Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,938 members, 7,938,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 12:50 PM

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! (21731 Views)

Armed Troops Invade And Occupy Venue Of Proposed MEND Meeting / Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Bizibi(m): 11:01am On Dec 22, 2013
tosan200:
OK if i get you well the minister is not part of the problem, the president is not part of the problem?
yes they are part of the problem but I haven't u asked yourself what dese govs and lawmakers re doing fr deir states,signing a budget of a country's GDP and nothing to show for it,we dey shout gej and noi and one crazy gov is just sitting there looking at us and looting,my broda if govs and lawmakers start getting pressure from Nigerians they will sit up bcuz they are the ones representing us
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by capricon: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2013
tosan200:
But she is a failure , it doesn't change the fact that they are all failures. Hope the job hunting is going good?

Not job hunting. Thanks for the concern
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by okoromss(m): 11:04am On Dec 22, 2013
As nigerians we are in the habit of complaining about everything frankly its now in d level of an epidemic and that's really sad, we blame everyone but not ourselves for our woes, u say the country is so bad yet ordinary people like you are making d best out of it and becoming a solution. Aren't u ashamed of urself? U have d guts to sit to say Dr NOI is a failure, imagine that? What gave u d impetus to do that? Pls try to be positive and personally make something out of your life, stop playing d blame game, it would leave u with nothing.. the outcome of ur life is solely ur responsibility.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by djfaithy: 11:08am On Dec 22, 2013
Boss13:

Though our economy has never been better. It has never moved from B to A. I mean from a decline state to an improved one. It has always be on a downward trend. However, this trend is just getting worse. You hear the world bank and IMF claiming with their statistics and power point presentations that the Nigerian middle class is growing. You look at the street and millions of people are jobless, graduates ain't getting jobs. So where is this invincible middle class.

.Exactly the question that handler asked NOI, how can we continue to grow on paper when there's nothing to show for it in our streets,NOI would have been the hero of week if she took to address the question and ignore the insults, being an elder and a good role model she's suppose to be
Boss13: .I do not agree with you on this. The US has the biggest civil service and the spend much more than we do. The difference is that one is more effective and delivers results than the other.

.The funniest thing is, we are kinda richer than the US.

Boss13: .Yes they are interested in federal allocation from oil revenues and how to defect from one political party to another in order to satisfy their selfish interest.
. Well the last I heard, Nigeria is not the only country where politicians defect from one party to another but Nigeria is surely the only country where its all about their selfish interest, all of them, obj,gej,atiku,NOI,sanusi.ribadu, all of them I mean all of them, its all about their fvc ken interest.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by ireneony(f): 11:11am On Dec 22, 2013
u guys insulting the minister i pity u, i rather plan for d nxt generation dan consume everything today.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:11am On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

If that is true....it could only be by mostly the same thieving politicians...their accomplices and government appointees.

The truth is the middle class is getting annihilated again....years back banks were falling over themselves to grant young middle class loan to purchase whatever they desire....that is completely gone now...

It speaks much about your Minister of voodoo economy...

Sorry mate, where I come from we don't di politics, we don't go looking for jobs. We are entrepreneurs, we create jobs.

In my extended family about 80% of those above 25 years of age are graduates but only one of us work as a lecturer (he also runs a business in Nnewi). The rest are self employed and employers if labour. We don't wait for jobs, we create them. We don't go wait for government to spoken feed us rather we take advantage of opportunities that are limitless in Nigeria.

When my cousin who finished Veterinary medicine in UNN came back to the village to set up a poultry farm, his mates thought he was under the spell of village witches but the story is different now. Dude has built himself a comfortable house, drives a Toyota Camry, married with kids, is an employer of labour and just sent the younger one abroad for his postgraduate studies. All these and many more he has achieved within a space of 5 years.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Wislet(f): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2013
Akby: It was a funny scenario yesterday... I and OccupyNaija are close friends on twitter and when she replied with the 'nabob of negativism' I quoted the tweet and tweeted 'really disappointed with you being a minister in Nigeria' you need to see the way she replied me and ontop that she 'Gbagauned' self. Nigeria is on the sinking ship of clueless and vulgar leaders. Is this how she replies her husband @ home cos addressing a Nigerian with abusive words is highly barbaric and naughty permit me to use that word
MR MAN, I DO NOT SEE ANY INSULT IN ALL HER REPLIES TO YOU.

