Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,863 members, 7,966,217 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 10:55 AM

Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled (66913 Views)

Tuition Fees In Nigeria Private Universities / Top Five Most Expensive Private Schools In Nigeria / List Private Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Lyoncrescent: 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2013
delors:
Your view is debatable. I 'll suggest you post it as a topic on NL some time. The fact that you finished from an expensive university doesnt mean the knowledge you acquired is more expensive than the guy who finished from a government funded university. In terms of the quality of research, it is not debatable that the public unis over-surpass the private ones. Comparing a university like Caleb to (not with) say, LASU is an embarrassment. Comparing a uni like Babcock (plus CU combined) to OAU or UI or UNILAG is like trying to determine whether a man is sleeping or dead - big difference.
The lecturers who teach at private unis are more less the ones recruited from public universities or hustlers still trying to get their feet. I can tell you i have seen them and I know the difference. A department head or faculty head at a public university is recruited to a private Uni and he automatically joins the school's senate board. What's that? A school that started yesterday is in no way comparable to a school that has been in existence for over 60 years doing great year in year out.
Private unis are confirmed business centres. No carry overs. Pay the right guy, you pass your failed courses. Students graduate with no real life skills, nothing.
Bros, it is an endless story. If you paid N950k per year for something you could get for as low as N45k with better quality, more world recognition, and with a history of resounding success globally, would you pick the former or the latter? Thats a rational judgement challenge, let me know what you think. smiley

1. Lecturers in Public Universities collect bribe too and they sleep with female students.

2. I don't get what u mean by world recognition cos as far as rankings go, u don't wanna go there.

3. Give it time, babcock for example has been churning out graduates for the last 10 years since 2003. I judge a uni by quality of its alumni. All those research stuff are bogus. If you look around you, there's a private uni graduate going places.
4. You don't wanna get me started on d subsidy thing again. What if I told that d school fees of each unilag student would amount to 350k without governments subsidy ?

5. If there is enough money, I don't mind the subsidy of public unis. But there is a trade off. Public primary and secondary schools are being igonored. GEJ opened 9 new unis, when did any federal or state government open a new primary or secondary uni ? Why can't there be free feeding in primary schools ? Would u send ur child to a public primary school ? The foundation is key.

That's my final and humble opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Emmyxclusive: 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
#teamABU Zx,18,750 per yr nd 7,090 even 4 ma rum of 2 wey i go enta nxt yr..
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Quatermaine: 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
kilanko5:

Dear poster always get your facts and figures right before posing. its better you don't post at all rather than posting a misleading information.

here is the official fees for the 2013/2014 academic session as approved by Babcock University administration.

TUITION: 100L and 200L : N380,000
300L and 500L : N310,000 for all programmes except medical program.
The consolidated fee for medical programme at Benjamin .S. Carson school of medicine is N2 million naira per session which covers tuition, accomodation, feeding , laboratory and every other charges associated with the program.

ACCOMMODATION: Regular: #70k, Premium: #100k and Classic #150k based on students’ preference.

MEDICAL INSURANCE: #15k

IT COMPETENCE: #30k per-session (for all non-computer science students)

MISCELLANEOUS FEES: 100L & 200L- #38k and 300L -500L: #22k

BOOKS : #25k
The average fee at BU is #630,500 which covers Accommodation, Feeding and Tuition, Medical insurance and miscellaneous fees.
LAW: #763k as against the #2m reported
ACCOUNTING: #763k as against the #1.5m reported.
MEDICINE is ( #2m consolidated as against the #3m)
NURSING: #763k as against the #1m reported.
There is no hidden charges outside of what is listed here.
Whats the difference?, the fees are still outrageous..
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Lyoncrescent: 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
delors:
In response to your position, please see my response to one of your earlier positions. Yoh, I am even more surprised you sort of dont seem to know what you are saying. Would you like to review what you just wrote? The first sentence is kinda logically inconsistent...

