Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,879 members, 7,915,522 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:34 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (853) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3929278 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) ... (3888) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2018
it also has a tv series

KoiceReloaded:
Terminator is a franchise, not a trilogy. It has sequels exceeding more than two. I think they are 5 in total, and will be 6 by next year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Terminator is a franchise, not a trilogy. It has sequels exceeding more than two. I think they are 5 in total, and will be 6 by next year.

True. I mistakenly even forgot it's not a trilogy but a franchise.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

What's the difference?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2018
Ishilove:

What's the difference?

A trilogy can also be a franchise (or better, part of a franchise)

A trilogy is simply a movie in three parts.

A franchise (multimedia franchise) refers to a group of varying but related media products (eg films, tv series, cartoons, music video games) that are derived from a single original source.

For instance, Star Wars is a franchise with books, movies and animated tv series. The original source is the first star wars movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 1:34pm On Oct 06, 2018
I've been schooling ishilove since 2013.

Ishilove babe, what are we doing for our 5 year anniversary? kiss
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2018
Ishilove:
What's the difference?
Trilogy means 3. Terminator is more than 3 parts. Currently 5 in total.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

The original Matrix trumps all. The weakest is the 2nd sequel... Matrix: Revolutions.

I thot Matrix: Reloaded was the second, and Matrix: Revolution is the third?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
JeromeBlack:
I've been schooling ishilove since 2013.

Ishilove babe, what are we doing for our 5 year anniversary? kiss
You can come suck my Rottweiler's black, fuzzy _cock
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2018
Beorn:

Trilogy means 3. Terminator is more than 3 parts. Currently 5 in total.
Thanks darling
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

And it also has a TV series on top
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 2:21pm On Oct 06, 2018
Ishilove:

You can come suck my Rottweiler's black, fuzzy _cock

No need to be crass and deceitful. We both know you cant afford to have a rottweiler.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2018
JeromeBlack:

No need to be crass and deceitful. We both know you cant afford to have a rottweiler.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
newjosboy:

And it also has a TV series on top
MJBOLT:
it also has a tv series

Very correct. All part of the franchise.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 06, 2018
Ishilove:

What's the difference?

Jeromeblack and Beorn have taken care of it.

I also want to add that any showbiz production from art to literature that is more than one is a franchise, since two is a crowd.

A trilogy qualifies as a franchise, since it's more than one. It literally means three.

When a sequence of movies exceeds three, they cease to be a trilogy. However, they can retain their trilogy appellative provided that what comes after (or inbetween) is of a different format, artistically-wise. For instance, Matrix trilogy has an animation sequel (collectively they make up the Matrix franchise), but retains the trilogy appellative because the sequel isn't live-action like the other three.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2018
newjosboy:

I thot Matrix: Reloaded was the second, and Matrix: Revolution is the third?

A sequel is anything that comes after. Thus, first sequel is Matrix: Reloaded. The 2nd sequel, i.e, Part 3 is Matrix: Revolutions.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Yupng: 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
I am watching THE WEDDING PARTY 2 now @ www.NOLLY.online for free!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU6pkGpUOiQ&t=5s
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Juzec: 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2018
The ring(2002)
I was expecting something scarier due to the reviews and recommendations from here. Anyway just a normal horror movie.
6.5/10

Truth or dare
6.5/10

Spectral
8/10

Assassin creed
6/10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I also want to add that any showbiz production from art to literature that is more than one is a franchise, since two is a crowd.

A trilogy qualifies as a franchise, since it's more than one. It literally means three.

When a sequence of movies exceeds three, they cease to be a trilogy. However, they can retain their trilogy appellative provided that what comes after (or inbetween) is of a different format, artistically-wise. For instance, Matrix trilogy has an animation sequel (collectively they make up the Matrix franchise), but retains the trilogy appellative because the sequel isn't live-action like the other three.

Koice, I Googled top 10 trilogies of all time, and in all the sites I checked out, both Terminator and Star Wars made the cut even though they're franchises. The sites basically took the first 3 movies from the franchises and called them trilogies.

What I inferred from my the sites is that the first 3 films in any franchise can still retain the trilogy appellative DESPITE if what comes after (or inbetween) is of a different format, artistically-wise or NOT. Right or wrong?

If right, doesn't it prove the emboldened wrong? Just curious.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2018
JeromeBlack:

What's the Genesis of you and Ishi's beef? 5 solid years and still counting all the way from the Religious section. Wetin Ishi really do you wey you no wan allow her breath easy?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2018
which trilogy made number 1?

Beorn:
Koice, I Googled top 10 trilogies of all time, and in all the sites I checked out, both Terminator and Star Wars made the cut even though they're franchises. The sites basically took the first 3 movies from the franchises and called them trilogies.

What I inferred from my the sites is that the first 3 films in any franchise can still retain the trilogy appellative DESPITE if what comes after (or inbetween) is of a different format, artistically-wise or NOT. Right or wrong?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2018
Beorn:

What they did is level the playing field. They took every first 3 movies from well established movie franchises like Mission Impossible, X-Men and Scream, and compare them to true trilogies for the sole purpose of knowing the ones with the best battling average. It doesn't disprove what I said. The writer simply spun things to fit his own narrative. We all do this, when we know what we're doing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2018
MJBOLT:
which trilogy made number 1?

From 10 sites I read, Lord of the Rings topped 7 out of the 10 because of the CONSISTENCY which spread throughout its three parts (plus the whooping amount of Oscars it won), followed closely by Star Wars who lost out to LotR because one of Its trilogy was below par. The Godfather came third in about 5 or 6 out of 10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

What they did is level the playing field. They took every first 3 movies from well established movie franchises like Mission Impossible, X-Men and Scream, and compare them to true trilogies for the sole purpose of knowing the ones with the best battling average. It doesn't disprove what I said. The writer simply spun things to fit his own narrative. We all do this, when we know what we're doing.

