Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,737 members, 7,875,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:14 PM

FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? (8847 Views)

Champions league and Europa league, which is more difficult? / World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is More Important? / Which One Is Better? The World Cup Or The Euros (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by naijanoni(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2013
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by Jiggaman101: 8:26am On Dec 22, 2013
naija noni:
Luck took u out of that group.
Penalties and sending off of opponents players is what helped ghana.
Serbia,u couldnt score until a serbian player was sent-off and ghana was awarded a penalty.
Austrailia,you would have lost(1-0) if an austrailian player wasnt sent off and u weren't awarded a penalty.
Austrailia were clearly a better team than ghana in that group.
They out-played ghana.If not for that penalty and them reduced to 10 men,they would have won.
Austrailia and ghana were even tied with 4 points.Ghana only slightly qualified by goal-difference.
Imagine ghana didnt score any goal from open play in d group stage.If its not luck that got u out of d group-stage,then what is it ?

Nigerians will never give credit to Ghanaians. In 2006 we scored plenty of goals yet y'all said we were in a weak group. We beat one of the tournament, who was rank the number 2 in the world. Y'all won Africa cup which was clearly luck but y'all have been raving like it was through your talent. When we say it was luck then y'all are ready to bite people's head off.

Nigeria had a weak group but could only get a point in group play. Give credit and stop being a hater.
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by safarigirl(f): 9:16am On Dec 22, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Nigerians will never give credit to Ghanaians. In 2006 we scored plenty of goals yet y'all said we were in a weak group. We beat one of the tournament, who was rank the number 2 in the world. Y'all won Africa cup which was clearly luck but y'all have been raving like it was through your talent. When we say it was luck then y'all are ready to bite people's head off.

Nigeria had a weak group but could only get a point in group play. Give credit and stop being a hater.
how can you say winning AFCON was luck? That's the highest bull you can spew. ALL our KO stage matches were won in regulation time, WITHOUT penalties. I know you guys are still pained by that fact, Nigeria won AFCON in the 21st century, while you guys are still living in the 70's when there was no internet, live with it. We're going into the WC as African Champions, Ghana has never had that title when going to the WC. We know it sucks when you're always the after-thought to someone you think you're better than, take heart. One day, before you die, Ghana will win AFCON, we know your generation never saw Ghana win anything of value
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by Jiggaman101: 9:25am On Dec 22, 2013
safarigirl: how can you say winning AFCON was luck? That's the highest bull you can spew. ALL our KO stage matches were won in regulation time, WITHOUT penalties. I know you guys are still pained by that fact, Nigeria won AFCON in the 21st century, while you guys are still living in the 70's when there was no internet, live with it. We're going into the WC as African Champions, Ghana has never had that title when going to the WC. We know it sucks when you're always the after-thought to someone you think you're better than, take heart. One day, before you die, Ghana will win AFCON, we know your generation never saw Ghana win anything of value

Spare me the bull, y'all like to claim other people achievement as luck where y'all were lucky to get out of group stage. The ref gave y'all two penalties in the 80th minute to beat Ethiopia. Talk about luck. If we play that tournament ten times Nigeria would not get out of the group stage once let alone win it. Penalty saved and penalty send y'all to the World Cup.
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by safarigirl(f): 10:04am On Dec 22, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Spare me the bull, y'all like to claim other people achievement as luck where y'all were lucky to get out of group stage. The ref gave y'all two penalties in the 80th minute to beat Ethiopia. Talk about luck. If we play that tournament ten times Nigeria would not get out of the group stage once let alone win it. Penalty saved and penalty send y'all to the World Cup.

