Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,123 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:12 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (865) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3875619 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) ... (3876) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2018
not suprised,ScarJo is among hollywood top actors,Gal is still on her way there

KoiceReloaded:
Black Widow movie is definitely happening. According to Hollywood Reporter, Scarlett Johansson just landed a lucrative $15 million payday for the movie. Mehn, that's a lot of dough. #Balling

Btw, Gal Gadot only got paid $300k for Wonder Woman (she did receive more after the film became a commercial success, though).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gracechellar(f): 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
Juzec:
Thanks for the feedback bro
How doou download pls?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2018
Errementari : The Blacksmith and the Devil
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
Ocean 8
6.5/10
A little rushed but still enjoyable.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:16pm On Oct 12, 2018
troubleseller:

Online articles help but most importantly hands on experience is the best. Link up with a fellow filmmaker (amateur or prof). Also documentaries are simpler in scope to make but ready to waka.

Thanks for the advice. There is hope!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2018
mekaprime:

Lol, so I thought after seeing the thriller, though i'll be seeing it later tonight.

No be only thriller, na Micheal Jackson.

I had to read your comment three times to understand that you meant "trailer". grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:27pm On Oct 12, 2018
VENOM

The movie is not bad, it is just that it is not a blockbuster. The movie is your typical marvel action-comedy. Unfortunately, the comedy is not so strong. Tom Hardy is a sarcastic kinda guy, he works better as a witty side character. I feel that the guy was miscast as venom/Eddy Brock. If Jim Carrey was younger, he would make a great venom as he is good at schizophrenic roles.

The action sequences in the movie are solid. So the film gets a 5.5/10

Average action-comedy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 1:25am On Oct 13, 2018
First man - 7/10

Loved it, good music, a lot of visually stunning sequences, emotional, intense. Always been interested in space exploration so definitely my kind of movie

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lanaVello1(m): 1:43am On Oct 13, 2018
Franklinezenwa:
Pls can you give me the link to this movies
@juzec.... waiting on you for the links biko
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Quigley: 3:51am On Oct 13, 2018
There's this new young adult-coming of age Nigerian movie that is premiering on Sunday. Name is #We don't live here anymore. Great movie, deals with sexuality and youth. I recommend this. Kudos to everyone involved in this project.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 13, 2018
alexistaiwo:

You can't compare DC movies with Marvel na.

Marvel any day anytime besides Wonder Woman to me is an overrated movie.

It is just there, same as black Panther.
Criminally overrated. Started with a bang, fizzled out in the middle, and ended with a whimper.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 13, 2018
MJBOLT:
not suprised,ScarJo is among hollywood top actors, Gal is still on her way there

Yeah, she's one of the best paid actresses in Hollywood atm.

She looks sexy as hell in leather too. Yummy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 13, 2018
ibkayee:
First man - 7/10

Loved it, good music, a lot of visually stunning sequences, emotional, intense. Always been interested in space exploration so definitely my kind of movie

My friend and I were discussing this movie just yesterday.

Everything about the movie was great... except, the cinematography. Couldn't stand it. There is something about shaky cam that gives me an headache. Damn thing was prevalent almost the entire length of the film, and almost marred the experience for me.

Great film nonetheless if you can get past the shaky cam ish. Anyone with interest in the space race/exploration and or sci-fi movie should go see this.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 13, 2018
JeromeBlack:
VENOM

The movie is not bad, it is just that it is not a blockbuster. The movie is your typical marvel action-comedy. Unfortunately, the comedy is not so strong. Tom Hardy is a sarcastic kinda guy, he works better as a witty side character. I feel that the guy was miscast as venom/Eddy Brock. If Jim Carrey was younger, he would make a great venom as he is good at schizophrenic roles.

The action sequences in the movie are solid. So the film gets a 5.5/10

Average action-comedy.

I disagree. No other person would have done that role justice as Tom Hardy did. A witty side character?? Are you sh*tting me. The man practically exudes an angst (for lack of better word) vibe, that ultimately makes him a great villainous character or some kind of anti-hero. Take a gander at his filmography, and you'll see what I'm on about.

