Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria (5963 Views)

Nairaland Inter School Debate: Auchi Polytechnic: Winner 7 / Nairaland Interschool School Debate::OAU Vs ABU ZARIA::WINNER: ABU ZARIA / LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Fynestboi: 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
[size=68pt]Standing...
RANKING

DELSU 78

UI 73

LAUTECH 70.5

UNILAG 70

OAU 70

KSU 70

ABU ZARIA 68.5

UNIBEN 65.5

NDU 65

UNIOSUN 65

LASU 63

FUTA 56

FUNAAB 55

AAUA 53

FUTMINNA 53

UNN 48

IMSU 45.5

NU 33.5

[s]OSUSTECH 00

UNIJOS 00

[/size]
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 6:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
larride:

grin its funny really.

Congrats to Abu and Mhyke.
thanks.
i answered questions directed to rexul as time culd permit me,i also specified that il tak time to answer his questions.
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Mhyke: 6:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
maclatunji:

I just was not convinced with your reasons to allow autocratic rule in place of democracy.

By the way, Mhyke would have received the highest score from me except that he kept on writing abbreviations and I had to penalise that.

ABU really got to the heart of the matter with their ASUU example and punctured UNIOSUN's "rule of law" under military government argument by letting us know that the military do not work with the constitution.
i apologise 4 goin against the abbreviating rule.im havin a low batr3 so i hv to b very fast as i culd
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by sapientia1(m): 6:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mhyke:
thanks.
i answered questions directed to rexul as time culd permit me,i also specified that il tak time to answer his questions.
lol...no u didnt bro........check the debate all over again
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by sapientia1(m): 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
@larride....i think we still get hope wt this points and considering other schools' points
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by larride(m): 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mhyke:
thanks.

Brova, you tried your very best and I salute you for that. But looking at point rexul gathered, its nothing short of funny. He got 4point in persuasiveness while I got 2.5, grin
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by larride(m): 6:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
sapientia1: @larride....i think we still get hope wt this points and considering other schools' points

cool
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by maclatunji: 9:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
sapientia1: but it still doesn't explain how RESXUL gathered such points

His points remained valid throughout the debate. For me it is really not about how long but the validity of the arguments. The gap between both teams could have been wider if not for the fact that I penalised Mhyke.

Your opening arguments are key, most of the rebuttal phases are not very convincing on both sides.
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by maclatunji: 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
larride:

Of course, we all know that the military don't work with the constitution so that shouldn't be a criteria to judge them both. I gave example of Gaddafi who is a maximum ruler and yet achieved more than any civilian rule we have ever had in Nigeria. Its on record that things were better economically during the military regime than now the civilian regime, the only thing that works against military regime then was human rights issue but we are talking of development here and not human right issues. Overall I respect your judgment.

The constitution is the foundation on which the country is built. There is hardly any greater destabilising action in a country like Nigeria other than suspending the constitution after each coup.

You need to learn to put things in context; emphasizing Libya and Gaddafi when you are debating about Nigeria is not optimal especially when we have our own examples of military rule. Even if we look at Gaddafi, we find that his example is not very attractive because he left Libya in chaos.
Re: Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria by Chartey(m): 8:43am On Dec 14, 2013
Oh my God! I could have joined my colleagues in pulling ABU up the chart. Can i join midway? Mhyke and Rexsul, where are you please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Must Be 18+ Old If You Can Still Remember All This..... / Canada Has The Best Government Cabinet In The World(pics) / The Patient Dog Actually Eats The Fattest Bone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.