penalty sent us to the WC? Lol, have you forgotten Nsofor's free-kick? That one is inconsequential, like I said, don't drag us back, I know you're pained that Nigeria won AFCON, don't let envy kill you abeg.
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by naijanoni(m): 10:07am On Dec 22, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Lol.Tell me how we won afcon by luck huh ??.
The most comfortably won afcon in recent years.No heart-attacks.
We dominated and destroyed opponents cleanly without stress.
It was only one match that stressed us.
That was d match against ethiopia.
All other games were smooth for d eagles.
Only egypt i can say in dis 21st century has won the afcon like we did.Cleanly,we didnt have to take games to extra-time/penalty shoot-outs to win our knock-out stage matches/finals.
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by naijanoni(m): 10:16am On Dec 22, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Nigerians will never give credit to Ghanaians. In 2006 we scored plenty of goals yet y'all said we were in a weak group. We beat one of the tournament, who was
2006,ghana qualified 4rm the group-stage smoothly.You scored goals 4rm open play and won matches(Czech and U.S.A) convincingly.You didnt need penalties or sending-off of opponents players to win matches.That wasnt luck.
But i'm talking 'bout 2010 here.That was clearly luck.
That you couldn't score a single goal 4rm open play in d group-stage justifies it.
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by omar22(m): 10:36am On Dec 22, 2013
I don't know how we went from Champion league vs world cup to Ghana and nigeria and world cup?
Ghana did play well in the last 2 World cups. Yes I love to make jokes but in reality Ghana has been holding
The African flag in recent years
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by safarigirl(f): 11:00am On Dec 22, 2013
omar22: I don't know how we went from Champion league vs world cup to Ghana and nigeria and world cup?
Ghana did play well in the last 2 World cups. Yes I love to make jokes but in reality Ghana has been holding
The African flag in recent years
thank you, but that flag is now tattered. If Ghanaians want to belittle AFCON because they are unable to win it, we might as well fuq with their minds. Ghana thank you for holding the flag, too bad you still couldn't break any record, una don try, let some other capable hand try holding that flag. Oh, and thread diverted when the Ghanaians made a mountain out of a mole-hill, is it our fault that Gyan missed a penalty?
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by striker9(m): 11:19am On Dec 22, 2013
Ghana and Naija,na wa o.
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by naijanoni(m): 11:20am On Dec 22, 2013
The argument was strictly about champions league and world cup until this FROM A GHANAIAN :-
Obrafour: Out of curiosity, which team were you supporting?
Then safari girl rightly answered in her opinion(as requested by obrafour) :-

safarigirl: I began watching late into the 2nd half and if you must know, I put my money on Uruguay to win mostly because I figured luck can only take you so far, yours expired against Uruguay

Of course the ghanaians disagreed with her .

Jigga_man101:

Ghana was the better team in that game. There was nothing lucky about that Ghana team.
Then we disagreed with him.
And so the arguments diverted 4rm champions league vs world cup to ghana vs nigeria.

The ghana/nigeria arguments didnt start 4rm nigeria.A ghanaian started the diversion.
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by Jiggaman101: 11:21am On Dec 22, 2013
safarigirl: thank you, but that flag is now tattered. If Ghanaians want to belittle AFCON because they are unable to win it, we might as well fuq with their minds. Ghana thank you for holding the flag, too bad you still couldn't break any record, una don try, let some other capable hand try holding that flag. Oh, and thread diverted when the Ghanaians made a mountain out of a mole-hill, is it our fault that Gyan missed a penalty?

No, is when you try to belittle others accomplishment but you want others to acknowledge Nigeria wining afcon. Respect me and I will respect you. You said we were lucky because we had penalties yet it is part of the game and the same penalty helped Nigeria win the afcon and their trip to World Cup, not mad because it so part of the game. Peace safari
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by Jiggaman101: 11:23am On Dec 22, 2013
naija noni: The argument was strictly about champions league and world cup until this FROM A GHANAIAN :-

Then safari girl rightly answered in her opinion :-

Of course the ghanaians disagreed with her and so the arguments diverted 4rm champions league vs world cup to ghana vs nigeria.

I then listed the countries Ghana played against and asked her which one she believe was better than Ghana. You brought the luck and whatnot
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by naijanoni(m): 11:35am On Dec 22, 2013
Jigga_man101:

I then listed the countries Ghana played against and asked her which one she believe was better than Ghana. You brought the luck and whatnot
Man its my opinion that ghana used luck to get out of d group-stage.Thats what i personally believe.I only gave my opinion,safari girl too gave hers.
Nigerians and ghanaians would never agree about anything.
But dis arguments wouldn't have started if a ghanaian hadn't changed d topic.
If your compatroit(obrafour) had just given his opinion and focused on d topic(instead of asking an irrelevant question),then dis ghana/nigeria arguments wouldn't come up.
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by striker9(m): 12:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ok,y'all can stop the argument now.
Re: FIFA World Cup Or UEFA Champions League: Which Is Bigger and Better? by omar22(m): 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
Why dont you lot get a hotel room, since you are at each others neck

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja Booking For Today / Wrestlemania XXVIII: John Cena Vs The Rock (rock Won) / Saudi Arabia To Host 2020 Spanish Super Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.