Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:16 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3854677 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3570) (3571) (3572) (3573) (3574) (3575) (3576) ... (3872) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
Happy birthday, Abduleez1.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2023
Beorn:
Happy birthday, Abduleez1.

Thanks bro...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 10:36pm On Jun 22, 2023
abduleez1:
cheesy cheesy
A remake of Chu Yun Fat's The Killer?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:38pm On Jun 22, 2023
abduleez1:

We plenty. People wey I personally know, we reach 3 wey dey celebrate today. grin grin I got some already celebrated last week.

I still Sabi two more for tomorrow and the next.

Una plenty but Una get beef with cake
I never chop any body cake since dem open gate for Una this month.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 10:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
abduleez1:
Bro watched it for the Realism... 😂😂
this is what we call bad belle.

If he's looking for real, he should go and watch Extraction 2, heck even that isn't real. He should tell us which Hollywood flick is real. Even the Outpost and Lone Survivor that is based on true life event isn't real when the events entered Hollywood.

Dude should take a chill pill and look out his window. Maybe he'll find some real event watching his wife take out the trash.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
Kanhadar (2023).......7.5/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:22am On Jun 23, 2023
pu7pl3:

Una plenty but Una get beef with cake
I never chop any body cake since dem open gate for Una this month.

Lol, No vex for us. Na Tinubunomics. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:26am On Jun 23, 2023
ShaqFu:
A remake of Chu Yun Fat's The Killer?

Nah, I don't think so. This is most likely an original.
Fincher is also known to be obsessed with serial killers or psychotic people.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:29am On Jun 23, 2023
ShaqFu:

If he's looking for real, he should go and watch Extraction 2, heck even that isn't real. He should tell us which Hollywood flick is real. Even the Outpost and Lone Survivor that is based on true life event isn't real when the events entered Hollywood.

Dude should take a chill pill and look out his window. Maybe he'll find some real event watching his wife take out the trash.

grin grin

It's becoming amusing these days when some top directors come out and bash works of others they feel are less cinema. 😂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:34am On Jun 23, 2023
David Fincher's most violent movie...

Me:

grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:44am On Jun 23, 2023
As it should be.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:54am On Jun 23, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
As it should be.
Nah! Spiderman 2 should be on top.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:54am On Jun 23, 2023
It's morbin time!!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:57am On Jun 23, 2023
This kind of lineup and you say Cinema ain't back in 2023??

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 8:16am On Jun 23, 2023
abduleez1:
Nothing spectacular on this list. The two already released (Beau is Afraid and Knock at the Cabin) had average reception both critically and commercially. Two others about to be released (Asteroid City and Indiana Jones) seem to be heading towards that direction. We can only hope that the rest perform better
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 8:44am On Jun 23, 2023
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:23am On Jun 23, 2023
phr0nesis:

Nothing spectacular on this list. The two already released (Beau is Afraid and Knock at the Cabin) had average reception both critically and commercially. Two others about to be released (Asteroid City and Indiana Jones) seem to be heading towards that direction. We can only hope that the rest perform better

If you ask me, the weakest of the lineup are out already. Asteroid City has decent critical rating. It's mostly people not in tune with the director's style. Same can be said for Beau is Afraid with Ari Aster's auteur style of storytelling. Not everyone finds it appealing. Doesn't necessarily mean its bad.

There's Dune 2, Barbie, Oppenheimer and co with strong word of mouth.

The Killer, Napoleon and Killers of The Flower Moon looks like sleeper hits. At least critically.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:39am On Jun 23, 2023
abduleez1:
The one's out already either tank critically or commercially, or both yeah?. It has been gradual, but i feel movies don't generally get people excited anymore and the movie pop culture is eroding fast, there are a number of factors that have contributed to this flaw. A movie has a high chance of tanking than actually been good now, it's that bad. I have hinged my litmus test on "Barbie" and "Oppenheimer", since they are the nearest big titles we looking forward to, if those tank, then we have a problem.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 9:59am On Jun 23, 2023
abduleez1:

If you ask me, the weakest of the lineup are out already. Asteroid City has decent critical rating. It's mostly people not in tune with the director's style. Same can be said for Beau is Afraid with Ari Aster's auteur style of storytelling. Not everyone finds it appealing. Doesn't necessarily mean its bad.

There's Dune 2, Barbie, Oppenheimer and co with strong word of mouth.

The Killer, Napoleon and Killers of The Flower Moon looks like sleeper hits. At least critically.
I believe they will do well critically, but they can go either way commercially. Dune is the only movie there that I can confidently expect to do magic all round
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:12am On Jun 23, 2023
Wow. The game stop stock shock. Imagine a situation when the stock can only be sold and not bought because the price just kept going up. Kept on going up.

I read the guy who started the stuff made over 30 million bucks.

I remember reading about this sometime ago. Most definitely gonna see. In the league of the big short and co.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_bhwsRfOQ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:16am On Jun 23, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, No vex for us. Na Tinubunomics. grin grin

Indeed indeed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:18am On Jun 23, 2023
ShaqFu:

Make he watch sisu .....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:20am On Jun 23, 2023
armadeo:

Make he watch sisu .....

That one will make him convulse definitely

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 10:43am On Jun 23, 2023
Verily I say to you, the days of birth celebrations of the shylocks and misers shall leave the ground drier than the sands of the desert.

HBD bro, wet ground for folks cheesy
abduleez1:

Thanks bro...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:25am On Jun 23, 2023
Calibrator:
Verily I say to you, the days of birth celebrations of the shylocks and misers shall leave the ground drier than the sands of the desert.

HBD bro, wet ground for folks cheesy

You say....

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:25am On Jun 23, 2023
pu7pl3:

That one will make him convulse definitely

Funnily enough, na the SISU I dey watch like dis.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2023
abduleez1:
Special thanks to everyone that wished me well on my special day. Kaycee7, Oyaskii, pu7pl3, Naijamemes, Phronesis, Bankygee big ups to you all.

I Just got out of jail to say a belated happy birthday

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Sanusiade: 2:25pm On Jun 23, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:33pm On Jun 23, 2023
Seen many people complain about this Multiverse on Twitter and Reddit...
Even this thread, almost all agreed and said it's basically now a popular opinion

But some people on Nairaland act as if I'm the only one that has an issue with the Multiverse concept

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 4:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
abduleez1:

Funnily enough, na the SISU I dey watch like dis.

That movie still dey burst my head till now bruh
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
pu7pl3:

That movie still dey burst my head till now bruh

Lol, if I tell you my opinion of the movie you no gj like am. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3570) (3571) (3572) (3573) (3574) (3575) (3576) ... (3872) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.