Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,183 members, 7,893,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 07:27 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3889040 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3359) (3360) (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) (3365) ... (3878) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:59am On Jan 04, 2023
JohnnyMcCarthy:
Recovering ✓✓✓

Not really.

Man got ran over by the a snow plough the size of a truck. Suffered a blunt chest trauma and mangled leg. He's in stable but critical condition. In layman's terms, his vitals are stable but not necessarily in good condition. A damage is done that may not be reversible or could worsen at any moment and lead to paralysis or worse... death.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2023
RayMcBlue:

Not really.

Man got ran over by the a snow plough the size of a truck. Suffered a blunt chest trauma and mangled leg. He's in stable but critical condition. In layman's terms, his vitals are stable but not necessarily in good condition. A damage is done that may not be reversible or could worsen at any moment and lead to paralysis or worse... death.

The Snow Cat having a track wheel didn't help.
Read if it wasn't for his Doctor neighbor who applied a tourniquet to his messed up leg, he'd have died in the snow.

This incident reminds me of Anton Yelchin who died in similar circumstance.
Unfortunately for Anton Yelchin, there was no one to help him, so he died alone.
Sad way to cloak.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
IbrahimMav:

The Snow Cat having a track wheel didn't help.
Read if it wasn't for his Doctor neighbor who applied a tourniquet to his messed up leg, he'd have died in the snow.

This incident reminds me of Anton Yelchin who died in similar circumstance.
Unfortunately for Anton Yelchin, there was no one to help him, so he died alone.
Sad way to cloak.
Reading about Yelchin's death, I just hoped he died or at least was unconscious from impact. Cos being pinned between your car and wall, unable to call for help and just waiting for your death by the minute is a thought that fücks with me every time I remember the lad's death.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 3:43pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kaycee7:
Reading about Yelchin's death, I just hoped he died or at least was unconscious from impact. Cos being pinned between your car and wall, unable to call for help and just waiting for your death by the minute is a thought that fücks with me every time I remember the lad's death.

He died from blunt traumatic asphyxia.
Which is just a fancy way of saying he suffocated painfully and slowly.
Imagine gasping for air but coming up empty because something heavy is crushing into your chest, blocking your air path in the process, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
It's a very painful, torturous and hopeless experience, I would imagine.
It's a horrible way to go.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2023
IbrahimMav:

Imagine gasping for air but coming up empty because something heavy is crushing into your chest, blocking your air path in the process, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
Well, there goes the hopeful part. This is now going to fück with my head even more.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kaycee7:
Well, there goes the hopeful part. This is now going to fück with my head even more.

Here is one more tidbit to make you feel worse....
His parents sued the car company for wrongful death and got a substantiate sum out of it.
So basically, he died, his parents cashed out.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 5:11pm On Jan 04, 2023
White noise(2022) 8/10
Movie wey get comedy and a little horror elements , some scenes in this movie actually scare me tbh grin , very nice beautiful movie tho adam driver aiming for Oscar
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2023
IbrahimMav:

Here is one more tidbit to make you feel worse....
His parents sued the car company for wrongful death and got a substantiate sum out of it.
So basically, he died, his parents cashed out.

Well, can't really feel worse about that seeing as he didn't have any apparent problems with his parents. It's cold comfort.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kaycee7:
Well, can't really feel worse about that seeing as he didn't have any apparent problems with his parents. It's cold comfort.

I guess but it kinda does look opportunistic.
It's no one's fault but pure bad luck that the SUV had a mechanical failure,
Suing a car company isn't gonna bring your son back from the dead.
But sure being a few millions richer will make your grief more bearable.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2023
IbrahimMav:

Like it's one's fault that the SUV had a mechanical failure,
In saner climes where the law actually works, "Wrongful Death claim" is a thing and it's very common. If for anything, it isn't seen as "opportunistic" rather it offers some sort of closure to the deceased family with a monetary claim as a side bonus. I didn't think in this case, if the car company wasn't liable in some way that the parents would have won the case. I have seen a docu where companies review their "wrongful death suites" and use it to correct what went wrong and ultimately improving their services going forward. If the law actually works in this clime, many hospitals would have since been out of business with the suites they will be facing daily.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
IbrahimMav:

It's no one's fault but pure bad luck that the SUV had a mechanical failure,
That's definitely the logical outlook. But grieving people are rarely logical. And people who lose someone untimely often look for a target to blame. The parents just lost a young son and are most likely looking for a channel for their anger. They can't fight the car, it's inanimate. Next best target: the people who made the car.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2023
oyaskii:

In saner climes where the law actually works, "Wrongful Death claim" is a thing and it's very common. If for anything, it isn't seen as "opportunistic" rather it offers some sort of closure to the deceased family with a monetary claim as a side bonus. I didn't think in this case, if the car company wasn't liable in some way that the parents would have won the case. I have seen a docu where companies review their "wrongful death suites" and use it to correct what went wrong and ultimately improving their services going forward. If the law actually works in this clime, many hospitals would have since been out of business with the suites they will be facing daily.

