Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,937 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (927) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3855253 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) ... (3872) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
how can I tell you that. I'm not time, am I

If you're not time, when then did time tell you it'd scripted every SINGLE action of ours?

so saying you'll die is speculating, right?

It's a fact that everything living must die. Nobody knows the time it will happen, but it will surely happen. So, this fall under speculation.

There are things that are sacrosanct and must happen. Everyone can state that they MUST HAPPEN BEFORE they actually happen and that's the point I was trying to let you know. Since those things are known to generally happen, there's no surprises there, but those things people don't know must happen, when someone can actually state they must happen and they do, it's becomes a rare feat and will shock us all.

Take for example, everyone knows that we MUST die one day, but when someone out there keeps stating the EXACT TIME AND WAY people will die, now that revelation will astound everyone that comes to realize he's right. Why? Because what he's doing is stating the future and getting it right. It's an extraordinary feat that none has achieved.

So, telling me I'll die someday is nothing to be praised about, EVERYBODY knows it. But tell me the exact time, month, year, and method of my death, the events that MUST occur that day, all of which I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OF, all of which has been predestined by time. If you can do that for everybody, then you'll convince us that you've read our life script which you're CLAIMING EXISTS and knew how it must play out. Tell us what we know not, not what we already know.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
tell me, if you say you're going to be somewhere tomorrow, and for some reason, you didn't make it there, would you say you didn't make it there out of free will?

It depends on the "reason".

¬But like you initially pointed out, it all boils down to your personal belief.

Exactly, and belief, my friend, doesn't usually equates to FACTS.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:

If you're not time, when then did time tell you it'd scripted every SINGLE action of ours?
in my very first post to you, you read where I said "personally", right?

There are things that are sacrosanct and must happen. Everyone can state that they MUST HAPPEN BEFORE they actually happen and that's the point I was trying to let you know. Since those things are known to generally happen, there's no surprises there, but those things people don't know must happen, when someone can actually state they must happen and they do, it's becomes a rare feat and will shock us all.

Take for example, everyone knows that we MUST die one day, but when someone out there keeps stating the EXACT TIME AND WAY people will die, now that revelation will astound everyone that comes to realize he's right. Why? Because what he's doing is stating the future and getting it right. It's an extraordinary feat that none has achieved.

So, telling me I'll die someday is nothing to be praised about, EVERYBODY knows it. But tell me the exact time, month, year, and method of my death, the events that MUST occur that day, all of which I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OF, all of which has been predestined by time. If you can do that for everybody, then you'll convince us that you've read our life script which you're CLAIMING EXISTS and knew how it must play out. Tell us what we know not, not what we already know.
you make it sound as if i'm a prophet of time.

What I observed are my personal experience (opinion) Everything everybody do(es) has already been predestined.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:

so can you say reason impede freewill?

agreed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
so can you say reason impede freewill?

agreed.

Yes. But a reason "impeding" on freewill doesn't mean freewill doesn't exist and that the life we're all living and all our actions have been preordained before we came into existence by Mr. Time pulling our strings from fuckknows where.

Also, beliefs can equate to facts, so no need canceling that last paragraph. I BELIEVE you and I will die one day. Is my belief a FACT? A resounding yes!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:33pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
in my very first post to you, you read where I said "personally", right?

you make it sound as if i'm a prophet of time.

What I observed are my personal experience (opinion) Everything everybody do(es) has already been predestined.

Now you're speaking my language. It's your "opinion/belief". Not facts.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 10:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:

Yes. But a reason "impeding" on freewill doesn't mean freewill doesn't exist and that the life we're all living and all our actions have been preordained before we came into existence by Mr. Time pulling our strings from fuckknows where.
to you, it does, to me, it doesn't. It's no different from theist and atheist arguing about their personal belief. So you see, no matter how much proof the atheist provide to the theist, they still believe in the existence of God. It's a personal thing.

Also, beliefs can equate to facts, so no need canceling that last paragraph. I BELIEVE you and I will die one day. Is my belief a FACT? A resounding yes!!
belief equate to fact if and when that belief is proven.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
to you, it does, to me, it doesn't. It's no different from theist and atheist arguing about their personal belief. So you see, no matter how much proof the atheist provide to the theist, they still believe in the existence of God. It's a personal thing.

Correct. But as you have finally seen, it's all a BELIEF not FACTS. Which has been my point all along.

belief equate to fact if and when that belief is proven.

Which means beliefs CAN BE FACTUAL, which was what I meant. If I say I believe Messi currently has not won the World Cup which has been proven to be factual, then my belief is a fact. So, I'm right.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
Beorn:

Correct. But as you have finally seen, it's all a BELIEF not FACTS. Which has been my point all along.
okay.

Which means beliefs CAN BE FACTUAL, which was what I meant. If I say I believe Messi currently has not won the World Cup which has been proven to be factual, then my belief is a fact. So, I'm right.
now your belief was made on already existing fact.

If you say you belief Kanu has won the World Cup, you belief will be false because the proven fact on ground is otherwise. In essence, it can be a two way thing, either true or false.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
okay.

now your belief was made on already existing fact.

