Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,187 members, 7,903,923 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 01:35 AM

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! (21686 Views)

Armed Troops Invade And Occupy Venue Of Proposed MEND Meeting / Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by jdarmee: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
[b][/b];Dniggas be like fighting
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by benardtotti(m): 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
solomon111: Nigerians know your real enemies.
Abraham lincoln would not do better as president or minister of finance, if your various state governors continue to remain corrupt inepts.
now you are actually saying the same thing as @Occupynaija,that was what they said that corruption is killing the country and NOI is not being truthful to Gej.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
Boss13:

Mr. Sunny Bobo you are a trader of pharmaceutical products I can even see it from your corporation tax of 30%. Manufacturers and Corps that exports pays 20%. Do you get Capital Allowance? Again, as a CEO you must know how your expenditure arises and that includes all remittances to govt (Corporate Tax, Education Tax, PAYE, Capital Gain Tax, VAT, Stamp Duties etc). When you don't know this, it only increases my suspicion (FYI based on tax assessment of 2012/2013 PAYE, first N300,000 is 7%, the next N300,000 is 11%, next N500,000 is 15%, next N500,000 is 19% e.t.c). Again, as CEO it is your sole responsibility to prepare the PAYE for your employees, though this duty is delegated but where you fail, you as a director and other directors will be held liable. Also, your account department cannot file for tax returns, you must go through a tax consultant(s).

Furthermore, I requested for what date Corps remit tax returns. You did not respond.

So Mister, you can see how I am opening you open. Be very careful to engage me further before I dissect you to reveal that you are not even the owner of the business you are working in. Maybe it is owned by a family relation. Coming to nairaland to brag.

You better come for consultancy services make I help you grow your trading business. Sometimes some people think nairaland is predominantly teenagers and students that they can deceive.

I've been out and about but will definitely get back to you.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by capricon: 5:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
Boss13:

Keep your emotions in check. An attribute of leadership is to discern logically. Though I suspect you being an employer of labour (you use the term loosely). Go to Financial times, and if you have paid your subscription - type employer of labour. I guess you would drop the term. For me you are self employed.

Yes I am an employee. I am happy with that and the experience is invaluable. Would help me a lot when I decide to float a company.

Mr. Sunny you are of no value to the country. Infact you are worse off. You buy and sell that's what you do (A trader). You make the demand for dollar increase and that devalue our naira. You are the reason Sanusi has refused to reduce to drop the interest rate because the only innovation you think of is to collect money, remit to your manufacturers, get products and sell to your consumers. You do not understand supply chain management, production line-ups and set-ups, quality control checks, value chain management. You might even be responsible for infiltrating our market with fake drugs.

Now Mr. Sunny - what form do you feel for your employees when you want to do their PAYE remittance and what are the content inside the form? What is the current corporate tax rate and when do you remit corporation tax? These are the kind of question we ask people like you who claim to be providing jobs.

Bloody employee shut up and listen to employers of labour. Mr know it all
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Boss13: 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
capricon:

Bloody employee shut up and listen to employers of labour. Mr know it all

Thank you for acknowledging my knowledge. It didn't come easy. Took a lot of hard work, pains and perseverance
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by jpphilips(m): 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
Boss13: I see nothing wrong with what the guy is saying. Our GDP is improving yet the standard of living is declining. It's so funny that inflation rate is single digit but the price of garri has never gone down. Then what consumer price index (CPI) did they use to calculate our current rate of inflation.

NOI is unable to account for revenue coming into the federation account. Sure-P funds are missing. NNPC is diverting funds, our debt profile is hitting the trillions and our budget for capital infrastructure is poorly implemented. Yet she claims to be minister of finance and coordinating minister.

Do we turn a blind eyes over these issues? I am surprised she termed the guy as negativism which I consider to be terribly wrong because the guy was only letting NOI know her popularity on the street and not in Aso rock.

