Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,197 members, 7,873,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:24 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3611) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3852096 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3608) (3609) (3610) (3611) (3612) (3613) (3614) ... (3871) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:10am On Jul 16, 2023
Illusioneffect:

No plot holes whatsoever, yo the movie even has a 100% audience approval rating in rotten tomatoes after 10,000 ratings. They just called it a Qnon conspiracy - a movie about child sex trafficking 🤦🏽‍♂️, it was the same Rolling Stones that called the Netflix movie 'Cuties' a misunderstood movie, movie were 7 year old girls were touching themselves sexually 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

I've always known I can't depend on some major mainstream media outlets to report the truth when it comes to certain topics. Similar to how most critic's movie reviews can't always be trusted. When advancing an agenda, they ditch credibility. I've read enough reviews on Facebook and observed audience feedback to conclude that this is a quality film.

When I read the comments under that CNN video, I simply thought that everything seemed a little strange. The speaker in attendance makes the claim that the film uses excessively exaggerated statistics and feeds conspiracy theories. He explains to the anchor that they attempt to make child sex trafficking appear more widespread than it actually is. Isn't one child already too many, one might then ask.

Let's then explore the QAnon hoax. What do its adherents claim that is so absurd and unbelievable? It's just a theory that there is a sizable underground child trafficking ring, many elites are involved in it and that children are used for all sorts of things. Why won't so many people believe it after what happened with Jeffery Epstein? Remember they told us that Epstein was part of a larger child trafficking ring and many of his associates have not been apprehended.

I'm just happy that people are showing up to support the project; the box office results are fantastic. The protection of children is the issue here, not left wing or right wing. Parents with kids who aspire to be famous in Hollywood should keep a close eye on those kids. Promises are what pedophiles in high places use to lure kids.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:15am On Jul 16, 2023
pryme:

If you are the type that likes watching or listening to long Podcast you can watch this interview from Tim Pool with the man himself (Tim Ballard) and the Producer of the movie, hearing the story from him himself was just as good as it's gets, one of the interesting Part was they had to go to filming location with 30 ex Navy Seals because Jim Caveizel's wife will not allow her husband go near Colombia because of safety concerns, THEN SOME OF THE NAVY SEALS LEFT THE FILMING LOCATION TO BUST A TRAFFICKING RING.

I really recommend you watch this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/live/UK3NWozQXdY?feature=share

It's a little over 2hrs long

Thanks for the recommendation, will watch this later.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2023
Pearl Harbor: 10/10
Genre: Biopics, Action, Drama

Damn!..... Pearl harbor was a massacre. The Japs really came prepared and they delivered premium vulwance. This was just too terrifying to watch, the horrors melted by the Japs in their planes against the US at Pearl harbor were just unspeakable.

The US striking Hiroshima and Nagasaki with nukes was simply overkill but it was clearly the Japs who drew first blood. Don't get it twisted, should the tables be turned, the Japs would have done worse, unleashed hell itself on US soil.

The dialogue, cinematography, character build up, music score, acting, vfx were all top notch, considering it was a 2001 movie. It's a perfect 10 for me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2023
🎥 Asteroid City (2023) = 5.9/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
🎥 God Is A Bullet (2023) = 5/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2023
Remember The Titan: 8/10
Genre: Biopics, Drama, Sports

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2023
The Blind Side:8/10
Genre: Biopics, Drama Sports

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:15pm On Jul 16, 2023
🎥 Warhorse One (2023) = 1.2/10 ❌

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2023
WriterNig:

😂🤣🤣 I l thought I warned everyone here about this movie. One of the worst movies, if not the worst (well I'm still waiting for the flash to confirm something) released this year so far ... Well it seems you have enough MB at your disposal.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2023
oyaskii:
lol I have found out that the there's more thrill in filling up your HDD and hoarding than actually watching the files.
😃. Before i would download anything and hoard anything on site, but i now, I'm very selective of the titles i indulge in and download because of space, because i think 7 HDD is an overdrive already, but if i see a good deal like you, i go reason am 😅.

Exactly at the bolded 😃...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2023
WriterNig:
grin grin

It seems y'all watch anything grin

When I'm not getting paid to review, why would I be watching movies that I'll end up eating so low?

The few I did, I deeply regretted them...

That's why I'm very selective and my ratings are rarely less than 6.5/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2023
SOZINN:

I've always known I can't depend on some major mainstream media outlets to report the truth when it comes to certain topics. Similar to how most critic's movie reviews can't always be trusted. When advancing an agenda, they ditch credibility. I've read enough reviews on Facebook and observed audience feedback to conclude that this is a quality film.

When I read the comments under that CNN video, I simply thought that everything seemed a little strange. The speaker in attendance makes the claim that the film uses excessively exaggerated statistics and feeds conspiracy theories. He explains to the anchor that they attempt to make child sex trafficking appear more widespread than it actually is. Isn't one child already too many, one might then ask.