If you say you belief Kanu has won the World Cup, you belief will be false because the proven fact on ground is otherwise. In essence, it can be a two way thing, either true or false.

Your sudden realization was what I'd implied from the get-go which you faulted by striking out the "usually" phrase from my post below.

Beorn:

The emboldened is what you've finally confirmed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:19pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hunger 7/10

Great dialogue. Outstanding performance by Fassbender. Emotional and thought-provoking ending.

Next stop on the list, Se7en (not on the list but included either way by me) and My Little Eye. I'm making steady progress. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 1:48am On Nov 19, 2018
Spilt.

A solid 9/10.

Magnificent acting by James McAvoy. Dude deserve an Oscar for this movie.

I'll watch Unbreakable again just to get the fill once more. Since the movies are related.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 19, 2018
Lmao, mekaprime.

Honorable Aunty Spambot is apparently beefing with you. 2 consecutive bans in a matter of 2 days. Eleyi gidi gan. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 19, 2018
Beorn:
Hunger 7/10

Great dialogue. Outstanding performance by Fassbender. Emotional and thought-provoking ending.

Next stop on the list, Se7en (not on the list but included either way by me) and My Little Eye. I'm making steady progress. cheesy

- The Visit
- [url=http://avadl.uploadt.com/DL7/Film/The%20Invitation%20(2015)%20720p%20WEB-DL_AVADL.iNFO.mkv]The Invitation[/url]
- [url=http://avadl.uploadt.com/DL7/Film/2011/2/Another%20Earth%20(2011)%20BrRip%20720p_AVADL.Net.mkv]Another Earth[/url]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:53am On Nov 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

- The Visit
- [url=http://avadl.uploadt.com/DL7/Film/The%20Invitation%20(2015)%20720p%20WEB-DL_AVADL.iNFO.mkv]The Invitation[/url]
- [url=http://avadl.uploadt.com/DL7/Film/2011/2/Another%20Earth%20(2011)%20BrRip%20720p_AVADL.Net.mkv]Another Earth[/url]

Na next year I go watch these ones. The number of unwatched movies/TV series in my list dey too much. I'll not be tempted to add these ones. This offer though tempting, has been suspended till next year. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 19, 2018
Beorn:

Na next year I go watch these ones. The number of unwatched movies/TV series in my list dey too much. I'll not be tempted to add these ones. This offer though tempting, has been suspended till next year. grin

Lolz. No wahala. You can always watch them at your own convenience. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 19, 2018
The Outlaw King

A direct sequel to Braveheart, taking place directly after the death of William Wallace. Lots of bloody battles, complemented by great cinematography. Solid entertainment. 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:23am On Nov 19, 2018
AHCB:
Spilt.

A solid 9/10.

Magnificent acting by James McAvoy. Dude deserve an Oscar for this movie.

I'll watch Unbreakable again just to get the fill once more. Since the movies are related.

Split was magnificent. Watch out for glass next year
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:30am On Nov 19, 2018
armadeo:

Split was magnificent. Watch out for glass next year
I certainly will. Saw it on Google and i'm seriously waiting for it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Naijaarchive(m): 9:48am On Nov 19, 2018

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bryan12(m): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2018
The Equalizer 2 - (8.5/10)

I personally find this sequel more interesting than the first one.Actions were not many but every scene count.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2018
Identity.

7/10.

Nice movie, full of suspense, intrigue and of cause, murder. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Telvin7(m): 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
Anybody here got the iflix app
Or can u guys tell me any other app in downloading movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
Instant Family

Mark Wahlberg inclusion made me wary and skeptical of this family comedy, since the guy has been on a perpetual bad run of form spanning a decade. Everything he touches turn to sh*t.

However, when I took my girl to see it for her birthday, I was in for a rude awakening. Suffice to say, the movie is freakin funny, much more than I expected. Laughed way harder than I have a right to. Wahlberg killed it. SO and I had a blast overall.

Most of all, happy for Wahlberg, hopefully, he can build from this momentum and get back to being an A-lister.

7.5/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
Rob Roy

A historical epic with realistic/accurate fight scenes that hit all the right angles/notes in regards to fundamental physics. Sad how this is no longer found in 21st century films, which prefer using green screens, shaky cameras and excessive slow motion shots. Rob Roy final duel was filmed entirely in real time - no gimmicky camera tricks.

The final duel is epic. One thing I leant from this: when it comes to matter of life and death, honor takes the backseat. Also, overconfidence doesn't pay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27M5KWI_q50

8/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Khaytunechi: 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
SuperFly
7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Rextizzle(m): 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
AryaSand:
'The Hate U Give'
How do you see the movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2018
The Gateway: 4/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2018
breadplanets:
The Gateway...... oyibo no dey fear sha
A total waste of data.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
Buy Bust 2018.....7/10.....

hahahahahahahah we die here type of movie...... drug bust gone wrong....
fight for one.... fight for all..... we die here

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by breadplanets(f): 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2018
Viking007:
A total waste of data.
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) ... (3872) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.