Majority of Nigerians have very low IQ, im not suprised some are doffing their red cap for madam incompetence.
just take a survey of the majority of posters who support mediocrity will tell you what the IQ on the street is.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nigeria would have probably remained dependent if our people from east of the Niger we see today had been born during the colonial days. They are what Malcolm X called "house negro".
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by luvmijeje(f): 6:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
Boss13:

Mr. Sunny Bobo you are a trader of pharmaceutical products I can even see it from your corporation tax of 30%. Manufacturers and Corps that exports pays 20%. Do you get Capital Allowance? Again, as a CEO you must know how your expenditure arises and that includes all remittances to govt (Corporate Tax, Education Tax, PAYE, Capital Gain Tax, VAT, Stamp Duties etc). When you don't know this, it only increases my suspicion (FYI based on tax assessment of 2012/2013 PAYE, first N300,000 is 7%, the next N300,000 is 11%, next N500,000 is 15%, next N500,000 is 19% e.t.c). Again, as CEO it is your sole responsibility to prepare the PAYE for your employees, though this duty is delegated but where you fail, you as a director and other directors will be held liable. Also, your account department cannot file for tax returns, you must go through a tax consultant(s).

Furthermore, I requested for what date Corps remit tax returns. You did not respond.

So Mister, you can see how I am opening you open. Be very careful to engage me further before I dissect you to reveal that you are not even the owner of the business you are working in. Maybe it is owned by a family relation. Coming to nairaland to brag.

You better come for consultancy services make I help you grow your trading business. Sometimes some people think nairaland is predominantly teenagers and students that they can deceive.
grin Awaiting Sonny_Bobo's response.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Boss13: 6:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

I've been out and about but will definitely get back to you.

You want to go do some research. You and your research medium are welcome. Better hurry before I get bored.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by waxingmoon: 7:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=Olugbenger]Ilugunboy. . . grin grin

I salute your work on this thread.

cool

seconded
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy: Very hard to fault those guys argument against the Minister.....Nigerians want tangible development reflected in ordinary homes, not developments on charts and power-point presentations.

As usual...the Ibos on NL will rather support the woman by insulting the Occupy Nigeria group.
This is not about tribe. What if the occupy Nigeria group are mainly igbos? It's not everything that's about tribe mr
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by callmenow: 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
Why occupy Nigeria? The agenda for this capricious 'group' needs to be transparent. Just one question. The acquisition of Oil wells in present day Nigeria catapults most Nigerians to the billion dollar status. Why are Abacha cronies, Obasanjo and Babangida cronies allowed to retain their oil wells and fields to the detriment of the masses. What is corruption? People scream ODUAH corruption, whilst ATIKU and family have two oil wells which are worth 5 Billion Dollars. Danjuma has already sold a half share in his Sapetro (sic) for 2 Billion Dollars for his oil fields. Danjuma is even called oil magnate. Mohammed Babangida has concessions worth 3 Billion Big ones. Perhaps we are not getting our priorities in order. To paraphrase Iyabo, Nigerians deserve the leaders they get. None of the present ministers has yet acquired an oil well or field after my investigation. Perhaps they should do so before 2015. We respect huge larceny and sniff and play tribal politics at every turn.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by bright8(m): 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Boss13:

You want to go do some research. You and your research medium are welcome. Better hurry before I get bored.
Stop feeling snug. Not everybody's life revolves around NL. The dude will answer you in due time if he feels so. Remember he doesn't owe it to you!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by cap28: 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
Okonjo Iweala has nothing of value to offer Nigeria and its people, I don't even know why anyone would want to engage in a conversation about Nigeria's economy with this imperialist lap dog.

Like a well trained lap dog she is only good at following her master's instructions which is to plunge the living standards of average Nigerians lower and lower, she is a traitor and a sell out.

Traitor who demands to be paid in US dollars only, traitor who steals millions from her own people under the guise of co-ordinating a debt relief package. Shame on you Okonjo Iweala and all that you stand for one day you will pay for the crimes you have perpetrated against your own people.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Ngwakwe: 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
Bros, CEO doesn't compute PAYE, the Accounts department does. Moreover, we have a dedicated software or Microsoft Excel Visual Basic programme that automatically generates individual PAYE during computation of Monthly Wages.

For your tax form, the purpose is basically for tax refunds for those expenses that were taxed which ought to have been removed from employees taxable income. Then, if there are other sources of income as stipulated in the tax form then an adjustment will be made to balance employees taxable income.

