Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,870 members, 7,876,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:28 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: (5372 Views)

LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by snoopy(m): 10:28am On Dec 21, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2013
[quote author=snoopy]

I must point out that anything I say here is without bias but with recourse to how I understand the dynamics of the competition...if you read the rules, it was clearly stated that materials used should be properly referenced. That alone puts a seal on whatever decision the judges make.[/Quote] it seems you guys did not even read my previous posts, assuming i wrote all my essay from my head, do u think it will be fair if marks are deducted from me for lack of reference? Pleas go back and read our complaints from the beginning. Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 21, 2013
well i can see snoopy is beginning to modify his posts, i believe he is now understanding me.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by boay(m): 10:46am On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1: hmmmm forget, if you did not understand my point in my previous posts, i doubt if any other comment will make it more pellucid..lets just act like none of this happened....merry xmass;d

@ bolded

If we didnt settle this, it will later be a catalyst for another problem, Just like a previous one did to this debate
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by king94(m): 10:46am On Dec 21, 2013
snoopy: @eliotwiz and getrichfast actually references are important. Firstly this is a competition and you need to provide verifiable sources of ur information to determine the veracity of used facts. Secondly, anybody could just google up stuff and overlift any material with little or no individual effort and therefore references are needed to acknowledge whose material was used else it would amount to plagiarism. The same way final year students and even up to phd students who write their thesis and dissertations are required to properly reference any material that was used and doing otherwise could attract a penalty. Besides prior to your debate, there had been cases where marks were deducted from those who didn't properly reference their materials and it makes me wonder how y'all could have repeated the same mistake. I hope u understand my point
If references are so important, how come marks were not deducted from my essay for FUTA in d first round?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 21, 2013
The fact that i am still pushing for this, even though we won should have made you guys understand me better.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2013
boay:

@ bolded

If we didnt settle this, it will later be a catalyst for another problem, Just like a previous one did to this debate
i said that because i didn't want you to say i am taking this as a do or die affair, because if u did i would have gotten really angry, i sensed that someone would soon make such comment.............you can see that snoopy is beginning to modify his posts, i believe he has seen the sense in what I've been saying so far.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2013
hmmn, what did I have to say, all went and gone.....but i would like to say a few things.....there's still hope for the hopeless.....
So, to the great NDU debaters, you guys are great. you did a wonderful job and fired us effectively.....you guys are great, so i doff my cap 4 u guys......nd u guys don't need to blame the judges 4 anything, the main thing is that u won and u qualified.
To all the judges thank u very much 4 a job well done. and also to the co-ordinators thank u, u guys made me knw my weakness and my strength. words can't be use to classify what u guys have done.
Thank God for the grace he has given our team to participate in this wondaful program....thank u very much nairaland 4 this grt opportunity.
thank u oga damitism 4 ur words of wisdom. there's no doubt that God has a purpose 4 evrytin under the sun.
thank u very much evrybody, 4rm the co-ordinators, debaters, judges and to the audience.
thanks God Bless Us All.
We wld be watching u guys 4rm the sideline. thanks....cheers.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by snoopy(m): 11:03am On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1: well i can see snoopy is beginning to modify his posts, i believe he is now understanding me.

Nah I didn't modify, those were double posts...I understand ur argument but thing is you have every right to complain if you feel cheated, I just thought I should explain things so u could see it from anoda angle. Once again congrats sir
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 21, 2013
aysuccess99: hmmn, what did I have to say, all went and gone.....but i would like to say a few things.....there's still hope for the hopeless.....
So, to the great NDU debaters, you guys are great. you did a wonderful job and fired us effectively.....you guys are great, so i doff my cap 4 u guys......nd u guys don't need to blame the judges 4 anything, the main thing is that u won and u qualified.
lol you've said it all, My boss..... grin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by boay(m): 11:17am On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1: i said that because i didn't want you to say i am taking this as a do or die affair, because if u did i would have gotten really angry, i sensed that someone would soon make such comment.............you can see that snoopy is beginning to modify his posts, i believe he has seen the sense in what I've been saying so far.
snoopy:

Nah I didn't modify, those were double posts...I understand ur argument but thing is you have every right to complain if you feel cheated, I just thought I should explain things so u could see it from anoda angle. Once again congrats sir
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by boay(m): 11:24am On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1: oh no! They didn't.... A reference must be a LINK not a word, it must take u to that point were that information must be verified, what they did was post a sentence.... E.g Reference:vanguard is this a reference? Look at their second speaker.... I am most disappointed in boay, fynestboi and deschyko.... These are people that i thought can stand up for right even if it affects them negatively, btw was the second judge present yesterday? Why was his ranking accepted when he did not participate?
Thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by DesChyko1(m): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
The criticisms of the essays have been posted on a space in 'page 4' of this thread, which I reserved. Sorry for not posting it earlier..was occupied.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
The criticisms of the essays have been posted on a space in 'page 4' of this thread, which I reserved. Sorry for not posting it earlier..was occupied.
are you the judge? If you are, please lets have a quiet question and answer chat on your decisions and what you think about what i think.....1- did the second speaker of UI post a reference?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by DesChyko1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1: are you the judge? If you are, please lets have a quiet question and answer chat on your decisions and what you think about what i think.....1- did the second speaker of UI post a reference?

