Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,779 members, 7,921,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:25 PM

Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled (66197 Views)

Tuition Fees In Nigeria Private Universities / Top Five Most Expensive Private Schools In Nigeria / List Private Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2013
Tolexander: if you run your package wella for OAU as a non-science student, you no go spend pass 35k for the 4years. Minus the acceptance fee.

Can u now see reasons why u are sub-educated and half-baked-graduate? How can u spend 35k to complete 4yrs programme in university?

3 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by paulbets: 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
creazor: My school fees (N23000 hostel fee inclusive).
Yr 1 = N55,500
Yr 2 = N33,000
Yr 3 = N9,500 (team squatter)
Yr 4 = N10,000 (team squatter)
Yr 5(to begin in March) = N33,000 (most likely)
TOTAL = N141,000

Lest I forget.....
Cost of Feeding = N(+infinity^x, where x>0; i.e. x is an integer 1,2,.....,+infinity)

#TeamUNILAG.

bless you brother, but I think if you are entering year 5 come next year march, then you definitely should be admitted in 2009 and your Yr 1 fee should be less than N55000 cos I paid even lesser.
Note: I will enter Yr 4 come next year March
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Sweetlemon(f): 4:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
The most expensive trio should be Igbinedion, Babcook and covenant Universities.

I spent nothing less than 3 million on fees alone (they don't provide feeding) when I was in Igbinedion.

There were different kinds of fees,

Tuition fees, transport fees, laundry fees, accomodation, internet, so many access fees, I have forgotten so many of them. Then in your final year ehn! They will squeeze you dry with all kinds of clearance dues. In total I must have spent nothing less than 4.5 million in that school.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
Which university b dat
Archmage: I calculated my schl fees for four years, e no reach 100k o
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Nigeriakan: 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
motto of religious unis: #FREE SALVATION must attract EXPENSIVE EDUCATION
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by lovetorch2013: 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
@ op, what point are you trying to make? is it that: education is costly to get or the sector is deteriorating or what?
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Sweetlemon(f): 4:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Fadelex: I am a member of RCCG but I'm highly embarrassed by the school fees of RUN.. the seminarians that brought education to us (CMS, bariga) made it free for all to have access to education. members of these churches (RCCG, LIVING FAITH, CAC, BAPTIST, and so on) contributed their hard earned money to build these schools but couldn't send their wards to the schools. the school is built for the thieving class that bastardized our education sector. RCCG secondary school is paying 600k per term which amounts to 1.8million per annum. for Christ sake, where is d love towards d poor d church is preaching? I think it's high time government started taxing churches. it has become business and how can u be doing business without paying tax? til dis day in developed countries, missionary schools pay less than normal govt schools e.g Barry university in Florida owned by catholic

People just like to talk without doing their homework well.
RCCG caters for ALL classes of people.
Have you heard of Christ the Redeemers schools? They cater for low income earners. If you have money send your kids to the expensive schools. If you don't, send them to the low income schools. That way everybody is catered for.

Pls go and research about RCCG schools

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
[code][/code]
TheRealAdonye: Please OP, make sure you get your facts right before posting..
First off the The prefix 'ABTI' has been removed since 2008. I would never understand why people still call it that. Its probably the same reason we still refer to 'PHCN' as 'NEPA'.
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) is the most expensive in Nigeria. Depending on your feeding and accommodation, in addition to the tuition, the lowest you can pay is N1.3M per semester . It can get as high as N2.1M. So that's about N2.6M to N4.2M per year . The only exception is if you are on full or partial Scholarship.

You can decide to stay in a room with 1 other person, 2 other persons or 3 other persons. You can also decide to eat once, twice or thrice a day. Na your money kill am.
The accomodation and feeding are the variable costs.
The tuition is the same for everyone whether you're studying Communication and Multimedia Design, Software Engineering or Information Systems.

It is worth every kobo though. Trust me, I know.

Also Parents don't have to pay in Dollars except you're paying from outside Nigeria.

But in the end, everyone fights for the same jobs soooo..
_

Word. I was about explaining the same. I stay in a 3-man room myself. The place is quite nice (understatement of the year).
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by xxxifyxxx(f): 4:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Everyone has a choice - private university or the rest. All fingers are not equal.

Generally all over the world, anything private must have that extra premium paid. We have secondary schools running into millions a term! Talkless of a year.

Here in Uk, we have private christian secondary schools paying at least £24,000 a year. So at the end of the day, it's your choice and your opinion with regards which one will benefit you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Madamspeaker(f): 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
ajoguegbe: I finished from UNIZIK in 2001, all my school fees was 8,500 Naira from year one to final year. That is 2,000 Naira per year. I thank God we didnt join other schools to go on their regular strikes. I dont know how my alma mater is doing now.

I thank God for private universities for uplifting the standard of education in the country. You may say its for the rich, so who stops you from becoming rich? We shouldn't weaken the strong, in an attempt to strengthen the weak.
hmm...2001:/...were was i by den?...i'm also a zikite,i still dey vex y unizik join ASUU.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by iyimide(m): 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
did any one review bingham university? it is extremely expensive too...

