Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,288 members, 7,881,072 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:51 AM

Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. (40642 Views)

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / 12 Most Loved Cities In Nigeria / 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
Evestar200: really? Have we crossed each other path b4?

No, but I know how cranky you get whenever matters concerning delta is been discussed.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2013
Chuksphil2go: The only city in SW is former capital of nigeria, Lagos and its bc of what federal govt,corporate bodies and international communities invested in the city.
The rest are shanties like Ibadan the only fine building there is Cocoa House anoda is UI community 90% of the buildings there are mud houses with rusted zincs,poor skyline,dirty residents,poor transportation system,poor housing...beggars outnumber givers,illiteracy is at its peak.
Akure try shaa but lack of urban renewal its the bane,for Abeokuta all the money stolen from the coffers of FG dat was invested there yet it still look like ancient ruins...Ado and Oshogbo are glorified villages,these 2 are regarded as old pple's home.

Kaduna is good,jos used to be good but Kano is the worst place in the world someone will ever tink of residing.

PHC lacks proper planning and traffic holdup is a perpetual nightmare with alot of cult activities and high cost of living.

Calabar,Enugu,Owerri,Uyo, are gud to raise kids and live a decent lifestyle but dough aint flowing there.

Onitsha,Aba,Nnewi are too busy but with best of accomodations.modern streets and beautiful housing system,biz opportunities,perfect competition,low cost of living but sparing crime rate in the first n second aint encouraging but still minimal.
Warri is too chaotic like PH wit the same cult activities and oda vices
u definitely never leave ur village before no offence
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Erotex(m): 3:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
albiol: The op said cities and y'all naming states for me its got to be
kano cos of its size and the commercial activities
port harcourt cos of the oik revenue generated from there
Ibadan cos of its population

when it comes to commercial activities, u cant even put Lagos ahead of Onisha let-alone using Kano.
Plz read the OP question wella

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
django1:

I think I'll take akure over abk.
yeah me too a akure is more meaningful than Abeokuta
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Afam4eva(m): 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
9jadelta: yeah me too a akure is more meaningful than Abeokuta
Can you expatiate? I've also seen more positive reviews on Akure than Abeokuta. Infact, ABK is rarely talked about.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by lymelyte(m): 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
Please how much does access bank exchange naira for a dollar?
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2013

Calabar
Uyo
Port-Harcourt
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Theben(m): 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
Btruth: - Kano (the most commercialize city after Lagos)
- Ibadan (the biggest city in West Africa)
- Port Harcourt (the most well developed oil city in Africa)
That was in the nineties. Cairo, Johannesburg and Lagos have taken over.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by derolemode(m): 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
Portharcourt
Uyo
Otta
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Afam4eva(m): 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
Theben:
You even quoted the post and couldn't see "West Africa". Btw, how does a city seize to remain the biggest?
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Can you expatiate? I've also seen more positive reviews on Akure than Abeokuta. Infact, ABK is rarely talked about.
Abeokuta is a very local city with little city like stuffs going on there unlike akure.... I have being to couple of places in akure and Abeokuta... but akure makes little more sense than Abeokuta in terms of planning and exposure.
my opinion though.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by akanbiaa(m): 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
Undisputed is
Portharcourt
Ibadan
Kano

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by platz(m): 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
ęboŋyį şţāţę
şoķoţo
ŋd
ābā
ųŋā go ƒęāŗ çįţy nah
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by ebenezerdreal: 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
MAIDURURI
KAFANCHA
DUTSE
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by lymelyte(m): 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Please what is the current access bank exchange rate for 1dollar to naira ?
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Theben:
read well before u quote
he said biggest in terms of size not economy

Cairo, Johannesburg are not in west Africa
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by ocelot2006(m): 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Port Harcourt
Calabar
Uyo
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Chartey(m): 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Btruth: - Kano (the most commercialize city after Lagos)
- Ibadan (the biggest city in West Africa)
- Port Harcourt (the most well developed oil city in Africa)
Do you mean Luanda?

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Chidosky1000: 3:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
042 is not just a code but a lifestyle! Keep me posted on d event of ROAD BLOCK!! My blood is Enugu in color
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by firstofall: 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
I have stayed for sometime in abeokuta b4 and i loved it. Very cool and relatively easier to get around compared to lagos and Ibadan is nice too. Night life is awesome!!! and i think its easier to start a business these cities. So i'll say
1) Abeokuta
2) Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Rikidony(m): 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
Three most important cities in Nigeria
*Lagos
*Abuja
*Port harcout
Regional cities in Nigeria
*Kano
*Ibadan
*Enugu
Three emerging cities in Nigeria
*Calabar
*Uyo
*Jigawa

2 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Ngokafor(f): 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
@ op i'l rather make mine 7 if you dont mind so here we go..
Enugu..
Portharcourt
Uyo..
Calabar..
Asaba..
Benin-City..(simply cos i schooled in UNIBEN so i kinda have a soft spot for this city)
Owerri..
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by victorlexa(m): 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
9jadelta: read well before u quote
he said biggest in terms of size not economy

Cairo, Johannesburg are not in west Africa
u shud read wel also... who told u abuja is bigger in size?
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by sCun: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
Theben:
In west Africa?
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by erico2k2(m): 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
snika: First, Lagos and Abuja are not the top cities in Nigeria. Unless by 'top', you mean the most expensive, or the most traffic-jammed cities in Nigeria, then these two places you mentioned won't have any opposition for the respective qualities.

Since you didn't declare the principles used in gauging these 'top' cities, I'll base my own calculations on livelihood, cost of living, ease of movement, accomodation, friendliness of people and $$ opportunity.

So based on the above, the 3 top cities I'm considering(my own assumptions) are:

1. Enugu
2. Onitsha
3. Jos Portharcourt
Bro PH and Enugu yes bt Onitsha ? Nahh
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kano
Kaduna
Enugu
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ibadan(the largest city in w/africa), Kano and ph(size being my criterion)
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by nigerfine: 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
Our education system has really failed us so much that more than 20 percent of respondents can't distinguish between state and towns , Lagos excluded which could be used for both ; depends on context . No sentiments attached; mine is port harcourt , Enugu kaduna Ibadan , well most nigerian cities are very close contest.

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by blackbeau1(f): 4:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
I think it wld be:
Enugu,ph,uyo
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nobody mentioned Owerri..
angry

My Own Idea of Cities are blocks n blocks of Skyscrapers..

So only Lasgidi n Abuja are eligible..

The rest are glorified towns..
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
Port harcourt
Kano
Enugu..
Take it or live it
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Katier00(f): 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
henrimoto: i will pick my next three big city/state as these : Ogun state, Portharcourt, if not for religious crisis every now and then, kano state would have been among. but let's proceed.. ibadan, kaduna, akwa ibom state, cross river state, anambra state because of activities along onitsha, nnewi, akwa, and other some parts like that.
which kind anambra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Left Nigeria For Libya With 2 Legs, Returns Back With Crutches. Photos / Toyota Land Cruiser Somersaults At Stadium, Lagos (photos) / Hailstones Shattered Chinese Airlines Airbus A380 Aircraft's Windscreen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.