You see, that 'judge' title kind of ended with that criticism and the alert which you quoted o.. Truthfully, and factually, I don't remember being that 'judge' anymore. I'm simply being me right now, God is my witness.
I'll give my opinion at your request, if you will.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
ok Mr. Lets chat like you're not the judge, still works for me.... Please answer with a yes or no except stated otherwise.... 1_ Did the second speaker of UI post a reference?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Omolola1(f): 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
TEAM NDU

I must commend your team work. The absence of conflicts in the arguments of both participants is a joy to behold. Keep it up. However, the lack of clear-cut evidence in both works, as well as references to corroborate the given information weighed down on your presentation. You must appreciate the importance of such.

Elliotwiz1 I must say I'm impressed by the experts' view of your arguments. You garnered enough points to quell any professional differences. But then your essay had no topic (subject matter) and there were cheap mistakes here and there, which would have been avoided with proper proofreading. Also, you must not give your opponents 'leads', like mentioning 'challenges' without nullifying them directly. Your performance at the rebuttals was enviable.

Getrichfast presented the best topic alignment overall, but placing it behind your start almost ruined it. Also, you didn't state your stance in the body of the essay and didn't address the judges' call for clarification. However, your knowledge of the topic is commendable. More impressing however, is the presentation of the 'non-CBN' point of view of your arguments. Good job to familiarize commoners with the relevance. Remarkable improvement from your last time out by the way.

TEAM UNIBEN

Your topics were really poorly made up. You must realize the importance of the subject matter to your plight and the audience comprehension of your viewpoint. But then, the simplistic approach of your team to the topic aided the flow of your arguments. Welldone.

Aysuccess99 did greatly by familiarizing the controversial issue with the audience. Your arguments (especially the procedural list) appealed to the human emotions matter-of-factly. But the, there were cheap errors here and there, one which could have been avoided via proper 'proofreading. And by the way, I'm a 'male' human.

Olalerey's 'early arrival' was greatly appreciated by the audience, I believe. The conclusion and introductory explanation of your work begs for attention. It was roughly done. However straightforward your points were, the presence of repeated errors and your absence at rebuttals were not appreciable. You'll have to give more. More grease.

In general, both sides knew their roles as 'chief' and 'supporting' speakers. I wish to see both teams go far and work together as a team more often. To present something this excellent must have taken a lot from you. One thing we must hold on to, is that we can only come out better than we were, regardless.

And the co-ordinators idea(s) to post the works themselves is a brilliant one. Thumbs up!

Deschyko, did you copy mine grin

I see no need to post mine to avoid unneccesary repitition, deschyko has said it all.

I wasn't able to ask questions because I had a terrible network all through yesterday. When it became stable, the debate had already ended and so I read through the debates and rebuttals and GRADED accordingly.
Let it be known that I DID NOT deduct any marks..I scored both sides based on their arguments and rebuttals. ., the organizers did that because of the reference that wasn't included.

Personally, I'm not in support of deducting marks from NDU based on the reference, because if you ask me, UI is guilty of the same offence. Their work wasn't properly referenced, there was no link in almost all their reference, it was just typed out. Tell me, how am I supposed to go through the reference without any link on an online debate? There shouldn't have been any deduction and if there was going to be any deduction, it should have been done for both teams. Just my opinion.

For the records once again, I did not deduct any mark.
Congrats to Team UI
Congrats to Team NDU
You guys did great.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by DesChyko1(m): 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1.. Those essays are too damn long. Went through all yesterday, you wanna send me through 'em again?? Haba.. I was half-expecting you to gimme an address for the after-party. You just qualified..That's what the debate sums up, right?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
Omolola1:

Deschyko, did you copy mine grin

I see no need to post mine to avoid unneccesary repitition, deschyko has said it all.

