Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,411 members, 7,901,143 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 01:29 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3903950 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) (3513) (3514) ... (3881) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:13pm On May 06, 2023
Barbie Supremacy 🙌🙌

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:15pm On May 06, 2023
Robbie is everywhere... 😂
Possibly could be the next Sue Storm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:18pm On May 06, 2023
abduleez1:
Robbie is everywhere... 😂
Possibly could be the next Sue Storm.

Fûck yes
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:19pm On May 06, 2023
MCU girl power here we come... grin grin

Second pic for context. 😉😉

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:23pm On May 06, 2023
abduleez1:

Brooo, you just mentioned almost all of my most anticipated films of the year, except Rebel Moon. Still anticipating it but not in my top list. A trailer or two might change my mind
. You dey beef my mans Egbon Zack Snyder? 😄😄. The man dey gbà sometimes but he his one of my faves so i am always up for anything he has out

I honestly thought I was the only one anticipating "Barbie".. People go collect premium shock. grin
I dey anticipate am die but i no dey too loud am for obvious reasons 👀👀👀😂 plus Greta Gerwig is an accomplished filmmaker, i have personally really enjoyed her last 2 flicks.

Yep, saw some peeps saying the poster is @ss. 😭

The first poster was far far better..after a "nuclear bomb blow up without CGI" probably there wasn't enough money left in the Budget to hire a proper graphics guy for the poster lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:45pm On May 06, 2023
oyaskii:
. You dey beef my mans Egbon Zack Snyder? 😄😄. The man dey gbà sometimes but he his one of my faves so i am always up for anything he has out
I dey anticipate am die but i no dey too loud am for obvious reasons 👀👀👀😂 plus Greta Gerwig is an accomplished filmmaker, i have personally really enjoyed her last 2 flicks.

Na wetin dey pain me for him matter be dis. Na cos of the way I felt with AOTD make me get muted optimism. Of course I must turn up for any of him projects. I'm just wary of what he'd deliver based on it being modelled after Star Wars. Man fit go overcook food with him trying to make it unique, and different. Make we dey wait for trailer sha. It has an interesting cast tho.

Lol, Greta and Margot Robbie are the real draw. She never disappoint. I never still watch her Lady Bird yet. My curated list never free.

The first poster was far far better..after a "nuclear bomb blow up without CGI" probably there wasn't enough money left in the Budget to hire a proper graphics guy for the poster lol

Walahi... Nothing can't top that poster with the nuclear mushroom. 🍄 That shït is pure ART!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Sanusiade: 12:10am On May 07, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints1: 12:27am On May 07, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Just saw this account on Twitter. It had 31k followers because of the erotic pictures of arab women it posts

People don't even know the pictures are AI generated...
The person is catfishing with AI generated erotic pictures...wtf

the comments were even more shocking...
See as some men dey fall for AI generated images thinking they were real people...lol

*the pictures were sus af the moment I saw them...
I checked media on the account and knew for sure that they were all fake people

The AIs still make tons of mistakes so it's quite easy to notice if you are observant...
But in a few years, it will be hard af to notice the difference between AI faces and real people

all those AIs boys are madt. No wonder that AI father was saying AI is evil he wish he never initiated it. Food for Yahoo boys don land. Even voice now and image and video call now is now so fvcking real if u get money purchase some of the apps on line for both PC and Android if u have flagship devices u can trick any soul to make millions.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 1:20am On May 07, 2023
These guys on Twitter just made me look up Greta Gerwig because normally I wouldn't give a fûck but the noise was too much. So this woman's directing career has only spanned like seven years in which she has directed only two movies and she's up against Christopher Nolan and they are acting like Chris should be panicking like what the fûck? Her acting career is even bigger than her directing career.

Some even said they thought he would shift Oppenheimer's date. Honestly people just be hopping on the internet and be talking straight out their àsses. Unless there is another Greta Gerwig somewhere that I didn't see cos this can't be the person they are trying to put in the same line with Christopher. Kai, people dey craze for real.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:48am On May 07, 2023
abduleez1:

How many boycotting na do wey affect the Wizarding World Franchise with JK Rowling earning the wrath of "online noisemakers"??

