Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,457 members, 7,944,269 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:40 PM

Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? (6358 Views)

Jonathan Was Inexperienced, Not Incompetent - Babangida / New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist / GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by 1wolex85: 5:23pm On Dec 14, 2013
citizenY: ,@berem,

massive votes... I am inclined to believe that all those figures do not really exist.... like Anambra.. are u not convinced that the startistics convey what the actual voting population is? Despite continuous registration and sensitaization by political parties? There are no votes anywhere....rigging is the name of the game.
Thank you. For sometime now, I have been thinking about opening a thread on this issue after the anambra guber polls. Look at the figures, they dont even add up to 500k. PDP alone got over 1m votes from anambra in d 2011 pres elections. Can someone please explain these figures because they do not add up. All elections are local, there shud even be more interest in the guber than the pres elections in a state. Yet they want me to believe gej thru jega presided over free and fair elections.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
1wolex85:
Thank you. For sometime now, I have been thinking about opening a thread on this issue after the anambra guber polls. Look at the figures, they dont even add up to 500k. PDP alone got over 1m votes from anambra. Can someone please explain these figures because they do not add up. All elections are local, there shud even be more interest in the guber than the pres elections in a state. Yet they want me to believe gej thru jega presided over free and fair elections.
my thought exactly. The total number of voters in the concluded anambra election was less than 500,000. And i think anambra state is the most populated in the southeast, so let us assume the the entire electorates in southeast votes for Gej, the number of votes he would get from there might not be up to two million
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Kingsley1000(m): 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
joeyfire: Who banned Eko Ile? Which one be agbameta abeg.

Gej doesn't hate us but his administration is playing politics with development in the south east.

Prime evidence is the second niger bridge story which I regard as a freaking insult.

Someone who knows him should remind him that 2015 don dey reach. He better shape up or lose the faith of his second most reliable power base
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by juman(m): 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
He is just as confused and not well determined president as obj.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
Billyonaire: Igbos are commerce personified, these are core traders and producers. Guess who will be the highest beneficiaries of the Economy once private owners push the megawatts up ? Igbos! These are people who without Oil blocs and wells can boast of a millionaire per family.

GEJ has done more to the Igbos than any other President of Nigeria - Death or Alive.

GEJ too muchee for Igbos.
Billyonaire, after going through your posts on this thread, you have earned my respect.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by bloggernaija: 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
berem: Gesture indeed! What has gesture got to do with the improvements of the standard of living of my people? How many people's lives where transformed after the state burial? The only thing Jonathan knows is to seek for attention and do nothing all for the sake of 2015 in Igbo land. He has done nothing to earn him another massive votes if he decides to contest in 2015. You guys should stop living in ignorance and wake up!! angry

Meanwhile, the southwest have just bullied him out of 1.2 billion dollars for lekki seaport.
We will bully him for OKFTZ NLG too.
After all, na our money.
The 8 billion dollars in taxes,duties and fees generated out of the Lagos -Ibadan -OGUN industrial axis alone only means that

WE ARE WORTH IT.

BY THE WAY, THE OTUOKE FISHERMAN IS BUILDING A PORT IN BAYELSA(SMART MAN indeed) ,WHILE OUR ENTERPRISING BROTHERS ARE ASKING FOR A BRIDGE THEY CAN GET OFF THE GROUND THEMSELVES.

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by atlwireles: 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
bloggernaija:

Meanwhile, the southwest have just bullied him out of 1.2 billion dollars for lekki seaport.
After all, na our money.
The 8 billion naira in taxes,duties and fees generated out of the Lagos -Ibadan -OGUN industrial axis alone only means that

WE ARE WORTH IT.

BY THE WAY, THE OTUOKE FISHERMAN IS BUILDING A PORT IN BAYELSA(SMART MAN indeed) ,WHILE OUR ENTERPRISING BROTHERS ARE ASKING FOR A BRIDGE THEY CAN GET OFF THE GROUND THEMSELVES.

Typical from the parasites of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by MeAboki(m): 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
PointB:

Not necessarily an achievement, but it was a kind gesture. Something an Northern or yorobar president wouldn't have done. Some small gestures like that actually go a long way.

