Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,317 members, 7,943,785 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:34 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3885) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3979941 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3882) (3883) (3884) (3885) (3886) (3887) (3888) ... (3905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:35pm On Jul 31
Kaycee7:
My dude about to go get in the gym and get shredded again only for them to have him fully clothed for the entire movie πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

You saw that too right. Lol

Eternals did him dirty.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hueyreckless0007: 10:43pm On Jul 31

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:47pm On Jul 31
Kaycee7:
My dude about to go get in the gym and get shredded again only for them to have him fully clothed for the entire movie πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Dem do am strong thing that year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:23pm On Jul 31
Updates....

Superman wraps filming and it's merchandise sold out online in minutes.
If the sales was in great quantity, then prolly the Superman movie would have paid part of it's budget in advance with merchandise.
Rumor is it's around $350mn production budget.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 3:20am On Aug 01
Divorce in the black is a solid 7/10 for me. This movie is one realistic evidence that you shouldn't allow rating from imbn or rotten tomatoes influence your decision in watching a movie or a Serie.

Divorce in the black is one of the movies with an indepth revelatory analysis of our society today and all the ills and wrongs of the society, that has to do with family, relationships, marriage, friendship and parenting.

This movie covers all, and it's moral lessons are lessons for everyone out there.
People should endeavor to watch this movie as this movie will guide them into making some life decisions especially concerning relationship and marriage.

Indeed!! Love is not enough.

And a big kudos to the adorable and ever beautiful Meghan Good for playing her role so well and kudos too to all casts and crews.

If the Oscars owned by white people won't recognise black movies like this, i hope there are black organised awards events that will give due recognitions to black excellent movies like this.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:43am On Aug 01
OhBritannia:
Divorce in the black is a solid 7/10 for me. This movie is one realistic evidence that you shouldn't allow rating from imbn or rotten tomatoes influence your decision in watching a movie or a Serie.

Divorce in the black is one of the movies with an indepth revelatory analysis of our society today and all the ills and wrongs of the society, that has to do with family, relationships, marriage, friendship and parenting.

This movie covers all, and it's moral lessons are lessons for everyone out there.
People should endeavor to watch this movie as this movie will guide them into making some life decisions especially concerning relationship and marriage.

Indeed!! Love is not enough.

And a big kudos to the adorable and ever beautiful Meghan Good for playing her role so well and kudos too to all casts and crews.

If the Oscars owned by white people won't recognise black movies like this, i hope there are black organised awards events that will give due recognitions to black excellent movies like this.

A movie you rate this high for a deserved Award for it's brilliance and na only 7/10 you rate am?? πŸ€”πŸ‘€πŸ§ This thing no clear.

If you yourself an advocate for Black Organised Awards don't know about them then what's the point. There's awards like NAACP and BET Awards if you don't know. 😏
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 10:43am On Aug 01
abduleez1:

A movie you rate this high for a deserved Award for it's brilliance and na only 7/10 you rate am?? πŸ€”πŸ‘€πŸ§ This thing no clear.

If you yourself an advocate for Black Organised Awards don't know about them then what's the point. There's awards like NAACP and BET Awards if you don't know. 😏

In life and in general, a score that is 7 out of 10 is an excellent and satisfactory score.
Divorce in the black is an excellent movie in terms of moral lessons and 7 is quite alright based on personal opinion.

When i rate a movie 8 or 9 or 10 it's because of other details like more thrill, deep mystery etc but in the normal sense of it all, a 7/10 is an excellent score.

And on the awards, i know about BET, i just feel like BET is more of a music thing like grammy.

I want something in the category and popularity of an Oscars and Emmy awards for black entertainment.

Something but blacks in the western world and Africans can celebrate like people do with Oscars and Emmy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:55am On Aug 01
OhBritannia:
In life and in general, a score that is 7 out of 10 is an excellent and satisfactory score.
Divorce in the black is an excellent movie in terms of moral lessons and 7 is quite alright based on personal opinion.

When i rate a movie 8 or 9 or 10 it's because of other details like more thrill, deep mystery etc but in the normal sense of it all, a 7/10 is an excellent score.

And on the awards, i know about BET, i just feel like BET is more of a music thing like grammy.

I want something in the category and popularity of an Oscars and Emmy awards for black entertainment.

Something but blacks in the western world and Africans can celebrate like people do with Oscars and Emmy
The Oscars and the Emmy are not particular to any race, and so it's not an white only thing. The AMCVAs takes care of movies of African origin, and so on and so forth, as abduleez1 has stated, there are many other black oriented award platforms that rewards black only media, and surprisingly enough there are none exclusively reserved for caucasians.

