Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,925 members, 7,872,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:54 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3851221 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) ... (3871) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2019
losprince:

I endorse this. The man is a mental genius. Ridiculously hilarious, and arrogantly ignorant at the same time.

8.5/10

I love his style of comedy. It's often cringe-worthy, and unconventionally hilarious.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2019
armadeo:

I think I saw the dictator and the one about him chasing some model to marry. Will check his movies out.

Hes currently starring in a series called the spy I think. Based on a true story.

That's Borat. He was chasing Pamela Anderson. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2019
Ishilove:

I would have rated it higher but it has gay overtones, so 8 it must be. grin
Sacha Baron Cohen trolls everyone in the guise of his alter egos. Gays, heterosexuals, liberals, conservatives, feminists, etc. In Bruno, he trolled the LGBTQI community just as much as he trolled everyone else. The genius of his trolling lies in getting people to reveal their true colors. The really freaky part is that he doesn’t even hide the cameras. These people know they’re being filmed, and yet, they still say and do stupid things. After which, some of them will attempt to sue him. Crazy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2019
Ishilove:

I would have rated it higher but it has gay overtones, so 8 it must be. grin

You bloody homophobe grin learn to be more tolerant will ya? cool at least it made caricature of homosexuality didn't it?

Take Dave Chappelle for instance, will you rate him low because he made a joke about that jussi smooye incident? grin you know jucci smooye? That duber french actor, who is also gay and black....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Sacha Baron Cohen trolls everyone in the guise of his alter egos. Gays, heterosexuals, liberals, conservatives, feminists, etc. In Bruno, he trolled the LGBTQI community just as much as he trolled everyone else. The genius of his trolling lies in getting people to reveal their true colors. The really freaky part is that he doesn’t even hide the cameras. These people know they’re being filmed, and yet, they still say and do stupid things. After which, some of them will attempt to sue him. Crazy.

Did he troll the LGBT community? The impression I had was he was being pro gay. He was making fun of society's stereotyping of homosexual people, and the belief that they can be 'converted' to heterosexuality.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2019
losprince:

You bloody homophobe grin learn to be more tolerant will ya? cool at least it made caricature of homosexuality didn't it?

Take Dave Chappelle for instance, will you rate him low because he made a joke about that jussi smooye incident? grin you know jucci smooye? That duber french actor, who is also gay and black....
I'm not homophobic. I'm just VERY unrepentantly anti-gay. wink

I just wasn't comfortable with all the depictions of gay sex, whether caricature or not.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 7:56pm On Sep 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I love his style of comedy. It's often cringe-worthy, and unconventionally hilarious.

That's what I love about them, everything is happening in real time, and it often reveals the hidden and prejudiced nature of the people in them.

You'd have to be extremely stuck up not to laugh at any of the shenanigans.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
Ishilove:

Did he troll the LGBT community? The impression I had was he was being pro gay. He was making fun of society's stereotyping of homosexual people, and the belief that they can be 'converted' to heterosexuality.

The LGBT community criticized him for "perpetuating LGBT stereotype whilst simultaneously enlightening institutionalised homophobia issues", so yeah. He certainly trolled the LGBTQI community.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The LGBT community criticized him for "perpetuating LGBT stereotype whilst simultaneously enlightening institutionalised homophobia issues", so yeah. He certainly trolled the LGBTQI community.
Well, I definitely didn't notice the first part of their accusations. I was too busy cringing and laughing hysterically.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The letters keep growing

What's the I?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The sueing is the craziest part. When I read about the case of that kid from borat who scampered when he tried to kiss him, it invoked that particular scene in my head and this time the laughter was more uncontrollable.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2019
Ishilove:

Well, I definitely didn't notice the first part of their accusations. I was too busy cringing and laughing hysterically.

Watch his this is America show.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2019
ornicus:

The letters keep growing

What's the I?
Intersex I suppose
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2019
losprince:

That's what I love about them, everything is happening in real time, and it often reveals the hidden and prejudiced nature of the people in them.

You'd have to be extremely stuck up not to laugh at any of the shenanigans.