Sorry, didn't want to join issues with anyone on this thread, seeing that its an all Igbo affair; however, I cannot let you get away with the above ignorant/myopic statement without correction, lest others also will continue to believe same.

FYI, Chukwuma Nzeugwu, one of the 1966 coupists who murdered the former northern premier Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto (may his soul rest in peace), was himself later killed in the Biafran war by Nigerian troops, even though an enemy, was buried with full military honour in Kaduna in northern Nigeria, his grave still there in the Kaduna military cemetery for all to see.
In the same vein, pls be assured that northerners do not in general harbour that wicked vindictive streak ever present in you Igbos - just look at the policy of no victor no vanquished and the 3 R's of: Reconciliation, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction that followed soon after the war - enough said.

3 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by citizenY(m): 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
pazienza:

Nigeria as a country died in 1970. It is strategic that Igbos support GEJ, not because GEJ will do us any special favours(which we know the Yoruba/northern gang up can never do, they had four decades to prove otherwise), but because GEJ represents equality and justice, he will provide a level playing ground for all Nigerian groups, and when you have a level playing ground for all, Igbos will always dominate. This is the sole reason GEJ must remain in Aso rock till 2019, it will buy Ndiigbo enough time to trim the Yoruba- hausa/fulani influence more, and place us in a better position to face the Yoruba/northern gang up again with GEJ departure, but this time around, better prepared.

To keep GEJ in Aso rock till 2019, is a task that must be done.

My friend , this is politics for you.If you are not ready now you will never be ready. Ambition is work in progress.. strategise , network properly and review progress as you reach milestones. If you are waiting for GEJ to do that for you, you may not be his "anointed" when the time comes and even if you are, he may give you the OBJ treatment... as we are witnessing now.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
bloggernaija:

After all, na our money.
The 8 billion naira in taxes,duties and fees generated out of the Lagos -Ibadan -OGUN industrial axis alone only means that

WE ARE WORTH IT.

So pathetic my brother. Smh embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Emperor007: 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2013
pazienza:

Nigeria as a country died in 1970. It is strategic that Igbos support GEJ, not because GEJ will do us any special favours(which we know the Yoruba/northern gang up can never do, they had four decades to prove otherwise), but because GEJ represents equality and justice, he will provide a level playing ground for all Nigerian groups, and when you have a level playing ground for all, Igbos will always dominate. This is the sole reason GEJ must remain in Aso rock till 2019, it will buy Ndiigbo enough time to trim the Yoruba- hausa/fulani influence more, and place us in a better position to face the Yoruba/northern gang up again with GEJ departure, but this time around, better prepared.

To keep GEJ in Aso rock till 2019, is a task that must be done.

^^^

You made valid points and nice thinking .

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Malawian(m): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
chukwudi44: The OP is an APC e-warrior masquarading as an igbo man.Check his post history .

@berem

You are a disgrace to igbo women (that is if indeed you are one).The fact that someone married from another tribe does not mean the person should forget is/heritage.

So you mean to tell that igbos are now the one lazy ones depending on FG while the yorubas are hardworking abi? What has the FG over the ages done for igboland compared to the massive FG investments in yoruba land over the years

oily dicks can do that to ya undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by IGBOSON1: 10:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
Me_Aboki:

Sorry, didn't want to join issues with anyone on this thread, seeing that its an all Igbo affair; however, I cannot let you get away with the above ignorant/myopic statement without correction, lest others also will continue to believe same.

FYI, Chukwuma Nzeugwu, one of the 1966 coupists who murdered the former northern premier Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto (may his soul rest in peace), was himself later killed in the Biafran war by Nigerian troops, even though an enemy, was buried with full military honour in Kaduna in northern Nigeria, his grave still there in the Kaduna military cemetery for all to see.
In the same vein, pls be assured that northerners do not in general harbour that wicked vindictive streak ever present in you Igbos - just look at the policy of no victor no vanquished and the 3 R's of: Reconciliation, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction that followed soon after the war - enough said.

^^^While the rest of your post may hold true, the bolded of 'no victor no vanquished' and '3Rs' were just empty platitudes.....full of nothing but hot air!

What reconstruction, reconciliation or rehabilitation was done for Ndigbo and in Alaigbo after the civil war?; a period when there was too much money that the Gowon administration didn't know what to do with it......besides building up Lagos and other major cities in the north that is! Fuc/kall was done in Igboland!