Tom Hardy has too much screen charisma, and acting range to be just a witty side piece, bud.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:27am On Oct 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I disagree. No other person would have done that role justice as Tom Hardy did. A witty side character?? Are you sh*tting me. The man practically exudes an angst (for lack of better word) vibe, that ultimately makes him a great villainous character or some kind of anti-hero. Take a gander at his filmography, and you'll see what I'm on about.

Tom Hardy has too much screen charisma, and acting range to be just a witty side piece, bud.

I disagree. Inception, Dark Knight Rises, Mad Max Fury Road. All great performances from Tom Hardy, few lines.

Tom Hardy works best with few lines. His humor is just like Alfred in Batman- a few witty quips here and there.

Tom Hardy also lacks a 'crazy face'. Take a look at the guy in Legion series- when he is full on emotions and mental power, he has a manic smile. Jim Carrey has that ability too.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Criminally overrated. Started with a bang, fizzled out in the middle, and ended with a whimper.

Spot on!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:37am On Oct 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Wonderwoman was overrated. Maybe because people were happy that a good DC movie arrived and with the plus of being a feminist movie.

Honestly, I want captain marvel and black widow to flop.

I want truly powerful heroines to get movies. Wonderwoman is powerful and has had a great history in DC comics.she is fresh and had an original story.

Black widow is an overhyped dominatrix-looking spy. The sexy Russian spy thing has been done to death. She has no powers. We already have agent carter- which was average.

Captain marvel is a great example of forced diversity. Her origin story was ripped from a male Captain marvel. She was never truly popular in comics. If I remember clearly, her comics never had strong sales. She kept being pushed and pushed to the front for diversity reasons.

A phoenix movie is what I would like to see. Or the Valkyries in Thor. Or the adventures of Gammora and her sister.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 8:38am On Oct 13, 2018
JeromeBlack:

I disagree. Inception, Dark Knight Rises, Mad Max Fury Road. All great performances from Tom Hardy, few lines.

Tom Hardy works best with few lines. His humor is just like Alfred in Batman- a few witty quips here and there.

Tom Hardy also lacks a 'crazy face'. Take a look at the guy in Legion series- when he is full on emotions and mental power, he has a manic smile. Jim Carrey has that ability too.

These are his blockbuster roles. Go watch Legend, Lawless, Locke or even Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Dude was awesome in these and he didn't need a crazy face if the symbiote was going to be the main thing on the screen
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:42am On Oct 13, 2018
JeromeBlack:
Wonderwoman was overrated. Maybe because people were happy that a good DC movie arrived and with the plus of being a feminist movie.

I want truly powerful heroines to get movies. Wonderwoman is powerful and has had a great history in DC comics.she is fresh and had an original story.

Black widow is an overhyped dominatrix-looking spy. The sexy Russian spy thing has been done to death. She has no powers. We already have agent carter- which was average.

Captain marvel is a great example of forced diversity. Her origin story was ripped from a male Captain marvel. She was never truly popular in comics. If I remember clearly, her comics never had strong sales. She kept being pushed and pushed to the front for diversity reasons.

A phoenix movie is what I would like to see. Or the Valkyries in Thor. Or the adventures of Gammora and her sister.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 13, 2018
I really hope one day I will see a movie about Scarlett Witch (Quicksilver twin sister)

Her powers are awesome.
She will beat all other female superheroes including Wonder Woman without breaking a sweat grin

JeromeBlack:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 9:00am On Oct 13, 2018
MJBOLT:
not suprised,ScarJo is among hollywood top actors,Gal is still on her way there

Gal is still coming up sha...
But Patty Jenkins just made history.
DC tripled her payday for Wonder Woman 1984 to over $9M shocked
She is officially the highest paid female director in Hollywood shocked
Shocking shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 9:03am On Oct 13, 2018
shocked

BlackManta:
Gal is still coming up sha....But Patty Jenkins just made history.
DC tripled her payday for Wonder Woman 1984 to over $9M shocked
She is officially the highest paid female director in Hollywood shocked
Shocking shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 9:04am On Oct 13, 2018
she can only beat diana if she's at full power and Jean Grey would beat her senseless

alexistaiwo:
I really hope one day I will see a movie about Scarlett Witch (Quicksilver twin sister)

Her powers are awesome.
She will beat all other female superheroes including Wonder Woman without breaking a sweat grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 13, 2018
She can do everything Jean and Diana can do and much more.
Do you even the full capabilities of that witch?

