Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,820 members, 7,872,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:07 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3850701 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2746) (2747) (2748) (2749) (2750) (2751) (2752) ... (3871) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Queenslander(f): 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2021
Ahkosua:
Please I need the list of movies shown on gotv channel 9 today
how are you going to manage that? undecided Cause I don't think anyone was sitting, watching and taking notes at the same time..

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 11:49pm On Oct 23, 2021
abduleez1:
This is awards Bait ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIsNbpJIa6k

This movie would flop
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 11:50pm On Oct 23, 2021
Kaycee7:
Weekend Watch List

- Copshop

- Klaus

Klaus was so Good

Watched it on Christmas day last year

Almost cried at the end

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:14am On Oct 24, 2021
Kaycee7:
Sha try watch. If to watch am stress you halfway, delete and read plot on Wiki abeg. The movie too deep for im own good.

Lol, I'll create chance to watch am one of these days. My movie watching hours done suffer drastic reduction this past few weeks. cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:15am On Oct 24, 2021
Blueelf:

This movie would flop

Okay.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:17am On Oct 24, 2021
pu7pl3:

But there are tvs that play mkv na
Yep. Those ones are mostly new TVs. Not old or older versions.
Biggest bet to play your movies without much hassle is Smart TVs.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:15am On Oct 24, 2021
Raalsalghul:
Halloween Kills: 1.5/4 stars.

Expand its history, add more characters and subplots, pile up the bodies: as far as it's Hollywood anything to squeeze an extra buck will suffice.
This movie had the best opening day Box office return for an R rated flick even toppling "The Suicide Squad" in the pandemic era. With the critical ratings in the mud, it was most likely riding on the success wave of the previous installment. They should let successful franchises "die a natural death", i am tired of all these remakes..i am seeing there's a new "Chucky" spin off show now...smh.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 8:44am On Oct 24, 2021
Blueelf:

Klaus was so Good

Almost cried at the end
Very emotional movie mehn, definitely re-watching Klaus on Christmas Eve.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2021
DUNE 2021________ 6/10
COPSHOP 2021_______4/10
HALLOWEEN KILLS______4/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by seankafor(m): 8:51am On Oct 24, 2021
sajmark:
DUNE 2021________ 6/10
COPSHOP 2021_______4/10
HALLOWEEN KILLS______4/10
you go stingy with marks if you be teacher

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:03am On Oct 24, 2021
oyaskii:
This movie had the best opening day Box office return for an R rated flick even toppling "The Suicide Squad" in the pandemic era. With the critical ratings in the mud, it was most likely riding on the success wave of the previous installment. They let successful franchises "die a natural death", i am tired of all these remakes..i am seeing there's a new "Chucky" spin off show now...smh.

I'm hearing Halloween Kills suffered a massive 80% drop on 2nd weekend (Friday & early Saturday).

I don't even care for the Chucky show sef.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:14am On Oct 24, 2021
abduleez1:

I'm hearing Halloween Kills suffered a massive 80% drop on 2nd weekend (Friday & early Saturday).

I don't even care for the Chucky show sef.
Yup...the Box office was on a downward spiral after the first week.

I am literally tired of any "reboot" at the moment. Come up with fresh stories and ideas or keep it moving, for heaven's sake, there are even tons of books waiting to be adapted so why keep recycling one story from the 80's.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:56am On Oct 24, 2021
oyaskii:

Yup...the Box office was on a downward spiral after the first week.

I am literally tired of any "reboot" at the moment. Come up with fresh stories and ideas or keep it moving, for heaven's sake, there are even tons of books waiting to be adapted so why keep recycling one story from the 80's.

Well Original content these days gets little or no backing from audiences in the US. That's why we gonna keep getting subtitles, sequels and spin offs frequently. That's where the money is cos of guaranteed audience base, familiarity and nostalgia.

Most original content have suffered in the box office in the last 5 years. Only adaptations are plundered for fresh take. Even at that, book adaptations, comics, games and the likes aren't still classified as Original ideas.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Iceyjayz: 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
Y'all is Dune a good movie to watch? I don't want to waste my data on mediocre.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Iceyjayz: 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
Blueelf:

Klaus was so Good

Almost cried at the end
I've been seeing the movie on Netflix , maybe I will have to watch it finally.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
Dave Chapelle The Cover 9/10
Had a good laugh.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by zedegit: 1:49pm On Oct 24, 2021
Romulus
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gameboy727(m): 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2021
The Green Knight has 88% rating on RT. Like howwww? Omoh nawa for those critics oh. Film that I just fast forwarded all through.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Greatdesi(m): 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
cappyolu:
Dave Chapelle The Cover 9/10 Had a good laugh.
Where did you download it from?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
Greatdesi:
Where did you download it from?
I used Netnaija
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xorojinxx: 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2021
gameboy727:
The Green Knight has 88% rating on RT. Like howwww? Omoh nawa for those critics oh. Film that I just fast forwarded all through.

They are humans like us, nothing makes them special, just privileged.

Personally, I don't follow their rating, if I like a movie, I download and watch.

Movies are just entertainment.

And on I lighter note, if you like drama and thriller, watch “The God Committee", 8/10 for me.

In this movie, one would appreciate what God does for us everyday. Though, it's not a religious movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gameboy727(m): 4:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
xorojinxx:

They are humans like us, nothing makes them special, just privileged.

Personally, I don't follow their rating, if I like a movie, I download and watch.

Movies are just entertainment.

And on I lighter note, if you like drama and thriller, watch “The God Committee", 8/10 for me.

In this movie, one would appreciate what God does for us everyday. Though, it's not a religious movie.

You are right though. Movies are just entertainment. Entertainment is subjective.

I've seen The God Committee. Really nice movie. Imagine one's survival resting on the decision of a group of people. May we never be in such a position.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Greatdesi(m): 4:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
cappyolu:
I used Netnaija
seen. Thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
Iceyjayz:

Depends on who you ask.

Or should I say depends on who you want to believe.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
gameboy727:
It does earn its rating though. Plot's an interesting adaptation of The Tale of Gawain and The Green Knight, the cast delivers a stellar performance, the visuals are raw, symbolic and blend with the era and the music works with the execution. It's a really well put together movie, just targeted at a very, very niche audience.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
Omo, so DUNE overperformed... shocked

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:55pm On Oct 24, 2021
abduleez1:
Omo, so DUNE overperformed... shocked
I'm not even personally attached to this franchise and yet, for some weird reason, this news dey sweet me.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gameboy727(m): 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kaycee7:
It does earn its rating though. Plot's an interesting adaptation of The Tale of Gawain and The Green Knight, the cast delivers a stellar performance, the visuals are raw, symbolic and blend with the era and the music works with the execution. It's a really well put together movie, just targeted at a very, very niche audience.

I'm definitely not part of that audience then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
The Closer

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
Iceyjayz:

What do you mean?

Because of some few negative reviews?
Dune is the combination of GoT, Star wars, Lord of the Rings and many adventures put together.
Why would you want to skip it?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 9:33pm On Oct 24, 2021
solostar1:
Uncharted (2022) trailer out.

Director: Ruben Fleischer

Cast: Tom Holland, Mark Wahlberg, Antonio Banderas, Tati Gabrielle

Expectation in high
Tom Holland is one of my favorite actor now grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kaycee7:
I'm not even personally attached to this franchise and yet, for some weird reason, this news dey sweet me.

Lol, you enjoy the film be dat?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2746) (2747) (2748) (2749) (2750) (2751) (2752) ... (3871) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Ishilove and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.