On the issue of being Employer of Labour, Pension fund law stipulates that any business or cooperation having more up to five employees is mandated to contribute 5 - 7.5% of their employees Basic Salary to a Pension fund hence by Law if Sunny Bobo has more than four employees, he reserve the right to ascribe such to himself.

Boss13:

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by jpphilips(m): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
solomon111: The job of the co-ordinating minister of the economy to create functional policies that would enhance job creation,investment and an all-inclusive growth.
It's left for the state and local govts to tap into this policies and improve the life of their people.
The state and local govts are closer to the masses than the minister of finance.

so when the fg puts a ban on basic commodities and the resulting inflation drops the par capital income further, what do you expect the LGA's to do?

yet the minister of economy failed to be circumspective in churning out such anti mases policies.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by jpphilips(m): 10:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
solomon111: Nigerians should hold their state govts responsible.
They are supposed to convert the federal govt policies and the overall growth in the economy into better living standards for the people.

pls do yourself a favor go back to school
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by jpphilips(m): 10:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
32-D:

Smh 10 likes for dis daft opinion...@capricon cheers bro u r not the only stupiiid one, at least there are 10 others like u

don't blame those functional illiterates
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by WinkWrld: 10:39pm On Dec 22, 2013
That woman has no twitter account. So keep talking to spirits.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by jpphilips(m): 10:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Meanwhile, I'm not saying that there is no poverty in the land. Yes I agree that the level of poverty in Nigeria is unacceptable but what I won't buy us the notion that the level if poverty has increased more than it was before 1999.

Funny enough, this kind of arguments come from people who before 1999 would trek from Oshodi to Ojuelegba, lived in face me I face you but can afford to at least own a fairly used car now while living in a flat. When you point that fact to them, they say no we should use others who are still stuck in poverty to judge forgetting that within this time frame, they themselves have been able to pull out if poverty.

young man, the fact that you were able to rent another person's property is no positive growth because the same failed minister of economy you are indirectly absolving had education in climes where the govt play a significant role in mortgage.

so when you are renting apartments when you should be owning one shows the incompetence of the so called economic experts who in the last 14yrs have widened further the gap between the rich and the poor.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by richjohn1(m): 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
The way things are going shows even God is fed up of this country.
How did we get Jonathan NOI Allison and Oduah?
God show us merrcy small na! For our tribaliatc friend your children will pay for all these believe me
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by jpphilips(m): 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
Boss13:

Thank you for acknowledging my knowledge. It didn't come easy. Took a lot of hard work, pains and perseverance

pls stop wasting on sunny, ive already asked him to go back to school and I believe he is doing that already, perhaps you guys can replay the convo when he graduates.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by jpphilips(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
callmenow: Why occupy Nigeria? The agenda for this capricious 'group' needs to be transparent. Just one question. The acquisition of Oil wells in present day Nigeria catapults most Nigerians to the billion dollar status. Why are Abacha cronies, Obasanjo and Babangida cronies allowed to retain their oil wells and fields to the detriment of the masses. What is corruption? People scream ODUAH corruption, whilst ATIKU and family have two oil wells which are worth 5 Billion Dollars. Danjuma has already sold a half share in his Sapetro (sic) for 2 Billion Dollars for his oil fields. Danjuma is even called oil magnate. Mohammed Babangida has concessions worth 3 Billion Big ones. Perhaps we are not getting our priorities in order. To paraphrase Iyabo, Nigerians deserve the leaders they get. None of the present ministers has yet acquired an oil well or field after my investigation. Perhaps they should do so before 2015. We respect huge larceny and sniff and play tribal politics at every turn.

I don't see how occupy Nigeria can distribute oil wells do you?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Boss13:

Dude, I'm a very busy man. I'm actually in the UK now for an event which is still ongoing as I type this.

I do not have to do any research yo respond to you as I reserve the right to ignore you.