Watch Nathan For You. You will see the pinnacle of cringe comedy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2019
ornicus:

Who is America. SBC and Nathan Fielder of Nathan For You Collaboration.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2019
ornicus:

The letters keep growing
What's the I?
Intersex. Formally called hermaphrodite
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2019
Ishilove:

I'm not homophobic. I'm just VERY unrepentantly anti-gay. wink

I just wasn't comfortable with all the depictions of gay sex, whether caricature or not.
I understand you completely, and that's what the homos and the homos right police fail to understand. Most people are just uncomfortable seeing that stuff, it irks honestly, and most don't mind people being gay they just don't like seeing it on display.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2019
Ishilove:

Haha. I'm well acquainted with that feeling.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2019
Ishilove:

From his Wikipedia page

Baron Cohen has been criticised for the racist or prejudiced comments his characters have made (see Da Ali G Show). HBO spokesman Quentin Schaffer has replied to criticism concerning Baron Cohen's characters, "Through his alter-egos, he delivers an obvious satire that exposes people's ignorance and prejudice in much the same way All in the Family did years ago."[65] Regarding his portrayal as the anti-Semitic Borat, Baron Cohen says the segments are a "dramatic demonstration of how racism feeds on dumb conformity, as much as rabid bigotry", rather than a display of racism by Baron Cohen himself.[66] "Borat essentially works as a tool. By himself being anti-Semitic, he lets people lower their guard and expose their own prejudice", Baron Cohen explains.[23] Addressing the same topic in an NPR interview with Robert Siegel, Baron Cohen said "I think that's quite an interesting thing with Borat, which is people really let down their guard with him because they're in a room with somebody who seems to have these outrageous opinions. They sometimes feel much more relaxed about letting their own outrageous, politically incorrect, prejudiced opinions come out."[67]

Baron Cohen, the grandson of a Holocaust survivor, says he also wishes in particular to expose the role of indifference in that genocide. "When I was in university, there was this major historian of the Third Reich, Ian Kershaw, who said, 'The path to Auschwitz was paved with indifference.' I know it's not very funny being a comedian talking about the Holocaust, but it's an interesting idea that not everyone in Germany had to be a raving anti-Semite. They just had to be apathetic."[23] Regarding the enthusiastic response to his song, "In My Country There Is Problem" (also known as "Throw the Jew Down the Well"wink, he says, "Did it reveal that they were anti-Semitic? Perhaps. But maybe it just revealed that they were indifferent to anti-Semitism."[2
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2019
losprince:

The sueing is the craziest part. When I read about the case of that kid from borat who scampered when he tried to kiss him, it invoked that particular scene in my head and this time the laughter was more uncontrollable.

I remember that scene very well. grin grin

The memory has somehow triggered the half-naked_ mannequin scene. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I remember that scene very well. grin grin

The memory has somehow triggered the half-naked_ mannequin scene. grin grin
Hahahahah grin grin please don't make me choke on my meal
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 11, 2019
losprince:
Hahahahah grin grin please don't make me choke on my meal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx7UYqM_Nd8
Enjoy gringrin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Watch Nathan For You. You will see the pinnacle of cringe comedy.
I will definitely pick up a few episodes, I have this reluctance towards series. undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2019
losprince:

I will definitely pick up a few episodes, I have this reluctance towards series. undecided

TV series is where it's at.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx7UYqM_Nd8

Enjoy gringrin
grin grin you son of a b!tch, you'll get a hand job from a bear for this. cheesy cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2019
losprince:

grin grin you son of a b!tch, you'll get a hand job from a bear for this. cheesy cheesy

You comment reminded me of his twisted tale about his mentally challenged brother locked in a cage, and his sister. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2019
ornicus:

Same as Da Alli G Show?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2019
Ishilove:

Same as Da Alli G Show?

Different format, but yeah, the brand of humor is identical; cringe comedy galore.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2019
Ok
Ishilove:

Same as Da Alli G Show?

Sorry who is America.in several instances he pretended to be an Israeli special forces guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4pMTsa1Kw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

TV series is where it's at.
So it seems, but I have a low attention span that rears it's ugly head from time to time, shit caused me from going through with the sopranos and almost hindered me from finishing breaking bad.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2019
losprince:

Sacha Baron Cohen, Seth Macfarlane and Dave Chappelle are 3 on my list of top 10 satirists that I adore, still wish Baron Cohen played Freddie Mercury though, don't get me wrong, i loved Rami's performance but he would have brought out something that Malek wouldn't. Sadly he was too old and not asian
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2019
losprince:
I understand you completely, and that's what the homos and the homos right police fail to understand. Most people are just uncomfortable seeing that stuff, it irks honestly, and most don't mind people being gay they just don't like seeing it on display.
I couldn't have put it better.

See, i don't give two flying fvcks what you do in your bedroom, just don't shove it in our faces and try to pass it off as normal because no matter how you try to rationalize it, the immutable fact is that it is a perversion of the natural order things and can NEVER be normal. It causes one's skin to crawl. If they like, be gay, if they like be bestial, just don't put that crap on public display.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) ... (3871) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.