I wasn't able to ask questions because I had a terrible network all through yesterday. When it became stable, the debate had already ended and so I read through the debates and rebuttals and GRADED accordingly.
Let it be known that I DID NOT deduct any marks..I scored both sides based on their arguments and rebuttals. ., the organizers did that
welldone, at least there s someone who understands my point, your hands are clean, this means boay and fynestboi hmm hmmmm hmmm
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Elliotwiz1.. Those essays are too damn long. Went through all yesterday, you wanna send me through 'em again?? Haba.. I was half-expecting you to gimme an address for the after-party. You just qualified..That's what the debate sums up, right?
lwkmd how does the length of the essay affec my question, ok here s a hint scroll down to the bottom of the essay of olayere and see wat he posted as the reference then read the post above this ur comment to understand what i am saying. smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by DesChyko1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz.. I will on one condition.. That you tell me where the after-party is happening..and keep me a bo'le of Mc Dowells.. Deal?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Elliotwiz.. I will on one condition.. That you tell me where the after-party is happening..and keep me a bo'le of Mc Dowells.. Deal?
lmao.... I will, i live in the photosphere of the sun, and you'll get two bowls....oya answer the question.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Fynestboi: 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1: welldone, at least there s someone who understands my point, your hands are clean, this means boay and fynestboi hmm hmmmm hmmm
lol my hand are also clean i only did whats right, atleast if its gonna be one reference you should have include that. Well thats gone.... Let it slide.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Fynestboi: 2:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
I think where my fault is, is the part of me nt taking note of Olalerey reference, i jumped into conclusion simply because i cant find any reference link to Ndu argument even if its just the name we can still overlook that, NDU let forget about this such wnt occur anymore.....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
Fine, apology accepted, oya return our points when una thief. grin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Fynestboi: 2:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1: Fine, apology accepted, oat return our points when una thief. grin
lol you guys won what else do you want? Ok am recording 75points (excellent)for NDU what else do you want? undecided
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by boay(m): 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1:

This is the mistake some debaters always make.; they are so impatient.

The chief coordinator deemed it fit to deduct 12 marks for total absence of references. He gave the reason for this. I only presented the decision, but you started raining insuilts and tagged me a bias man.

Nevertheless, I will still repeated this. No matter how insulting words may appear, they cant drag me out of my gentility.

Atlast, the deducted mark has been reduced to 6 instead of 12.

Total omission of references will always be worse compare to poor references.

I believe you now know the importance of references in academic circles.

I can say it plainly without any form of reservation that, I have never been bias to anyone here. The fear of God resides in me. Thanks you.
Elliotwiz1: welldone, at least there s someone who understands my point, your hands are clean, this means boay and fynestboi hmm hmmmm hmmm
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
i said you are bias true, and that's not an insult, all this while i didn't even know you were the one who did it! If you go through all my posts you would observe that i was directing them at the judges not you..... You refused to see the sense in the nonsense I've been saying, even till now you are still saying you are right. Even after one of the judges have openly condemned what you did, you still say you re right, fine...i understand, once we start to believe something we become blind to the arguments against it and see all the arguments for it, but in this case, my facts are even stronger.... In the first round nothing like that happened why now , so many questions and comments that i made, but an insult is something i did not involve please i request that u post the comments containing insults and I'll apologise.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by boay(m): 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1: i said you are bias true, and that's not an insult, all this while i didn't even know you were the one who did it! If you go through all my posts you would observe that i was directing them at the judges not you..... You refused to see the sense in the nonsense I've been saying, even till now you are still saying you are right. Even after one of the judges have openly condemned what you did, you still say you re right, fine...i understand, once we start to believe something we become blind to the arguments against it and see all the arguments for it, but in this case, my facts are even stronger.... In the first round nothing like that happened why now , so many questions and comments that i made, but an insult is something i did not involve please i request that u post the comments containing insults and I'll apologise.

The chief coordinators has clarified the matter. So how does that involve me and tagging me a bias man?
Fynestboi: I think where my fault is, is the part of me nt taking note of Olalerey reference, i jumped into conclusion simply because i cant find any reference link to Ndu argument even if its just the name we can still overlook that, NDU let forget about this such wnt occur anymore.....
Elliotwiz1: i said you are bias true, and that's not an insult, all this while i didn't even know you were the one who did it! If you go through all my posts you would observe that i was directing them at the judges not you..... You refused to see the sense in the nonsense I've been saying, even till now you are still saying you are right. Even after one of the judges have openly condemned what you did, you still say you re right, fine...i understand, once we start to believe something we become blind to the arguments against it and see all the arguments for it, but in this case, my facts are even stronger.... In the first round nothing like that happened why now , so many questions and comments that i made, but an insult is something i did not involve please i request that u post the comments containing insults and I'll apologise.

The chief coordinators has clarified the matter. So how does that involve me and tagging me a bias man?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by Damitism: 6:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
Fynestboi: what are saying? And do you want to tell me you dont knw its wrong for an essay not to be reference?undecided
Nope! Not that I mean. I think they were sounding like me. You remember that?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:::NDU::: by getrichfast: 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
Lolz.....reading all this gat me laughing hard.... Anyways, im not d talking type(but i can talk sha), so...il let this pass, lets just say you used that loophole against us....a mistake on our path. I accept n respect your decision, corrections have been taken. Elliotwiz...jst let it go, afterall, tiz just for fun and education..... [N/B...that doesnt mean we ar going back to 69 o, itz still 75].... Shout out to everyone...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SSANU, NAAT, NASU Chapter Of Lautech Threatens Industrial Action / Hire A Professional Writer For Your Academic Project / 11 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria [2017 Method]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.