Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,644 members, 7,878,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:33 AM

Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. (40637 Views)

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / 12 Most Loved Cities In Nigeria / 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Alikaxon(m): 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
For those that have travelled far and wide across major cities in Nigeria. There is no doubt that Lagos and Abuja are the two biggest cities in Nigeria. Exluding these two giant cities, I've fathomed that here is where the problem lies; many Nigerians don't know the exact next biggest city(s) after this two mentioned above. In other countries, their citizens can list the top 10 cities in the perfect order without anyone disputing it. But here in Nigeria, If mr. A should list it's top 3, mr. B will dispute it and list another different top 3 cities entirely. I think this arises because we are using various and differ criteria according to our perception. Let us all use this simple criteria: Level of industrial presence, level of infrastructural presence, largeness and population size. I think this are the three major criterias for rating a city, so with these criteria, any named list here can be justified. I woun't name my list in other to be neutral. Your lists are welcomed. At the end of the day, the most popularly supported list(s) are the final top 3(three). Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by henrimoto(m): 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
i will pick my next three big city/state as these : Ogun state, Portharcourt, if not for religious crisis every now and then, kano state would have been among. but let's proceed.. ibadan, kaduna, akwa ibom state, cross river state, anambra state because of activities along onitsha, nnewi, akwa, and other some parts like that.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by maajin007(m): 3:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
kano;port harcourt;

3 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by DARREG(m): 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
are u sure u really read the op question well?
henrimoto: i will pick my next three big city/state as these : Ogun state, Portharcourt, if not for religious crisis every now and then, kano state would have been among. but let's proceed.. ibadan, kaduna, akwa ibom state, cross river state, anambra state because of activities along onitsha, nnewi, akwa, and other some parts like that.

33 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Alikaxon(m): 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
Benin city. Port harcourt. Agbor.

2 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
Port Harcourt
Benin-City
Enugu

28 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Prowizy2(m): 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
Otuoke
Jigawa
Gombe

5 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
Port Harcourt
Onitsha
Kano

20 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Swashi007(m): 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
Benincheesy
Uyogrin
Delta8(

16 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by UDbester(m): 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
Doko
Apo
Munya

2 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by toseen29: 4:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
Kano
Port Harcourt
Ogun

3 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by fr3do(m): 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Benin
Ibadan (in actual size)
Uyo

8 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by snika: 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
First, Lagos and Abuja are not the top cities in Nigeria. Unless by 'top', you mean the most expensive, or the most traffic-jammed cities in Nigeria, then these two places you mentioned won't have any opposition for the respective qualities.

Since you didn't declare the principles used in gauging these 'top' cities, I'll base my own calculations on livelihood, cost of living, ease of movement, accomodation, friendliness of people and $$ opportunity.

So based on the above, the 3 top cities I'm considering(my own assumptions) are:

1. Enugu
2. Onitsha
3. Jos Portharcourt

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by AMvanquish: 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
Kano and Port Harcourt 4 Sure
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by albiol: 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
The op said cities and y'all naming states for me its got to be
kano cos of its size and the commercial activities
port harcourt cos of the oik revenue generated from there
Ibadan cos of its population

35 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by destino24(m): 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
If Enugu is not on anyone's list, then that list is a joke angry

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Call me back with your wonderful "like" when this makes front page smiley

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
1. Calabar - Love this place! smiley smiley
2. Port Harcourt
3. Benin

8 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by richie44(m): 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
Enugu
kano
rivers

2 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Afam4eva(m): 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
In what sense? Since you mentioned Lagos and Abuja then i'll asume you're referring to the most important cities. The top 3 most important cities are Lagos, Abuja and Porthacourt then before the regional capitals of Enugu, Ibadan and Kaduna.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by henrimoto(m): 5:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
DARREG: are u sure u really read the op question well?
ma bros, give ur own list.

4 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by rodeo0070(m): 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
*Enugu

*Ibadan

*Port Harcourt...

I would av loved to add Kano, Zaria and Jos but y'all know the reason.

These places are also awesome: Akure, Ilorin, Calabar, Uyo...

10 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by emedy(m): 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
Based on serenity,recreational and hospitality

Kaduna...I fear now oo

Benin

Uyo***emerging

2 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by cheesome(m): 6:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
Kano
Enugu
PH

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Latnok95(m): 6:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
*Calabar
*Benin
*Port Harcourt

Meanwhile, is Lagos as a state qualified to be called a city? what then do we call Ikeja? *help a curious fellow*

3 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by dridowu: 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
Maiduguri
Nguru (Yobe)
Kano

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Alikaxon(m): 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
Afam4eva: In what sense? Since you mentioned Lagos and Abuja then i'll asume you're referring to the most important cities. The top 3 most important cities are Lagos, Abuja and Porthacourt then before the regional capitals of Enugu, Ibadan and Kaduna.
Lagos and Abuja are exluded, for it is obvious they are the most important cities. Aside from lagos and Abuja, the next 3 most important cities is what we are emphasizing. I think: Benin city, Port harcourt, and Agbor, are the top 3 after Lag and Abj.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by dridowu: 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
Maiduguri
Nguru (Yobe)
Sabo Gari (Kano)
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Alikaxon(m): 6:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
Latnok95: *Calabar
*Benin
*Port Harcourt

Meanwhile, is Lagos as a state qualified to be called a city? what then do we call Ikeja? *help a curious fellow*
you know the meaning of Megalopolies? It is the integration of several cities or towns. Lagos is a megalopolise in this sence, If u integrate Ikeja, lekki, Ajah, Ikoyi etc, they all combine to give you a mega city. Lagos has been a city long before it was made a state. A city was turned into a state, and the Ikeja, V.I and so are just segments of it. Have I elucidated it well?

7 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Afam4eva(m): 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
Alikaxon: Lagos and Abuja are exluded, for it is obvious they are the most important cities. Aside from lagos and Abuja, the next 3 most important cities is what we are emphasizing. I think: Benin city, Port harcourt, and Agbor, are the top 3 after Lag and Abj.
Is Agbor among the top 3 towns in Delta state let alone Nigeria? When will you people stop being sentimental in everything.

38 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by EzePromoe: 6:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
Lagos and Abuja are not the only major cities.
In Nigeria, there are three major cities; Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.

Then if I'm to mention the next three that follows, I would say, Kano, Enugu and Ibadan because of their regional significance.

13 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Latnok95(m): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
Alikaxon: you know the meaning of Megalopolies? It is the integration of several cities or towns. Lagos is a megalopolise in this sence, If u integrate Ikeja, lekki, Ajah, Ikoyi etc, they all combine to give you a mega city. Lagos has been a city long before it was made a state. A city was turned into a state, and the Ikeja, V.I and so are just segments of it. Have I elucidated it well?

Yes sire, Thanks.. I appreciate cool
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by ebamma(m): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
Calabar is the coolest city in nigeria, take it or leave it

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Crushed Beyond Recognition In Orile, Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Man Left Nigeria For Libya With 2 Legs, Returns Back With Crutches. Photos / Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.