Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,996 members, 7,938,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:09 PM

Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? (15661 Views)

See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! / Why Is Chicken Strictly Associated With Christmas? Why Not Goats, Goose, Pigs. / Name The Most Common Food In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by okpukmbat: 3:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
gej is the cause..............
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
If you ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by nairaman66(m): 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
The Only Presentable food that is Cheap and affordable! grin
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Jensenelizz(m): 3:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
Mr•Olodo:
[size=24pt]Abeg make una thank Almighty God for Mr.olodo am eating Christmas rice I now look fat and healthy grin[/size]
shocked see ur versace singlet
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Alikaxon(m): 3:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
Not true, we cooked pounded yam
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Genea(f): 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2013
1. Rice shows prestige
2. Rice is easier and less stresfl
3. I wud prefer rice to eat in any1 house bt pounded cud also make a nice dish,apart frm dis notin else
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
Mum made ofe ukazi and pounded yam in the way only she knows. Best meal in a while.
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by xtiantyme1: 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
Rice
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by ARareGem(f): 3:30pm On Dec 25, 2013
Rice is relatively easier to prepare and package.
Rice meals are enjoyed by most.
Rice is affordable to an extent.
Rice garnished with fried chicken makes it all the more enticing.
Have you tasted rice with a salad dressing?
Rice is a light meal. So no matter how many places you visit, there's still space for one more spoon of rice.
Rice meal is a suitable means of contaminating people with witchcraft because it is loved by most.
A lot of people are of the notion that this bird food prepared in a special way makes it a foreign dish.
Those watching their weight believe that rice is safe diet. They forget that rice and its dressings are loaded with carbohydrates and oils which will eventually be converted to fats.

These are some strong reasons why we love rice during Christmas period.

2 Likes

Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by IamDebola: 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
adezjamz:

[size=30pt]Are we mad[/size]

I still need to consult Ifa on your case..

2 Likes

Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by vislabraye(m): 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
Jaeru: Please is there any law that says Christmas must come with rice because majority of people i know will b saying Christmas rice.

This xmas na beans I dey chop. Nothing do me.
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Polio: 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
No idea.

1 Like

Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Aminat508(f): 3:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
Abeg make dem stop bringing rice to our house ooo.ayam tired ooooo
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Justeenaleo(f): 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
buskie13: The truth is just dat,many Nigerians dont eat rice as in de way de eat eba or amala on daily basis,dey see rice as a once in a year food.

To me,i prefer anything that comes my way.
Not true
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Bummy7: 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
I fried chinchin n chicken dis xmas which made it special.
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Justeenaleo(f): 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
ARareGem: Rice is relatively easier to prepare and package.
Rice meals are enjoyed by most.
Rice is affordable to an extent.
Rice garnished with fried chicken makes it all the more enticing.
Have you tasted rice with a salad dressing?
Rice is a light meal. So no matter how many places you visit, there's still space for one more spoon of rice.
Rice meal is a suitable means of contaminating people with witchcraft because it is loved by most.
A lot of people are of the notion that this bird food prepared in a special way makes it a foreign dish.
Those watching their weight believe that rice is safe diet. They forget that rice and its dressings are loaded with carbohydrates and oils which will eventually be converted to fats.

These are some strong reasons why we love rice during Christmas period.
Xactly!
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by lomprico(m): 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
That's because rice is my favourite food + millions of other Nigerians
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Sirtobi2: 3:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
Rice na sweet pas.lol

1 Like

Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Ajibel(m): 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2013
I've eaten rice twice today.
Jollof rice, Fried rice
and am very afraid my aunty ll prepare White rice at night. Am very afraid sad

1 Like

Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by romzyxy(m): 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
Smily202: wetin concern us
ℓ tire o...abeg make una flex on
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by JingoOAU(m): 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
For me, I have a different perspective. If you go to Ondo state, ekiti, Ijeshaland, over 90percent of d people eat pounded yam and vegetables.

Ibadan or oyo state generally would always take amala and gbegiri. So different ethnic groups with different food of their choices.
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by babaowambe: 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
affordable,economical, not nutritious
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Whizkeey(m): 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
cheaper and plenty... dats all
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by kennyz8(m): 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
ds is endtime tinz
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by joshuaidibia(m): 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
becos its d general celebration food. easy to eat anywhr. nd its light. dnt cos a mess if eatn it. nd because e gt SWAG pass any oda food. grin
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by luvlyoracle(m): 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
Jaeru: Please is there any law that says Christmas must come with rice because majority of people i know will b saying Christmas rice.
Na lie, pounded yam can still go.
embarassed
Na lie, pounded yam can still go.

1 Like

Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by omojaytee(m): 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
Emzybrown: Op i just dey wonder o how stale your reasoning is. Men i just down a plate of fried rice and salad with turkey laps, being a non alcoholic guy i drank viju milk to wash it down.. Fucck christmas sweet, if not for rice, who will?
And do u nid to insult the young man all because u want to post a comment
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by kennyz8(m): 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
abeg any begium chicken for sale
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2013
Aminat508: Abeg make dem stop bringing rice to our house ooo.ayam tired ooooo
to speak normal english na wahala to even speak pidgin english too na wahala again too wetin u wan come sabi speak? grin
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by watchindelta(m): 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2013
meh i lik rice die oh! even ppl dy complained weda i be bird! Evryday wakis 4 me jejely.
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Vanityupnvanity(m): 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue :Price is my favourite. presently eating it
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
sugaarbear: children loves rice... Wud yu expect them to eat beans?
abeg who get gbagaun proof?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ukpo Oka (corn Pudding) Recipe. With Pictures. / Men And Woman, Who Eat Much Food? / Thread For Guys Who Can Cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.