You guys were being extremely NEGATIVE in the way you were deriding the economy of Nigeria. Why be so pessimistic? And that is Exactly what she pointed out- THAT YOU LOT WERE BEING PESSIMISTIC. Was that a lie?
Where is the insult then?
You are just struggling to make people see an insult where there is absolutely none.

Secondly, you told her you were disappointed in her as a minister and all she replied you was ''Okay, then why don't you bring in another, afterall she wasn't the only one capable of serving in that capacity''.

Where is the insult Mr? Or are you so filled with dislike for her you WANT to see an insult where there is none?

Check yourself very well.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Samabu07(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:
If I were the minister I won't honour that buffoon with a reply. Silence is the best answer to a fool.
I agree with you, buh what happens to the facts pointed out...in every nonsense there's a "sense".
What's happening to the Naira/Dollar swindling rates? Debt increments?
Are we watching our African Neighbours? Ghana, Angola, South Africa etc?
Would it be a crime if this works better in this country of ours? Yet there's no place like home...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by djfaithy: 11:16am On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Sorry mate, where I come from we don't di politics, we don't go looking for jobs. We are entrepreneurs, we create jobs.

In my extended family about 80% of those above 25 years of age are graduates but only one of us work as a lecturer (he also runs a business in Nnewi). The rest are self employed and employers if labour. We don't wait for jobs, we create them. We don't go wait for government to spoken feed us rather we take advantage of opportunities that are limitless in Nigeria.

When my cousin who finished Veterinary medicine in UNN came back to the village to set up a poultry farm, his mates thought he was under the spell of village witches but the story is different now. Dude has built himself a comfortable house, drives a Toyota Camry, married with kids, is an employer of labour and just sent the younger one abroad for his postgraduate studies. All these and many more he has achieved within a space of 5 years.
. Chest beating....do you know who I am, do you know the story of my family or his , I beggi if we are to write our autobiography on NL " ile ma su"

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by tosan200(m): 11:16am On Dec 22, 2013
Bizibi: yes they are part of the problem but I haven't u asked yourself what dese govs and lawmakers re doing fr deir states,signing a budget of a country's GDP and nothing to show for it,we dey shout gej and noi and one crazy gov is just sitting there looking at us and looting,my broda if govs and lawmakers start getting pressure from Nigerians they will sit up bcuz they are the ones representing us
The state government are not left out and they are heavily criticised when things are not going fine in their state .
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by ogmask: 11:17am On Dec 22, 2013
New buildings are not in anyway a reflection of an improved ecinomy. Most of the pple u ar refering to found themselves in politics in 1999 because Nigeriand tot the military wuld not go. That the so called houses sprang up in ur villages thru stealin of our commonwealth does not in any way make d economy better.
The role of any responsible govt is to make sure that the effects of its policies trickles down to the shop floor. You dnt count the number of houses anf cars on d road as a reflections of a positive economy.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:19am On Dec 22, 2013
djfaithy: . Chest beating....do you know who I am, do you know the story of my family or his , I beggi if we are to write our autobiography on NL " ile ma su"

He who doesn't know where the rain started falling on him would not know where to take shelter. You do not know the origin of my discussion with op. You may do yourself some good by reading from the first page so you can understand better.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by imanuel5959: 11:20am On Dec 22, 2013
Why are Nigerians dis daft? A woman who if not because of †ђξ influence of USA will be †ђξ president of worldbank today is being insulted by ppl who can not cross †ђξ gate whre she's †ђξ boss in New York. Wat has NOI has got to do with †ђξ price of Ijebu garri Щњεn we all have govs who keep going to Abuja everyday to ask for money yet has got nothing to show for it. Don't each state of †ђξ federation has a commissioner for finance, wat is his/her role? Come to Abuja every month collect money and share or wat? Wat abt †ђξ local govts don't d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ have allocations from fg monthly, wat do d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ have to show for it. Dis country can never move forward until we †ђξ citizens start asking our elected or appointed officials questions not only †ђξ fg esp executive while we neglect †ђξ legislature, judiciary, various state and local govts, it will not work!!
As for †ђξ ppl insulting Okonjo Iweala .J̲̣̣̣U̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ pray to Your God to make U̶̲̥̅̊ atleast
1/10th of wat she's today.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by engrfcuksmtin(m): 11:21am On Dec 22, 2013
Do any NOI sympathizer have a logical counter explanation to the post by Boss13?
Boss13: Why are people making excuses for NOI. Bi-weekly, the US govt releases non-farm jobs statistics (this statistics drives Wall Street and assesses govt performance).