MJBOLT:
she can only beat diana if she's at full power and Jean Grey would beat her senseless

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 9:16am On Oct 13, 2018
scarlet witch is massively inconsistent in the comics,at full power she could beat diana,jean at full power is far above wanda

alexistaiwo:
She can do everything Jean and Diana can do and much more.
Do you even the full capabilities of that witch?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 9:25am On Oct 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

My friend and I were discussing this movie just yesterday.

Everything about the movie was great... except, the cinematography. Couldn't stand it. There is something about shaky cam that gives me an headache. Damn thing was prevalent almost the entire length of the film, and almost marred the experience for me.

Great film nonetheless if you can get past the shaky cam ish. Anyone with interest in the space race/exploration and or sci-fi movie should go see this.
Haha I thought it was shot that way intentionally for the audience to see things from the point of view of the astronauts, so things were meant to feel unsteady and claustrophobic-ey. But then to be fair the entire movie didn’t involve them being in space so I get how it could be annoying for all other scenes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 13, 2018
Jean powers major on telekinesis and telepathy (for your information, the Scarlett witch also has all these)

Can Jean teleport?
Can she rise the dead?
And many more.

Scarlett witch na demon.
Don't even dare.

MJBOLT:
scarlet witch is massively inconsistent in the comics,at full power she could beat diana,jean at full power is far above wanda

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 9:39am On Oct 13, 2018
read about the phoenix force then come back

alexistaiwo:
Jean powers major on telekinesis and telepathy (for your information, the Scarlett witch also has all these)

Can Jean teleport?
Can she rise the dead?
And many more.

Scarlett witch na demon.
Don't even dare.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by omotoyecable(f): 9:41am On Oct 13, 2018
Has anyone downloaded the nun from netnaija? How is the picture quality?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 13, 2018
JeromeBlack:

You haven't really watched a lot of Tom Hardy, have you? No one does crazy better than good old Tommy.

There's a 2008 British biopic named Bronson. It's basically a bio depicting the very interesting life of Charles Bronson. Guess who played the crazy Bronson? Yup, Tom Hardy in the flesh. It's the role that incidentally made his career. Go and watch it, and see what method acting is all about. Manic grin and all. Tom Hardy is enormously talented.

Beautiful thing about Tom is the fact that he doesn't need to talk much to sell any role he plays. He let his voice and body language do the talking. I mean, he can talk your ears off if the role requires it (like in Bronson and Bane), but generally, he chose roles where he doesn't have to talk much. He completely transforms himself into these assigned characters.

He can practically play anything, and that's where the acting range comes in. For instance, he went from playing a crazy violent career criminal known as Charles Bronson, to playing a mysterious runaway soldier turned MMA fighter in the movie, Warrior. Two completely different roles in the sense that one is a crazy and unpredictable bipolar character, and the other is a grounded, and kind-hearted character. But Tom Hardy made both characters very compelling and sympathetic.

A schizo crazy face? Bullocks. It's basically what I call overacting. Have you come face to face with a schizo? Believe me, you won't be able to tell a high functional schizo from Adam (a normal person). For one, they don't think they are crazy, thus, their facial expression don't in any way reflect their emotional disquiet. Suffice to say, Jim Carrey would have ruined Venom with his ridiculous unrealistic facial expressions. Glad he wasn't even considered.

And for the record, Legion (a very powerful mutant) in the tv show, Legion, isn't schizophrenic. He thought he was, but really isn't. It's merely Shadow King (a parasitic mutant with telepathy powers) playing a mind trick on him.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:50am On Oct 13, 2018
JeromeBlack:

No be only thriller, na Micheal Jackson.

I had to read your comment three times to understand that you meant "trailer". grin grin

Lol, na typo jare.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 13, 2018
Is it my eyes or did I just read where it was written that Scarlett witch has a degree of resistance to the phoenix force.

MJBOLT:
read about the phoenix force then come back

(1) (2) (3) ... (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) ... (3876) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.