In fact, based on reports from Zaslav, Hogwarts Legacy has delivered $1bn in revenue.
Na go just shout and condemn online to be politically correct but na go secretly go watch or patronise a product if it's good.
Nothing new under the sun bro.

How many of Amber Heard's movies don release sef since her court case with Depp?? 😂

Abi na think say China, Japan and South Korea gives two fvvks if Johnny Depp or Amber Heard dey the film or not.
Na dey mistake what Hollywood or America thinks with the opinions of the rest of the world. If that film is good and well marketed, it's gonna make money regardless. In fact I see nothing less than $650mn presently especially if China turns up. I never see trailer yet oo to determine audience reaction and gauge anticipation levels.

Forget all this capping.
Bro go and compare the boxoffice success of the first and second Fantastic beasts to the third, the first and second outshines the third, it has the lowest earnings because JD didn't play as Grindelwald, so just forget it.

If Disney mistakingly release pirates without JD, it will automatically flop or it won't make as much as the others. that's fan power right there. JD told the media that if Disney offer him millions of dollars and alpacas he won't accept the deal because they wrong him badly, they didn't investigation about the allegations Amber turd threw on him before they kicked him off. WB also messed up too for also kicking him off the fantastic beasts project, the worst self is Disney because JD have been with them for almost 2 decades and still yet they couldn't trust him, it's really painful.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:40am On May 07, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
Bro go and compare the boxoffice success of the first and second Fantastic beasts to the third, the first and second outshines the third, it has the lowest earnings because JD didn't play as Grindelwald, so just forget it.

If Disney mistakingly release pirates without JD, it will automatically flop or it won't make as much as the others. that's fan power right there. JD told the media that if Disney offer him millions of dollars and alpacas he won't accept the deal because they wrong him badly, they didn't investigation about the allegations Amber turd threw on him before they kicked him off. WB also messed up too for also kicking him off the fantastic beasts project, the worst self is Disney because JD have been with them for almost 2 decades and still yet they couldn't trust him, it's really painful.

All these ones na long talk. Saying Fantastic Beasts didn't do well at the box office because of Johnny Depp is ironically disingenuous. The FB franchise has been getting reduced success on each installment because the films are not so good... and not majorly cos of Depp.

Claiming Depp was the main cause when there's also an Ezra Miller with serious controversy back then that he was exempted from the promo of the film is funny. Couple that with JK Rowling issues with the LGBT community back then when the issue was so hot. Now add to it that the films after the first Fantastic Beasts wasn't good and even Grindelwald portrayal wasn't all that pleasing to Harry Potter fans. So let's stop pretending as if Johnny Depp was very influential in that franchise.

Many people concur Mads Mikkelsen was the better actor portraying Gellert Grindelwald. So your talking points with JD continues to wane.

If he was that important FB 2 wouldn't gross a massive $158mn less than the first FB film where Johnny played a very minute role with just an ending cameo. A film (FB 2) where Grindelwald was much important and the centre of the whole film with full screentime for JD yet still underperformed massively both financially and critically. In fact the film FB 2 is the worst reviewed of the franchise. That says a lot.

All these facts and scenarios are what I trust than simply coming out and shouting "so so and so franchise is not successful cos this person left".
All those ones na Lamba to console oneself.
Saying these and that when the facts are there is just plain delusion to me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 8:14am On May 07, 2023
SOZINN:
2023 has still got a lot more to give. Can't even believe my fuckîng wait list.
not bad. The list is lit. 👍
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 12:58pm On May 07, 2023
Rush..9/10
Genre: Biography, Sports, Action

A look into the rivalry between two of the greatest Formula One drivers, the Briton, James Hunt and the Austrian, Niki Lauda.

If you enjoyed Ford vs Ferrari, you'd definitely love this one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 1:03pm On May 07, 2023
Sinster 2012...6.5/10
Genre: Horror, Mystery

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 1:29pm On May 07, 2023
majesticguy:
Rush..9/10
Genre: Biography, Sports, Action

A look into the rivalry between two of the greatest Formula One drivers, the Briton, James Hunt and the Austrian, Niki Lauda.

If you enjoyed Ford vs Ferrari, you'd definitely love this one.