Under the watch of Madam, we hear funds missing, poor budget implementation and diversion of funds. She is either a perpetrator or incompetent to handle the affairs of the Nigerian economy as coordinating minister.

First and foremost, she needs to ensure that the actual revenue the country is expected to generate is what we are actually receiving and that all expenditures are made for projects claimed (and not another oduahgate). She has to ensure that govt funds transfer (inflow and outflow) is transparent and traceable.

Secondly, she needs to fully implement our fiscal policies (I hear she is discussing with some consultant on this).

Thirdly, she has to stop Sure-P. The Govt is not a Business Angel (that is why the money is missing). She must look from a macroscopic angle by stimulating the manufacturing and agriculture industry (not just only by steady power supply) and also cheap and accessible loans.

Furthermore, she must grown the mortgage industry. I believe Nigerians will feel her impact more on this. Make housing affordable and available for the average Nigerian. Stimulating the mortgage industry can drive our GDP to an unprecedented level. Also, she must stop the lip service on importation and strongly ban products we can manufacture at home and cajole investors to come to the country and set up manufacturing plants as a condition to sell their products in the Nigeria markets.

In conclusion, her role as finance minister and coordinating minister just don't end on drafting and collating budgets but scrutinizing these budgets from ministries to ensure that there are no form of budget padding and the items would be implemented. Also, cutting down govt expenditures and looking for ways to generate more revenue. She must cut down on external and internal borrowings however necessary in order to avoid huge interest rates.

For God's sake, she is automatically the Nigeria's CEO (Business wise) and appraising her on all performance indices shows a poor rating. She needs to sit up.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by PassingShot(m): 11:22am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Can you relate any period within your responsible adult life when Nigerian Economy was ever good?

You consume more than you produce.

You depend solely on one source of income to fund everything, a sector which is restrictive to only specialized professionals.

You have states that exist for the sake of thieving governors who do nothing but divert what little is shared into their own personal use and what little project they undertake has little or no bearing to the common man.

You spend more than the U.S. itself to maintain a moribund civil service and corrupt political officers who are part of the problem.

The Fiscal policies are good but the Politicians ,whether by commission or omission, are doing all they can to subvert whatever gains that should have been visible.

State governors are not doing a single thing to attract necessary investors and stimulate growth within their states as their only concern is to award useless contracts for their own personal gain.

All of the above are within the duties of the FM/Coordinating Minister - to advise strategical policies to effect changes. But is she doing that? Nah. She's only satisfied with paper result with no positive effect on the masses than tangible, physical results which are the real results.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:23am On Dec 22, 2013
djfaithy:
.The funniest thing is, we are kinda richer than the US.

. .

The comment above really shows your level of exposure. I give up on you!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Boss13: 11:26am On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Excuse me Mr. Sunny, what do you know about employer of labour (I mean no disrespect). A lot of people come here to brag on nairaland. What do you know about corporate Nigeria. Being self employed does not make you an entrepreneur, employing a sales girl/boy doesn't make you a provider of jobs that counts in the economy. Do you know a single govt policy can wipe out your business from the surface of the earth (for instance, the motoring policy which will take effect from Jan 2014). Do you know that at the current interest rate, it may be highly impossible for you to expand your one shop business and make it a public corporation because your cost of capital would erode your profit and make your business insolvent.

Do you know that the economic risk of foreign exchange can put you out of business even if you don't deal with foreign currency.

So Mr. Sunny don't come to Nairaland and brag about being a self made millionaire and feel less about the situation going on in Govt. If you don't fight the govt to your advantage, the same govt will issue a policy that would make your (alleged) business turn to mallam shed. Go get yourself some business education.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:29am On Dec 22, 2013
ogmask:

New buildings are not in anyway a reflection of an improved ecinomy. Most of the pple u ar refering to found themselves in politics in 1999 because Nigeriand tot the military wuld not go. That the so called houses sprang up in ur villages thru stealin of our commonwealth does not in any way make d economy better.
The role of any responsible govt is to make sure that the effects of its policies trickles down to the shop floor. You dnt count the number of houses anf cars on d road as a reflections of a positive economy.