UNIVERSITY ISN'T MEANT FOR EVERYONE.

You spend 4 years studying biochemistry as difficult as it is and spend 5 years working in a Glo Customer care centre ? The pressure to go to uni is always there cos of our culture and perception. There should be film schools or fashion schools or music schools or whatever. Is it clearer now ? Plus this is applicable to both private and public unis.

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by BrutusOj(m): 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
Archmage: I calculated my schl fees for four years, e no reach 100k o
..from 2002-2005,all I spent for school fees,accomodation,lecture materials,textbooks,pocket money n evry evry was not up to 100..I met one of dos who graduated from private Uni durin ma youth service(abia state) he read dsame course with me n he was no where close to me in our field of study..
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by delors(m): 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
Lyoncrescent:

1. Lecturers in Public Universities collect bribe too and they sleep with female lecturers.

2. I don't get what u mean by world recognition cos as far as rankings go, u don't wanna go there.

3. Give it time, babcock for example has been churning out graduates for the last 10 years since 2003. I judge a uni by quality of its alumni. All those research stuff are bogus. If you look around you, there's a private uni graduate going places.
4. You don't wanna get me started on d subsidy thing again. What if I told that d school fees of each unilag student would amount to 350k without governments subsidy ?

5. If there is enough money, I don't mind the subsidy of public unis. But there is a trade off. Public primary and secondary schools are being igonored. GEJ opened 9 new unis, when did any federal or state government open a new primary or secondary uni ? Why can't there be free feeding in primary schools ? Would u send ur child to a public primary school ? The foundation is key.

I respect your view.
Like I said, create a topic based on that (to bring your total topics to 2)...I think we'll all learn a lot (and much more) from the contributions of others.
And as a parting gift, here is a link to one of your very expensive private universities abroad (Ghana)... https://www.nairaland.com/1562398/nigerian-students-study-one-block-portakabin
Enjoy smiley
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
Wa
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by delors(m): 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
uche16: Why waste ur time schooling in these overpriced universities when you van school in ghana for much less and in a comfortable environment .....GUARANTEED ADMISSION TO ANY UNIVERSITY OF CHOICE IN GHANA, AFFORDBLE FEES, ANY COURSE OPTION OF CHOICE. NO JAMB, NO APTITUDE TEST AND NO STRIKE. CALL:+233547590330.
Like this one block university in Ghana? https://www.nairaland.com/1562398/nigerian-students-study-one-block-portakabin
Naa, thanks...I'll pass cheesy
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Tmany(m): 6:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Lyoncrescent:

