Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,678 members, 7,921,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:29 AM

I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari (22136 Views)

Don’t Let Jonathan Deceive You Again – Buhari / Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government / New Plan To Postpone Elections Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 21, 2013
SUGURU: Tell GEJ to come clean. You are not helping him if you want him to continue with this current performance.
gbam! abeg tell them!
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by dikarious(m): 8:59am On Dec 21, 2013
OsunOriginal: Stop comparing Buhari's personal comment with GEJ's signed agreement with other players. Buhari's comment was his personal opinion after the disappointment that greeted the 2011 election and merger arrangement. He didn't sign any agreement with anybody that he would not contest against.

A personal opinion can be changed by a superior argument - this is what happened. Patriotic Nigerians are the ones asking Buhari to change his mind and since his involvement in politics is for the people, why will he say no to their wish?

Gej had an agreement with his co-travellers in PDP but he doesn't want to honour the agreement. This shows he lacks integrity and he is unreliable to have breached an agreement.

We need Buhari - Buhari must contest again.

and lose again..
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by chiefbatiatus(m): 8:59am On Dec 21, 2013
OsunOriginal: Stop comparing Buhari's personal comment with GEJ's signed agreement with other players. Buhari's comment was his personal opinion after the disappointment that greeted the 2011 election and merger arrangement. He didn't sign any agreement with anybody that he would not contest against.

A personal opinion can be changed by a superior argument - this is what happened. Patriotic Nigerians are the ones asking Buhari to change his mind and since his involvement in politics is for the people, why will he say no to their wish?

Gej had an agreement with his co-travellers in PDP but he doesn't want to honour the agreement. This shows he lacks integrity and he is unreliable to have breached an agreement.

We need Buhari - Buhari must contest again.

Good bless u, BUT AM sure the yeye op that post this jargon is enjoying the ccurrent fresh air from retardeen
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by chiefbatiatus(m): 9:02am On Dec 21, 2013
c0llynz02: So what you are saying in essence is that APC should field a man who has completely lost touch with the present world just to please the northerners?

Since u luv some1 that is in touch with the current world why are u complaining abt jonathan? Is his corrupt administration not 'in touch' with the current hopeless reality?
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 10:31am On Dec 21, 2013
chief batiatus:

Good bless u, BUT AM sure the yeye op that post this jargon is enjoying the ccurrent fresh air from retardeen

Is this the way Ɣ☺u talk to your parents at home?
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by igbeke: 11:05am On Dec 21, 2013
jamace: Don't mind the cry-cry GENERAL.
he hasn't said he wants to contest come 2015. or has APC declared him as its bearer ni?
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by MidasT(m): 11:11am On Dec 21, 2013
No matter the assurances, encouragements and treaties; u cannot stop a scorpion from stinging or a snake from bitting. Since He said "only death can stop him", SO BE IT! And if death does not succeed, then Nigerians WILL!
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by omenka(m): 11:31am On Dec 21, 2013
.:

The same Buhari has this to say:
2015: Only death'll stop me from contesting -
BUHARI -
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2015-only-
deathll-stop-me-from-contesting-buhari/
I will run in 2015 - Buhari
http://www.nigeriancompass.com/index.php?
option=com_content&view=article&id=8559:buhari-
i-will-run-in-2015&catid=54:nigeria-
today&Itemid=594
Buhari: Contesting in 2015 is an obligation - Daily
Trust
http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/2947-
buhari-contesting-in-2015-is-an-obligation

The above is my main grouse with this thread.

How could the mods so easily fall for this cheap blackmail again (the "it will never make fp" thingy), posting a thread replete with fallacious info onto the fp, without necesarilly going through the "proofs" (links) as provided by the Op, to assertain the veracity or otherwise of his claim?

I went through the links to see if there is any point where the general was QUOTED saying the things the op is claiming he said (as shown in the portion of the post I quoted above). Infact, the account of one of the links provided is SUSPENDED and one can't get a reading from there!!! The op said Buhari says only death would stop him from contesting when infact what the general said was only death would stop him from active politics. There is a world of difference between those two statements!

This is but a desperate attempt to malign the image of the general. But we know what we know. No amount of mud slinging and propaganda can change the facts.

If one says his "body language" says he's interested in running, that I would understand (even though he isn't showing any such signs anymore), but saying he categorically said "I will contest" is taking a lie too far!

God bless the General
God bless FRN.
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by omenka(m): 11:43am On Dec 21, 2013
Shine It:
He's gradually destroying what he spent years building. Very soon only APC supporters would be using nairaland forum.

You people should stop visiting already. What are you guys waiting for It is an APC forum, go find that of PDP and stop boring us with all these your senseless whining.

