Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,809 members, 7,945,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 07:36 PM

Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP (17055 Views)

APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats / Buhari’s Certificate: Go To court, INEC Tells PDP / PDP Move To Declare Defecting Reps’ Seats Vacant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by Oluloba(m): 7:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
And some marabouts keep telling them they will rule for 60 years...
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by ojimbo(m): 7:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
Johnathan is not a fool like obasanjo and buhari who opens their mouth all the time to talk rubbish like some of niaralanders, wait till 2015 and see what God will surely do for his people, GEJ is chosen one by God, so any attempt to oppose him is an attempt on your God, let me learn from him and keep quiet and wait and see the work of God for nigeria
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by Bimpe29: 7:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
Alright!
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by bros856: 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
When People were defecting from other parties to PDP in the house there was no vacant sit why should there be a vacant sit now.

1 Like

Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by DerideGull(m): 7:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
ndu_chucks:

^^^^+ 100%

Mr. Gull, you should be happy that, while Nigeria is not USA, we are making progress nontheless in the practice of democracy. We are playing by the rules and allowing the courts resolve constitutional questions. You should join us in these exciting times.

If you believe we need some instruction, please give us some guidance right here and now, else you stand a chance of being sent egbe ndi Abriba to piafuka gi 'one or two parts of your anatomy' smiley

If the aforementioned defections were nationally uniform rather than represent the known evil axis, I would have given it a benefit of doubt. Nobody makes progress in democracy through political party defection. It is a mark of political irresponsibility and symptoms of vacillation prohibited in the exercise of democracy. However, I guess Nigerians will rely on the dictates of 1999 Constitution pertaining to defection.
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by Olaolufred(m): 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: Then why the busybody by The Nation Newspapers. It never and will never happen.

I think the reason it is a media station is to report developments to people.
Should all newspapers stop reportage when it is not good for pdp,
But report when ihedi ohakim defects to pdp?

Deceit at its peak.
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by nduchucks: 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
DerideGull:

If the aforementioned defections were nationally uniform rather than represent the known evil axis, I would have given it a benefit of doubt. Nobody makes progress in democracy through political party defection. It is a mark of political irresponsibility and symptoms of vacillation prohibited in the exercise of democracy. However, I guess Nigerians will rely on the dictates of 1999 Constitution pertaining to defection.

You make progress in democracy by resisting undemocratic practices of party leaders such as Tukur and GEJ who seek to prevent party members from legitimately running for the highest office. If the resistance does not work, you break away and form your own party or join an existing one. This is democracy in action. Secondly, in a democracy, you respect your constitution, in our case the 1999 Constitution, amend it periodically as we are currently in the process of doing. So I ask you, Mr. Gull, why don't you believe in democracy when it comes to your motherland? Are you a communist?
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by Iyegbu(m): 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
This is not an issue to worry the PDP, there's absolutely no way those 37 defected PDP lawmakers won't forfeit their seats.
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by Fourwinds: 10:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nonsense.! nonsense.!! When it suites the PDP then., they didn't raise an eye brawl. I remembered vividly when d likes of governors of Abia., Bauchi., Imo., to mention a few deffected to PDP. no seat was decleared vacant. now they are having d heat., they want seats to b decleared vacant. I say nonsence again.

1 Like

Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by greggng: 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
I think gej should stop wasting his time by asking jega or court to declare their sit vacant. The ought to ve made sure this never happen innitally. Are they gonna conduct new election to takeover the position of the defected law makers? That will be inpunity to the highest order and a call to anarchy
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 23, 2013
DOWNLOAD THIS HIT DANCE TRACK OF THE MOMENT
EVERYBODY IN AFRICA BY MICOBIN
http:///14pnnecm35co
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by DerideGull(m): 1:51am On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

You make progress in democracy by resisting undemocratic practices of party leaders such as Tukur and GEJ who seek to prevent party members from legitimately running for the highest office. If the resistance does not work, you break away and form your own party or join an existing one. This is democracy in action. Secondly, in a democracy, you respect your constitution, in our case the 1999 Constitution, amend it periodically as we are currently in the process of doing. So I ask you, Mr. Gull, why don't you believe in democracy when it comes to your motherland? Are you a communist?

Please name one of those politicians who defected from PDP to APC that was stopped from contesting in party primaries? One of the worst killers of democracy is rampant or silly indulgence in political assumptions. There is no place in democratic society for goofy peddlers of propaganda. I must remind you that constitutional amendment is not and shall never be driven by sectional interest or diabolical means of evil axis.

