Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,255 members, 7,887,732 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:02 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (825) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3876336 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) ... (3876) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by robinsoncrusoe(m): 7:31am On Sep 24, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
THE MOST TERRIFYING MOVIES EVER MADE

- 28 Days Later: Imagine waking up to a world where you're an endangered specie?
- REC: Found footage Spanish Horror thriller about a documentary film crew following a team of firefighters. It started slowly, but once it kicks into high gear, it becomes a relentless, claustrophobic, violent hellride of atrociousness. And the ending... my God!
- Event Horizon: The first 20 mins is your normal sci-fi movie stuff, then, things got... eerie. This movie would scare you even on a bright sunny day.
- The Exorcism of Emily Rose.: If you watch this film, you'd never look at 3:33 (twenty-seven minutes to four/three thirty-three) the same again. Creepy as they come, this movie.
- The Ring: You think you're tough? Watch this after-dark with the lights turned off, then. I dare you.
- The Exorcist: No cheap jump-scares, just pure evil. Don't let your young kids see this movie, cuz it will f**k them up... 100%.
- Hereditary: It's very recent. I know, I know, it's not everyone's cup of coffee, but the horror creeps up on you.
- Threads: If you aren't afraid of a nuclear war, and it's ramifications, watching this movie will fix that ignorance, and then, some.
- Ju-on: The Grudge: Creepy as they come.
- Jacob's Ladder: I always recommend this movie any time horror comes up. What sets it apart from most of the others in the list is the fact that it's not only a horror, but is also a deep psychological mystery... mindf**ker, if we go the informal route.
- Sinister: Well... it's aptly named.
- The Outbreak; Showing how quickly a virus could spread, and it's ramifications.
- It Follows: Very creepy. The kind that stays with you for days.
- The Descent: Imagine getting lost in an underground cave, and realizing there are humanoid fresh-eating things down there with you? The moment they realize they are stuck in an unknown cave system... wow!
- Paranormal Activity: This movie is frigging terrifying, and more so, because of the handy-cam film style it employed. The documentary style makes the experience more real, like it actually happened.
- Dead Silence: Makes a strong case for the much derided jump-scare horrors.
- Insidious: The buildup of suspense is incredible.
- The Conjuring 1 and 2: Safe bets to scare horror newbies.
- The Blair Witch Project: There is something about documentary-styled horror that just sets it apart from others. The realism factor is certainly an A+.
- The Autopsy of Jane Doe: Best to watch after-dark, alone, with the lights turned off.
I have watched almost all these movies and the interesting part of it is that I only watch movies at night

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 24, 2018
The leakers..
Nice average Chinese movie.. They succeeded in showcasing the beauty of Asia, Singapore,hongkong and China..

Damn Asia is a place o be cheesy cheesy
6/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:36am On Sep 24, 2018
Beorn:

WTF?!!!

Lol.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:36am On Sep 24, 2018
Kaycee7:
What manner of man is this?
You won't understand grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:38am On Sep 24, 2018
noob03saibot:
lol! Me too. It certainly makes me sleep well too. And gives me sweet dreams

Finally, I have seen someone like me.

grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:41am On Sep 24, 2018
robinsoncrusoe:

I have watched almost all these movies and the interesting part of it is that I only watch movies at night

Exactly.

I was surprised when I saw some comments saying that they can only watch it in the day time instead of night.

Horror movies are meant to be watched in the night or midnight.

Well, that's how you will know the true horror movies lover
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:44am On Sep 24, 2018
BurningBlade:
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

7.5/10. Still love the Combination any time, any day. Especially Wilhelmina Hacker. grin

Very old movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:49am On Sep 24, 2018
ibkayee:

Adding 'fact' to the end of things doesn't make it true lol. I'm not a romance movie lover either and I can still have an objective opinion on whatever it is I've watched. Not everyone sets such a low threshold on basic rational thought for themselves, if you yourself can't give an objective review on things you don't like that's your own business lol leave the rest of us out of it please and tnx lol

You can't have an objective opinion in something you don't like. You can have an opinion but that doesn't make it objective.