So disgusting.
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by heykims(m): 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
dan jalingo: Trust Buhari at your peril. from his antecedence as the head of state - how he murdered 3 young men, how he imprisoned the VP and let the president stay at home, the 22 briefcases etc. honestly, he is not a very honest man.
VERY honest men re scarce, him being just an honest man will surfice.
BUHARI ALL D WAY
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by TechWalker007: 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
emk4lif: If APC fields a Fashola, Ribadu Or A Tambuwal, I'll be inclined as always to vote em but if they dare field Buhari, I would personally campaign for GEJ......no matter what his fanatical supporters say, Buhari's a bigot and he has proven this time and time again with his statements, he always claims he was misquoted or misrepresented yet he keeps making such slips,he remains a deeply divisive figure and as such is not fit to lead a complex country as ours moreso in a democracy, I w[b]onder why the APC can't field someone who's young,tested and competent like Fashola, even those sympathetic to GEJ will find it difficult to discredit him, #Fashola2015[/b]

Because it has never been about performance. The agenda of APC is to return power to the north. That's the only reason you see Northern governors decamp in to APC.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
TechWalker007:

Because it has never been about performance. The agenda of APC is to return power to the north. That's the only reason you see Northern governors decamp in to APC.

The same people APC is accusing of destroying the economy are
the people decamping to their party.As new members of APC these
Governors have become saints overnight.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by TechWalker007: 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
idumuose:
The same people APC is accusing of destroying the economy are
the people decamping to their party.As new members of APC these
Governors have become saints overnight.

To know that some of them are known incompetent PDP governors.
Is Nyako also a progressive? Really

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
TechWalker007:

To know that some of them are known incompetent PDP governors.
Is Nyako also a progressive? Really
He is the one of the worst performing governors in Nigeria.
But my problem is how did PDP manage to throw up this
guy as their governorship candidate in the first place?
Now this same guy has been handed over APC structure
in his state.
To me there is no ideological difference between APC and
PDP.Change of name is not change of character.
I am yet to see an alternative to PDP.These politians are the
same bro

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by GentleFrank(m): 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
Good !
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
GentleFrank: Good !
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
Dhurmynick:

Man.. Not personal
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 11:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Help!
I m out of APC!
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by PassingShot(m): 5:46am On Dec 22, 2013
anonimi:

Oga wey nor be idiot, so GEJ was not expressing his personal feelings in the old quote
And Buhari will vote for himself alone and rig the elections without anyone else voting for him, hence he "was not to gain anything from his one-man party CPC nor the public" shocked angry
Are you working in the Standards Organisation of NIgeria, SON this one wey you sabi wetin dey equal or not in "weight and measure"

MUMUS in the house please raise up your hands shocked

You're obviously not smart enough to differentiate between a promise made to obtain a favour and one made without expectation of anything.
Let me simplify for your so-so brain:
1. By the time GEJ said he would do only one term, a lot of interest groups were sceptical to support him fearing that he may be the president for another eight years plus the two he had already spent by then. So in order to get their support and votes, he promised to run for only a term if supported/elected.

2. When Buhari said his, he had lost an election and he was not saying it to get any support to win any election.

Broken further for your dumb head: If you're promised a treat for achieving a feat, you will surely expect the promise if and when you achieve that feat. That is conditional promise Olodo. The other one should be cleare now. Or do you still need further teaching?

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by Gboliwe: 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
One sure way of APC failing is fielding that vampire as presidential candidate. He will fail and fail and fail and fail. Never will he rule over us. Never!
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 7:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
dikarious: and lose again..
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 10:33am On Jul 04, 2014
Shine It: This should be frontpage, No?
Buhari should be reminded of what he said previously.
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by mekaboy(m): 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
We will hold him to his word. If he cant keep his word before presidency, how will he after he becomes president ?

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by Seun(m): 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2014
mekaboy:
We will hold him to his word. If he cant keep his word before presidency, how will he after he becomes president ?
All politicians tell lies all the time, so I won't hold it against him as a candidate. GEJ also said that he would only stay in power for one term.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 8:17am On Jan 15, 2015
Buhari speaking from both sides of his mouth.

I laugh in fulfulde
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by bashydemy(m): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
idumuose:
Buhari speaking from both sides of his mouth.

I laugh in fulfulde
Where are you when they said they Beg and persuade him to run for Presidency again.
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by johnie: 8:32am On Jan 15, 2015
Seun:
All politicians tell lies all the time, so I won't hold it against him as a candidate. GEJ also said that he would only stay in power for one term.

GBAM!
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by dumodust(m): 10:48am On Jan 18, 2015
See buhari breaking his promise... but some people will go about shouting that someone else promised he wouldnt contest a 2nd term
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by dumodust(m): 10:49am On Jan 18, 2015
Frontpage!!! Again... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ativie Steps Down For Justin Okonoboh As Edo Speaker / Ike Ekweremadu Visits Governor Umahi At His Home For Christmas. Photos / Buhari Constructed Road To Ex-president Jonathan’s Community – Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.