I think this has to be the most dangerous sports in the history of sporting events.

Going at death defying speed, through lot of sharp turns and bends, under extreme weather conditions most times, any slightest mistake and you either end up as Suya or you're mortally wounded.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 3:20pm On May 07, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:

Bro you're just talking about two dead projects. Fantastic beasts is a dead project and WB should stop considering the production of movies about the whole wizarding world nonsense. Nobody gives a fûck anymore. They should just stick to making video games cos that's where you can remodel the same old garbage over and over again as an "upgrade" and your audience will buy that shît. Harry Potter is a story that has been told and sold and without a doubt it was a success.

Then they dug up some characters from fûck knows where and put them in a confusing script and try to sell it with HP's fame. Rowling aside, forget Ezra, have you actually watched this shît? They don't know where the fück they are going with this story. On the other hand, Pirates of the Caribbean had hit its peak on the chart and it's been on a decline. Also Johnny is making too much money from this garbage they are releasing, can't continue to pay if they can't cover it with the films success. 🤷🏾‍♂️

You can argue that if they make another Pirates movie and put Johnny's name on it that it will sell and I'll tell you that whatever zeal or motivation people have to see him on the big screen again will be quickly killed off by an over used bûllshit script. People will come out of the cinema with reviews saying that he carried the thing and that won't be reason enough for it to gross a billion or turn in a huge profit. So it's really got nothing to do with Johnny and Amber's trial.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:51pm On May 07, 2023
SOZINN:

Bro you're just talking about two dead projects. Fantastic beasts is a dead project and WB should stop considering the production of movies about the whole wizarding world nonsense. Nobody gives a fûck anymore. They should just stick to making video games cos that's where you can remodel the same old garbage over and over again as an "upgrade" and your audience will buy that shît. Harry Potter is a story that has been told and sold and without a doubt it was a success.

Then they dug up some characters from fûck knows where and put them in a confusing script and try to sell it with HP's fame. Rowling aside, forget Ezra, have you actually watched this shît? They don't know where the fück they are going with this story. On the other hand, Pirates of the Caribbean had hit its peak on the chart and it's been on a decline. Also Johnny is making too much money from this garbage they are releasing, can't continue to pay if they can't cover it with the films success. 🤷🏾‍♂️

You can argue that if they make another Pirates movie and put Johnny's name on it that it will sell and I'll tell you that whatever zeal or motivation people have to see him on the big screen again will be quickly killed off by an over used bûllshit script. People will come out of the cinema with reviews saying that he carried the thing and that won't be reason enough for it to gross a billion or turn in a huge profit. So it's really got nothing to do with Johnny and Amber's trial.
Ok boss, I agree with you without demur. there's no need prolonging this discussion. 🙂

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 4:52pm On May 07, 2023
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3

RATING 9.5/10.

Marvel is back! This movie is a bittersweet one. But everything in the movie is great. It conveys love, happiness, sadness, loss and growth very well.

The use of classic hit music to convey moods was a nice touch.

The fight scenes were very creative.

All the main characters got some character development.

DC watch out!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:54pm On May 07, 2023
Weekend Watch List

- Renfield (2023)

Renfield, the tortured aide to his narcissistic boss, Dracula, is forced to procure his master's prey and do his every bidding. However, after centuries of servitude, he's ready to see if there's a life outside the shadow of the Prince of Darkness.

- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

Still reeling from the loss of Gamora, Peter Quill must rally his team to defend the universe and protect one of their own. If the mission is not completely successful, it could possibly lead to the end of the Guardians as we know them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:55pm On May 07, 2023
abduleez1:

All these ones na long talk. Saying Fantastic Beasts didn't do well at the box office because of Johnny Depp is ironically disingenuous. The FB franchise has been getting reduced success on each installment because the films are not so good... and not majorly cos of Depp.

Claiming Depp was the main cause when there's also an Ezra Miller with serious controversy back then that he was exempted from the promo of the film is funny. Couple that with JK Rowling issues with the LGBT community back then when the issue was so hot. Now add to it that the films after the first Fantastic Beasts wasn't good and even Grindelwald portrayal wasn't all that pleasing to Harry Potter fans. So let's stop pretending as if Johnny Depp was very influential in that franchise.