They built a massive military industrial complex in Kaduna; built Ajaokuta steel company; built a refinery in Kaduna (tapping crude through pipes laid over hundreds of miles from the niger delta up to the north, at a huge expense); spent billions of dollars building dams and irrigation schemes all over the north, while they left the south east to battle their own environmental challenge of erosion (until the coming of GEJ that is); built flyovers and bridges all over Lagos; built or maintained int'l airports in Lagos and Kano (and later on Abuja) while Enugu -since the end of the uncivil war- only just had it's first int'l commercial flight a few months ago; sited nation building institutions all over the north and Lagos, with non in the south east; ignored the potential goldmines of Onitsha and Aba, while building and sustaining other cities like Lagos and Kano (if the river Niger had been dredged since the early 70s, and the Onitsha river port was given all necessary for it to succeed, by now Onitsha - and the south eastern economy in general- would be even more thriving and dynamic than is presently the case); and i could go on and on!

I've a little assignment for you. From the end of the civil war till date, list the number of Igbos that have occupied the following positions: head of state or president, chief justice of the federation, comptroller general of customs, MD or chairman of NPA, minister of petroleum, all the service chief positions, etc-etc-etc. When you've done this, also note the region/ethnicity that features most on your list.....it should then dawn on you that this country is a farce and one big scam!

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by agbameta: 11:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
IGBO-SON:

(if the river Niger had been dredged since the early 70s, and the Onitsha river port was given all necessary for it to succeed, by now Onitsha - and the south eastern economy in general- would be even more thriving and dynamic than is presently the case); and i could go on and on !

"You have remained a pillar of support for my administration; you have indeed given me greater support than any other ethnic group in the country. I want to also assure you that I will not take your support for granted.
"As you are aware, my administration has continued to make efforts towards addressing the marginalisation of the zone. We are already addressing the infrastructural deficit in the zone; the international airport has taken off and plans are underway to develop it as one of the major aerotropolis in the country. With the dredging of the River Niger and the award of contract for the second Niger Bridge , you can agree with me that the South-east can no longer remain the same," he said.

1. According to GEJ, he dredged the river port already so what dredging are you talking about? Was he lying?

2. According to GEJ, he awarded the contract for the 2nd Niger bridge already. So, what are you talking about? Was he lying? Of course he was lying and insulting you to your face because he did not award any contract.

Yo reap what you sow with your hateful and bigoted ways towards other people, with your associations and the caliber of people you pick to represent you based on tribalism and bigotry ....

Again, you reap what you sow.

3 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by pazienza(m): 12:37am On Dec 15, 2013
citizenY:

My friend , this is politics for you.If you are not ready now you will never be ready. Ambition is work in progress.. strategise , network properly and review progress as you reach milestones. If you are waiting for GEJ to do that for you, you may not be his "anointed" when the time comes and even if you are, he may give you the OBJ treatment... as we are witnessing now.

Bro, you can only imagine what being out of power for so long can do to a group. *grins* We saw how the so tagged clueless Ijaw man got the whole North crumbling in 2011, with full access to Nigerian money as a president, he easily put a knife on the things that held them together, and they fell apart. The so called northern consensus candidate was disgraced, as GEJ shared the money around to buy saboteurs in the north, or will i say allies, before then, the news in town was how Igbo political elites love money, and easily betrayed Igbo political ambitions for personal interest, but the northern elites just out of power for few years, were easily bought over, how much more were people expecting from the Igbo political elites who had been in political wilderness for four decades.

The northern -yoruba gang up understands this, that's why they can't even wait for another 4years, they know it's now or never.

A GEJ second tenure will mean that he will no longer need future votes from the northern-yoruba gang up, he will be finally free, this prospect is what your people dread, and why 2015 is a do or die affair for you, of course, they know that any written agreement they make with GEJ now to protect their interests can be easily be breached after GEJ win, they are well aware of this fact, after all they once played this game in Aburi, so they can never be pacified by any agreement, It's a do or die affair for them, and it will either result in their political death, or the final burial of a deceased Nigeria that died 4 decades ago but eluded burial,thus intoxicating it's inhabitants with it's putrid stench.