Go and check up the meaning of objective and relate it to how someone who doesn't love horror movies will give an objective opinion.

Like I said, stick to the movie genre that suits you where your OBJECTIVE OPINION will be needed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BurningBlade: 8:58am On Sep 24, 2018
Ishilove:

Lord knows I am done with horror after watching Annabelle: Creation. I will never watch horror movies again. It's messed up.

I've watched the Descent. Very nasty sad

There was something about 'It Follows' that didn't allow me go beyond the first five minutes of the movie. I didn't even know it was horror back then, but something turned me off completely and I've not watched it till this day.
CHICKEN! grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BurningBlade: 9:01am On Sep 24, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Very old movie
not very old dude.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:07am On Sep 24, 2018
BurningBlade:
not very old dude.

2003 movie is not very old?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BurningBlade: 9:13am On Sep 24, 2018
Beorn:

2003 movie is not very old?
nope. If you consider a 2003 movie as old, I wonder what you'll say about a 1992 movie or even a 1978 movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 9:15am On Sep 24, 2018
BurningBlade:
not very old dude.

The movie came out since 2003, that's 15 years ago. Its a nice movie back then when I watched it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 9:15am On Sep 24, 2018
BurningBlade:
nope. If you consider a 2003 movie as old, I wonder what you'll say about a 1992 movie or even a 1978 movie.

We will call it old school cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BurningBlade: 9:16am On Sep 24, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

We will call it old school cheesy
who tha hell is 'we'?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 9:21am On Sep 24, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
THE MOST TERRIFYING MOVIES EVER MADE

- 28 Days Later: Imagine waking up to a world where you're an endangered specie?
- REC: Found footage Spanish Horror thriller about a documentary film crew following a team of firefighters. It started slowly, but once it kicks into high gear, it becomes a relentless, claustrophobic, violent hellride of atrociousness. And the ending... my God!
- Event Horizon: The first 20 mins is your normal sci-fi movie stuff, then, things got... eerie. This movie would scare you even on a bright sunny day.
- The Exorcism of Emily Rose.: If you watch this film, you'd never look at 3:33 (twenty-seven minutes to four/three thirty-three) the same again. Creepy as they come, this movie.
- The Ring: You think you're tough? Watch this after-dark with the lights turned off, then. I dare you.
- The Exorcist: No cheap jump-scares, just pure evil. Don't let your young kids see this movie, cuz it will f**k them up... 100%.
- Hereditary: It's very recent. I know, I know, it's not everyone's cup of coffee, but the horror creeps up on you.
- Threads: If you aren't afraid of a nuclear war, and it's ramifications, watching this movie will fix that ignorance, and then, some.
- Ju-on: The Grudge: Creepy as they come.
- Jacob's Ladder: I always recommend this movie any time horror comes up. What sets it apart from most of the others in the list is the fact that it's not only a horror, but is also a deep psychological mystery... mindf**ker, if we go the informal route.
- Sinister: Well... it's aptly named.
- The Outbreak; Showing how quickly a virus could spread, and it's ramifications.
- It Follows: Very creepy. The kind that stays with you for days.
- The Descent: Imagine getting lost in an underground cave, and realizing there are humanoid fresh-eating things down there with you? The moment they realize they are stuck in an unknown cave system... wow!
- Paranormal Activity: This movie is frigging terrifying, and more so, because of the handy-cam film style it employed. The documentary style makes the experience more real, like it actually happened.
- Dead Silence: Makes a strong case for the much derided jump-scare horrors.
- Insidious: The buildup of suspense is incredible.
- The Conjuring 1 and 2: Safe bets to scare horror newbies.
- The Blair Witch Project: There is something about documentary-styled horror that just sets it apart from others. The realism factor is certainly an A+.
- The Autopsy of Jane Doe: Best to watch after-dark, alone, with the lights turned off.