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Stevosty: 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
It's not about hogwashing here, I'm just curious, or let me throw it open, PLS HOUSE WHICH UNIVERSITY OFFERS MASTERS PROGRAMME FOR LESS THAN 150K?
Jenams: are u seriously askin me dat? hogwash!
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
So dem dey bribe 4 private universities, na still suffering despite d huge amount
seangy4konji: Lead city is expensive also...450k is not beanzzz...excluding acommodation,faaji,olonsho,clubing and bribing...
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by GentleFrank(m): 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
Good !
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by shadelek(m): 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
I founded this school for the masses and the school fees is 850,000. Team Atiku Abubakar

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Godsknight(m): 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Jenams: masters programme. go bursary department n confirm.
tell him dat 50k for acceptance is not part of d 150k for tuition fee. Uniben MBA is the most expensive in the country
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Tinyemeka(m): 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
ketoprofen: Team Unizik.
The cheapest!
smiley
You should have seen what happened when Prof Ilochi Okafor increased the fees to N17,500.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by 01mcfadden(m): 4:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
I'm in state uni and paid just #31,800 as a fresher,i heard returning students pay #26,000.
Proudly aauaite!
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by DonaldGenes(m): 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
Did you know that "Facebook,Twitter and The New York Times have been block by China since year 2009"

Anyway, back to the Topic, mehn! Na waooooo thank God for Team Unical
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by jokebadmus(f): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=Tolexander]that #5,300 should be per session. [/quoteI gues u r frm OAU seeing 5300] n mojo break
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by anselm791(m): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
Donalð Genes: Did you know that "Facebook,Twitter and The New York Times have been block by China since year 2009"

Anyway, back to the Topic, mehn! Na waooooo thank God for Team Unical
Finally a fellow malabite, I think say na only me dey NL, how you dey na?
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by xp17(m): 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sweetlemon: The most expensive trio should be Igbinedion, Babcook and covenant Universities.

I spent nothing less than 3 million on fees alone (they don't provide feeding) when I was in Igbinedion.

There were different kinds of fees,

Tuition fees, transport fees, laundry fees, accomodation, internet, so many access fees, I have forgotten so many of them. Then in your final year ehn! They will squeeze you dry with all kinds of clearance dues. In total I must have spent nothing less than 4.5 million in that school.
do u know GINO?
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by tundeism: 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
At Unilag
100L:Reg and skul fees 29K plus hostel fee 18K
200L: 5k plus hostel fee 18k
300L: 5k plus hostel fee 18k
400L: 5k plus hostel fee 18k
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Tolexander: 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
RedBenson:

Can u now see reasons why u are sub-educated and half-baked-graduate? How can u spend 35k to complete 4yrs programme in university?
seems you mean Wole Soyinka is an illiterate by your assertion?

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by shikshark: 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
Archmage: I calculated my schl fees for four years, e no reach 100k o
iree poly things grin
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Lyoncrescent: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sighs.

Not Again. So the fact u pay 35k or 30k in Unilag or OAU, doesn't mean that's worth your education is worth. Now assume there are 20,000 undergraduates in unilag for example paying 30,000 naira annually, that comes to 600 million naira per year making 50 million naira per month.

Do you actually think 50 million is enough to run the university, pay non-academic staff, academic staff, research grants etc ? Don't forget public unis also get also sort of grants such as ETF. Don't forget these public universities have already established structures unlike their private counterparts which are constantly building and improving. If you look @ it critically, the government is subsidizing public university education heavily. If you went to a public university, u were on scholarship by d government cos ur school fees is chicken change.

Quality is Relative. I can tell you private university graduates are having d upper hand. Especially with all dis employers now placing age caps for employment. An average private uni graduate is 22 and has a 2:1 and at 22 has completed nysc.

Education is meant to be relevant not difficult and private unis are getting it right.

3 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by haykins01(m): 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
Brimmie: #TeamFUTA
abeg our skul fees 4 5yrs reach 100k??
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by explicit770(f): 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
the Adventist College of West Africa (ACWA) in
Adventist Seminary of West africa
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by segzy87(m): 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
Some state uni. Skool fee r very high wit poor standard. My broder pay around 135k per session in Esut
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by jokebadmus(f): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
Dt shd b OAU seeing 5300 n mojo break 2006
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
I don't know the university with the most expensive fees, but I know the one with the cheapest - OAU. And with just less than 50,000 naira, covering fees and accomodation, in four years, it gave me the best university education I could ever have gotten from any Nigerian university. This makes me, though sometimes, feel going to a private university is a waste of money. I dey use graduates of private universities dey shine during my NYSC days.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Tolexander: 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
Dubemkelly:
U must be very funny, An art student pays a minimum of 7,300k per annum 4 just tuition fee which should sum up to 29,200 in 4years, what about those faculty/departmental dues? Feeding n accommodation nkoh? Except u meant strictly tuition without other miscellaneous like accommodation,feeding,textbooks,dept'al charges etc
before i respond, are you a student/alumnus of OAU?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical Laboratory Science, Or Physiotherapy? / Nigerian Family, The Imafidon Family Is The UK's Smartest Family (pictures) / Latest On ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.