1. Lecturers in Public Universities collect bribe too and they sleep with female lecturers.

bro should federal government go into taking care of primary schools? Federal Secondary schools i know are still working properly and there is no outcry for more federal secondary school
and as for the comparison of federal and private university graduate i think that is an individual thing.
Personal i think private uni should stop summer class (I know NUC has directed them to stop it but not sure they... )
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by delors(m): 6:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
Tmany: bro should federal government go into taking care of primary schools? Federal Secondary schools i know are still working properly and there is no outcry for more federal secondary school
and as for the comparison of federal and private university graduate i think that is an individual thing.
Personal i think private uni should stop summer class (I know NUC has directed them to stop it but not sure they... )
The summer classes is a scam...its like running 3 terms in one academic calender so those who failed during the normal semester could come and re-take those papers (and pass compulsorily) after paying heavily for each of the failed courses. Isnt that an institutionalized scam?!
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Tolexander: 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
delors:
I swear I no pay pass 45k all my four years at OAU...and I still freaking banged a 1st Class!
Part 1, i got an accommodation...parts 2 and 3 ( I paid for Awo Annex, Moz view, enuff aro)...part 4 I got an accommodation...maybe all in all, like 45k all through!
you and i almost stayed in the same block in part 1. I stayed in J3 for 2weeks until the portals relocated me.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Lyoncrescent: 6:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
All in all, naija graduates dey try. I've seen many naija graduates with 2:1 and 2:2 going to top unis in uk(Not dem middlesex uni and sheffield hallam o) and coming out with Distinction for their masters degree. We dey all try both public and private uni graduates. Agree that d summer school thing is a scam and state govts are not doing much with public primary schools. We need more Federal Government Colleges.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Tmany(m): 6:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
delors:
The summer classes is a scam...its like running 3 terms in one academic calender so those who failed during the normal semester could come and re-take those papers (and pass compulsorily) after paying heavily for each of the failed courses. Isnt that an institutionalized scam?!
for me the paying for the summer class is not the issue. The issue i have with summer class is that its belittling their certificate. When you have someone graduating with 2.1 from a private uni after having numerous summer class which ought to have affected his gp if He were to be in a federal uni or state uni. That the reason when some people will say graduate with 2.1 from a private uni will get 2.2 or third class form a federal uni(i see sense in what they say)
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by SirCee: 6:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
Schooling in now a hard nut to crack.
And mission universities are not helping matters.
Are the universities chrislike, christ came for the poor, eat and dine with the poor.
What is happening in the universities are different things from the teaching of christ.
How can a student pay as high as N500,000 - N1,000,000 per year.
Government and right thinking Nigerians should conderm this
This is man in humanity to man from the so called mission universities.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by TheRealAdonye(m): 7:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
AUN runs an American system of education which allows Summer school.. Actually, most people use it to take courses they haven't taken before so they can finish earlier than 4 years (That's what I did and I finished in 3 and a half years).

In the end, we all struggle for the same jobs but I do believe the learning process isn't just for working alone.
Also its not a Christain or Muslim school so there's freedom.

Not discounting our premier Unis but this is the best right now.
Students are not more than 25 in a class with AC's and lecturers from all around the world who are mostly American trained.
No sorting or sexual harrasment of any kind. (2 years ago, a lecturer had to resign because he was accused... It wasn't even proven).

Compare this with hundred of students crowding in lecture halls and selling of handouts, etc.

I believe the Name of a University plays a great role because of the standards that were. But If those Standards are not maintained then where does that leave Us?

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by MissLirusehn(f): 7:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
#TeamConvenant
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Lolaabokoku(f): 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hmmmmm!!!!
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Beesluv: 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
#TeamUnigwags
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by zibi2(m): 7:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
RedBenson:

Can u now see reasons why u are sub-educated and half-baked-graduate? How can u spend 35k to complete 4yrs programme in university?
grin
RedBenson:

Can u now see reasons why u are sub-educated and half-baked-graduate? How can u spend 35k to complete 4yrs programme in university?
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by lekxaid007(m): 7:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
Stvkmicheal: Owo tabua
hmmmmm tru talk......moni thinz sad
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by tlops(m): 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
Archmage: I calculated my schl fees for four years, e no reach 100k o

That is why your lecturers have been on strike since ages!
Quality education cost, and this cost has to be borne by either the government or the individual!
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by jewelzizi(f): 7:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
Team Babcock! The last tym I checkd o, medicine in babcock is 2million consolidated price. I'm a graduate of Babcock uni.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by abbakacici: 7:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Poster you forget about two universities in Abuja may be because the universities are new,
Baze university with tuition of 1.65 million, accommodation of like 500,000 and feeding of 300,000 that almost 2.5 million
Nile university with tuition fees of 1.5 , accommodation of 750,000 to 1 million and feeding is free that almost 2.25 -2.5 million
while for ABTI now AUN, the tuition is 1.6, accommodation the lowest is 360,000 Triple Room W/O Facilities (toilet ) and the most expensive is 650,000 Double Room W/Facilities (with toilet) feeding is from 250,000 ( eat only once a day) to 450,000 ( eat 3 meals a day ) so total is 2.21 to 2,7 million