Chrysler was in a lose-lose situation.
Public perception wasn't in their favor.
The public wanted a scapegoat and logic be damned.
Chrysler didn't want want to risk a trial.
They could go to trial and drag this out for years but their stocks would plummet.
So in the end, the best course of action was quietly settling out of court.
Win-win for everyone.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kaycee7:
That's definitely the logical outlook. But grieving people are rarely logical. And people who lose someone untimely often look for a target to blame. The parents just lost a young son and are most likely looking for a channel for their anger. They can't fight the car, it's inanimate. Next best target: the people who made the car.

Couldn't have said it better.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JohnnyMcCarthy: 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
Dave Bautista will leave the MCU with James Gunn after Guardians of the Galaxy Part 3 ✓✓✓

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JohnnyMcCarthy: 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2023
Looks good ✓✓✓

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JohnnyMcCarthy: 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2023
✓✓✓

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2023
JohnnyMcCarthy:
✓✓✓
So,Fire Navi? Hope we will see firelord ozai because this is turning into avatar the last Airbender..... don't really blame JC though, he's known for simple stories with complex visuals.

You can make a great movie from a very simple story— James Cameron
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JohnnyMcCarthy: 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
2023 most anticipated movies according to IMDB ✓✓✓
Barbie at the top
Huge surprise shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NtiObaEneke(f): 9:33pm On Jan 04, 2023
oyaskii:
The Steven Spielberg era was pretty tight, infused and close to the source material of Micheal Crichton. They started to lose the plot with the Chris Pratt era and "World Dominion" was the final straw.
I was cringing on behalf of the deceased writer. It was just awful
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2023
JohnnyMcCarthy:
Barbie at the top
Huge surprise shocked
Abduleez when he sees No. 1 grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by michigang: 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kaycee7:
he died from suffocation
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2023
Strange Worlds. Interesting movie about adventure and acceptance. Sad it wasn’t a hit in the box office. I watched a recap so can’t conclude on a score. An okay story. Would wait to watch on DStv since Naija internet is nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kaycee7:
Abduleez when he sees No. 1 grin

Lol, I've already seen it some days ago before New year. I think that was Fandango's list sha, rating over 5000 movie watchers. Barbie was 3rd on the list. So I ain't surprised.
I always see Barbie amongst top conversations for anticipated movies for this year online.

So when ppl on this thread start saying it will flop, it feels weird and funny to me. I just abstained from posting it, cos some ppl go bring agenda come and I no get strength for too much shout after my fair share in the DC thread before Xmas. grin

Online hype doesn't mean much these days in box office collection, so it's guarded optimism for now.
But if that film by mistake make Bank, I'm sure gonna rub it on everyone's face. grin cool

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by michigang: 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
IbrahimMav:

Had it been he packed his car well. He got out of the car without switching to neutral and his handbrake was down
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2023/01/02/avatar-sequel-tops-top-gun-maverick-for-15-billion-this-week/

1.7b delayed is not 1.7b denied wink

It's smashing Pu7pl3's 1.7bn sha. grin
Prolly looking at 1.9 or possibly 2bn.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by michigang: 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kaycee7:
ori e afúckasibe
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:53pm On Jan 04, 2023
JohnnyMcCarthy:
Barbie at the top
Huge surprise shocked
there is no way Barbie is more anticipated than John Wick 4

Barbie that will still flop in box office grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, I've already seen it some days ago before New year. I think that was Fandango's list sha, rating over 5000 movie watchers. Barbie was 3rd on the list. So I ain't surprised.
I always see Barbie amongst top conversations for anticipated movies for this year online.

So when ppl on this thread start saying it will flop, it feels weird and funny to me. I just abstained from posting it, cos some ppl go bring agenda come and I no get strength for too much shout after my fair share in the DC thread before Xmas. grin

Online hype doesn't mean much these days in box office collection, so it's guarded optimism for now.
But if that film by mistake make Bank, I'm sure gonna rub it on everyone's face. grin cool
even you...you're not confident that it will break even...

You know there is a high likelihood it will flop
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2023
abduleez1:

It's smashing Pu7pl3's 1.7bn sha. grin
Prolly looking at 1.9 or possibly 2bn.

Make James Cameron dey play
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
Baddestguyp:
even you...you're not confident that it will break even...

You know there is a high likelihood it will flop

Barbie ain't flopping bro. No dey make noise.
It's definitely breaking even. I no get strength for shout that's all.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:01pm On Jan 04, 2023
pu7pl3:

Make James Cameron dey play

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3359) (3360) (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) (3365) ... (3878) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: phr0nesis(m), fashrola(m), keemsleek(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.