Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,239 members, 7,880,893 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:47 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (827) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3863773 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) ... (3873) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2018
On to lighter things...

Spectral- Very intense movie. There are elements of the movie that are very unrealistic, like one of the protagonists building several decondensers in a very short time. It's crazy

7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2018
Beorn:

I have a friend based abroad that always think saying some movies are "girlie" makes me a sexist. She's a feminist, I guess that's why she sees error in some perfectly innocuous descriptions. grin grin
Lool I guess she could argue that it is technically a gender based assumption grin

But it wasn’t like, demeaning or anything, in my opinion anyway. There are just things certain people tend to have an interest in more than others grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

The one about a skeptic author that deliberately lodged in suite 1408 in order to debunk a myth surrounding the hotel suite, right? The film has an alternative ending, btw.

Yeah, it has 3 alternative endings. But what do you say about the accepted ending used in the movie? Plus in general, is the movie not scary enuff?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2018
Repo men..8/10
Genre: SciFi, Action

Nice concept, amazing plot, awesome actors. With the constant advancement in medical science, all the concept of this movie will one day become a reality, though some of them are already in use.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

It's a horror, but of the psychological variety. Same way Silence of The Lambs and Se7en were psychological horrors. The themes have deep meanings behind them, and you're supposed to ponder on them afterwards.

And Upgrade is not a horror. It was marketed as a sci-fi, and that's exactly what it is.

Upgrade is also regarded as horror (body horror)movie

Both get out and upgrade are regarded as horror movies but to be candid, it is not in the horror variety of movies like sinister, exorcist, omen, evil dead etc hence the reason why I don't tag it as horror

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 11:51pm On Sep 24, 2018
Ishilove:
On to lighter things...

Spectral- Very intense movie. There are elements of the movie that are very unrealistic, like one of the protagonists building several decondensers in a very short time. It's crazy

7/10
That movie should have been a trilogy sponsored by one of the big 6.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 1:25am On Sep 25, 2018
troubleseller:
This Captain Marvel trailer is very bland. Hope this movie go make sense oo

The trailer is boring.
Marvel wants to replicate DC's Wonder Woman by producing their very first female superhero movie.
After the success of Wonder Woman, female heroes seems to be a risk worth taking now.

They also want to give Black Widow her own movie.
I hope they don't end up getting their fingers burnt.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by noob03saibot(m): 3:43am On Sep 25, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Don't waste your data on the sequel. It's terrible.
thanks for the advice, I will skip it then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by noob03saibot(m): 3:45am On Sep 25, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
Supernatural and psychological horror movies are the best....

Slasher horror movies are now lame.
exactly. Slashers don't thrill me at all. The story in supernatural and psychological are always very brilliant. Agree with you totally
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 6:34am On Sep 25, 2018
BlackManta:

The trailer is boring.
Marvel wants to replicate DC's Wonder Woman by producing their very first female superhero movie.
After the success of Wonder Woman, female heroes seems to be a risk worth taking now.

and the funny thing is no one gives a fvck about her character grin she have no ass or boobs unlike Scarlett johansaon, she will never be given the same feminist glory as gal gadot either she's just one of those overpowered superhero with no solid background
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 25, 2018
newjosboy:

Yeah, it has 3 alternative endings. But what do you say about the accepted ending used in the movie? Plus in general, is the movie not scary enuff?

I like the one in which he survived, culminating with him playing a recorder with his daughter's voice.

It was terrifying at first watch, but lost most of it's fear factor at the 2nd runaround.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 25, 2018
BlackManta:

The trailer is boring.

Not to sh*t on DCEU, but Wonder Woman isn't a success. At least not for me and friends.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 25, 2018
blingxx:

and the funny thing is no one gives a fvck about her character grin she have no ass or boobs unlike Scarlett johansaon, she will never be given the same feminist glory as gal gadot either she's just one of those overpowered superhero with no solid background

Boobs or no boobs, Captain Marvel will knock everything DC has/have to offer out of the ball park.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 25, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Upgrade is also regarded as horror (body horror)movie

Both get out and upgrade are regarded as horror movies but to be candid, it is not in the horror variety of movies like sinister, exorcist, omen, evil dead etc hence the reason why I don't tag it as horror

Which one come be body-horror again? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 25, 2018
Beorn:

If you're a big fan of ABBA, you'll enjoy the part 1 because while the storyline was weak to me, the classic ABBA ballads were strong enough to power it through, plus I think it's a "girlie" (I hope I'm not coming off as a sexist using that phrase) film. I think you'll love it. The songs got me reminiscing of my childhood days and made me remember it's been over 10 years since I last played an ABBA song.

Mamma Mia! 6/10.

I'll download the second part later today and see if it'll better than its predecessor.