You didn't add 1408.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lawddanny: 9:21am On Sep 24, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 9:26am On Sep 24, 2018
Beorn:
Mamma Mia 2 is out and I haven't even watch part 1. Well, like I did with Maze Runner, I'm going to look for the first film and start from the inception.

I have this very intense itch to give you spoilers for Mama Mia 1. But aaaarrrgghhhh! Let me hold it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 9:28am On Sep 24, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Very old movie
And awesome too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 9:30am On Sep 24, 2018
newjosboy:

And awesome too

Yeah. Funny, they don't make movies like this anymore
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:38am On Sep 24, 2018
BurningBlade:

1992 movie will still be an old movie to me albeit more older than a 2003 movie; but a 1978 movie is what I like call an old skool movie or a "veryyyy" old movie. The grandfathers of movies. LOL.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:39am On Sep 24, 2018
newjosboy:

I have this very intense itch to give you spoilers for Mama Mia 1. But aaaarrrgghhhh! Let me hold it.

Any spoiler from you and I'll place you on a 3 year ban. undecided undecided angry angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 9:42am On Sep 24, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

You can't have an objective opinion in something you don't like. You can have an opinion but that doesn't make it objective.

Go and check up the meaning of objective and relate it to how someone who doesn't love horror movies will give an objective opinion.

Like I said, stick to the movie genre that suits you where your OBJECTIVE OPINION will be needed
Bla bla bla.

Lol I thought the movie was hot garbage bruh, if you don’t like my opinion, twirl past my posts.

x
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 9:44am On Sep 24, 2018
ibkayee:

Bla bla bla.

Lol I thought the movie was hot garbage bruh, if you don’t like my opinion, twirl past my posts.

x

You are entitled to your shitty opinion but don't call it objective

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BurningBlade: 9:44am On Sep 24, 2018
Beorn:

1992 movie will still be an old movie to me albeit more older than a 2003 movie; but a 1978 movie is what I like call an old skool movie or a "veryyyy" old movie. The grandfathers of movies. LOL.
it's a personal thing then. to me, a 2003 movie isn't old at all, not in the least bit. it's like saying a 15 year old is old.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 9:45am On Sep 24, 2018
Beorn:
Mamma Mia 2 is out and I haven't even watch part 1. Well, like I did with Maze Runner, I'm going to look for the first film and start from the inception.
I’ve been meaning to watch Mamma Mia 2, just seems like it would be a feel good film. Haven’t watched part 1 either though
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 9:48am On Sep 24, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

You are entitled to your shitty opinion but don't call it objective
You go dey alright

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bryan12(m): 10:52am On Sep 24, 2018
robinsoncrusoe:

shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:20am On Sep 24, 2018
Nigerians are too superstitious. This is why a lot of horror movies don't get shown in cinemas.

"Get out" didn't come out in Nigerian cinema. The first black horror Hollywood movie.

undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 12:01pm On Sep 24, 2018
ibkayee:

I’ve been meaning to watch Mamma Mia 2, just seems like it would be a feel good film. Haven’t watched part 1 either though

If you're a big fan of ABBA, you'll enjoy the part 1 because while the storyline was weak to me, the classic ABBA ballads were strong enough to power it through, plus I think it's a "girlie" (I hope I'm not coming off as a sexist using that phrase) film. I think you'll love it. The songs got me reminiscing of my childhood days and made me remember it's been over 10 years since I last played an ABBA song.

Mamma Mia! 6/10.

I'll download the second part later today and see if it'll better than its predecessor.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2018
JeromeBlack:
Nigerians are too superstitious. This is why a lot of horror movies don't get shown in cinemas.

"Get out" didn't come out in Nigerian cinema. The first black horror Hollywood movie.

undecided

You're wrong to assert such. Nigerians are way too superstitious, but other horror movies have been shown in the cinema too, so Get Out not coming out in our cinemas had nothing to do with superstition, that's if you're 100% sure the movie was shown in the cinemas in the first place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) ... (3876) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.