Now you wanting a black only award show, that is on the scale of the Oscars or the Emmys might be a far fetched idea, because i don't even think Blacks makes enough really good media consistently to warrant such clout.

If there is an outstanding performance in a movie/show that is black oriented, trust me, the Oscars or the Emmys will recognize them

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:09am On Aug 01
OhBritannia:

Something but blacks in the western world and Africans can celebrate like people do with Oscars and Emmy.

NAACP is an equivalent of Emmys and Oscars put together for the Black Community in America.
Yep, BET is for music as the Grammys, I used that for reference.
They're not just as popular as their counterparts. Let's not lie to ourselves, not many people give a flying fvvk about the NAACP in entertainment. Even the Black actors that win the awards or get nominated would easily swap it out for an Emmy or Oscar. So let's be realistic.

As Oyaskii has said, the Oscars, Emmys, Globes, BAFTAs, SAG Awards etc are not limited to any race. So they're widely embraced around the world.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 11:09am On Aug 01
oyaskii:

If there is an outstanding performance in a movie/show that is black oriented, trust me, the Oscars or the Emmys will recognize them

Yes, because racism and the power of the majority do not exist.

Why does BET exist in the first place? Why was there a hashtag called #OscarsSoWhite.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 11:11am On Aug 01
oyaskii:

Now you wanting a black only award show, that is on the scale of the Oscars or the Emmys might be a far fetched idea, because i don't even think Blacks makes enough really good media consistently to warrant such clout.

A white person saying this in America would be cancelled immediately.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 11:42am On Aug 01
abduleez1:

NAACP is an equivalent of Emmys and Oscars put together for the Black Community in America.
They're not just as popular as their counterparts. Let's not lie to ourselves, not many people give a flying fvvk about the NAACP in entertainment. Even the Black actors that win the awards or get nominated would easily swap it out for an Emmy or Oscar. So let's be realistic.

As Oyaskii has said, the Oscars, Emmys, Globes, BAFTAs, SAG Awards etc are not limited to any race. So they're widely embraced around the world.
Yes fair enough, you are right because even the black actors don't give a fuuuk about our own very black awards.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 11:47am On Aug 01
oyaskii:
The Oscars and the Emmy are not particular to any race, and so it's not an white only thing. The AMCVAs takes care of movies of African origin, and so on and so forth, as abduleez1 has stated, there are many other black oriented award platforms that rewards black only media, and surprisingly enough there are none exclusively reserved for caucasians.

Yeah i agree but truth is that, not every outstanding black movie or show will get due recognitions because systematic racism still exists but it is what It is.

This is just the world we live in and i think the problem is from blacks themselves, they don't appreciate their own.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:50pm On Aug 01
NaijaMemes:

A white person saying this in America would be cancelled immediately.
And when has cancelling ever negate the truth?.

Let me even remove White/Caucasian media from the equation.

Remove the lens of bias from your eyes, and name 10 really good movies or shows that are predominantly black oriented that rivals match or out matches the ones made by Asians, or even Arabs, stride for stride in terms of quality.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 1:06pm On Aug 01
oyaskii:
And when has cancelling ever negate the truth?.

Let me even remove White/Caucasian media from the equation.

Remove the lens of bias from your eyes, and name 10 really good movies or shows that are predominantly black oriented that rivals match or out matches the ones made by Asians, or even Arabs, stride for stride in terms of quality.

One name- Spike Lee. He was good and even had black focused themes and messages. See how Hollywood punished him for that.

From your comment, I just know that you are a typical Conservative, colonial mentality Nigerian. Shame

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mablie(m): 2:09pm On Aug 01
NaijaMemes:

One name- Spike Lee. He was good and even had black focused themes and messages. See how Hollywood punished him for that

From your comment, I just know that you are a typical Conservative, colonial mentality Nigerian. Shame

And also mocked him
My favourite Spike Lee films;
Do The Right Thing--1989, Malcolm X--1992, Clockers--1995,The 25th Hour--2002

Another generally unknown black filmmaker is Carl Franklin.He directed the underrated classics;One False Move--1992 and Devil In A Blue Dress--1995

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 2:43pm On Aug 01
mablie:

And also mocked him
My favourite Spike Lee films;
Do The Right Thing--1989, Malcolm X--1992, Clockers--1995,The 25th Hour--2002

Another generally unknown black filmmaker is Carl Franklin.He directed the underrated classics;One False Move--1992 and Devil In A Blue Dress--1995

I don't know much about Carl Franklin but I will check him out
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 6:06pm On Aug 01
abduleez1:
Updates....

