Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,849 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:09 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3876546 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) ... (3876) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IHate9jerianss(m): 10:49am On Apr 21, 2020
aadoiza:

Aside from joker, all these are probably low budget movies. 12 years a slave try small but still low budget
Let's not forget how joker rehashed parts of its plot and characters from older films like taxi driver,king of comedy and network
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 10:50am On Apr 21, 2020
hulk616:
very correct. People like DC just want to make fast money without going through the stages MCU passed. angry
2019 had few great movies . You can see the trashy movies that were winning Oscars. angry
This guy don come grin.
Hope you have taken your Cerelac™, you cranky baby grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 21, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Let's poke holes in that theory.

1. An abundance of poor plots could be caused by a saturated market of plots. There is not much new ideas anymore. So many plots have been written

2. An abundance of poor plots could be a balance or a result of having more movies made now than were ever made in the 80s or 90s. More movies today means more good ones and also more bad ones.

3. An actor who wants too much money will always be replaced by the market. Jared Leto is not the only person that can play the joker.

4. Movies are a financial risk. A big budget movie could lose millions of dollars. This is also why film companies are very cautious with scripts.

5. Indie movies take a more artistic style since they are not too much of a risk with lower budgets.

What do you think?
this is one high level thinking post. You can see why Disney and marvel are the best. The weight on the world is on our shoulders. But Oscars wouldn't see this. angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 21, 2020
DriggityDre:

Toxic fanboy alert shocked grin
get your facts right. The guy wanted more money for just 10
Minutes screentime.
Imagine? angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 21, 2020
DrDax:

Sorry, Stan Lee grin
apology accepted. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 10:57am On Apr 21, 2020
hulk616:
get your facts right. The guy wanted more money for just 10
Minutes screentime.
Imagine? angry
FanbooOOooy grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 21, 2020
DriggityDre:

This guy don come grin.
Hope you have taken your Cerelac™, you cranky baby grin grin
embrace the truth angry

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 11:01am On Apr 21, 2020
hulk616:
embrace the truth angry
OK Bros grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 21, 2020
DriggityDre:

FanbooOOooy grin
yes, I m a high level thinker. Marvel fan and Disney fan and Christopher Nolan fan angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 11:02am On Apr 21, 2020
hulk616:
yes, I m a high level thinker. Marvel fan and Disney fan and Christopher Nolan fan angry
OK bros grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 21, 2020
2dice01:
Stardust (2007)

Adventure, Family, Romance,Fantasy

Rating : 8/10

Still waiting for the link....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WetSmoke: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
21 bridges (2019)
Nice action.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
DriggityDre:

OK bros grin
why are you laughing? angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
hulk616:
why are you laughing? angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
DriggityDre:

I don't have time for this angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
hulk616:
I don't have time for this angry
No mind me o. It's this toddler that's cracking me up grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
What have I don't to deserve this??
The anti-spam bot keeps giving me 24 hours ban whenever I comment on this thread.
This has been going on for days. I've sent a mail to the mods but they did not get back to me (no surprise there) neither was the issue rectified.
I hope this time I won't get banned again.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
aadoiza:
Hollywood is definitely going through retrogression. It seems to be heading down to the level of Nollywood, for they seem not to be able to produce great movies these days without the infusion of magic.

I can confidently tell you that you don't watch up to 20 percent of all Hollywood movies produced in any given year.
There are a lot of interesting indie movies that don't make their way to cinema or even movies that are poorly marketed and as such they fly under the radar of most people.
It also depends on the genre you are into.
Action movies have gone downhill anyway and as such, if you are someone who watches mainly action movies, you could get disenchantment with time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Princeton92(m): 1:22pm On Apr 21, 2020
Daria
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Gmajor:
The anti-spam bot keeps giving me 24 hours ban whenever I comment on this thread.
This has been going on for days. I've sent a mail to the mods but they did not get back to me (no surprise there) neither was the issue rectified.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
DriggityDre:

No mind me o. It's this toddler that's cracking me up grin
ok I wont mind you angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
Gmajor:
I feel your pain. I can remember when I was suffering from this, whenever I say the pure truth in DC fans thread. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ravioli:
Memento 7.5/10

Christopher Nolan sha
His next film, Tenet will be a classic, I bet. All Nolan's films are highclass
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 2:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
Arctic (2020)....7/10
Genre: Adventure, Drama

Bear Grylls definitely got nothing on this guy. Mads Mikkelsen was exceptionally good, his lack of wordings/dialogue in the movie was perfectly compensated with his display of emotions. It's just so amazing, how a single actor could pull this off.

Suspense came natural, directing was perfect, cinematography was on point, & the visuals were absolutely stunning, 

Man vs nature at its finest, but i feel that ending was totally unnecessary.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by aadoiza: 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
Gmajor:

I can confidently tell you that you don't watch up to 20 percent of all Hollywood movies produced in any given year.
There are a lot of interesting indie movies that don't make their way to cinema or even movies that are poorly marketed and as such they fly under the radar of most people.
It also depends on the genre you are into.
Action movies have gone downhill anyway and as such, if you are someone who watches mainly action movies, you could get disenchantment with time.
I like the way you put. I might not watch up to 3% of their movies but I watch the ones that make the headlines across the globe. These are the ones that matter, not some low budget crap.
How many movies can compete with the Avengers for instance in terms of attention or viewership? How many series can with Game of Thrones?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by aadoiza: 3:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
Let's not forget how joker rehashed parts of its plot and characters from older films like taxi driver,king of comedy and network
That's also another big dent on Hollywood now. There seems to be lack of original stories. And I thought Joker, though tried to offer possible origin story for the joker, was dull, but I have to give to Phoenix for his acting.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mekaprime, Bratking.

I just want to apologise for my attitude during our debate about police shooting.

Everybody has a weakness. Mine is aggressive debating. I am very good at debating and trolling. Unfortunately, I do tend to mock people when I am arguing with them. It is a bad habit I'm trying to stop.

Sometimes, I wonder if it is a blessing or a curse. Looking back, I have truly frustrated a lot of people on this thread.

Anyhow, I'm sorry. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abdurrazaq(m): 3:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
Parasite (2019; Korean)

This totally beat my imagination. I was expecting something like a zombie type of horror movie only to be served with this excellent piece of work. What a crazy family! I find it hard to believe that such crazy people can be packed in one family.

Hard to rate but will give it a 7.5 out of 10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Pesuzok(m): 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Liposure:
i pitied keanu reeves in KK
Innocent man that did nothing wrong. No free pizza
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by aadoiza: 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
hulk616:
thank you. I m seeing more high level thinkers.
Only marvel, Disney and Christopher Nolan are more quality movies now. The rest are trash angry
Though The Avengers movies are very interesting, I didn't like the idea of the world being saved by magic.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Next (2007). 7/10

Old movie. I've watched it almost 10 times but I rewatched it again on DStv and it's still interesting as the first time I saw it. Currently showing as I type.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by prinxee10: 4:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
[img][/img]
you can also Download and watch Using the Link Below
[https://tii.ai/Birds-of-Prey][/https://tii.ai/Birds-of-Prey]

Thank me later wink smiley grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) ... (3876) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Eldeedon(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.