Many people concur Mads Mikkelsen was the better actor portraying Gellert Grindelwald. So your talking points with JD continues to wane.

If he was that important FB 2 wouldn't gross a massive $158mn less than the first FB film where Johnny played a very minute role with just an ending cameo. A film (FB 2) where Grindelwald was much important and the centre of the whole film with full screentime for JD yet still underperformed massively both financially and critically. In fact the film FB 2 is the worst reviewed of the franchise. That says a lot.

All these facts and scenarios are what I trust than simply coming out and shouting "so so and so franchise is not successful cos this person left".
All those ones na Lamba to console oneself.
Saying these and that when the facts are there is just plain delusion to me.
Okay bro, let's agree to disagree. 🙂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:10pm On May 07, 2023
NaijaMemes:
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3

RATING 9.5/10.

Marvel is back! This movie is a bittersweet one. But everything in the movie is great. It conveys love, happiness, sadness, loss and growth very well.

The use of classic hit music to convey moods was a nice touch.

The fight scenes were very creative.

All the main characters got some character development.

DC watch out!

Was the writing good enough to properly explain how Gamora is back in this after the events of "Avengers: Infinity war 2018" ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 5:12pm On May 07, 2023
oyaskii:
Was the writing good enough to properly explain how Gamora is back in this after the events of "Avengers: Infinity war 2018" ?

It was mentioned in the movie and even explained lightly in an exposition.

However, the explanation was already clear from the last Avengers movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:07pm On May 07, 2023
Renfield..... 6.5/10

Enjoyable flick and funny moments. It's entertaining.
It's a perfect representation of a guilty pleasure movie. It has some plot holes and inconsistencies but not bad enough to spoil the movie since it doesn't take inself seriously.
Nicolas Cage and Hoult dynamic relationship and acting was refreshing and a joy to watch.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:09pm On May 07, 2023
NaijaMemes:

It was mentioned in the movie and even explained lightly in an exposition.

However, the explanation was already clear from the last Avengers movie.

Her fate wasn't exactly clear in the last Avengers movie and I remember the Writers of "Endgame" at comicon 2019, saying they left her character "open" in the least logical way possible so that James Gunn could make this GOTG V3. We know it was the 2014 version of her that didn't know Peter Quill or the rest of the gang, that we saw in "End-game" and that was the only excerpt we got if i could remember.

I know there's no way i am pressing you further on this without entering spoiler territory so thanks 👍
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 9:00pm On May 07, 2023
🎥 The Artifice Girl (2022) = 4.7/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:20pm On May 07, 2023
Lol, if this is not the outright best piece of dialogue I've heard from a demon, then I don't know what is... 😭😂

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:38pm On May 07, 2023
abduleez1:
Lol, if this is not the outright best piece of dialogue I've heard from a demon, then I don't know what is... 😭😂

Which movie is this from? 😂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by neztar: 10:42pm On May 07, 2023
Zatima is fúcking hilarious. You motherfúckers need to see it

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by neztar: 10:44pm On May 07, 2023
abduleez1:
Sounds like sth from the conjuring: the devil made me do it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:48pm On May 07, 2023
SOZINN:

Which movie is this from? 😂

From The Pope's Exorcist ...
Bruh, shit is pretty good. Just finished watching it now. Absolute blast, pretty dark and great storytelling. The dialogue sef between priest and demon is arguably the best I've seen in supernatural horror. It's a blast. You'd catch yourself laughing at some of the dialogue sef.

Premium hardcore R rating.... Exactly how I love my horror. The storytelling and acting has been the best I've seen in the subgenre in a long while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 10:58pm On May 07, 2023
abduleez1:

From The Pope's Exorcist ...
Bruh, shit is pretty good. Just finished watching it now. Absolute blast, pretty dark and great storytelling. The dialogue sef between priest and demon is arguably the best I've seen in supernatural horror. It's a blast. You'd catch yourself laughing at some of the dialogue sef.

Premium hardcore R rating.... Exactly how I love my horror. The storytelling and acting has been the best I've seen in the subgenre in a long while.
I love the exchange between the exorcist and the demon, crazy stuff grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) (3513) (3514) ... (3881) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.