If you are referring to me, may I point it out to you that I'm from Igbo Ukwu. The only visible politician from my town is Chukwuemeka Ezeife. Other than him, I know no other politician. The people I made reference to people who are mainlyself employed, doing their own businesses with no links to government.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Wislet(f): 11:29am On Dec 22, 2013
IF ALL THE 'OCCUPY NIGERIA' GROUP CAN DO IS SPEW INSULTS ON A SITTING MINISTER INSTEAD OF PROFFERING SOLUTIONS TO WHAT THEY TERM 'MISDEEDS', THEN I DO NOT THINK THEY HAVE/KNOW THE SOLUTION THEMSELVES.

But, TO LEAVE THE FLOOR OPEN,

'OCCUPY NIGERIA' GROUP

IF YOU ARE HERE ON NAIRALAND(BECAUSE I THINK IT'S SOME OF YOU THAT ARE HERE INSULTUNG HER PERSON)

WHY DON'T YOU GIVE A CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM RIGHT NOW BY TELLING THE NIGERIAN POPULACE THE SOLUTION(S) TO THE PROBLEMS YOU HIGHLIGHTED TO THE MINISTER.

I am not on anybody's side, but I know one thing: A PROBLEM SOLVER PROFFERS POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS TO A PROBLEM AND NOT TALK SO MUCH WITH NO SINGLE SOLUTION.

THAT METHOD YOU KNOW IS THE WAY TO SALVAGING THE COUNTRY'S ECONOMY THAT YOU THINK SHE DOESN'T KNOW, TYPE IT HERE SO INTELLIGENT NIGERIANS WILL SEE IF YOU KNOW ECONOMICS AND WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, AND THEY WILL REPLY YOU .

AS YOU ANSWER, KINDLY QUOTE THIS COMMENT SO WE'LL KNOW IT'S YOU THAT IS REPLYING.

NIGERIANS ARE WAITING.

IF YOU CANNOT, THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ADVISE ANYBODY.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 22, 2013
Boss13:

Excuse me Mr. Sunny, what do you know about employer of labour (I mean no disrespect). A lot of people come here to brag on nairaland. What do you know about corporate Nigeria. Being self employed does not make you an entrepreneur, employing a sales girl/boy doesn't make you a provider of jobs that counts in the economy. Do you know a single govt policy can wipe out your business from the surface of the earth (for instance, the motoring policy which will take effect from Jan 2014). Do you know that at the current interest rate, it may be highly impossible for you to expand your one shop business and make it a public corporation because your cost of capital would erode your profit and make your business insolvent.

Do you know that the economic risk of foreign exchange can put you out of business even if you don't deal with foreign currency.

So Mr. Sunny don't come to Nairaland and brag about being a self made millionaire and feel less about the situation going on in Govt. If you don't fight the govt to your advantage, the same govt will issue a policy that would make your (alleged) business turn to mallam shed. Go get yourself some business education.

I salute your patience.....the guy is too individualistic with his mindset.

To me governance should be for the good of majority if it can't be for the good of all.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by SHAAWA: 11:35am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Can you relate any period within your responsible adult life when
Nigerian Economy was ever good?

You consume more than you produce.

You depend solely on one source of income to fund everything, a sector
which is restrictive to only specialized professionals.

You have states that exist for the sake of thieving governors who do
nothing but divert what little is shared into their own personal use and
what little project they undertake has little or no bearing to the
common man.

You spend more than the U.S. itself to maintain a moribund civil service
and corrupt political officers who are part of the problem.

The Fiscal policies are good but the Politicians ,whether by commission
or omission, are doing all they can to subvert whatever gains that
should have been visible.

State governors are not doing a single thing to attract necessary
investors and stimulate growth within their states as their only concern
is to award useless contracts for their own personal gain.