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by DerideGull(m): 12:56am On Dec 15, 2013
Abagworo: I think we should grow beyond expecting any special favour from anyone irrespective of our support or not. Nigerian President is for Nigeria and not for Igbos or Hausas or Ijaws. Jonathan is not a born leader and that's why his best is not good enough.

Were you not the same goofy character that heavy-handedly faulted GEJ because the so-called Niger Delta was not massively flooded with economic infrastructures? I guess you forgot that Nigerian president is for Nigeria not the so-called Niger Delta.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by bloggernaija: 3:00am On Dec 15, 2013
pazienza:

Bro, you can only imagine what being out of power for so long can do to a group. *grins* We saw how the so tagged clueless Ijaw man got the whole North crumbling in 2011, with full access to Nigerian money as a president, he easily put a knife on the things that held them together, and they fell apart. The so called northern consensus candidate was disgraced, as GEJ shared the money around to buy saboteurs in the north, or will i say allies, before then, the news in town was how Igbo political elites love money, and easily betrayed Igbo political ambitions for personal interest, but the northern elites just out of power for few years, were easily bought over, how much more were people expecting from the Igbo political elites who had been in political wilderness for four decades.

The northern -yoruba gang up understands this, that's why they can't even wait for another 4years, they know it's now or never.

A GEJ second tenure will mean that he will no longer need future votes from the northern-yoruba gang up, he will be finally free, this prospect is what your people dread, and why 2015 is a do or die affair for you, of course, they know that any written agreement they make with GEJ now to protect their interests can be easily be breached after GEJ win, they are well aware of this fact, after all they once played this game in Aburi, so they can never be pacified by any agreement, It's a do or die affair for them, and it will either result in their political death, or the final burial of a deceased Nigeria that died 4 decades ago but eluded burial,thus intoxicating it's inhabitants with it's putrid stench.

The Northern -Yoruba gang up you refer to is a myth .
The Reality is the exact opposite.
We are ideologically different .
Unfortunately the ibos have the same ideology as the north.the only saving grace is that the are southerners and Christians .or else ,
It is essentially the same ranka dede
We have been battling them since like forever.
The actual gang up was the SE /ABOKI gang up .there was pause during the civil war but that romance was reactivated immediately after.
the northerners only wanted your leaders as houseboys .
The SE has had as many political appointees as the SW and even at times,even more .
However ,the money and initiative always seems to be directed at their own pocket.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by naijaking1: 3:42am On Dec 15, 2013
Kingsley1000: Seems uncanny to me.we igbos are the prime backbone behind GEJ's success during the last presidential
election,irrespective of he's not igboid(an igbo).Prior to election,he made some impressive
promises to us,which include,2nd niger bridge,cargo
airport in anambra among others...Pls what has he done/
or the thing we've benefitted in his administration??

Even in 2015,if Gej anticipated for 2nd "missionary journey"i envisage the same massive support from Igbos,is it that we don't know what we want?Remember,it was in his administration that "bokoharam,brutal killings of igbos in the north ensued"...i thought our clamour and aspiration is an "igbo president or biafra"why can't we stick to it?..why's Gej using flimsy and unfeasible promises as"bait" to attract and steer us? Great igbos!so #ashamed

Are you Igbo
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by pazienza(m): 4:26am On Dec 15, 2013
bloggernaija:

The Northern -Yoruba gang up you refer to is a myth .
The Reality is the exact opposite.
We are ideologically different .
Unfortunately the ibos have the same ideology as the north.the only saving grace is that the are southerners and Christians .or else ,
It is essentially the same ranka dede
We have been battling them since like forever.
The actual gang up was the SE /ABOKI gang up .there was pause during the civil war but that romance was reactivated immediately after.
the northerners only wanted your leaders as houseboys .
The SE has had as many political appointees as the SW and even at times,even more .
However ,the money and initiative always seems to be directed at their own pocket.

You must be joking. It is well known fact who shared the spoils of the war between themselves after the fall of the east, and are now battling like hell to keep those spoils, when it is obvious they are going to fail. APC represents Yoruba- northern unholy alliance, it reminds me of Gowon/Awo alliance, only this time around, their failure is eminent.