You are just an employee of a bank. CEOs of banks bow down when shaking hands with me and they do so with both hands. In real life, you'll fill a form and book an appointment to have audience with me.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by jeffoe(m): 5:14am On Dec 23, 2013
Bizibi: exactly,everybody is ignoring their govs and they are just focusin on the people in aso rock and abuja,what have the govs even done fr their states even the lawmakers are dere to decorate .....
the fg get more allocation than the state and LG that why the attention is there some ministries in the fg have little or no impact on the common man
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by realnas(m): 7:07am On Dec 23, 2013
I'm glad that nigerians r finally seeing this woman 4 wat she is ! She's an economic hitman sent frm d west to nigeria with an agenda of which is to wreck d nigerian economy and make us slaves of the west for more information pls read confessions of an economic hitman by john perkins and u will see 4 urselves
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by tnktosin(m): 8:37am On Dec 23, 2013
Boss13:

Sunny_bobo:

Dude, I'm a very busy man. I'm actually in the UK now for an event which is still ongoing as I type this.

I do not have to do any research yo respond to you as I reserve the right to ignore you.

You are just an employee of a bank. CEOs of banks bow down when shaking hands with me and they do so with both hands. In real life, you'll fill a form and book an appointment to have audience with me.
grin grin grin grin grin
Thanks for making his point . You can't give what you don't have cry
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Pain(m): 8:47am On Dec 23, 2013
capricon:

Mr man she has done her part very very well as acknowledged by all indices both locally and internationally. The problem is ur elected officials are not doing their part to transmit. these economic gains to their constituency

Pls tell me what the people you elected did for your constituency to improve their living standards

What have you said that wasn't highlighted by the Occupy Nigeria handle? Everything was summarized as corruption by the commentator. Stop blowing and hot air. You really deserve a refund of your school fees.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by LiberateAfrica: 10:00am On Dec 23, 2013
Nigerians are fools!!Nigerians are mad.The youth of the nation are the most idiotic humans the black race can boast of!What on earth are these people eating?The politicians keep stealing resources your forefathers tried to protect and you keep undermining their efforts daily with your mindset.A group is attacking these rogues and instead some of you are supporting the government.My goodness!Other african countries keep asking why nigerians are not angrier than they are.Madiba asked thesame question.The nation is hopeless with buffons,half-baked youths who can't reason like sane children!some of you make people fighting for the good of the nation tired!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by obeski13(m): 11:15am On Dec 23, 2013
Let us respect her decision to reply back.becos u dont see d need for her replying back doesnt make her wrong..i am worried for the future of this country.,looking at the way d so called leaders of tomorrow behave and conduct themselves..why should someone or a group of people be so uncouth and rude to be making such an uncomplimentary remark about someone old enough to be their mother..cant we criticise without being abusive..funny enough, we are quick to criticise, but we dont suggest alternatives.what nigerians do not know is that most of these lazy and jobless groups go hehind to solicit for contracts frm this same government official they malign....what most people who joined obj and his gang in their macabre dance do not know is that this gang go to GEJ at night requesting for favours..60% of appointees in gej govt come frm them.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by obeski13(m): 11:51am On Dec 23, 2013
For those who hurl insults at jonathan and Okonjo for ineptitudeness and banditing economy figures on papers, i think it is high time we enlighten ourselves on dis issue..as long as most state and local govts are corrupt and inept,we will never see d gains of d efforts being made at d centre.how many state and local govts create jobs.how many houses have been built at these level of govt,how many acres of land have been cultivated, how many rural and feeders av being constructed.we can never feel d impacted of what govt is doing at d centre as long as otheir tiers of govt remain corrupt and inept.why do we waste our energy on a level of govt that is far frm us..if most states and local govts have done half of what fed govt has done in improving d economy,we wont be where we are job...most jobs that av being created comes frm fed govt initiatives.what happen to state and local govts.how many state governors av a project scheme to empower graduates.just like fg is doing.even we d populace we avnt helped matters at all.we still prefer to buy imported and smuggled goods to d one produce locally.if dont buy locally produce goods,how would they expand,build more outlets and employ more hands.as long as we continue to destroy and damage facilities for selfish reasons, we will continue to be in a circle.it is only in nigeria that u hear of pipelines, power stations and other important facilities are sabotaged.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Akiika: 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
Na true dem dey tell the woman. She's a failure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila Visits Osinbajo In Abuja [Photos] / Buhari Joins Nigerian Youths To Celebrate The International Youth / Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.