We all know the problems, that was why she was brought in from world bank to help us address these issues and advice the president accordingly.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by frodobee: 11:36am On Dec 22, 2013
simpleseyi: My grandmother does not understand statistics, graphs nor charts, she does not know the meaning of GDP , CPI or whatever, but she does know that a bag of rice was about 5,000 naira during Yar'Adua's administration but the same bag of rice is currently selling for more than 10,000 naira. My grandmother also knows that a dollar was 22 naira during Abacha's administration because our Uncle Chukwubelu sends dollars from US of A, now my grandmother knows that dollars is about 160 naira. I am not saying that our world acclaimed co-ordinating minister of economy is not working ooo, but why has the price of even our Garri Ijebu increased by more than 200% in the last few years, are we also importing Garri Ijebu from Ijebu Towns into Nigeria? Our minister of Agriculture has been getting awards all over the world for the more than 200% increase in the prices of food items over the last couple of years, so the man has been getting award for failure.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla convinced us to pay all our so-called foreign debts during Obasanjo's unfortunate regime, this same woman in collaboration with Jonathan has now accumulated crazy loans for the generations yet unborn. Why nah? HUMAN BEINGS NO GET SHAME AGAIN ... just like animals.

Inflation rate is two digits (in Economics Language), unemployment rate is officially 55% according to the National Bureau of Statistics but in reality it is about 80%, crime rate is increasing everyday because a man must find means of survival but trillions of naira is budgeted every year and the only result of the budget is statistics, graphs, charts, GDP, CPI and other nonsenses displayed by Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla and her cohorts.

Please can someone explain how GDP, CPI, statistics, graphs, charts affects or infest the price of Ijebu Garri or Ofada Rice. They have banned importation of rice, turkey, chicken and now fish. I eat garri, turkey, fish and rice, I don't eat statistics and GDP, if that is what Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla and her cohorts eat, then gudluck to them.
Atleast your Grandma knows this 22nd Dec 2013, and unlike you, she can tell how much she used to pay as fare during this period.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:38am On Dec 22, 2013
Boss13:

Bros, you keep spewing balderdash on this thread. First of all, all over the world, large corporations are not the main drivers of the economy, SMEs are. Large corporations are not the major employers of labour, SMEs are. That's why serious governments all over the world make policies that favour and offer support to small businesses more than the big corporations you make reference to. As per government policy wiping out ones business, that is for those who are not innovative.

You talk of current "high" interest rate. What do you know about historical interest rates in Nigeria? Has it been any better before?

Say what you know and not what you read in your Economics text books. Dude, I'm in the field taking the bullets practically
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by tosan200(m): 11:40am On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Bros, you keep spewing balderdash on this thread. First of all, all over the world, large corporations are not the main drivers of the economy, SMEs are. Large corporations are not the major employers of labour, SMEs are. That's why serious governments all over the world make policies that favour and offer support to small businesses more than the big corporations you make reference to. As per government policy wiping out ones business, that is for those who are not innovative.

You talk of current "high" interest rate. What do you know about historical interest rates in Nigeria? Has it been any better before?

Say what you know and not what you read in your Economics text books. Dude, I'm in the field taking the bullets practically
Sir , if I may ask , which business are you into?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by ceejayluv(m): 11:40am On Dec 22, 2013
imanuel5959: Why are Nigerians dis daft? A woman who if not because of †ђξ influence of USA will be †ђξ president of worldbank today is being insulted by ppl who can not cross †ђξ gate whre she's †ђξ boss in New York. Wat has NOI has got to do with †ђξ price of Ijebu garri Щњεn we all have govs who keep going to Abuja everyday to ask for money yet has got nothing to show for it. Don't each state of †ђξ federation has a commissioner for finance, wat is his/her role? Come to Abuja every month collect money and share or wat? Wat abt †ђξ local govts don't d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ have allocations from fg monthly, wat do d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ have to show for it. Dis country can never move forward until we †ђξ citizens start asking our elected or appointed officials questions not only †ђξ fg esp executive while we neglect †ђξ legislature, judiciary, various state and local govts, it will not work!!
As for †ђξ ppl insulting Okonjo Iweala .J̲̣̣̣U̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ pray to Your God to make U̶̲̥̅̊ atleast
Well-said.... I need an NOI critic to answer the questions you just asked.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by tosan200(m): 11:40am On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Sir , if I may ask , what do you do ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by damoobaba: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2013
capricon: Nigerians never cease to amaze me. Please someone answer me. What has a minister of finance got to do with improving the living standards of ordinary nigerians?
The sure p funds disbursement, what did your governors do with them.
Instead of people to attack their governors, health ministers, power, education they are attacking a finance minister.
The government can never put food on your tables except ofcourse you want handouts and food stamps. Go and work and make your lives better.
See ur level of reasoning. Hw can one work when d conditions needed to establish and run an organization is nt there. On NOI,d task given to her is to make sure d needs of every other ministries are met so as to make sure they deliver on the agenda of the govt, since GEJ believes He can't coordinate all d ministries. Now ask urself, what does Ngozi have to show in any ministry or even throughout d country for d period she has been coordinating d affairs of the country.Shame On NOI and all her present supporters. I respect Barth Nnaji for pulling out of this joke called Jonathan's govt.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Mogten(m): 11:44am On Dec 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