Got it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2018
Beorn:

Got it.

Screenrant did an article on this topic, but unlike the site you visited, they went with only TRUE trilogies.

https://screenrant.com/best-film-movie-trilogies-ever-all-time/

Also the rebooted new Star-Wars is a trilogy and concludes next year. I even said something on this once upon a time...

KoiceReloaded:

What are you talking about? The Last Jedi is a direct sequel to 2015 installment, The Force Awakens. Both are part of a new Star Wars trilogy that picks up the story from Return of The Jedi, a 1983 Star Wars installment. The last part of the trilogy will conclude next year, and is titled Episode IX...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2018
just what i was expecting,no trilogy can beat LOTR grin

Beorn:
From 10 sites I read, Lord of the Rings topped 7 out of the 10 because of the CONSISTENCY which spread throughout its three parts (plus the whooping amount of Oscars it won), followed closely by Star Wars who lost out to LotR because one of Its trilogy was below par. The Godfather came third in about 5 or 6 out of 10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 5:11pm On Oct 06, 2018
Beorn:

What's the Genesis of you and Ishi's beef? 5 solid years and still counting all the way from the Religious section. Wetin Ishi really do you wey you no wan allow her breath easy?
I don't have beef with him, he has beef with me simply because I reported his whiny ass to mods and had him banned. There was a thread for non-religious discussions created in the Religion section which was very DRY, so I and a couple of Christian friends went into the thread to party! We wanted to spice things up a bit and enliven the place. Logicboy, as he was known back then took offence and wanted us out, but we ignored him because we are all Nairalanders. Nobody can prohibit anyone from commenting on any thread, not even the mods.

Logicboy became nasty and abusive, and me sef showed him that he doesn't have the monopoly over cussing by giving him his life history. After the history lesson, I reported him and he was banned.

Kai, e pain am ehn! cheesy cheesy

The painment is still alive and active in his soul, that's why he is still stalking and trolling me 5 years on. He metamorphosed from Logicboy, to Logicbwoy, then JackBizzle, and now JeromeBlack, but his man-bitchy, whiny character has remained constant. The day he announced he was deactivating, _Seun said, and I quote: "Good riddance." grin

The thread that he was crying over sef is no longer dry; it's DEAD. He tried to revive the thread but there are some kinda dry bones that can never rise again. grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/1412636/non-christian-chatbox-sticky#17686573

I used to give it back to him whenever he starts his madness, but nowadays I just ignore the chinch. He loves attention, and I will NOT give it to him. Ain't nobody gat time for iranu

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
Beorn:

Ishil.ove and I were friends at the beginning.

However, our beef started when she, her friend and a moderator derailed a thread that I love. There was a time in the religion section that all 3 religious moderators were christian. Ishil.ove is a christian while i am an atheist. Ish.ilove derailed an atheist chat thread and rained abuses on me when I called her out on it. A mod even joined in mocking me. She should have been banned. But of course, christian bias.
I left nairaland in protest, and then came back with an expose of the full story of the derailment of the atheist thread. With the whole story exposed, both ishil.ove and the christian mod were shamed. Ish.ilove lost a lot of christian friends then.

Then, Ishi.love became a mod. Guess what she did as one of her early actions? She derailed one of my threads and banned me for years when I complained about the derailment!

Then ish.ilove got sacked resigned as a mod. I and many other people that she mistreated came back to haunt her. This is why she has many haters and people ready to troll her.

That is the short version of the story. I have links to verify these things i have said.....

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
Ishilove:

I don't have beef with him, he has beef with me simply because I reported his whiny ass to mods and had him banned. There was a thread for non-religious discussions created in the Religion section which was very DRY, so I and a couple of Christian friends went into the thread to party! We wanted to spice things up a bit and enliven the place. Logicboy, as he was known back then took offence and wanted us out, but we ignored him because we are all Nairalanders. Nobody can prohibit anyone from commenting on any thread, not even the mods.

Logicboy became nasty and abusive, and me sef showed him that he doesn't have the monopoly over cussing by giving him his life history. After the history lesson, I reported him and he was banned.

Kai, e pain am ehn! cheesy cheesy

The painment is still alive and active in his soul, that's why he is still stalking and trolling me 5 years on. He metamorphosed from Logicboy, to Logicbwoy, then JackBizzle, and now JeromeBlack, but his man-bitchy, whiny character has remained constant. The day he announced he was deactivating, _Seun said, and I quote: "Good riddance." grin

The thread that he was crying over sef is no longer dry; it's DEAD. He tried to revive the thread but there are some kinda dry bones that can never rise again.

I used to give it back to him whenever he starts his madness, but nowadays I just ignore the chinch. He loves attention, and I will NOT give it to him. Ain't nobody gat time iranu

She even confirms that she derailed a thread that she was not supposed to be part of.

Ishilove has never been one to be intellectual

#vindicated

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2018
^^^

*chuckle*

I definitely 'rained abuses' on him. I sure did cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2018
Juzec:
The ring(2002)
I was expecting something scarier due to the reviews and recommendations from here. Anyway just a normal horror movie.
6.5/10

Truth or dare
6.5/10

Spectral
8/10

Assassin creed
6/10

Spectral is a great movie... I'm a Sci-fi fan...
But, I was kinda hoping the laser he developed would eventually be used...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2018
James Wan is not coming back to direct Conjuring 3 cry
My excitement for the movie has reduced cry

James Wan did an amazing job in Conjuring franchise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) ... (3888) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.