1 Like

Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by Nobody: 2:00am On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks: The earlier GEJ realizes that he cannot be saved by Tukur, Asari-Dokubo, or any of his 'trusted' advisers including Okupe and Abati, the better for him. His Party is crumbling right in front of his eyes, while he keeps mum, hoping for a miracle from the likes of Adeboye, Oritsejafor, and TB Joshua instead of jumping in the fight and fighting like a man.

Only 9 more defectors to APC are needed before the house is lost to APC. If he is wise he'd start spending some of the billions they've stashed away for 2015 for PR and other 'encouragements' of PDP members who are currently on the fence or he'll find out that he may not even have the opportunity to contest in 2015. The President is proving to be a very ineffective and weak tactician and loser.

If this man cannot lead effectively in fighting Boko Haram, in keeping his PDP intact, in taking decisive steps to curb blatant theft and corruption within his cabinet members, why the hell can't he just resign? We Nigerians most definitely deserve much better than this. What a shame!!!
SENSIBLE POST... cool cool cool
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by stevey25(m): 7:01am On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks: Another blow to the finished PDP

The INEC man has not yet received any letter from PDP. So how is PDP finished?
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by LBT: 7:58am On Dec 23, 2013
mikeansy: These lawmakers are fooling themselves

PDP just need to go to court and ask the court to compel the relevant officials to declare the seats vacant

Nigerian politicians are very ridiculous and annoying

The consequences of changing parties is clear in the constitution, let those who changed party be ready to face the consequences. that's the consequence of their political choices and they should face it like men!
I know through your write up that you're a learner; didn't you read in the papers that the court came out to say that their seats can never be declared vacant under law? So, what are you implying?
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by segnys007(m): 9:49am On Dec 23, 2013
drnoel:
ma broda do u mind people here that don´t read in between the lines. The constitution states it very clear that those sits are forfeit. No wonder GEJ is not even bordering himself.
do you think this is the first time a member of NASS would cross to another party? How come the constitution was not interpreted to declare vacant their seats before now?
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 23, 2013
No big deal if their seats are declared vacant. It's not as if PDP will just nominate people to replace them. Elections would be conduct and, be sure, they're going to win again.
I see PDP going into oblivion with this m.oronic Tukur as the chairman. He's certainly there to destroy the party and GEJ second term ambition.
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by Sekpeagah: 11:27am On Dec 23, 2013
THE FEAR OF APC IS D DOWNFALL OF PDP
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by MichaelNwiwiri: 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
Abi Tukur no sabi say INEC no fit disqualified candidate nor declare seat vacant in NA or SA. Nawa oh frustration you are in court, you n fit wait for court Decision. shebi, you created it.
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by Olaolufred(m): 12:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
stevey25:

The INEC man has not yet received any letter from PDP. So how is PDP finished?

PDP I'd not finished.
Just on the way to self strangulation.

Read the inec response. PDP has not written them officially, even though it did, it is not in its ( inec) power to declare their city vacant.
Try to read before response.
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by segnys007(m): 12:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
ojimbo: Johnathan is not a fool like obasanjo and buhari who opens their mouth all the time to talk rubbish like some of niaralanders, wait till 2015 and see what God will surely do for his people, GEJ is chosen one by God, so any attempt to oppose him is an attempt on your God, let me learn from him and keep quiet and wait and see the work of God for nigeria
so it's God's aim to destroy Nigeria? So God would watch Nigeria get destroyed just to favor Jonathan? What are you smoking?
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by segnys007(m): 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
DerideGull:

are you saying you never heard of defection from other parties to PDP before? Curiously, the dictates of the constitution was not followed when people were moving to PDP.
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by segnys007(m): 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
Iyegbu: This is not an issue to worry the PDP, there's absolutely no way those 37 defected PDP lawmakers won't forfeit their seats.
where were you when Governor Orji of Abia state moved from PPA to PDP?
Re: Defection: We Can’t Declare Reps Seats Vacant, INEC Tells PDP by bashydemy(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
segnys007: are you saying you never heard of defection from other parties to PDP before? Curiously, the dictates of the constitution was not followed when people were moving to PDP.
Please help me ask him what happen when Obanikoro defected to PDP when he was a senator.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Garba Shehu: PDP Is University Of Lies, Nigerians Don’t Want Them Back In 2023 / Bashir Ahmad Loses Gaya/Ajingi/Albasu APC House Of Reps Primary / Yetunde Onanuga's Convoy Attacked By Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.