That same mother of yours knows that when dollar was 22 naira (though it was really 80 naira) like you claim under Abacha, minimum wage was 1,500 naira. When rice was 5,000 naira as you alleged under Yaradua, minimum wage was 9,500 and later 11,000. Now, minimum wage is 18,000 naira.
My brother, you are right in one sense -- I.e there's been a rise in nominal wages. But the increase in minimum wage is meant to keep up with inflation, it does not in any way indicate that real income today is any better than it were under the aforementioned preceding regimes(I could prove this, just don't have d strength to start digging up CPI figures). Prices weren't as high as they are presently.... What good is 18k5 in 2013 if it can't buy as much goods as it could have in 1998? Ask the "Zimbabwean" millionaires of 2011, they would know.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:44am On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

I salute your patience.....the guy is too individualistic with his mindset.

To me governance should be for the good of majority if it can't be for the good of all.

I'm not being individualistic here mate. I'm pointing out to you the fact that most people around my neck of the wood have seen big improvements in their lives than it was before 1999. One is not saying that more doesn't need to be done. Yes, we are not there yet but anybody who is not blind will agree with me that there is noticeable improvement.

On a lighter note, I knew when children going on Christmas rounds in my village would be served rice in a tray for a group of say 5 and 2 or 3 of them would share a bottle of coke. These days, they no longer accept coke but can manage malt if you don't have orange juice lol!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by ogunniyi42(m): 11:45am On Dec 22, 2013
imanuel5959: Why are Nigerians dis daft? A woman who if not because of †ђξ influence of USA will be †ђξ president of worldbank today is being insulted by ppl who can not cross †ђξ gate whre she's †ђξ boss in New York. Wat has NOI has got to do with †ђξ price of Ijebu garri Щњεn we all have govs who keep going to Abuja everyday to ask for money yet has got nothing to show for it. Don't each state of †ђξ federation has a commissioner for finance, wat is his/her role? Come to Abuja every month collect money and share or wat? Wat abt †ђξ local govts don't d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ have allocations from fg monthly, wat do d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ have to show for it. Dis country can never move forward until we †ђξ citizens start asking our elected or appointed officials questions not only †ђξ fg esp executive while we neglect †ђξ legislature, judiciary, various state and local govts, it will not work!!
I can c tribalism here (you mention world bank president..she can't be there because she will mess up tinz ova there ..person wey no fit gv nigeria good result except paper dramas abeg bro talk oda tinz
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by solomon111(m): 11:45am On Dec 22, 2013
Occupy Nigeria group?
I laugh.
If these ones that can't engage in a simple economic debate with the minister except spewing out emotional verbose take hold of the country,then it means Nigeria will plung into a somalia-like economy.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:47am On Dec 22, 2013
Mogten: My brother, you are right in one sense -- I.e there's been a rise in nominal wages. But the increase in minimum wage is meant to keep up with inflation, it does not in any way indicate that real income today is any better than it were under the aforementioned preceding regimes(I could prove this, just don't have d strength to start digging up CPI figures). Prices weren't as high as they are presently.... What good is 18k5 in 2013 if it can't buy as much goods as it could have in 1998? Ask the "Zimbabwean" millionaires of 2011, they would know.

We are on the same page somehow. 18,500 naira today is grossly inadequate but can certainly buy more than 1,500 could buy in 1998.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Forensic Analysis Of The Orubebe's Drama / Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason / FG-Ijaw Talks Spark Ethnic Tension In Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.