Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,082 members, 7,893,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 05:11 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3888851 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) (3365) (3366) (3367) ... (3878) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2023
Who you rooting for in the horror genre this year.
It's quite funny not seeing The Nun 2 here.
No Evil Dead Rise sef.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
I sha know that this Super Mario Bros movie is smashing the box office.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2023
abduleez1:
No Evil Dead Rise sef.
I didn't know m3gan is horror i will check it out
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
abduleez1:
No Evil Dead Rise sef.
It's a top 5 list,
Evil Dead Rise is definitely in the top 10.

M3gan is currently getting rave reviews so it's an early contender.
My most anticipated are Evil Dead Rise, The Exorcist, and Salem Lot.
If Salem Lot is adapted close to the source, could be one of the scariest horrors of the year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
abduleez1:

Some if it are true.... Not sure what to think if Super Pets but I feel that was a win for DJ last year. Especially when you look at how bad Disney animation fared in comparison to it. I'm surprised it hit $205mn. Not enough but did well to break even.

I'm very sure of that Cavill scenario when he went directly to Zaslav and bypassing everyone. That has been said by many scoopers even way before this Variety piece. Remember when I was telling y'all back then that it was actually Toby Emmerich that canned Cavill and doesn't like him. Walter couldn't do much cos all DC Films were under the parent studio control. See how, exactly when Toby leaves that's when Cavill shows up. If it wasn't for the merger I'm sure we won't even see a Cavill cameo.

Cavill was brought in last minute sef at an attempt of making 7Bucks production company being a major player in DC lore. They (DJ & Hiram Garcia) wanted to carve a major separate corridor of dc to themselves and Superman was a major part of it.

All these things no really concern me sha I just want dope movies that pay homage to the comic books.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
abduleez1:
No Evil Dead Rise sef.

None (pun intended)
I'm rooting for nun of them
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
pu7pl3:

All these things no really concern me sha I just want dope movies that pay homage to the comic books.

This is what I wishe and hope for too. All those background drama no too concern me as far they can deliver great movies and critically acclaimed adaptations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
abduleez1:

This is what I wishe and hope for too. All those background drama no too concern me as far they can deliver great movies and critically acclaimed adaptations.

Let's see how Blue beetle fares, funny enough it's my most anticipated DC movie right now...

Another 1.7bn loading wink
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
pu7pl3:

None (pun intended)
I'm rooting for nun of them

You no dey fear again abi. grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2023
pu7pl3:

Let's see how Blue beetle fares, funny enough it's my most anticipated DC movie right now...

You don start again abi. grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2023
abduleez1:

You no dey fear again abi. grin grin

whaaaaat? Nooooo.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2023
abduleez1:

You don start again abi. grin cheesy

Lol...let me be real tho...I'm thinking 599m-699m
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 7:04pm On Jan 05, 2023
pu7pl3:

Ma nigga

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JohnnyMcCarthy: 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
The hype is on ✓✓✓
Next stop - The Superbowl
For the past 17 years no WB movie has seen this level of marketing

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JohnnyMcCarthy: 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
Quality input ✓✓✓
Rewarding output

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
IbrahimMav:

It's a top 5 list,
Evil Dead Rise is definitely in the top 10.

M3gan is currently getting rave reviews so it's an early contender.
My most anticipated are Evil Dead Rise, The Exorcist, and Salem Lot.
If Salem Lot is adapted close to the source, could be one of the scariest horrors of the year.

I've been hearing good things about the old Salem's Lot. I might watch it before this reboot.
This year has a pack of rebooted horror movies as against last year's loads of originals.

I never really gave Megan a chance. And I refused to check the trailer sef thinking it's a cheap Chucky knock-off. I might just check it out cos of the reviews.

