for second consecutive year.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 25, 2019
The Dark Knight trilogy has some of the most grounded, realistic, and relatable villains in the history of superhero movies. Their ideologies ain't that batshit when you think about it.

- Ra's al Ghul
- Joker
- Bane
- Harvey Dent
- Scarecrow

All human beings, with no special powers or attributes, that had had to rely on their intelligence, will. perseverance and cunning to bring Gotham to her knees at some point, with Joker and Bane being the ones to create the most havoc. We need more villains like these, villains we can all relate to.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
The Dark Knight trilogy has some of the most grounded, realistic, and relatable villains in the history of superhero movies. Their ideologies ain't that batshit when you think about it.

- Ra's al Ghul
- Joker
- Bane
- Harvey Dent
- Scarecrow

All human beings with no special powers or attributes, that had had to rely on their intelligence, will. perseverance and cunning to bring Gotham to her knees at some point, with Joker and Bane being there ones to create the most havoc.
Christopher Nolan created a masterpiece, the Buildup of from Batman Begins to TDKR was top notch. Everything was so spot on...ps the intro scene to TDK and TDKR are one of the finest i have ever seen.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2019
oyaskii:
Christopher Nolan created a masterpiece, the Buildup of from Batman Begins to TDKR was top notch. Everything was so spot on...ps the intro scene to TDK and TDKR are one of the finest i have ever seen.

You can say that again. The character/plot development and continuity were first class. Batman Begins set up TDK, and TDK sets up TDKR, and so on. The consequences of Batman's actions in Batman Begins were felt in TDK, and TDKR respectively. For instance, the criminal elements of Gotham would never have hired Joker if Batman wasn't exceedingly successful in stifling their activities, Bane would never have invaded Gotham if Ra's al were alive, Rachel Dawes would never have become romantically entangled with Harvey Dent, thus, dying in a bomb meant for Harvey, if Bruce had settled down with her instead of pursuing his vigilante alter ego, etc.

It was really a spectacular trilogy that played the long game, and tied loose ends really well. A masterpiece indeed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

You can say that again. The character/plot development and continuity were first class. Batman Begins set up TDK, and TDK sets up TDKR, and so on. The consequences of Batman's actions in Batman Begins were felt in TDK, and TDKR respectively. For instance, the criminal elements of Gotham would never have hired Joker if Batman wasn't exceedingly successful in stifling their activities, Bane would never have invaded Gotham if Ra's al were alive, Rachel Dawes would never have become romantically entangled with Harvey Dent, thus, dying in a bomb meant for Harvey, if Bruce had settled down with her instead of pursuing his vigilante alter ego, etc.

It was really a spectacular trilogy that played the long game, and tied loose ends really well. A masterpiece indeed.
The best of its kind.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
If any director can do special effects, then it's James Cameron!
Saw The Abyss recently.
For a 1989 film, the effects still hold up even till today.
Haven't seen an under water film so big in scope like this one.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jmanity: 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2019
"Close" 2019....Nice movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

- Ra's al Ghul
- Joker
- Bane
- Harvey Dent
- Scarecrow

All human beings, with no special powers or attributes, that had had to rely on their intelligence, will. perseverance and cunning to bring Gotham to her knees at some point, with Joker and Bane being the ones to create the most havoc. We need more villains like these, villains we can all relate to.

Ok. About to start this tonight. Might see the first 2.

Anyway quote of yesterday ' just as I was about to shoot I got struck by lightening and bitten by a cobra". Lol toh need to see that rubbish. Its hilarious.

Today's movie ( name it )

2 quotes

1. Do you know what nemesis means ?

2. It had previously occurred to me that the gypsy took the demise of his mother rather lightly. ....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by acedsportsng: 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

- Ra's al Ghul
- Joker
- Bane
- Harvey Dent
- Scarecrow

I'm not a fan of batman so I've not watched any of his movies.

I'm planning on starting tonight.

But what year was the first movie because I searched and saw a movie of way back '89
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 25, 2019
acedsportsng:

But what year was the first movie because I searched and saw a movie of way back '89

- Batman Begins (2005)
- The Dark Knight (2008)
- The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

- Batman Begins (2005)
- The Dark Knight (2008)

Theres the one of batman
Batman returns
Batman forever
Batman and Robin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
armadeo:

Theres the one of batman
Batman returns
Batman forever
Batman and Robin

Those ones are rubbish, they don't really count. As far as I'm concern, Batman started with Batman Begins (2005), and ended with TDKR (2012).

