Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,886 members, 7,879,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:26 AM

'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju (1282 Views)

Bola Tinubu: The Pains Of A Godfather By Remi Oyeyemi / Chinwoke Mbadinuju, Dumps PDP For APC / I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by Itoroetti(m): 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Former Anambra state governor Chinwoke
Mbadinuju (1999 to 2003) tells Saturday
Punch:
Well, a godfather has many connotations.
You could have positive godfathers and
negative ones. The good ones work
towards making things work and succeed
but if you have a godfather that is always
challenging, he wants to make
appointments, if you have 10
commissioners, he would want to have
three or four. After you have given him
two commissioners, he will say he wants
Special Advisers, Special Assistants and
he will even want to choose their
portfolios but I said these things are not
done like that and they said it is done like
that, that is controversy.
There is a godfather who had an
arrangement with the military that he
would be paid N10m every month, I
wasn’t there when the agreement was
made. When I tried to stop it, I was
dragged to President Obasanjo’s office
and I told Obasanjo this is the situation I
found on ground and Obasanjo said I had
to go back and continue paying it; that it
was legal. At what stage did I renege?
They will always try to give a dog a bad
name in order to hang it. Obasanjo gave
them contracts worth billions of naira,
they were super rich, there was nothing I
could give to them.
You mean Obasanjo asked you to pay
this godfather; who is he?
Yes, Obasanjo asked me to pay. The
godfather is one of the Uba family.

lindaikeji..com/2013/12/i-was-forced-to-pay-godfather-n10m.html?m=1
Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by Itoroetti(m): 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
U can imagine obj encouraging this sort of recklessness during his tenure.
This same obj is the one having the guts to write an open letter to our beloved GEJ.
U can now see that darkness(obj) is always affraid of light(GEJ) in all ramification of life.
Obj is jealous that what he couldn't achieved in 8years,a young man from otueke has exceeded in a little over 2yrs.
God bless u GEJ for not succumbing to OBJ the evil genius antics.
Nigeria will continue to grow under u till u relieve power in 2019.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by Dreal1247: 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
Front page please. And Obasanjo is playing saint today because Gej is denying him all these economy crippling benefits.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
He is absolutely right, obj is a devil who interwine with corrupt, lawless folks. In a sane clime he should be cooling off in jail by now. Obj and fellow crook uba family paralysed anambra state from 1999- till 2007.
Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by Ngwakwe: 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
OBJ is trying to regain his lost glory by blackmailing GEJ and trying all his best to distabilise his regime.

OBJ may know why Boko haram remains undefeated.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by borntobegr8t(m): 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
Why didnt he say all this while,he was in power, all politicians are the same.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by phantom(m): 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2013
obj is the devil himself.granted. But please can anyone of you tell me what message he passed to GEJ that is NOT TRUE? Why is it so hard to dissociate the message from the messenger?
Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by kehinde1588(m): 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
Its now obvious Tinubu is a good God father..anyone can rant about him,bt he stil the best godfather who wants progress for everyone
Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by wirinet(m): 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
instead of Anambra indigenes to be grateful to Ngige for breaking the stranglehold of the Ubas on Anambra's treasury, they are captivating him for joining a Yoruba party.

I wish Ngige had continued paying N10 million monthly (in fact he should have upped it to N20 million ), I am sure he would have completed his two terms peacefully and handed over to Andy Uba to continue the looting.

1 Like

Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by Nuryn: 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
only fool will accept this, why not face d challenge by then and be an hero.
Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
dats even lower dan ma dream salary.. undecided undecided embarassed
Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by ImperialYoruba: 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
This ex governor is publicising his stupidity by admitting to the public he was an accessory to corruption. If he found Obasanjo's request unacceptable, what stopped him from resigning? That's what principled men do. He is unprincipled and a dummy at that for coming public, he did not expose Obasanjo because nothing in that revelation is news, beside informing public that Governor Mbadinuju robbed his state $10M a month. To use deridegull's term, what a ninny!

2 Likes

Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 21, 2013
why wait till now, why not spill the beans then.if true, obasanjo is one of the people that turned Nigeria to a cesspit.
obj should hide his face in shame.
Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by omenka(m): 4:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
Nuryn: only fool will accept this, why not face d challenge by then and be an hero.

Thank you my brother.
And by the way, he still appears to be the coward he was by not mentioning the name of the supposed "godfather".
And if we are to talk about character, it would be abominable for the name Mbadinuju and the word "good" to exist in thesame sentence.
We've not forgotten the case of the Igwe's where a man and his wife were slain because he dared to accuse the governor of embezling monies meant for the payment of salaries of civil servants.

All of you castigating Obj should take a brief trip down memory lane and tell us if Mbadinuju is anything close to being clean.
Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by MRWHINNIG: 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
Obj is the worst thing that ever happened to Nigeria.
Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by Obiagu1(m): 5:24pm On Dec 21, 2013
OBJ should be in jail!
Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by albiol: 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
What kind of a person will a devil handpick to succeed him
Re: 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju by jamace(m): 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
born_to_be_gr8t: Why didnt he say all this while,he was in power, all politicians are the same.
He couldn't have said it for fear for his life, recall what happened to Bola Ige, Pa Alfred Rewane and co.

He has said it now because we have a true democrat in charge of the destiny of Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

James Ibori & Others To Be Transferred From Uk Prison To Nigeria Prison / Lagos Cleric Set To Storm Boko Haram Hideouts To Rescue Chibok Girls / Will There Ever Be ONE AFRICA? Pros And Cons - 2014 Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.