Let's then explore the QAnon hoax. What do its adherents claim that is so absurd and unbelievable? It's just a theory that there is a sizable underground child trafficking ring, many elites are involved in it and that children are used for all sorts of things. Why won't so many people believe it after what happened with Jeffery Epstein? Remember they told us that Epstein was part of a larger child trafficking ring and many of his associates have not been apprehended.

I'm just happy that people are showing up to support the project; the box office results are fantastic. The protection of children is the issue here, not left wing or right wing. Parents with kids who aspire to be famous in Hollywood should keep a close eye on those kids. Promises are what pedophiles in high places use to lure kids.
You should listen to the Tucker Carlson and Tate's interview, it's just so amazing.
I once saw myself as a Democrat/Liberal but after the covid incident and the war in Ukraine stuff I just found myself listening to both ends of the spectrum to get a firm view on things - both Fox and CNN and I realised how blinded by the mass media I was. If you want to get a firm view on politics and moral don't just listen to one side of the story, listen to CNN, Candace Owens, Don Lemon, The blabber VP of the United States, Shapiro, The Daily Wire and the rest just to know where your morals stand 🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2023
I predict 750m - 950m at the end of its run

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 3

Now this is a movie. It has more heart than the first two installments, darker, less humour and plenty poignant moments. Lightening struck the same place three times. Quite a rarity.

Highly recommended.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2023
The week is upon us..ladies and gents 🥹😌

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2023
oyaskii:

I'll be there no matter what

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2023
Ishilove:

Now this is a movie. It has more heart than the first two installments, less humour and plenty poignant moments. Lightening struck the same place three times. Quite a rarity.

Highly recommended.
While this one had less humour compared to the previous two, I had more laugh here surprisingly. The jokes landed perfectly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:27pm On Jul 16, 2023
BlackManta:

You know Ball!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2023
BlackManta:

You beat me to that second pic.... grin grin

I've been saying since that based on the pedigree of the director the movie ain't going to be the full campy shït some are expecting.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
°°°

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2023
oyaskii:
You know Ball!

Y'all know the goal.... Barbenheimer supremacy. 🙌🙌

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2023
😶

2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2023
nani667:
°°°
this looks AI generated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2023
oyaskii:
Nah I pass, Oppenheimer for me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
The Most Toxic Fanbases online according to statistics

How are Rihanna fans more toxic than Call of Duty fans? grin grin

How are death note fans more toxic than AOT and FMA fans grin

Marvel and DC fanbase dey so low on the list at all sef grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kkins25(m): 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
Ishilove:

Now this is a movie. It has more heart than the first two installments, less humour and plenty poignant moments. Lightening struck the same place three times. Quite a rarity.

Highly recommended.
Correct.. Added to my list

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:49pm On Jul 16, 2023
Nickshrapnel:
While this one had less humour compared to the previous two, I had more laugh here surprisingly. The jokes landed perfectly.
I think the first installment was the funniest. That's where we learn Drax is very literal. "Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too sharp" is a line that is forever burned in my brain 😁😁😁. That is also one of the problems I have with the movie. It's like the writers forgot Drax doesn't know what metaphors are (reads literal meanings to every single statement) and made him to seem stupid/dumb.

For me, the star of the movie is the actor who played the mad scientist villain, High Evolutionary. The guy is an excellent actor. He was so good that I had to Google him and wasn't surprised to find out he began his career in British theatre. He made his character so...larger than life for lack of better words. The High Evolutionary is seeking to create a Utopic world because he himself is so fundamentally flawed and doesn't realise it. He is sadistic, psychotic and has absolutely no redeeming quality. The actor brought this character to life and you find yourself totally arrested once he opens his mouth to speak.

Chukwudi Iwuji is the star of the movie, in my opinion.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 9:52pm On Jul 16, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I predict 750m - 950m at the end of its run

Lol, don't get ahead of yourself.... grin

This is never getting close to $1bn or even $900mn sef. It's safest bet is around $700-750mn.
It has mad competition this summer with Barbie and Oppenheimer. And Barbie is overperforming that theatres can't keep up with demand and adding more screens to it.

It had great opening overseas but it's US domestic opening is an underperformance. Hitting just $80mn in a 5-day opening weekend is weak. Especially when you consider all the IMAX and PLF screens it's hoarding. Industry projected $90mn.

Good worldwide gross tho.... It'd have great legs I presume, as is normal for the MI franchise.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:40am On Jul 17, 2023
The Flash came early... Probably due to UK's digital release today, it ought to have been tomorrow as per USA digital release.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:53am On Jul 17, 2023
majesticguy:
The Flash came early... Probably due to UK's digital release today, it ought to tomorrow as per USA digital release.
guess is that they would have fixed the CGI for digital release...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:21am On Jul 17, 2023
Baddestguyp:
guess is that they would have fixed the CGI for digital release...
The CGI is not why the movie failed, so why will they further waste money on a pipe dream? They just wanna release it digitally and closed the chapter as quickly as possible has they have already written this off as a monumental loss.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 8:35am On Jul 17, 2023
Pirates of the terrible high seas, we feast early 😂

(1) (2) (3) ... (3608) (3609) (3610) (3611) (3612) (3613) (3614) ... (3871) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.