Anyways, WB is set to win big in the horror genre this year. They've got three with Nun 2, Evil Dead Rise and Salem's Lot. All IPs.
I feel WB not releasing a single horror movie last year heavily affected their revenue base. They could have easily cashed out from last year's largesse.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
Bruh, this numbers is unreal... cheesy

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
Bruhhhhhh!!!

After watching this Evil Dead Rise trailer, mehn I'm blown away. It's officially my most anticipated horror movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ1hzzWJUYo

M Night Syamalan's Cabin is a great spin on the genre. Prolly the most innovative idea from the genre this decade. And Dave Bautista sure looks to giving us another feast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv_QhoUy-xc
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 100naira(m): 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2023
knives out 7.5/10

Glass onion 7/10

Knives out was better in all aspects, I enjoyed Glass onion's shenanigans but the plot was shiit
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2023
abduleez1:

I've been hearing good things about the old Salem's Lot. I might watch it before this reboot.
This year has a pack of rebooted horror movies as against last year's loads of originals.

I never really gave Megan a chance. And I refused to check the trailer sef thinking it's a cheap Chucky knock-off. I might just check it out cos of the reviews.

Anyways, WB is set to win big in the horror genre this year. They've got three with Nun 2, Evil Dead Rise and Salem's Lot. All IPs.
I feel WB not releasing a single horror movie last year heavily affected their revenue base. They could have easily cashed out from last year's largesse.

Forget the movies, they're all poor adaptations.
Just read the novel, it's so much better.
I've a feeling they will get it right this time.

Nothing wrong with reboot as long as you do it right.
Commercially, reboot is a safer bet than original ideas due to the fact that a fanbase has already been established.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2023
IbrahimMav:

The only exclusions I'll fault there are Dune 2 and Oppenheimer although I could see how fans wouldn't be very keen on seeing them.
F&F franchise is on its last legs.
Save for a few diehard DC fans, no ones gives a shit about The Flash....the allegations trailing Ezra doesn't help matters either.
I agree Fast X won't do as much as other recent Fast and Furious movies, but I still believe it will perform better (financially) than Mario and Ballad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 8:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
Forget post COVID excuse, Avatar might make 3bn before July.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
abduleez1:
No Evil Dead Rise sef.
Does Salem's lot have a release date?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2023
Kaycee7:
Abduleez when he sees No. 1 grin
Margot better score one with Barbie, she's on her a way to being certified box office poison with three back to back flops
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:12pm On Jan 05, 2023
phr0nesis:

Nope. It's still undated.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
abduleez1:

Nope. It's still undated.
And yet they placed it number one among the most anticipated horror of 2023. A movie they might end up releasing in 2058
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2023
JohnnyMcCarthy:
The hype is on ✓✓✓
Next stop - The Superbowl
For the past 17 years no WB movie has seen this level of marketing
the show is garbage...
The movie will continue the garbage streak
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 9:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
phr0nesis:

I agree Fast X won't as much as other recent Fast and Furious movies, but I still believe it will perform better (financially) than Mario and Ballad

a F&F film is a guaranteed box office success esp with China in play.
But don't sleep on Mario Bros,
It has huge following and the success of the games proves that.
It wouldn't surprise me if it becomes one of the highest grossing films of the year.

As for Hunger Games prequel, WOM will decide if it has legs or not.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 9:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
phr0nesis:

April 21st.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
phr0nesis:

And yet they placed it number one among the most anticipated horror of 2023. A movie they might end up releasing in 2058

Salem's highly anticipated bruh.
I've been hearing of it since 2021. It was supposed to release last year sef. WB's money crunch must have push it all the way this year cos that film been finished since. Just release remaining.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 10:06pm On Jan 05, 2023
Karleb:
Forget post COVID excuse, Avatar might make 3bn before July.

Nah it doesn't work like that.
It won't gross beyond 2.5bn.
At best, it will gross 2.2bn, at worst 1.9bn.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:09pm On Jan 05, 2023
Man could potentially be the only director with three $2bn movies.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) (3365) (3366) (3367) ... (3878) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.