You know Stella took some of your civil war spoils when he cut your numbers in the aviation industry, and you guys were out for newspaper war, that's just the beginning, wait till this victory sails through in 2015, you will wail more, . And for the north, the oil block licence renewal is around the corner already, every agreement can be easily breached at will.

Speaking of money, how much exactly did it cost GEJ to buy Thiefubu to ditch Buhari and Ribadu to deliver the SW votes to GEJ, and how much do you think it will cost GEJ to buy him again come 2015 to abandon his northern masters? Tsk tsk.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by pazienza(m): 4:30am On Dec 15, 2013
naijaking1:

Are you Igbo

He is an Igbo from Ijebu-Igbo. *grins*

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by finaly01: 5:37am On Dec 15, 2013
berem: So giving state burials to Ojukwu and Achebe is now an achievement bestowed on Igbos? Oh lord save Ndi Igbo from their gullibilty and ignorance! Chai! embarassed embarassed
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by bloggernaija: 6:00am On Dec 15, 2013
pazienza:

You must be joking. It is well known fact who shared the spoils of the war between themselves after the fall of the east, and are now battling like hell to keep those spoils, when it is obvious they are going to fail. APC represents Yoruba- northern unholy alliance, it reminds me of Gowon/Awo alliance, only this time around, their failure is eminent.

You know Stella took some of your civil war spoils when he cut your numbers in the aviation industry, and you guys were out for newspaper war, that's just the beginning, wait till this victory sails through in 2015, you will wail more, . And for the north, the oil block licence renewal is around the corner already, every agreement can be easily breached at will.

Speaking of money, how much exactly did it cost GEJ to buy Thiefubu to ditch Buhari and Ribadu to deliver the SW votes to GEJ, and how much do you think it will cost GEJ to buy him again come 2015 to abandon his northern masters? Tsk tsk.

What spoil and what did they divide?

Ekweme
Nzeribe
Ebitu ukiwe
Ofanagoro
Okadigbo
Iweala
Soludo
Pius ayim
Nwodo
Ojukwu
Orji uzor kalu
Ike nwanchukwu
Authur eze
Emeka offor
Chukwumerije
Daniel kanu
And your other "food is ready ,come and chop leaders" were doing exactly what?

IT A CASE OF DADDY ,OUR LEADERS ATE OUR FUTURE
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by bloggernaija: 6:00am On Dec 15, 2013
pazienza:

Ekweme
Nzeribe
Ebitu ukiwe
Ofanagoro
Okadigbo
Iweala
Soludo
Pius ayim
Nwodo
Ojukwu
Orji uzor kalu
Ike nwanchukwu
Authur eze
Emeka offor
Chukwumerije
Daniel kanu

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by MeAboki(m): 10:23am On Dec 15, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^While the rest of your post may hold true, the bolded of 'no victor no vanquished' and '3Rs' were just empty platitudes.....full of nothing but hot air!

What reconstruction, reconciliation or rehabilitation was done for Ndigbo and in Alaigbo after the civil war?; a period when there was too much money that the Gowon administration didn't know what to do with it......besides building up Lagos and other major cities in the north that is! Fuc/kall was done in Igboland!

They built a massive military industrial complex in Kaduna; built Ajaokuta steel company; built a refinery in Kaduna (tapping crude through pipes laid over hundreds of miles from the niger delta up to the north, at a huge expense); spent billions of dollars building dams and irrigation schemes all over the north, while they left the south east to battle their own environmental challenge of erosion (until the coming of GEJ that is); built flyovers and bridges all over Lagos; built or maintained int'l airports in Lagos and Kano (and later on Abuja) while Enugu -since the end of the uncivil war- only just had it's first int'l commercial flight a few months ago; sited nation building institutions all over the north and Lagos, with non in the south east; ignored the potential goldmines of Onitsha and Aba, while building and sustaining other cities like Lagos and Kano (if the river Niger had been dredged since the early 70s, and the Onitsha river port was given all necessary for it to succeed, by now Onitsha - and the south eastern economy in general- would be even more thriving and dynamic than is presently the case); and i could go on and on!

I've a little assignment for you. From the end of the civil war till date, list the number of Igbos that have occupied the following positions: head of state or president, chief justice of the federation, comptroller general of customs, MD or chairman of NPA, minister of petroleum, all the service chief positions, etc-etc-etc. When you've done this, also note the region/ethnicity that features most on your list.....it should then dawn on you that this country is a farce and one big scam!