Hopefully, the new Batman movie (2021), starring Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman, won't be utter pish.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Those ones are rubbish, they don't really count. As far as I'm concern, Batman started with Batman Begins (2005), and ended with TDKR (2012).

Hopefully, the new Batman trilogy starring Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman, won't be utter pish.

Well it was almost comic like then cos the people interested will be kids
So it had to be childish.

As we grew older we could handle a more violent batman ...

P.s did you know the joker ( jack nicholson) was once the highest paid actor of all time for batman ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 25, 2019
armadeo:

Well it was almost comic like then cos the people interested will be kids
So it had to be childish.

As we grew older we could handle a more violent batman ...

P.s did you know the joker ( jack nicholson) was once the highest paid actor of all time for batman ?

Nah, didn't know that, but I could believe it. MCU main actors are the best paid in Hollywood atm.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
Batman begins
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
Movie News...

- Netflix's Breaking Bad movie, El Camino, starring Aaron Paul (Jesse Pinkman), will debut on 11th October.
- Kit Harington (Jon Snow) will be part of the main cast for Marvel's The Eternals.
- Black Panther II Set for May 6, 2022 release date
- Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow) tops Forbes' list of highest-paid actresses for second consecutive year.
Scam!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Hopefully, the new Batman movie (2021), starring Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman, won't be utter pish.
I like me my Keaton's batman.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Nah, didn't know that, but I could believe it. MCU main actors are the best paid in Hollywood atm.

Jack Gets the Last Laugh
When Jack Nicholson accepted the role of the Joker in 1989's "Batman" for $6 million instead of his then-average salary of $10 million, part of the deal was that Nicholson would earn a percentage of the film's total earnings, including merchandise sales. "Batman" was an overwhelming success, grossing $411 million worldwide (or just over $500 million domestically after adjusting for inflation), and Nicholson ended up earning more than $50 million for the role.

https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0912/actors-who-got-a-share-of-film-profits.aspx

This was then though
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
acedsportsng:

Batman 1989
Batman Returns 1992
Batman Forever 1995
Batman and Robin 1997

Batman Begins 2005
The Dark Knight 2008
The Dark Knight Rises 2012
Batman V Superman 2016
Untitled Batman film 2021

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
armadeo:

Jack Gets the Last Laugh
When Jack Nicholson accepted the role of the Joker in 1989's "Batman" for $6 million instead of his then-average salary of $10 million, part of the deal was that Nicholson would earn a percentage of the film's total earnings, including merchandise sales. "Batman" was an overwhelming success, grossing $411 million worldwide (or just over $500 million domestically after adjusting for inflation), and Nicholson ended up earning more than $50 million for the role.

https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0912/actors-who-got-a-share-of-film-profits.aspx

This was then though

Didn't RDJ make the same deal for IM3?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Depends!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by acedsportsng: 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

- Batman Begins (2005)
- The Dark Knight (2008)

Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Didn't RDJ make the same deal for IM3?

Wow. I am watching your moniker now.

@ post yes he did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by acedsportsng: 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Batman 1989
Batman Returns 1992
Batman Forever 1995
Batman and Robin 1997

Batman Begins 2005
The Dark Knight 2008
The Dark Knight Rises 2012
Batman V Superman 2016
Untitled Batman film 2021

Do I really need to watch the 80's version?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

It won't be a good business for Disney if they do. For one, spending that kind of credit to buy a franchise that won't start generating revenues till a good few years isn't a good business strategy. Another, why spend billions on a single franchise when you can acquire a conglomerate the franchise is attached to? I feel Disney will be more interested in acquiring Sony Pictures Entertaining Inc, tbh.

Acquiring Fox gave them access to the X-Men, Doctor Doom, Wolverine, Deadpool, Skrull, Galactus and Silver Surfer. Acquiring Sony will likewise give them full access to Spider-Man and all the villains in the franchise.
Not possible:
1. Monopoly laws won't allow.
2. Disney are still trying to recover from Fox's purchase, haven't started reaping the profits and they want to buy another one? Not possible.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:58pm On Aug 25, 2019
acedsportsng:

Do I really need to watch the 80's version?
Yes!

You'll only appreciate the modern ones and Batman's history when you watch that of the 80/90s.

If you're willing to go back, there was a show back in the 60s. smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by chigbo25: 11:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
Mercy Johnson The Carpenter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) ... (3871) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.