Superman wraps filming and it's merchandise sold out online in minutes.
If the sales was in great quantity, then prolly the Superman movie would have paid part of it's budget in advance with merchandise.
Rumor is it's around $350mn production budget.
The guy for Batman looks too villainy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 6:13pm On Aug 01
BlackManta:

cool

The actuals equivalent just came in: 120 MILLION DOLLARS plus bonuses broπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ. In my opinion, it's desperation from Marvel and greed from Downey Jr.-
Put it in perspective- that money could make Oppenheimer plus another 20 million for something else - SPENT ON ONE MAN! WTF!
The VFX team are not paid enough and they are the ones who work the hardest.
Downey is not even as slightly generous as Keanu Reeves - bro has made more than quarter of a BILLION dollars making Marvel movies and we've not heard him give to charity at all or even try to produce or direct a movie

1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:47pm On Aug 01
Illusioneffect:

The actuals equivalent just came in: 120 MILLION DOLLARS plus bonuses broπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ. In my opinion, it's desperation from Marvel and greed from Downey Jr.-
Put it in perspective- that money could make Oppenheimer plus another 20 million for something else - SPENT ON ONE MAN! WTF!
The VFX team are not paid enough and they are the ones who work the hardest.
Downey is not even as slightly generous as Keanu Reeves - bro has made more than quarter of a BILLION dollars making Marvel movies and we've not heard him give to charity at all or even try to produce or direct a movie

How is Downey Jr too greedy?? No be Marvel agree to pay the money. In my opinion that money is not too outrageous as it sounds, Especially when you take into consideration it's for TWO MOVIES. So that's essentially $60mn per film. The likes of Dwayne Johnson and Ryan Reynolds pockets $40mn a pop for a Netflix movie or from all these rich streamers. That price for Downey ain't too outrageous when you consider his prominent role he's played in the MCU's dominant years.

Tom Cruise pocketed over $100mn in box office revenue for Top Gun: Maverick's outstanding box office performance. People were hailing him them as the vanguard of cinema. So I hardly see much problems with Downey's pay.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ballzproblemm: 2:37am On Aug 02
Batman cape crusader cool

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by camri: 10:27am On Aug 02
abduleez1:

As Oyaskii has said, the Oscars, Emmys, Globes, BAFTAs, SAG Awards etc are not limited to any race. So they're widely embraced around the world
That's not a fact. These awards are just popular on CNN. In real life, most people on earth don't give a hoot

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 1:27pm On Aug 02
Love lies bleeding
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jikins(m): 4:00pm On Aug 02
camri:
That's not a fact. These awards are just popular on CNN. In real life, most people on earth don't give a hoot

True but I feel his point is the people who care about awards in movies and tv series hold these award shows in high esteem
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 4:47pm On Aug 02
pu7pl3:
Love lies bleeding
How you see the movie?
Reviews says its filled up with many lesbian sex scenes
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 4:56pm On Aug 02
kendrick93:
How you see the movie?
Reviews says its filled up with many lesbian sex scenes

It's an average story with great acting performances.

And yes, there are lesbian scenes in it. I think the director is a fan of muscle chicks.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Westman001: 5:26pm On Aug 02
The House of Ga'a

7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 10:24pm On Aug 02
Bad Boys: Ride or Die.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by limcar: 11:29pm On Aug 02
BIKER BOYZ

Too fast too furious. Laurence fishburne and derek luke takes us on a zoom zoom ride as megan good as usual plays the sweet girlfriend
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by en0uwem: 12:31am On Aug 03
Hueyreckless0007:

DEADPOOL AND WOLVERINE - 2024
There's a version that is so clear, you'll not believe it's not even WEB-DL or WEBRIP

INFOHASH:

6aa51ed6db24a53b6f40f19f3c7851e5050ed415
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tharmon: 7:07am On Aug 03
Hueyreckless0007:

Bro pls give me site to download this movie

I've tried many but it ain't there
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ReactExpress: 7:55am On Aug 03
Tharmon:

Bro pls give me site to download this movie

I've tried many but it ain't there

Check medeberiya1 dot com

The HDTS version is very clear

(1) (2) (3) ... (3882) (3883) (3884) (3885) (3886) (3887) (3888) ... (3905) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Emekus92(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.