Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,316 members, 7,881,166 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:43 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3864047 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) ... (3873) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
Mekaprime, Bratking.

I just want to apologise for my attitude during our debate about police shooting.

Everybody has a weakness. Mine is aggressive debating. I am very good at debating and trolling. Unfortunately, I do tend to mock people when I am arguing with them. It is a bad habit I'm trying to stop.

Sometimes, I wonder if it is a blessing or a curse. Looking back, I have truly frustrated a lot of people on this thread.

Anyhow, I'm sorry. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf.

I don't mind your aggression. I can be aggressive too.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 4:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
The Grey (2011)

Wolves are shrewd hunters.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
I noticed similarities between Dredd and The Raid: Redemption. I wonder who ripped off who?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
Beorn:
Next (2007). 7/10

Old movie. I've watched it almost 10 times but I rewatched it again on DStv and it's still interesting as the first time I saw it. Currently showing as I type.
my oh my. Dis movie again
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by henrydadon(m): 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
I can't post the link or else I will be banned

Thanks man..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
No Good Deed:

Idris Elba is such a hunk...

*dreamy sigh* smiley

That aside, very entertaining. The evil that men do live with them. Stop sharing preek like Corona giveaway, una no go hear.

Very interesting watch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
aadoiza:

I like the way you put. I might not watch up to 3% of their movies but I watch the ones that make the headlines across the globe. These are the ones that matter, not some low budget crap.
How many movies can compete with the Avengers for instance in terms of attention or viewership? How many series can with Game of Thrones?

Then, the problem with you is the genre. Most of those movies that make the headlines across the globe as you put it, are infused with lots of magic. If you're looking for engaging movies that'll keep your attention, then you must learn to see beyond the budget of movies.

Like I said, it's your genre. Try to identify what tickles your fancy. If you want a movie that'll keep your attention a 100% & you wouldn't even know when it 2-3 hours runtime elapses, then go for Phycological Thrillers & probably Biopic. The magic in these genres or subgenres are next to none, though, they're mainly low budget & possibly Indie movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
Mekaprime, Bratking.

I just want to apologise for my attitude during our debate about police shooting.

Everybody has a weakness. Mine is aggressive debating. I am very good at debating and trolling. Unfortunately, I do tend to mock people when I am arguing with them. It is a bad habit I'm trying to stop.

Sometimes, I wonder if it is a blessing or a curse. Looking back, I have truly frustrated a lot of people on this thread.

Truth is i was never really offended, cause i saw it as a "you" kinda thing. Yeah, i see it as your kryptonite, something you consciously can't help, so, i was never rankled by the statement.

For you to acknowledge that you did something that might hurt other people & try to make up, by apologizing is a step in the right direction as regards your intention to turning a new leaf, and i must commend you for that.

A problem identified & acknowledged is a problem half solved, wish you the very best at confronting & surmounting your flaws.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bobo65(m): 4:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
Beorn:
Next (2007). 7/10

Old movie. I've watched it almost 10 times but I rewatched it again on DStv and it's still interesting as the first time I saw it. Currently showing as I type.

Very dope old movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 4:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
Vexatious:
I noticed similarities between Dredd and The Raid: Redemption. I wonder who ripped off who?

Purely coincidental.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ishilove:
No Good Deed:

*dreamy sigh* smiley

That aside, very entertaining. The evil that men do live with them. Stop sharing preek like Corona giveaway, una no go hear.

Very interesting watch.

Chie! you wouldn't make heaven for this.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumereuno: 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
mekaprime:

Truth is i was never really offended, cause i saw it as a "you" kinda thing. Yeah, i see it as your kryptonite, something you consciously can't help, so, i was never rankled by the statement.

For you to acknowledge that you did something that might hurt other people & try to make up, by apologizing is a step in the right direction as regards your intention to turning a new leaf, and i must commend you for that.

A problem identified & acknowledged is a problem half solved, wish you the very best at confronting & surmounting your flaws.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 4:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Gmajor:
The anti-spam bot keeps giving me 24 hours ban whenever I comment on this thread.
I battled that bot all morning. It kept on banning again and again. The supermod probably became frustrated grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 5:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
mekaprime:

Cheers bro. You've always been reasonable
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
Bratking:

I don't mind your aggression. I can be aggressive too.

Thanks.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ravioli(m): 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
The Cabin In The Wood - 2011

7/10

I don't know what to say about this movie sef.. Should I call it horror or thriller. Some movies shaaa..