I am sorry that your sentiment seems to becloud you from reality.

I guess in your mind the Biafran infrastructure and institutions were left quite intact during the war and therefore did not need reconstruction afterwards, therefore according to your logic no reconstruction ever took place.

As for failure for Igbos to attain political office, they should blame no one but themselves for being politically immature and naive by pursuing the wrong kind of politics of bigotry and hatred which can never take them anywhere.

Igbos do not know how to reach out and form bridges to make alliances or make compromises in order to get their own agendas through; its always their way or the highway, by hook or by crook - they lack the art of persuasion so everything is by force to them.

Look at Igbo politics of today; they put all their eggs in one basket in the form of their APGA party which has no regional let alone national coverage, yet they want to aspire to be president and if they fail (as they are bound to in this manner) they'll be the first to cry marginalisation.
Igbo lack of penetration to the offices you mentioned is certainly not due to lack of opportunity but lack of skill to get there and stay up there; there are certainly no institutionalised obstacles stopping any Igbo man or woman from aspiring to the highest office, Ojukwu a former war criminal was pardoned and allowed to freely contest, same also for Alex Ekweme; so whats stopping other Igbos from doing so, if not themselves and the culture of bigotry and contempt they have developed that is working against them.

As for the so called lack of development in Igboland, so you want the federal govt to do everything for you, pls go ask your governors what they have been doing with their share from the federation account.
You see thats the difference between them and most northern leaders (even though also corrupt) the latter still have some sense of duty to their ppl and would spend part of their allocations on projects for all to see; of course your leaders would never accept these shortcomings and would rather deflect any blame from themselves to northerners for allegedly stealing money from the south - and what else could be suitable cover for their tracks than this fable, especially if they already have a sea of gullible minds filled with hateful propaganda and ready to hate even more on their perceived northern enemies.

It is really a pity that even though Igbos are generally intelligent (not to mention criminally brilliant) they are, however, proving to be politically very stewpid; unfortunately their current blind support (based on emotion) without question for the ongoing ineptitude and unprecedented level of wanton corruption with impunity at Aso Rock is also giving credence to the premise that given the opportunity, Igbos would even do far worse than Odechukwu and are therefore not worthy of trust with the country's future (should we still remain one).

2 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by citizenY(m): 10:34am On Dec 15, 2013
lakhadimar: my thought exactly. The total number of voters in the concluded anambra election was less than 500,000. And i think anambra state is the most populated in the southeast, so let us assume the the entire electorates in southeast votes for Gej, the number of votes he would get from there might not be up to two million

I expect our beloved INEC to have a change of heart and scrutinise the figures across the board. The same scenario exists in the whole SS and SE. All claims of massive votes are tall tales.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by pazienza(m): 12:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
bloggernaija:

Ekweme
Nzeribe
Ebitu ukiwe
Ofanagoro
Okadigbo
Iweala
Soludo
Pius ayim
Nwodo
Ojukwu
Orji uzor kalu
Ike nwanchukwu
Authur eze
Emeka offor
Chukwumerije
Daniel kanu

Those are Igbo elites that were eating the crumbs thrown at them by the gang up, it's always a normal occurrence when a region is out of power for long, just as GEJ threw some crumbs to Thiefubu and his ACN touts the last time around, it doesn't make the Yorubas part of GEJ revolution, it just means that they are hungry enough to dine with a perceived enemy, GEJ threw some crumbs to northern elites the last time around, i am sure you saw the nothern populace burning down the palace of some of those elites in the aftermath of Buhari loss.

Chill, come 2015 GEJ will throw some more crumbs to thiefubu and his Yoruba gang, we will see how he will react to that.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Balkan(m): 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
berem: So giving state burials to Ojukwu and Achebe is now an achievement bestowed on Igbos? Oh lord save Ndi Igbo from their gullibilty and ignorance! Chai! embarassed embarassed
I think you jump into every thread without reasoning. I don't know how to classify you. Don't let me look into your matter. sense before slogan.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by citizenY(m): 7:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
POPE II: I only have Faith in God and the Catholic church, besides the presidency is not a do or die affair.

