Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:40 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (864) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3850668 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) ... (3871) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Seunpaul01(m): 11:05am On Oct 12, 2018
Never goin' back

7/10

When waywardness and stupidity pays.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 11:09am On Oct 12, 2018
Apostle....Netflix

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 12, 2018
Tissue:
the paper is on vacation grin
Psycho grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tissue: 11:54am On Oct 12, 2018
alexistaiwo:

Psycho grin
no mind me o
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Franklinezenwa: 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2018
Juzec:
The conjuring
Had to watch it again at night to enjoy it.
7/10

Currently downloading :
It follows
The autopsy of Jane Doe
Wolf creek 2
Evil dead

You guys should help me suggest the most interesting ones to start with among the four above.
Pls can you give me the link to this movies

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2018
SAMBHOSS:
Apostle....Netflix
I'm about to start it.. read reviews on imdb and it's all good
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2018
Moneyboyz:

I'm about to start it.. read reviews on imdb and it's all good

yeah, it is...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2018
Juzec:
The autopsy of Jane Doe
7/10
Rather than frightening, I find it very educative. It Gave me insights on the way autopsy is carried out.
Also contains many repulsive and nauseating scenes. I wouldn't call it a typical horror movie though grin

Wolf creek 2
6/10
Lol...I will resist all the urge to call it a senseless movie.
The only "horror thingy" about it is the splattering of blood all through the movie.

Been busy. I'll watch it follows and evil dead later today.

Also, I just downloaded "the first purge" . Should I go ahead and watch it or is it a total waste of time?

The first purge is ok, though not perfect, but it's definitely worth the mb & time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 1:52pm On Oct 12, 2018
SAMBHOSS:
Apostle....Netflix
One of my most anticipated movies from Netflix, the night comes for us is another one.
Can you give a review or rating on Apostle.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2018
Beorn:

I blame them and the FG because they're the biggest culprits. Who brought the Holocaust movies to our screen if not for Hollywood? So what excuses do we have? Are our movies even intelligent? The average Nigerian movie (except for the new ones) takes few weeks or even a month to produce, while scripting alone in Hollywood takes several months.

In Dangal, the director read about the story, interviewed the family to get insight of the movie he's about to produce, then went on a diet for months to assume the role of the man whose family were being talked about.

Spielberg took several months gathering information about the Holocaust story, reading the book, interviewing the man that told the story, getting the right script about the movie. He famously sent back one of the script writers when he found her script to be too short to infuse all the details he needed. He extended the "ghetto liquidation scene" because he had read the book and wanted that scene to convey the message of pain. This shows a man that's interested in story.

How many of our directors can be this bothered about any story on slavery? Do they even read books on slave trades? Are there even books on slave trades from a Nigerian POV about what happened over here?

The excuse of sponsorship is not strong enough. Genevieve Nnaji's latest Braveheart movie was not produced with her own money alone, she got other sponsors who invested in the movie. A top director like Kunle Afoloyan with connections to influential men in power can get sponsors if he's interested in such movies. Or maybe, just maybe, if they can write a good script worthy of adaptation and pitch it to these Hollywood companies, one of them may sponsor them. They don't need my meager cash to produce good movies. That's not an excuse.

Bro, you are 100% right on this one. Our top producers should have the funds to make such films.I was wrong. Money isnt the issue, ignorance is.

Still though, I was thinking of doing a documentary on a colonial-mentality in Nigeria. My main problem is that I know next to nothing about film-making cry. lol.....dead project.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dynamo007(m): 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2018
Abeg who gt link for wedding party 1...?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RoronoaZoro(m): 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
Searching
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RoronoaZoro(m): 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
dynamo007:
Abeg who gt link for wedding party 1...?

Mention me too, I've been looking for this, even downloaded a couple of fakes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 2:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
toluxe0075:

One of my most anticipated movies from Netflix, the night comes for us is another one.
Can you give a review or rating on Apostle.

I haven't watched it yet....it'll be later this night....that's when I watch "horror" movies...

I'm binging The Haunting of Hill house...
so far so good, it's amazing.....

but I'll recommend you download it...(Apostle)....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
Searching.. 7/10..

Not really a fan of thriller but this one s a Lil above average..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Bro, you are 100% right on this one. Our top producers should have the funds to make such films.I was wrong. Money isnt the issue, ignorance is.

Still though, I was thinking of doing a documentary on a colonial-mentality in Nigeria. My main problem is that I know next to nothing about film-making cry. lol.....dead project.

if you get an alert of $100 million, the idea will come from nowhere...gringrin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
SAMBHOSS:

if you get an alert of $100 million, the idea will come from nowhere...gringrin

I will simply hire a director and a producer and tell them to bring my idea to life.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Still though, I was thinking of doing a documentary on colonial-mentality in Nigeria. My main problem is that I know next to nothing about film-making cry. lol.....dead project.

Online articles help but most importantly hands on experience is the best. Link up with a fellow filmmaker (amateur or prof). Also documentaries are simpler in scope to make but ready to waka.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by enemmo(f): 3:49pm On Oct 12, 2018
Kingsmen the golden circle.
I loved the first part.
This one is just all over the place, I didn't enjoy it as much.
Using human meat to make minced meat for a burger?yuk
5/10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 3:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
SAMBHOSS:

I haven't watched it yet....it'll be later this night....that's when I watch "horror" movies...

I'm binging The Haunting of Hill house...
so far so good, it's amazing.....

but I'll recommend you download it...(Apostle)....
Okay, I will download right away. Thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Juzec: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2018
mekaprime:

The first purge is ok, though not perfect, but it's definitely worth the mb & time.
Thanks for the feedback bro
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2018
Venom.
Great movie despite "critic reviews". Shame it wasn't R-rated. Wanted to see some head munching. If there's a sequel, it better be R-rated and this Carnage better be THE REAL CARNAGE.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
troubleseller:
Venom.
Great movie despite "critic reviews". Shame it wasn't R-rated. Wanted to see some head munching. If there's a sequel, it better be R-rated and this Carnage better be THE REAL CARNAGE.

The biggest drawback imo. An enjoyable film nonetheless.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2018
Finished Apostle just now..

This movie is horror in a new dimension..

7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2018
krattoss:
Searching.. 7/10..

Not really a fan of thriller but this one s a Lil above average..

I downloaded it yesterday and delete it within 10 mimites of watching...

What did I miss?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 12, 2018
Moneyboyz:

I downloaded it yesterday and delete it within 10 mimites of watching...

What did I miss?
nothung much.. That bro really over hyped it

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:44pm On Oct 12, 2018
krattoss:
nothung much.. That bro really over hyped it

Lol, so I thought after seeing the thriller, though i'll be seeing it later tonight.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by omoowhe: 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2018
SAMBHOSS:
Apostle....Netflix
please where did you download from
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2018
omoowhe:
Go-to tfpdl
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
Black Widow movie is definitely happening. According to Hollywood Reporter, Scarlett Johansson just landed a lucrative $15 million payday for the movie. Mehn, that's a lot of dough. #Balling

Btw, Gal Gadot only got paid $300k for Wonder Woman (she did receive more after the film became a commercial success, though).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2018
omoowhe:

t f p d l
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
Black Widow movie is definitely happening. According to Hollywood Reporter, Scarlett Johansson just landed a lucrative $15 million payday for the movie. Mehn, that's a lot of dough. #Balling

Btw, Gal Gadot only got paid $300k for Wonder Woman (she did receive more after the film became a commercial success, though).

You can't compare DC movies with Marvel na.

Marvel any day anytime besides Wonder Woman to me is an overrated movie.

It is just there, same as black Panther.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) ... (3871) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.