What kinda storyline is this??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by seankafor(m): 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
The longest war..8/10

American mission in Afghanistan was a failure.

Terrorism isn't some child stuff.. it's way more complex than war itself embarassed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kvngfrosh(m): 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
James and his future self
9/10
grin His future self na crackhead
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 5:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
7/10 shocked undecided

Beorn:
Next (2007). 7/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by aadoiza: 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
mekaprime:

Then, the problem with you is the genre. Most of those movies that make the headlines across the globe as you put it, are infused with lots of magic. If you're looking for engaging movies that'll keep your attention, then you must learn to see beyond the budget of movies.

Like I said, it's your genre. Try to identify what tickles your fancy. If you want a movie that'll keep your attention a 100% & you wouldn't even know when it 2-3 hours runtime elapses, then go for Phycological Thrillers & probably Biopic. The magic in these genres or subgenres are next to none, though, they're mainly low budget & possibly Indie movies.
I actually don't pay attention to a movie genre, so long as it's not romance.
Look at it this way, Superman, Batman movies were big back in the day, including their animated version, with hardly magic in their plots but now they are fraught with magic. I don't remember seeing magic in Egoli and Days of our lives, but now we get more magic-riddled series llike Lucifer and Sabrina.
The point is Hollywood is tapping more and more than ever into magic-themed plots to make great movies and series.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 5:20pm On Apr 21, 2020
MJBOLT:
7/10 shocked undecided

Yep. If I use latest rating to scrutinize it, I'll give it 6/10. But I'm more lenient. It's an old movie. I don't agree with the 23% Rotten Tomatoes gave it. I still enjoyed like I'm watching it the first time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 5:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
mekaprime:

Chie! you wouldn't make heaven for this.
I don't know how else to describe it na tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by aadoiza: 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
Mekaprime, Bratking.

Wow. People on here don't tend to admit their faults but you have done so. I'm sure the person will accept your sincere penitence.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by aadoiza: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ravioli:
The Cabin In The Wood - 2011

7/10

I don't know what to say about this movie sef.. Should I call it horror or thriller. Some movies shaaa..

What kinda storyline is this??

The movie na horror
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ishilove:
No Good Deed:

*dreamy sigh* smiley

Very interesting watch.
taraji shouldnt hav let him in
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Scarface (1983) - 10/10
Scarface is a 1983 American crime drama. It is a remake of the 1932 film and tells the story of Cuban refugee Tony Montana (Al Pacino) who arrives in 1980s Miami with nothing and rises to become a powerful drug lord.
Scarface was given an X rating in America three times for extreme violence, frequent strong language, and hard drug usage. One of the earliest films to use the word 'fvck' 226 times!
The end was tragic though. It just displayed the life of a struggling refugee till he turned to a life of crime and met his demise.

Al Pacino is a god. End of story cool..

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
DRUMLINE
nick cannon n zoe saldana didnt start 2day
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
DriggityDre:
Scarface (1983) - 10/10
Scarface is a 1983 American crime drama. It is a remake of the 1932 film and tells the story of Cuban refugee Tony Montana (Al Pacino) who arrives in 1980s Miami with nothing and rises to become a powerful drug lord.
Scarface was given an X rating in America three times for extreme violence, frequent strong language, and hard drug usage. One of the earliest films to use the word 'fvck' 226 times!
The end was tragic though. It just displayed the life of a struggling refugee till he turned to a life of crime and met his demise.

Say hello to my little friend dhak! dhak! dhak! dhak! dhuck! dhuck! dhuck! dhadak! dhadak!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Say hello to my little friend dhak! dhak! dhak! dhak! dhuck! dhuck! dhuck! dhadak! dhadak!
OG spotted cheesy cool
Guy, that movie was fucking cool man. So badass and yet so touching. That last scene is one of the best.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
DriggityDre:
Scarface (1983) - 10/10

This short man devil
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
aadoiza:

Though The Avengers movies are very interesting, I didn't like the idea of the world being saved by magic.
in marvel movies except Doctor strange, the world was not saved by magic. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 6:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
seankafor:
The longest war..8/10

American mission in Afghanistan was a failure.

Terrorism isn't some child stuff.. it's way more complex than war itself embarassed

It's like cancer, no matter how hard you try to curtail it, it keeps spreading/sprouting

(1) (2) (3) ... (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) ... (3873) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.