yes you can go aboard with this money, i and 3 of my 3 cousin finished secondary around 2007-2009, so the father of two of us, said we should look for any university with a tuition around 2 million,
i want to Malaysia, i paid tuition for like 1.5 and live comfortable with the 1 million (2008), my cousin want to AUN, (2009), the other guy want to Nile university (2009) and the last went to cyprus (EMU) paid tuition for like 750,000 due to scholarship most african get , paid accommodation for single room 650,000 and live expenses for like 800,000

is impossible to live just 2.5 million in Canada, USA, UK including tuition fees,

the pros of us than went outside is, with student visa, is very easy to get tourist visa, you have the chance to make fed from all over the world, you will have time to explore the country more unlike, want to just go der as tourist, and if you are the biz type, we can easily think of something to import or export

cons
A frd, in kenya, Tanzania, china, turkey, Yeman , thailand new zealand etc, will not help you get a job in nigeria
Singapore, thailand and indonesia visa will still not help you find a job

the pros
you will make frd with sons/daughter of important people, governor, minister and senators each, which will make easily for them to find a job, if you are very good, you won a award to two, during the convocation, you are already sure of jobs and scholarship
cons
you are still in nigeria
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by enimcnite(m): 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
I graduated from babcock, notin special about the sch, dy r jst thieves
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by kayClt(f): 7:53pm On Dec 22, 2013
Y is baze univerisity not on dat list
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by MOORCHMOORE(m): 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
@op, Igbinedion fees didn't just cover accommodation and tuition only. They also transport students to school free going and coming back.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Tmany(m): 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
TheRealAdonye: AUN runs an American system of education which allows Summer school.. Actually, most people use it to take courses they haven't taken before so they can finish earlier than 4 years (That's what I did and I finished in 3 and a half years).
bro be truthfull to yourself (maybe that the case in AUN) but in most private uni summer class is used for carry-over multiple carry-over in most case (carry-over that ought to send most gp to the underworld grin )
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Tmany(m): 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Elevation(m): 8:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
Emmyxclusive: #teamABU Zx,18,750 per yr nd 7,090 even 4 ma rum of 2 wey i go enta nxt yr..
Correct,me self de enter room of two....ehen,guy when exactly are we commencing online registration?.Hope u've got an idea on that.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by thiefnubu(m): 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
I am now in part 5 law in oau and still havnt spent up to 50, 000 naira in tuition from part 1 till now.... I rep OAU (Oba Awon Univasiti) ... ASUU strike don do me strong tin sha...
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by SamConquer(m): 8:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
MOORCH MOORE: @op, Igbinedion fees didn't just cover accommodation and tuition only. They also transport students to school free going and coming back.
bros thank you jare, what do You expect when someone overfeed Himself with Lizard meat.People will Just rush and 'mix up' nonsense with out doing the necessary research,just because they are fighting for frontpage.if it is by University then all the Great scientist, world leaders,oil magnate and the rest movers and shakers of the Society Should have been alumnus of Havard university.Sometimes I wonder what is Special about all this 'overated Public unis'?Is it the overcrowdness in the Lecture Room?or sex for marks?or Lecturer not attending Lectures for almost a complete Semester? and other vices..yes you paid 5000 and I paid 5milion.what is ur business?can You give what You dont have.when I come in contact with some Public Uni student;No Charisma,no aura nothing Special, with their Poor diction that leaves much to be desired. and one begins to wonder why all this overating? Mtchew Public Uni my Ass!!!...Team Igbenidion
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Akinsnaira: 8:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
Is babcock providing a means of employment for his graduates. I knew of a guy during service, a graduate of the over-bloated babcock. This guy looked too wretched to me to believe he paid such mammoth fees through his university education, maybe there is a concession giving to some of their students, especially those who are members of the adventist church. But if not so, I think those parents must have been hipnotized by babcock for them to still stick with the school for their children education, in the face of this nigerian economy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo / A Trillion-tons Iceberg, 4 Times The Size Of London Broke-off Antarctica(photos) / See What A University Student Still Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.