I won't be caught dead in public watching a blatant chick-flick like that. I watched it in the privacy of my bedroom once upon a time, with headphones on, and only because it's an ABBA musical, and I dug ABBA.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:16am On Sep 25, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Which one come be body-horror again? grin

Google body horror movies, you will be surprised at the number of movies that will pop out.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 25, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Google body horror movies, you will be surprised at the number of movies that will pop out.

I know, I was kidding. It's an obscure sub-genre though.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:17am On Sep 25, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I won't be caught dead in public watching a blatant chick-flick like that. I watched it in the privacy of my bedroom once upon a time, with headphones on, and only because it's an ABBA musical, and I dug ABBA.

That means you didn't know the popular ABBA musicians before that day?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:18am On Sep 25, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I know, I was kidding. It's an obscure sub-genre though.

Same with get out.

Both are sub genre horror movies. That's what I was saying.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:28am On Sep 25, 2018
BlackManta:

The trailer is boring.

Marvel wanted to roll out black widow a long time ago but they had that fear that most female super heroes movie flop.

But DC proved them wrong with the success of wonder woman.

Black widow was supposed to come out first but because of avengers they decided to release captain marvel.

Like you guys said, the trailer was very blank or should I say shitty.

Let's watch as I expect more trailers to be released.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 25, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Same with get out.

Both are sub genre. That's what I was saying.

Nah.

Get Out is a straight Horror (Horror is a genre). Then if you wanna be more technical, it becomes psychological horror (sub-genre).

Upgrade is a straight Sci-fi (Sci-fi is a genre). If you wanna go the technical route, then you can attach body-horror (sub-genre) to the sci-fi bit, giving you something like "sci-fi body-horror".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:28am On Sep 25, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

LOL @the emboldened. grin grin

True though. Only ABBA musicals were the positives in that chick-flick. I dare not send it to my friends when they come pestering me for movies because I'm dead sure they'd delete it 5 minutes into the movie while calling me to ask; "Beorn, which kain nonsense movie you give me so? I be like dancer for your eye?" grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 25, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

That means you didn't know the popular ABBA musicians before that day?

Notice I said "dug". Past tense. 'Course I know of ABBA before watching the film. Who doesn't?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:31am On Sep 25, 2018
noob03saibot:
exactly. Slashers don't thrill me at all. The story in supernatural and psychological are always very brilliant. Agree with you totally

Horror movies that have gone down the drain are slasher movies, vampire movies (with the exception of underworld) and shark movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 25, 2018
Beorn:

LOL @the emboldened. grin grin

True though. Only ABBA musicals were the positives in that chick-flick. I dare not send it to my friends when they come pestering me for movies because I'm dead sure they'd delete it 5 minutes into the movie while calling me to ask; "Beorn, which kain nonsense movie you give me so? I be like dancer for your eye?" grin grin

They'd probably think you're gay. cheesy

Not that I have something against gays or anything. lipsrsealed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:42am On Sep 25, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

They'd probably think you're gay. cheesy

Not that I have something against gays or anything. lipsrsealed

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I've come to notice that most Nigerians, at least 95% of my friends are only interested in "action movies" or movies with a lot of fights. So, movies like Memento, The Others, etc., that have to do with intelligence, I don't give them out because they'll tell me that it's boring. They just want an adrenaline filled action movies. Typical Naija guys. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 25, 2018
BlackManta:

The trailer is boring.

Oh, don't worry about their fingers. They haven't got burnt yet, so why start on a sure banger? Be more worried for DC's mangled fingers that could burn some more when Aquaman eventually hit the cinemas.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 25, 2018
Beorn:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I've come to notice that most Nigerians, at least 95% of my friends are only interested in "action movies" or movies with a lot of fights. So, movies like Memento, The Others, etc., that have to do with intelligence, I don't give them out because they'll tell me that it's boring. They just want an adrenaline filled action movies. Typical Naija guys. grin

Blame Nollywood. Our movie industry has saturated our brains so much, that we'd rather not think too much while watching a movie. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bryan12(m): 9:12am On Sep 25, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by babasolo(m): 10:39am On Sep 25, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Not to sh*t on DCEU, but Wonder Woman isn't a success. At least not for me and friends.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you... In my opinion the movie is Bulllllshit
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 11:58am On Sep 25, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Nah.

Get Out is a straight Horror (Horror is a genre). Then if you wanna be more technical, it becomes psychological horror (sub-genre).

Upgrade is a straight Sci-fi (Sci-fi is a genre). If you wanna go the technical route, then you can attach body-horror (sub-genre) to the sci-fi bit, giving you something like "sci-fi body-horror".

You are contradicting yourself.

Get out is a psychological horror movie which is a subgenre horror movie, not a full fledged horror movie, same with Upgrade which is a body horror movie, another subgenre horror movie which isnt a full fledged horror movie.

You cant compare these movies to real horror movies such as The omen, the exorcist or the evil dead

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Notice I said "dug". Past tense. 'Course I know of ABBA before watching the film. Who doesn't?
You will be amazed at the number of people who dont know ABBA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) ... (3873) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Lawag3 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.