Sure? When last did you go for confession?
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by revolt(m): 10:46am On Dec 16, 2013
pazienza:

Another four years of GEJ will enable us break the wings of the Yoruba/hausa- fulani gang up, it will buy us necessary time to put things in order, the more those two unholy bed fellows stay out of central power, the less powerful they become, and the more the GEJ dismantle the systems they laid post 1970 that gave them undue advantage, GEJ second term will provide equality for all groups.

GEJ second tenure is going to be suicidal for the gang up, they know that, that's why they are now desperate, it's going to be their political end if GEJ returns second tenure.
I couldn't hve said it better. we need more time to break that northern Yoruba hegemony, they'll slowly phase out and we can't have another aboki usurping this glorious paradigm shift.
meritocracy must prevail. why are they scared of this progressive phenomenon.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by ba7man(m): 11:51am On Dec 16, 2013
revolt: I couldn't hve said it better. we need more time to break that northern Yoruba hegemony, they'll slowly phase out and we can't have another aboki usurping this glorious paradigm shift.
meritocracy must prevail. why are they scared of this progressive phenomenon.
See these ones here talking about breaking one Northern/Yoruba hegemony.

Have you seen the projects going on in Eko Atlantic?? The elevated railway?? The expanded Badagry Express?? The infrastructural works in Ogun and, Osun State?? Even Oyo state isn't left behind. Projects going on in Kano and Abuja?? The Rainbow Town in Port-Harcourt?? The roads, Airport and Stadium Akpabio is building in Akwa-Ibom??

You guys better wake up and hold your regional leaders accountable and stop chasing tails.

Before you realize it, Nigeria would have left the S.E behind while you're waiting on the FG to deliver the 2nd Niger Bridge. The joke's still on you guys......
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 16, 2013
Me_Aboki:

I am sorry that your sentiment seems to becloud you from reality.

I guess in your mind the Biafran infrastructure and institutions were left quite intact during the war and therefore did not need reconstruction afterwards, therefore according to your logic no reconstruction ever took place.

As for failure for Igbos to attain political office, they should blame no one but themselves for being politically immature and naive by pursuing the wrong kind of politics of bigotry and hatred which can never take them anywhere.

Igbos do not know how to reach out and form bridges to make alliances or make compromises in order to get their own agendas through; its always their way or the highway, by hook or by crook - they lack the art of persuasion so everything is by force to them.

Look at Igbo politics of today; they put all their eggs in one basket in the form of their APGA party which has no regional let alone national coverage, yet they want to aspire to be president and if they fail (as they are bound to in this manner) they'll be the first to cry marginalisation.
Igbo lack of penetration to the offices you mentioned is certainly not due to lack of opportunity but lack of skill to get there and stay up there; there are certainly no institutionalised obstacles stopping any Igbo man or woman from aspiring to the highest office, Ojukwu a former war criminal was pardoned and allowed to freely contest, same also for Alex Ekweme; so whats stopping other Igbos from doing so, if not themselves and the culture of bigotry and contempt they have developed that is working against them.

As for the so called lack of development in Igboland, so you want the federal govt to do everything for you, pls go ask your governors what they have been doing with their share from the federation account.
You see thats the difference between them and most northern leaders (even though also corrupt) the latter still have some sense of duty to their ppl and would spend part of their allocations on projects for all to see; of course your leaders would never accept these shortcomings and would rather deflect any blame from themselves to northerners for allegedly stealing money from the south - and what else could be suitable cover for their tracks than this fable, especially if they already have a sea of gullible minds filled with hateful propaganda and ready to hate even more on their perceived northern enemies.

It is really a pity that even though Igbos are generally intelligent (not to mention criminally brilliant) they are, however, proving to be politically very stewpid; unfortunately their current blind support (based on emotion) without question for the ongoing ineptitude and unprecedented level of wanton corruption with impunity at Aso Rock is also giving credence to the premise that given the opportunity, Igbos would even do far worse than Odechukwu and are therefore not worthy of trust with the country's future (should we still remain one).

Brilliant...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breaking: See The War Helicopter That Will Cleanse Niger Delta Of Miscreants / Historical Similarities Between Yoruba And Benin, How Ife Beget Benin / Picture Of China Train Station, Lesson For Nigeria Goverment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.