Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,871 members, 7,889,912 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:23 AM

Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? (1793 Views)

FG To Stabilise Economy With N350bn / Patience Jonathan Yet To Stabilise - Hospital / NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? by Delafruita(m): 2:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
In the last two months,my area has not had up to 72hrs electricity which is worse that pre-privatisation
Re: Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? by jmaine: 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
taharqa: So the people of Univ of Porthacourt and Aluu Areas nova wan get light abi? When una go find @otokx and bundle am out of that area. Na @otokx bi d bad head wey make una no dey get light o.. U people beta cast Jonah into d fish belle now, Or una ship go capsize o....

Guy don kolo finish grin .Operating discard Otokx Jonah into the Atlantic Ocean cheesy
Re: Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? by pweetyface(f): 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
40 mins in the afternoon or 2-3 hrs @ night....whicheva one comes,but its just once in a day.....festac
Re: Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? by slimfit1(m): 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
OBJ left office in 2007 and we'r now in 2013, that is a clear 6 years after OBJ left office. In addition, OBJ had 8 years do whatever he could as president of Nigeria. So was 8 years (1999 to 2007) not enough for him to fix power?

Now lets stretch the debate further along your line of argument, when can we say OBJ effort on corruption is also "starting to yield" negatively or positively?

You think buying power plants equipment is like buying generators come be realistic man. I don't I OBJ but every thing power in Nigeria today is his idea
Re: Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? by guy1234: 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Max of 6 hrs daily. Given at dat unproductive time: night. So we just sleep with it. 6 am sharp and its gone. Reporting from KETU LAGOS
Re: Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? by OKKO(m): 6:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
About 20 hrs per day in Shika Zaria but traveled to Enugu and had 18 hrs Zik's Avenue.
But I know that effect of privatization will take up to 6 months to have maximum effect.
Re: Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? by otokx(m): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
jmaine:

Guy don kolo finish grin .Operating discard Otokx Jonah into the Atlantic Ocean cheesy

don't mind Taharqa
Re: Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? by gerald09(m): 7:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
olabukola: you been think say you go get light for free. Hehehehe for my business premises only I got a bill of £400.02 for July. Change it to naira and you will understand that development is not cheap. Wait untill you start paying road tax to repair roads you drive on. Una never start to dey compare Nigeria and Europe or USA.
Leave dem, very soon Nigerians go dey use candle (even if lite dey) just to reduce electricity bill. They ask for change n privatisation in the power sector but are they ready to handle d high rate of electricity bills dat will soon start visiting every month.
Re: Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 14, 2013
The trend of improved public power supply continues here in Enugu.
Re: Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
I've been monitoring public power supply situation all through today. There has been power failure only twice today and on both occasions it didn't last more than 5 minutes before it was restored. So far so good.

1 Like

Re: Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
Not so good, in my Area!!!! Although there is light (power) right now

The best I've seen power in Nigeria was during the former minister of Power(can't remember his name), before he was pressured to resign by media houses(e.g. Sahara reporters) sponsored by opposition political parties - cooking up fake and dubious allegation of corruption.

light(power) isn't that good in my area, but I believe in GEJ's transformation agenda. I'm optimistic!!!
Re: Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? by gbadexy(m): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
The power situation has never been this terrible before.
We have about 15 mins power supply daily, sometimes just 5 mins in 3 days at surulere in lagos.
Worst part is they still bring increased bill.
I curse this administration daily for the inconvenience.
We are left at the mercy of these cabals that may decide to render poor service and yet charge high bill.
Re: Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
Its just few minutes to 12 midnight and there has been no further incidents of power failure. Fantastic day in terms of public power supply (more than 23 hours for the day). If Tinubu and co can stop sponsoring dogs to vandalise gas pipelines, perhaps this momentum may be sustained.

But from the comments made so far, it seems many places in Lagos are still having challenges. I hope the distribution company there lives up to expectation. Good night

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo State To Issue Out ID Card To Northerners In The State / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo / Davido Acquires A New Private Jet (see Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.